The NBA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

like seashells
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 7 Championwon the 3rd Official Smogon Tournament
So bulls with the first pick...what a waste that tyrus pick was now...they'll prob take beasley, i mean, sure rose is better than hinrich, but bulls starting pf is......................

drew gooden? o_O

heat with rose will be fine. rose/wade/marion/haslem, that's a pretty good foundation right thurrr
chris quinn*

Surprised that nobody's talked about Ramon Session lately...Does anyone think he can become starting PG for the Bucks next(or maybe the one after) season?

Surprised that nobody's talked about Ramon Session lately...Does anyone think he can become starting PG for the Bucks next(or maybe the one after) season?
cause its playoffs, and nobody cares about lottery teams now. Deal with that after the finals end. By the way yes, they should trade mo williams, but i dont really want to talk about this yet.

The celts/pistons game was great, the celts finally brought it for the entire game, the pistons never really challenged in the 2nd half. A ton of their baskets were lucky bounces/deflections to our defense right to rip/prince who nailed jumpers. I liked what i saw in game one, but im smart enough to realize detroit is one of the best teams at bouncing back, and boston lately has been one of the worst teams at holding edges and playing on the road. Should be an intense fun series to watch. If only ray could hit a jumper.

Yeah I'll steer away from the Playoffs just for a brief second.

Interesting Draft Lottery, will be interesting to see what the Bulls decide to do with the pick. Beasley or Rose, or perhaps use it as trade bait.

Beasley: Bulls finally get that frontcourt runner and post player they desperately need. Makes their starting line-up look much more respectable.

Rose: Now this is an interesting one. Many of you may say Bulls are guard heavy, but Duhon and Gordon are FAs. Duhon is as good as gone, and I'm not sure Chicago will match the money BG will ask for. There are also rumours that they will trade Hinrich, leaving the door wide open for Rose to take over the reigns of the team. Now if they decide to sign that bigman they need, they can do a sign and trade using 1 or more of the FAs. Elton Brand anyone? Worst case scenario could see them getting Zach Randolph?

Trade: Nuggets are apparently shopping Melo. Use the 1st pick as trade bait perhaps? Obviously they should try to get him without having to give up the pick, but I couldn't see that happening. Good deal or not?

That was an awesome late game performance by Kobe.

My predicts though it's too late: Pistons in 7; Lakers in 6.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So bulls with the first pick...what a waste that tyrus pick was now...they'll prob take beasley, i mean, sure rose is better than hinrich, but bulls starting pf is......................

drew gooden? o_O

heat with rose will be fine. rose/wade/marion/haslem, that's a pretty good foundation right thurrr
They should take Rose; Noah's going to be a stud at PF, at LEAST defensively, and Hinrich was actually pretty bad last year (though that was probably a fluke)

Atmosphere was freaking awesome at Staples last night. Traffic was extra killer cuz of American Idol next door. Lakers coming back ftw :pimp:

well some people have them taking rose, and then putting hinrich at the sg position, although his like 38 fg% from last year as a pg isn't too enticing, but you never know. rose could end up like a mini-wade in the making, kind of a sg whos great at making plays and passing.

i suppose a wade/marion/haslem and let beasley play as a center in the east, kinda like maybe amare-east-lite (east already means west-lite!). although when your best pg is chris quinn...................................................................................................................

I've heard a lot of rumors about Melo + Camby to the Nets for Jefferson + Marcus Williams + 1st round pick.

I'm not sure the Bulls will take Rose unless they can find a trade partner for Hinrich. Drew Gooden is actually going to be easier to trade because of his expiring contract. Hinrich has been on a decline in recent years and some teams probably don't view him as a franchise point guard anymore. That said I believe there's a better chance the Bulls will draft Beasley.

Man, what's up with 'Melo and his driving issues? DUI, Speeding, what's next, possesion of drugs? Oh wait...

The Celtics-Pistons game is boring as hell, I especially hate these grind-fests...

Well, my predictions for the second round all turned out wrong, so I'm not sure why I continue to predict because these will probably also be way off.

Celtics in 7. I think they can beat Detroit in Game 3 especially because their desperation level will be through the roof.

Lakers in 5. I really hate these fucking spurs, but I'm picking the Lakers to win in 5 because I think they can still either Game 3 or 4, and I think the Spurs have lost a little bit of edge after blowing a 20 point lead. Remember that the suns had Game 1 in their hands and blew it. All of the analyists said it would be a great series and what happened? Spurs won in 5.

Tough choice for the Bulls to make believe it or not. A lot depends on who they plan to pursue in Free Agency or trades. It could depend on whether they decide to give Ben Gordon the money he wants or not, or whether they decide to pursue a big man in the summer.

So for example, let's say Bulls picked Beasley and re-signed Gordon. Their lineup would be:

PG - Hinrich
SG - Gordon
SF - Deng
PF - Beasley
C - Noah

Positives: They got their power forward with legit post moves, someone who can run and score with the best of them. A future all-star. They got some decent scorers now with BG, Deng and Beast. They are also able to bring some decent players off the bench instead of having to start them, like Gooden, Hughes, Sefolosha, Thomas etc.

Negatives: Still a pretty undersized team, and still get pounded on the boards like usual. Hinrich and Gordon still haven't shown much improvement in the last few years, and even for the guard position are fairly small. I can see power guards like Chauncey Billups posting them up all day.

Now to the 2nd scenario, draft Rose, trade Hinrich and Gordon (Gordon would have to be in a sign and trade deal), let 1 or 2 other FAs go, and bring in a big man through Free Agency.

PG - Rose
SG - Hughes/Sefolosha
SF - Deng
PF - Brand/Randolph
C - Noah

Positives - A young team still, but now mixed with some good veterans too. They got scoring at different positions on the floor. Much better defensively as well with slightly more size. Rose is another future all-star too. It's a toss up between Hughes and Sefolosha to start. Depends whether you want to start with offense or defense.

Negatives: With Ben Gordon gone, they lack a really consistent outside shooter. While Hughes is a decent offensive player, he's not one who can knock down 3-4 treys a game like BG. Perhaps Bulls can find a shooter in the 2nd round of the draft? Or pick a decent one up in Free Agency?

Anyway, back to the playoffs. I was happy to see Ray Allen have a big game, it was about time he stepped up and knocked down his usual shots. I love the guy, I try to base my game on him, coming off screens and knocking down shots, but just not so keen on the team he's with.
Pistons looked a lot better in this Game 2, with scoring across the board, the guards especially. Billups looks like the injury isn't bothering him as much as it was, Hamilton did his thing, and Stuckey was great off the bench. Celtics now have to win a game on the road, no choice. They couldn't do it against Atlanta and Cleveland, so they gotta do something special to go and win in the Palace.

last nights game was lame.. the refs need to work freaking harder to get the right calls. First they missed a call for the Lakers to seal it toward the end when the ball went out of bounds off the Spurs but the ball hit the rim which should of given them 24 on the clock. Then at the end Fisher fouled the one dude when he took a desperate three but it wasn't called. wth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)