The NBA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That game was just amazing. The reserves came in, the defecit fell from 34 to 32 points, and then they pushed it all the way to FORTY before it rested at 39 at the end. Just fucking ridiculous.
43, actually. I was hoping they'd beat the 42 set by Jordan's Bulls against the Utah Jazz. Damn, I need to post more here, considering I'm actually a large fan. I just can't stand it when the ONLY team I root for gets beaten year in and year out, and by the same team, no less. This is why simulating games on 2k8 is much more fun, as anything can happen in it. I hope they don't trade away their draft pick like the past 2-3 years. Brandon Rush would be so...pwn.

I just wanna say that its about time that KG, Pierce, and Ray Allen got a ring! I mean finally...10 yrs for pierce and....i dont remember how long for KG...only problem is that KG definetly deserved NBA Finals MVP...more than pierce...KG has been the emotional, and defensive center for the team...Peirce I'll grant it is really good...but KG...come on...

= ************* ( My beloved Lakers fucking fell apart that last game! Fuck! Oh well, next season should be even better with a healthy lineup.

I just wanna say that its about time that KG, Pierce, and Ray Allen got a ring! I mean finally...10 yrs for pierce and....i dont remember how long for KG...only problem is that KG definetly deserved NBA Finals MVP...more than pierce...KG has been the emotional, and defensive center for the team...Peirce I'll grant it is really good...but KG...come on...
If it's anyone, Allen deserves it. He never disappeared during the series unlike a certain Finals MVP...

If it's anyone, Allen deserves it. He never disappeared during the series unlike a certain Finals MVP...
I must admit he did disappear...and Allen really was killin them...but I really think KG was more important to who the Celtics are...he's a real tough defensive player....Boston is a real tough defensive team...

I'm not really an L.A. fan, but why are you all so quick to mimic everything ever said about Kobe? He's definitely not the best teammate, but he's far from the first to use the bitch at you until you hate me approach. I put giving up the 24 point lead on him, but the 39 point loss? Not a chance, Boston gave him no space and his teammates couldn't get to the rim without losing the ball or just flat out missing shots. And since that was happening all Kobe could do was force whatever he had, and all he had was the jumpshot.

That team will be completely reshaped lineup wise with Bynum in the mix even though its looking like they'll keep the same team mostly. I'm really hoping they'll try to get a better point guard..Farmar has potential..but Fisher is getting old and Sasha is such an annoying and streaky player

I'd like to say Ray Allen deserved the finals MVP since he's from my hometown and I know his daughter who used to live here who's my age. He WAS the most consistent player in the finals but Pierces game 5 was incredible and except for his 6 point performance the rest were good to great as well. KG didn't deserve any kind of award for the finals, or any of their series really. Who cares if he helped 'changed the landscape' or whatever everyone is saying he didn't play good enough in game situations half the time.

Technically this isn't about the NBA, but I didn't want to start a whole thread about it, so I'll just ask here:

Will NBC air Olympic Basketball games? I really want to see them, but I've never seen Olympic basketball on T.V in my entire life. The fact that Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, Dwayne Wade, Jason Kidd, and Dwight Howard all being on the same team makes me happy inside.

Basketball is one of the major events of the Olympics as far as the USA is concerned. It might be tape-delayed to play in prime time, but NBC would be crazy not to show Team USA's games at a minimum.

Chicago picked Rose! At first I thought Beasley would've been a better pick because Chicago already has so many guards. Gooden, Grey, and Noah are in the post though, so it shouldn't be that big of a problem. Hopefully the new coach and the arrival of Rose will lead to a trip back to the playoffs. I hope Gordon doesn't leave anytime soon.

L.A will no doubt improve with Bynum coming back, and Gasol and Farmar gaining more skill. I see L.A winning for the next couple years.

My god, WTF is the matter with these teams?! Letting CDR fall this far into the draft?! How can you pick his teammate Joey Dorsey over CDR, the Conference USA Player Of The Year!!! NJ NETS got a steal thats all I can say

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i am so fucking angry right now

we selected the worst possible player we possibly could with our first rounder (raw big who plays no defense - we have plenty of those on washington)

and we sold our secound rounder who actually was a fucking steal

i am so fucking angry right now

we selected the worst possible player we possibly could with our first rounder (raw big who plays no defense - we have plenty of those on washington)

and we sold our secound rounder who actually was a fucking steal
lol its ok I live in Phoenix, I'm not a Phoenix fan but man after looking at there draft picks, your team couldn't have been much worse... LOL @ Taking Robyn Lopez, the bad twin from Standford XD!

I'd like to know more about Maurice Speights. Hopefully he can be a stopper in the middle and help Dalembert freelance more and block shots (since that's all he freaking good for). Still need a legit #4 if we're gonna contend this year.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
lol its ok I live in Phoenix, I'm not a Phoenix fan but man after looking at there draft picks, your team couldn't have been much worse... LOL @ Taking Robyn Lopez, the bad twin from Standford XD!
Except that he was exactly what they needed - defense/shotblocking/toughness.

Lopez/Stoudamire is going to be a pretty awesome frontcourt.

McGee has zero basketball IQ and can't play defense.

Memephis should be pretty good in a few years,providing they get a couple of good FAs to compliment Gay, Mayo, and Conley

Except that he was exactly what they needed - defense/shotblocking/toughness.

Lopez/Stoudamire is going to be a pretty awesome frontcourt.

McGee has zero basketball IQ and can't play defense.

No.... what they needed is a back up Point Guard, that is why they are still kicking there selves in the ass for not taking the European Point Guard. They also needed a big man but even listen to what the analysis say on ESPN or NBA TV ... Robyn Lopez is not the answer for there problem in the middle, he helps but hell, 7'1" and in college wasn't even a good rebounder?! Now that may have to do with his brother ( who is better than him ) but still when Brooke was in-eligible, Robyn's best game was 20 Pts. 12 Rbs. Sounds good but, he put up those numbers against Yale =/

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
Jamison signs for 4 years 50 million. Hey-Oh, can I jump on the bandwagon please? I don't think I can take another season of 42 win mediocrity.

Jamison signs for 4 years 50 million. Hey-Oh, can I jump on the bandwagon please? I don't think I can take another season of 42 win mediocrity.
make the celts your team away from home. I personally love the golden state warriors ever since they beat dallas in the 1st round last year. Might be different with baron davis.

speaking of baron davis, him and brand opting out. Free agency all of a sudden becomes a MUCH bigger deal. lol watch them just switch teams in the end. Golden state is going to have to work hard to get to the playoffs next year, especially with portland knocking below them. Portland is really starting to scare me, at least on paper.

make the celts your team away from home. I personally love the golden state warriors ever since they beat dallas in the 1st round last year. Might be different with baron davis.

speaking of baron davis, him and brand opting out. Free agency all of a sudden becomes a MUCH bigger deal. lol watch them just switch teams in the end. Golden state is going to have to work hard to get to the playoffs next year, especially with portland knocking below them. Portland is really starting to scare me, at least on paper.

Baren Davis is looking at going to Detroit

Yup. Lebron, Yi, and Devin Harris leading the Brooklyn Nets sounds about right. I think the Blazers are going to be a beast in the West in the upcoming seasons as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)