Project The Next Best Thing (New thread is newer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flame Charge doesn't work with Sheer Force js. Also, Camerupt is incredibly slow and doesn't even hit 300 Speed at +2 without a +Speed nature, and is still outsped by most common Scarf users at +4 if you don't run +Speed.

Flame Charge doesn't work with Sheer Force js. Also, Camerupt is incredibly slow and doesn't even hit 300 Speed at +2 without a +Speed nature, and is still outsped by most common Scarf users at +4 if you don't run +Speed.
Than we probably have to run either Timid or Naive/Hasty. And thank you for pointing the whole FS problem out to me, I didn't know it :]

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 176 SpD / 84 Spe
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast (which move you choose depends on whether you want more power or more accuracy)
- Earth Power
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

From my experience using Mega Camerupt, the standard set's lack of any form of recovery, (not even Leftovers or anything) can be a real annoyance, as it means that Mega Camerupt gets worn down very quickly unless it's paired with Wish support from the likes of Alomomola or Aromatisse. Resttalk Mega Camerupt attempts to remedy this by giving Camel a way to keep itself healthy throughout the game without relying on team support, letting it stick around for significantly longer to both break down defensive cores and check various threats such as Houndoom, Jolteon, Escavalier, Eelektross, Doublade, Whimsicott, and Rotom-C, among others. Rest lets Mega Camerupt immediately recover off all damage it's taken over the game when used, while Sleep Talk ensures that Mega Camerupt isn't a sitting duck by any means even while asleep. The last two moveslots are simply dedicated to Camerupt's solid dual STAB combination of Flamethrower / Fire Blast and Earth Power, both of which are more than powerful enough to break through the majority of the metagame despite a lack of special attack investment (note: Mega Camerupt's uninvested Fire Blast is almost as powerful as Timid LO Molt's, that's quite impressive!), and have quite good neutral coverage together. The EV spread is the same as the standard set onsite: it lets Camerupt outspeed minimum base 50s such as Tangrowth, Registeel, and Eelektross pre mega evolution, and lets it outrun base 30s such as Amoonguss, Reuniclus, Mega Steelix, Aromatisse (technically base 29, but you know what i mean) and Slowking post mega evolution. The rest of the EVs are invested in HP and Special Defense to ensure that Mega Camerupt can take hits and utilize its resistances as effectively as possible. A more offensive spread is possible i guess, but it cuts into Mega Camerupt's bulk quite a bit, and as mentioned before, camel has more than enough power to work with even uninvested.

Overall, i think Resttalk Mega Camerupt has quite a bit of potential, anyone else have thoughts on it?

Lastly, i'm really not sure how much i like Rock Polish Camerupt, even with maximum investment and a Timid nature Mega Camel still can't outspeed base 90s at +2 post mega evolution x.x.

Last edited:

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Was literally about to post that set Molk >.>

Anyways, onto my set

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam / Ancient Power
- Growth

So Trick Room was a playstyle that Mega-Camerupt has pretty much become a staple on due to its slow speed and ridiculous power. Sunroom allows you to combine two playstyles together and boost past more defensive teams to destroy literally everything at +2. Combine something like Uxie with a heatrock, Uxie will Sunny Day, then Trick Room than Memento and you can get up a growth and get 3 KOs. Pretty cool set that requires a bit to pull off.

yay

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Substitute
- Yawn
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Earth Power

The good sets are already taken(resttalk and sunnyroom), and I could do SunnyBeam, but I didn't really want to do that, so have this. Speed EVs is to outspeed 0 Spe Rhyperior and Druddigon, max SpA for maximum damage output, and the rest is dumped into bulk. Yawn is a weird move, but can be used to put pressure on offensive mons and such, and Substitute can be used combined with it to get a free Sub up after a mon gets Drowsy, plus Sub can be useful for getting off a free hit.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Camerupt @ Cameruptite
EVs: 248 HP / 104 SpA / 156 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Roar

SO yeah. It's a fairly bulkyrupt, but with SR. Roar is sweet since it lets you stop Combusken, who doesn't want to stay in anyhow (and Xatu won't like flamethrowers). I guess this is just somewhat different EVs and a different fourth slot, but it's pretty cool. Using it on stall currently as a hole puncher who can also phaze mons around to wear them down, since no one wants to stay in on this bad boi.

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
-Trick Room
-Shadow Ball
-Will-o-wisp
-Memento
This is a hyper offensive trick room lead - the goal is to get a trick room up and memento to gain maximum momentum. From experience, cofagrigus is bulky but is deadweight on most trick room teams. Nasty plot takes too long to set up, and odds are the other team will outspeed you and do major damage once trick room ends. So instead, this set aims to be bulky and maybe getting a burn if you absolutely need one, but also to memento either the first or second time getting up trick room to best set-up for the next sweeper. I thought about trick - toxic orb instead of shadow ball, but thought it better to have cofagrigus function as a bulky pokemon if you absolutely need one (and it's still on the field). Hyper offense is pretty much necessary to justify sacking a trick room setter, though. Preferably pair with set-up sweepers that require only one turn, like SD rhyperior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)