Project The Next Best Thing (New thread is newer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorex

penguin council
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LCPL Champion

Cresselia (F) @ Colbur Berry / Kee Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave / Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Psyshock / Moonblast

Basically how this set works if you are using Colbur Berry is that if there is a win condition in the back that appreciates stuff like Hitmonlee that carry Knock Off weakened or rather crippled so that it can sweep, you take Knock Off with Colbur and Thunder Wave it to slow it down. If you want to win with this, Calm Mind or Moonlight or even Thunder Wave on the Knock Off and turn the Fighting type that carries Knock Off into set-up fodder and proceed to win

How this set works with Kee Berry is that you take the Knock Off if you are relatively healthy, get the defense boost, recover up with Moonlight and proceed to set up a Substitute followed by a Calm Mind and you practically have a sub that is really difficult for opposing pokemon to break which allows you to just come through and sweep.

The spread ensures that it outspeeds Adamant Emboar, max defense and rest in HP to take on physical attackers like this set is supposed to

Just to note for move preferences, run Thunder Wave if you are running the Colbur Berry set, and run Substitute if you are running the Kee Berry set. And also, run Psyshock if you are weaker to stuff like Emboar, Moonblast if you are weaker to stuff like Tyrantrum

Colbur Berry Calcs
252+ Atk Life Orb Hitmonlee Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 160 HP / 252+ Def Colbur Berry Cresselia: 91-108 (21.6 - 25.6%) -- 0.9% chance to 4HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Hitmonlee Knock Off vs. 160 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 122-146 (28.9 - 34.6%) -- 5% chance to 3HKO

Kee Berry Calcs
252+ Atk Life Orb Hitmonlee Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 160 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 182-216 (43.2 - 51.3%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Hitmonlee Knock Off vs. +1 160 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 83-99 (19.7 - 23.5%) -- possible 5HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Emboar Flare Blitz vs. +1 160 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 159-187 (37.7 - 44.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Emboar Flare Blitz vs. 160 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 237-279 (56.2 - 66.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. +1 160 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 162-192 (38.4 - 45.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrantrum Head Smash vs. 160 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 244-288 (57.9 - 68.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

EDIT: Calcs do not really differ as much, so like yeah...

Last edited:

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Sun Support Cress

Cresselia @ Heat Rock / Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Sunny Day
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
- Moonlight

Cresselia was popular on Sun teams last gen thanks to its fantastic bulk and Moonlight which allows it to act like a sleepless Rest in the Sun, but since the weather abilities were nerfed in XY, it fell off pretty badly. But I've decided to try this out, and it's pretty decent. Rain isn't as common as you'd think, so it was rare I wouldn't be able to get up my Sun and generally be annoying with the healing and such. SpA evs are for 2HKOing Doublade and Escavalier in the sun with HP Fire, 248 for taking less damage from SR, and rest is dumped into Def. I guess you can run 168 HP, 236 Def, and 104+ SpA if you seriously need to beat Escavalier 1v1 and live one Megahorn after rocks, but that takes away from overall bulk and Escav is pretty uncommon right now tmi.
i really like this set but can i suggest you running lunar dance over psyshock or hp fire as it's a broken move and it allows you to get free switches into your sweepers :]

Reactions: g
THE LEGENDARY RT PSYCHO SHIFT CRESSELIA

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm Nature
- Psycho Shift
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Moonblast

Psycho Shift + Sleep Talk is a quite evil combination that gives you a 33% chance to put the Pokemon in front of you to Sleep every time you click Sleep Talk while also waking up immediately which can be called a gimmick but is pretty funny imo.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Froggyboy

increasing Moonlight's recovery to 66% (on something as bulky as *Cresselia*, of all things) while simultaneously boosting the power of a move that lets you trouble at least some of your usual checks is pretty appealing to me. Either Psyshock or Lunar Dance works in the last slot i guess.

I think galbia's set is pretty cool as well, if not a bit gimmicky

Last edited:

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash/Modest Nature
- Flame Charge/Rock Polish
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power/Rock Slide

I've always found the idea of a fast Mega-Camerupt somewhat interesting. Mega-Camerupt has an excellent attack and special attack stat, which gives it some option offensively. If only it hadn't been that slow. Well now we can fix that! With the use of either Flame Charge or Rock Polish, we just might be able to give Mega-Camerupt the speed that it has been wanting for so long. Choose Flame Charge if you want to still dish out a tiny bit of damage, or to break somebodies FS on the swich in. Rock Polish is the other option, if you want to get to a higher speed stat quickly.

I chose for the 252 in both Speed and Sp.Atk, since it can use all the speed it can get, and because both his STAB moves are special moves. If you want to go for a Rash or Modest, and with Ancient Power or Rockslide is entirely up to you, it all comes down to personal preference. You can also choose to run Timid or Naive/Hasty if you are looking for some more speed.

I hope some of you might find this set interesting :]

- Maurits

EDIT: FC doesn't work sadly :( So you have to choose RP then

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)