The Next Best Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Okay, I have a quick question for those voting for Anty, what does rest talk allow Slowking to set up on that HnC/Nails's set can't besides toxic? Which, since you really want to pack heal bell support for Anty's king anyway, you might as well use the slack off version. Anty's set, while not a bad set at all, loses all the benefits of regenerator, and all of Slowking's mid game utility since it is a late game only mon. Slowking also lacks the 100/115 physical defense of Suicune, Suicune's better physically defensive typing, and pressure which are all reasons why Suicune is a great rest talker. Again, Anty's set isn't bad or unviable, but given how unreliable rest talk is, why would you use it when slack off is available.

For these reasons I vote HnC/Nails which should really just count as one set for this imo (I like nails set better but HnC was first).

Last edited:

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You guys mean HnC right? Given that it's his set...
Well, I think Nails already explained well enough the reasons to use Signal Beam on the last moveslot and imo it counts as worthy enough for its own set. Furthermore, I think Nails did explain that Signal Beam beats Slowking, which is one of its usual counters, which the other set could not do (even if it did beat other things like Esca). It would now be up to the voting stage to decide which set is more effective at beating its counters (and deciding which counter is more worth beating) and more innovative.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Well, I think Nails already explained well enough the reasons to use Signal Beam on the last moveslot and imo it counts as worthy enough for its own set. Furthermore, I think Nails did explain that Signal Beam beats Slowking, which is one of its usual counters, which the other set could not do (even if it did beat other things like Esca). It would now be up to the voting stage to decide which set is more effective at beating its counters (and deciding which counter is more worth beating) and more innovative.
He slashed in the same moves as HnC though, so it is the same set with another possible move.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
He slashed in the same moves as HnC though, so it is the same set with another possible move.
Nails' set has Signal Beam, which would be the reason why voters would choose it over HnC's anyway. I'm quite sure whoever that voted for Nails chose it because he slashed Signal Beam and runs more Speed, rather than choosing Nails' set because he slashed Fire Blast and Psyshock. HnC posted that too, but Nails' set does have its differences from HnC, and if for example I liked Signal Beam better, I would pick Nails over HnC, and vice-versa if I didn't like Signal Beam. In the end, the criterion on which set gets chosen boils down to whether Signal Beam is cool or Signal Beam is not cool.

Gonna abstain from voting this round. I like mine the most but maybe I'm being biased. I'm not a huge fan of CM King, it's too slow to sweep, and is still weak to the same physical threats like Crawdaunt and Absol.

Lol I also tried Celevers Para King, but king is so slow scarfed pokes parad still outspeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)