scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
If only I had slashed Salac Berry... I was considering it at the time ;_;

My vote is for TropiOUs though

Edit as an answer to the below post: What are you saying? It can easily set up in Durant's face, and potentially Baton Pass a +1 / +2 for free, and a Substitute if you BP into a Water resistance.

Last edited:

Durant @ Leftovers / Lum Berry
Hustle | Jolly
252 Atk | 4 Def | 252 Spe
- Hone Claws
- Iron Head / X-Scissor
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Durant has shaky coverage, and it will usually be checked or countered by many Pokemon depending on which coverage move you choose. If you choose to run Rock Slide, you are left walled by Steel-types, and if you choose Superpower, you will be checked easily by Flying- and Fire-types. No matter what you run, Qwilfish is probably the best option to deal with Durant. Resisting all of its moves (bar Thunder Fang i guess), and carrying Thunder Wave to subtract the threatening level of it, Qwilfish seems impossible to break through. That is, until one tries this set. Substitute will dodge obvious Thunder Waves / Will-O-Wisps, and Baton Passing a Substitute is very nice support. Baton Pass is the crux of the set, as it helps it indirectly cope with its counters by passing the (potential) boost into something more fit to take out said counters. Leftovers = more subs | Lum Berry = fucks more with Qwilfish.
Uhh....It will baton pass the intimidate stat reduction too. That means you can only BP to special attackers

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
TROP. Love Scarf Durant, but would've liked to see Baton Pass over Iron Head.

Laga, I think he believed you were implying to straight BP Subs as you never explicitly said you can setup HC on Qwilfish (though it can be implied) and if Qwilfish switches in, Intimidate would take effect before you get the Sub up.

If only I had slashed Salac Berry... I was considering it at the time ;_;

My vote is for TropiOUs though

Edit as an answer to the below post: What are you saying? It can easily set up in Durant's face, and potentially Baton Pass a +1 / +2 for free, and a Substitute if you BP into a Water resistance.
TROP. Love Scarf Durant, but would've liked to see Baton Pass over Iron Head.

Laga, I think he believed you were implying to straight BP Subs as you never explicitly said you can setup HC on Qwilfish (though it can be implied) and if Qwilfish switches in, Intimidate would take effect before you get the Sub up.
Exactly what EonX- said. I failed to notice the HC :(
As for my vote, I guess Laga since i hate BP but it's still effective

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Laga: 2
Punchshroom: 0
atomicllamas: 3
C Allstar: 0
TropiOUs: 9
Hot N Cold: 4

So the winner is TropiOUs' Scarf Durant set!
Next up we have...

Moltres

So what can you guys come up with to beat Moltres' usual counters? What interesting hidden gems are there in Moltres?​

Moltres@ Wide Lens
Trait: Pressure
EV's 252SpAtk/ 252Spe/ 4HP
Modest
-Fire Blast
-Hurricane
-HP Grass
-Agility

Immediately disregarding the fourth move listed above, typical Moltres is an amazing wallbreaker. Switching this into anything slower than and STAB wise weak to it will result in either a KO or a strong chip off of whatever comes in to replace it. Examples come in the form of Escavalier, Ferroseed, Tangrowth, Hariyama (At a push, considering Hurricane's inaccuracy) and many more. Hidden Power Grass allows Moltres to come in to tackle Rhydon, Quagsire, and at and most variants of Kabutops (Sans Choice Band). Or course, wallbreaker Moltres is common enough, and therefore useful enough for it to be viable on its own.

However, if the opportunity arises; if the opponent's priority user(s) is/are down, and rocks are off the field, Moltres can take true advantage of its gifts. Agility puts the fire chicken from hell in a speed bracket above the majority of the tier's choice scarfers and just plain faster than anything else. It's regular checks of Archeops, Aerodactly, HP rock Accelgor and just about every revenge killer in the tier quiver in fear of its new found speed.

Of course, straight up, Slowking and SpeDef Druddigon will wall it back to the depths from whenst it came, but with sufficient team support, the tiers two favourite glues can be elimimated beforehand; or help on their way with a Hurricane.

Last edited:
EDIT-Ok.

Moltres@Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 248 SpA / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane

Standard Moltres- with Will-o-Wisp? Well, yes. Moltres can take an offensive role while still being able to deal with some physical attackers such as Regirock and Rhydon, that could survive an HP grass and OHKO back. This makes them a fuckton easier to deal with, and essentially setup bait for sweepers such as Feraligatr, Lilligant and (idk, I'm not thinking correctly) The point being, this thing can really help stuff like Swellow and Zangoose which the aforementioned Rock-type Pokemon give the middle finger to, and Moltres feigns a standard set easily.
Changed it, scorpdestroyer :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)