The Next Megaman Game In America?

I say we could use some Sf4 or Bn 7

Really they could have Lan's Son come into the storyline or anything for Starforce to make it hot. It wasn't as favored as BN, but I like the battling a lot more. It's fast pace and really the sky is the limit. Those battles were so intense if you played competitively. There were so many different ways to battle and so many forms. The lock on option was amazing and added greatly to the coolness of Megaman Starforce 3.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sorry but after
in SF vs Tekken I can't help but feel Capcom just doesn't care any more.

I didn't believe what I saw until I looked that up O_O. You just might be right that was so terrible omg. Still Starforce had the best type of cyber battling out of all the games I've seen/played.

Was there really a need to bump a nearly year old topic instead of making a new one? >.>

That being said, I do agree it's sad there's been a dearth of Mega Man games, I personally never got into SF though I loved BN. Would love to see more Zero ones too, but that story is all done, and those AX spiritual successor ones just aren't the same.

IMO, it's reboot time, as the franchise has obviously staled besides the oddball 8bit Wii ones. X is all but done really in terms of story, the original hasn't been revisited in forever, Legends has been dead for a while, etc. Pick one and give it a nice boost into the 2010s; I'd personally like to see a new Legends game as it has the nice rpg-ish elements to be successful while keeping a Mega Man feel for the most part, otherwise do a nice old fashioned platformer without the 2.5d shit.

I somehow doubt we're going to get another Legends game considering how Capcom cancelled the last one less than a year ago. :/

I'd throw any amount of money for another BN or ZX game to come out. I don't care if it isn't as good as Zero, the ZX series has its own charm. (Being able to transform into the bosses in Advent was certainly awesome.)

According to Seth Killian, "Bad Box Art Megaman" in SFxT wasn't meant to be a shot at Megaman fans as much as it is coming off as. Work on the character started when there were two Megaman games in production (so I guess this was a long time coming), but now that those games are no longer going, it was way bigger of a troll than originally intended.

Then again, Capcom has trolled Megaman fans pretty badly with just UMvC3 stuff, so it's not like I'm saying they are innocent!

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
im pretty sure capcom just dropped the ball with megaman.

im still p pissed off about ZX Advent not gettin its god damn sequel, whats with its real endin.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Both remakes they made for the PSP (Powered Up and Maverick Hunter X) were fantastic and people still didn't buy them.

Money dictates; I can't blame them for not making games anymore. I sort of also don't really count the Battle Network series as Mega Man games.

Both remakes they made for the PSP (Powered Up and Maverick Hunter X) were fantastic and people still didn't buy them.

Money dictates; I can't blame them for not making games anymore. I sort of also don't really count the Battle Network series as Mega Man games.
never played powered up but maverick hunter x was indeed fantastic

it's sad, inafune had plans to do x through x6 in that style to better flesh out the story. would have been so good ahhhhhH

Powered Up was absolutely amazing, despite the chibi graphics and being based on the weakest installment of the original series. If they would've made a Mega Man 2: Powered Up, I can only imagine it would've been a crowning achievement for the PSP.

Sorry but after
in SF vs Tekken I can't help but feel Capcom just doesn't care any more.
Yeah, at first, I though that this was just another way of Capcom trolling Megaman fans (like leaving him out of MvC3). Apparently, this was planned while Inafune was still at Capcom, and he wanted them to put it in there as a treat for old-school fans. Now, considering everything that's happened since Inafune left, it looks like a big "fuck you fans, you can have megaman in this game, BUT NOT THE REAL ONE, AHA!"

On a somewhat related note, I'd love to see a Megaman 11, maybe 2.5-D like Powered Up, except not as cutesy and with better music (or even the option to turn 8-bit music on!). It would be cool to see a villian other than Wily, considering 10's ending.

Powered Up was absolutely amazing, despite the chibi graphics and being based on the weakest installment of the original series. If they would've made a Mega Man 2: Powered Up, I can only imagine it would've been a crowning achievement for the PSP.
Not to mention that MMPU was the only video game in which Roll had any sort of meaningful character development.

I think the main problem with those games was that it was made for a platform that didn't sell very well. Still, with Inafune leaving the company and other assorted brain drain, it's falling back on its cash-cow fighting games and Resident Evil, though they do have a couple of new games in the pipes. As for Inafune himself, he's making something loosely based on ROTK called "Kaio: King of Pirates", so it'll be interesting to see where that goes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)