Other The OU Theorymon Project (CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm...Aerilate on Tor-T huh? While fun, but its against such good competition it wouldn't drastically change it much besides giving it a stronger stab (Nature apower Tri-Attack) but the vote goes to.....

Cresselia to Psychic/Fairy!

Last edited:

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hmm...Aerilate on Tor-T huh? While fun, but its against such good competition it wouldn't drastically change it much besides giving it a stronger stab (Nature apower Tri-Attack) but the vote goes to.....

Cresselia to Psychic/Fairy!
Aerilate is for Tornadus-I not Tornadus-T.

Hyper Beam:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Aerilate Tornadus Hyper Beam vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Blissey: 325-384 (49.8 - 58.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Still voting for maggy, as Nature Power is the only worthwhile move to abuse.

I wanted a fairy/grass celebi as the flavor seems perfect, but oh well...
Can't we do both? D;
If i had to pick one though it would be the barely used

Fairy/Psychic Cresselia

Last edited:
Hyper Beam:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Aerilate Tornadus Hyper Beam vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Blissey: 325-384 (49.8 - 58.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Still voting for maggy, as Nature Power is the only worthwhile move to abuse.
There is still return. It still has a good 115 base Atk to spam a BP 199.5 Return and 159.6 BP Natural Power. It also has good coverage with Superpower + Knock Off. But since I was the one who originally proposed it, I might as well vote something else.

Particularly don't see the point of Fairy/Psychic Cress, because its main problem about having bad recovery and vulnerability to status means it is still only gonna be a sponge and not a wall.

Malamar's problem is less of a lack of priority but more in regards to that it boosts too slowly to become a threat even with Sucker Punch.

On the other hand, Mismagius has an exceptionally fabulous typing that grants it 4 extremely common immunities (most so far), and being the fastest Fairy, and that makes it rather interesting, so voting for Mismagius.

Last edited:
There is still return. It still has a good 115 base Atk.
Since I have quite considered the possibilities for it while submitting the proposal itself, I am going to vote for something else.
I don't see how the changes for cresselia and malamar will make them that much more viable, but ghost fairy mismagius has a fabulous 4 useful immunities and that seems useful in this meta, so voting for mismagius
True - but Mega Pinsir does that better most of the time.

Also, don't ever use Return, use Frustration ;)

I'm for Ghost / Fairy Mismagius. A cool type combination that lets an otherwise completely outclassed pokemon have a chance to shine over gengar.

I think the only thing aerilate Tornadus would really get is the ability to use 90 BP Uproar (hits harder than nature power try-attack) on its choice specs set as another option to hurricane.

Last edited:
Also, for anyone wondering this is the Mismagius changing:
- New Immunity to Dragon
- New Neutrality to Dark + Poison
- New Weakness to Steel
To sum up Weaknesses/Resistances/Immunities:
Weaknesses:

• Ghost
  • Steel
Resistances:
  • Bug x4
Immunities:
  • Dragon
  • Ground
  • Normal
  • Fighting
Neutealities:
  • Poison
  • Dark
  • Water
  • Electric
  • Fire
  • Grass
  • Flying
  • Fairy
  • Ice
  • Rock
  • Psychic
On top of all this, its STAB moves have unresisted coverage (bar Pyroar, but that thing is shit so.)

Last edited:

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Sorry that i didn't state this before, but bold your votes otherwise they won't count.

Ghost / Fairy Mismagius Psychic / Fairy Cresselia

Last edited:
Ghost / Fairy Mismagius
Because I can't do stall, lol Malamar, and Tornadus-T is already good without Aerilate (Now Tornadus-I would have been interesting).

EDIT because I'm an idiot: I actually want Aerilate Tornadus
Thanks for pointing that out TRC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)