Other The OU Theorymon Project (CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although all of these sound really cool and I'd love all of them, but Electric/Poison Eelektross sounds pretty awesome with those nice resistances and STAB on a couple of poison moves that it already uses.

Rotosect

Banned deucer.
I suggested an actually viable Refrigerate user in Weavile but for some odd reason it's not on the list.
I guess Ill be voting for Refrigerate Avalugg instead.

I suggested an actually viable Refrigerate user in Weavile but for some odd reason it's not on the list.
I think aesthetic appeal factors in too. I've seen nominations for Technician and Tough Claws Weavile and I think those make more sense personally. I submitted Refrigerate Glaceon which I thought made sense considering Sylveon and just think of an Ice type Hyper Voice. But if anything should get Refrigerate it's Rotom-F lol. Personally when I was looking at improving Avalugg I was thinking along the lines of something like Ice/Water type aesthetically but it didn't really patch any problems.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Voting is closed. Here are the results:

Refrigerate Avalugg: 16
Electric / Poison Eelektross: 30
Magic Bounce Delphox: 4
Recover Poliwrath: 4

So, our current theorymon is:

+ Poison typing

yay

Well firstly, Electric + Poison typing means its immune to both thunder wave and toxic. That, paired with ground immunity means it is a complete full-stop to a number of stall pokemon, for instance gliscor, chansey/blissey, hippowdon without stone edge, and skarmory. The typing also grants it a huge boon against a number of pokemon that commonly are put on stall, such as thundurus, ferrothorn, sylveon, and clefable. He can even beat the kingpin of stall, mega venusaur, when using an acid spray set.

I think that a very strong way to play this pokemon will be a physically defensive set, to capitalize on its resistance to being worn down, not to mention its fantastic typing for it. 252hp /252+def eelektross can handle quite a lot- being able to beat any of the physical bugs in ou (importantly scizor and mega pinsir) due to resisting their whole movesets, most of the birds (can beat both cb talonflame and cb staraptor provided they are jolly- otherwise has to avoid switching into flare blitz/double edge), and is a decent check to mega mawile. With a negative speed nature he can underspeed aegislash every time and potentially ohko with flamethrower depending on the build.

While a defensive set might see kinda weird, compare eelektross to rotom-wash. Both sit at 1 weakness, 1 immunity, while rotom-w has 5 resistances to eelektross' 8. Their bulk is very comparable when fully invested (eelektross is infinitesimally more bulky), but rotom-w is easier to wear down with vulnerability to toxic, although it has access to pain split. Eelektross has access to drain punch and giga drain for recovery, while also wont be worn down by toxic. He also trades speed for boosting power, either with coil or acid spray, and has a lot of unpredictability (could be offensive, defensive, assault vest, 4 attacks, pivot, booster, wallbreaker, etc) and has access to knock off.

I know this pokemon is versatile so Ill be interested to see what others come up with. One interesting combos is to lower special defense with acid spray, then use volt switch to either chunk the wall or gain momentum on the switch-in.

Last edited:
So the first thing I thought of when looking at Eelektross is this:

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Acid Spray
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain

I'm sure the EVs can be further optimised; like the poster above suggested, Eel could be EV'd more physically defensively to handle Mega Pinsir or other physical threats. This set should be played as a bulky pivot. Spam Acid Spray to force switches, Volt Switch to keep momentum, Flamethrower to murder steels attempting to sponge the incoming Acid Spray, and Giga Drain as semi-reliable recovery. Haven't run a lot of calcs yet, but it does very well against Aegislash:
252+ SpA Life Orb Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Eelektross: 168-199 (44.9 - 53.2%) -- 25% chance to 2HKO

Eelektross then hits it with Flamethrower, which will catch Aegislash since Eel is slower.
252+ SpA Eelektross Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Blade: 320-378 (98.7 - 116.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I can definitely see a stall breaker kind of set for Eelektross. Anyways, Toxic and Paralysis immunities are always a good thing, something only a few Pokemon can boast. His offenses are decent enough and with Coil and Drain Punch, he can potentially stall out and eventually greatly damage major threats such as Hippowdon, Skarmory, Mandibuzz, Chansey/Blissey, and Gliscor, as well as being capable of nailing them all of them super effectively.

Eelektross has good typing offensively and defensively, so it can fulfill nearly any role with its balanced stats and diverse movepool. I think that a parashuffler set would be good for it. Something like:

Eelektross Leftovers
[natures and EVS go here. Something bulky with 252 HP]
- Thunder Wave
- Dragon Tail
- Thunder Punch
- Acid Spray / Other Coverage

Eelektross has good typing offensively and defensively, so it can fulfill nearly any role with its balanced stats and diverse movepool. I think that a parashuffler set would be good for it. Something like:

Eelektross Leftovers
- Thunder Wave
- Dragon Tail
- Thunder Punch
I'm not sure why one would need additional coverage; you could say that coil fits very well over Acid Spray, as Eel's typing and stats alone would deter insurgent fairies.

With the use of coil, I'd suggest something like 252 hp / 64 atk / 192 SpDef with a careful nature, Sassy if one mixes with T-bolt > ThunderPunch.

Eelektross @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Acid Spray
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain

It's easy to understand ... Acid Spray being stabbed. With some hazard supports (Stealth Rock + Sticky Web) can be deadly ! Acid Spray generates some switches and bamhazards and with Sticky Web + some speed, he can start outspeeding some things. Flamethrower rounds the coverage on Steel types and Giga Drain helps against Ground / Rock pokemon and some Water (Thunderbolt is still a good STAB on Water) and can help to recover somme HP

Eelektross Leftovers
- Thunder Wave
- Dragon Tail
- Thunder Punch
If using this set it'd probably be better to go something along the lines of:

eelektross @ black sludge
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Def/ 252 SpA
Relaxed Nature (+def, - speed)
-Thunder Wave
-Dragon Tail
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower/Giga Drain

Because eelektross has the typing to tank physical threats, and usually wants to hit them on their lower special defense. Flamethrower will hit things like mega mawile, scizor, excadrill switch-ins, and other steels, while giga drain is a way to regain some hp on any ground types trying to absorb paralysis. I think acid spray sorta goes against the aim of the set, because you are trying to cause switches.

We have done a many defensive retypings, and I'm sooo happy its not another fairy. :D

Poison is generally one of the best defensive typings (often being a great benefit to anything that gets it usually) and while it doesn't have immunities like steel and fairy, it makes it up with its plethora of resistances and two weaknesses.

Eelektross fits the mold of todays meta in a few ways. As a second viable Coil user (after Zygarde), he is able to do several interesting sets. One I would like to recommend is a Sub Coil set.

While his Sp Def and Hp are not as stellar as say Zygarde's, but it helps cushion some of the damage he may get as he is increasing his much more stellar defensive capabilities. Normally I would say dual STABs, but he would be hard walled by all Ground types.

The ideal moveset would involve Drain Punch, which, while not STABed, gives healing behind the Sub, and matched up with his Electric STAB or Poison STAB (one walled by Aegi, the other by Golurk...). I myself would say Electric as Aegi is much more common while with much better coverage.

Post ideal EVs and stuff when have more time.

Last edited:
I think it's pretty excellent that the only status that Eelektross now fears is a burn; this would make him wil-o-wisp bait, and thus a nifty partner for Heatran, who benefits in turn from Eelektross' ground immunity.

Assault Vest, which is in my mind , the eel's most favorable option in UU, is augmented greatly by the new resistances.

It wasn't added because it is just a mindless offensive boost that makes it too powerful, that's not what this thread is for.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Dunno what the optimal EVs are, so I made this set

Eelektross @ Black Sludge / Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Atk / 116 SAtk
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Drain Punch
- Thunderbolt / Volt Switch
- U-turn / Knock Off / Giga Drain
- Flamethrower / Giga Drain

The EVs and Nature give Eelekross equal power on both fronts. Drain Punch is the main move here, and probably the main reason to use a mixed set like this. TBolt is there for STAB, although Volt Switch can be used if U-Turn is not chosen. U-Turn is Eelektross's best momentum move imo, since its not blocked by anything unlike Volt Switch. However, it can also use Knock Off and even Giga Drain on this slot. Finally Flamethrower is there for good coverage and hits Steel-types that Eelekross walls SE, such as Scizor. Quite and 0 Spd is to outslow any Aegislash and to get a slow U-Turn / Volt Switch. Outslowing Aeglislash is cool because Eel can take a hit and retaliate with a chance to OHKO (Flamethrower) or just 2HKO (Thunderbolt). Black Sludge gives you recovery, but Assault Vest helps you take on Mixed Aegislash and other powerful special attackers.

I'm not really a fan of physical sets for eelektross because with a special set, he lessens the effects of burns on himself and also thunderbolt/flamethrower seems way more effective than thunderpunch. That being said, hes got some awesome things in his physical movepool which can warrant it..

Eelektross @ Sitrus Berry
252 Hp / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Nature: Adamant

-aqua tail
-coil
-drain punch
-acrobatics

So this set is cool because acrobatics allows eelektross to 2hko mega venusaur, while mega venusaur can muster a 5hko back (factoring in the heal from sitrus). Eelektross can afford to miss out of lefties with sitrus berry due to the benefits of drain punch, which allows it to heal back up combined with aforementioned immunity to hazards/status, and it can also smash ground types with aqua tail.

252+ Atk Eelektross Aqua Tail vs. 252 HP / 184+ Def Gliscor: 128-152 (36.1 - 42.9%)

This can be further boosted by coil, which also fixes the 90 accuracy on aqua tail. While this set has no STAB, there are several defensive pokemon that eelektross can start coiling against, lessening the need for that burst of immediate power. If you wish you can replace aqua tail with thunderpunch or thunderbolt, but this leaves eelektross struggling a little against the ground types it was supposed to beat. Thunderbolt allows it to 2hko skarmory and non-AV slowbro, while thunderpunch gives a physical STAB, but a lot of pokemon that this set struggles against are unlikely to want to switch into eelektross in the first place- hopefully giving you time to grab a boost to then become able to deal with them.

Acrobatics from this set also allows you to easily 2hko AV conkeldurr, something your fellow levitator rotom-w cant do.

Also, rock slide ohkos mega pinsir with the above investment. Thats another option eelektross can use.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)