Other The OU Theorymon Project (CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dry Skin Escavalier
Holy shit, I love this one. It gives it an option to use an ability that isn't almost a complete waste, and Escavalier is already pretty decent with Assault Vest. None of the others are bad, in fact this is my favorite slate in a while, but Poison Heal and Electric/Poison have been done recently, and I just like Esca slightly more than Froslass.

I thought that these changes are supposed to make logical sense, such as Grass/Fairy Celebi or Water/Dragon Gyarados and Mega Gyarados, not just unnecessary buffs to make them somewhat logical

I also vote for Electric/Poison Weezing.

I find poison heal a really boring ordeal, so I'll vote for dry skin escavalier. This pokemon is really cool and I like that its gone the parasect route with its ability- I'd also be interested to see what teammates it requires considering how overused charizard-Y is.

Also whats the flavour behind poison electric weezing? it doesnt really seem to make much sense to me. I was gunna suggest it when looking for something to take advantage of poison/electric typing before- and no doubt would it be very successful at it- but it also doesnt seem to fit whatsoever. I always thought poison/fire would be a more fitting double-typing for weezing, although that would probably not be enough to grant him viability due to gaining SR weakness.

Last edited:
I thought that these changes are supposed to make logical sense, such as Grass/Fairy Celebi or Water/Dragon Gyarados and Mega Gyarados, not just unnecessary buffs to make them somewhat logical

I also vote for Electric/Poison Weezing.
Making something competitively viable is the primary focus, and as long as it makes at least a little sense flavor-wise it'll possibly get slated. Granted, there's no still bullshit like Shell Smash Haxorus or anything like that which both doesn't make sense and pretty much makes it broken.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Also whats the flavour behind poison electric weezing? it doesnt really seem to make much sense to me
I have already mentioned that i don't really care about flavor, as long as there is not any contradiction (eg. Levitate on a Pokemon that is obviously meant to be on the ground). Having flavor is good, but not a must at all, competitive merit is the most important aspect of a theorymon. After all, there are plenty of GF's elements that make zero sense flavor-wise.

Well, Poison Heal Goodra really needs the love, but we already have a poison heal theorymon this slate, so I'll pass. (He's also in B-, by the way)

In the same vein, I'm not voting for Weezing.

Escavalier needs something to distinguish it from Scizor, so I'll vote for it. I myself suggested Regenerator to Alexwolf, but Chou Toshio's Idea is even better.

Dry Skin Escavalier

Froslass sounds cool, though. If he wins I really won't mind at all.

Oh man, it's another one you can't go wrong on. Poison heal's amazing, we need a better Alakazam anyway, Escavalier would love his, and Weezing's already amazing.

I don't know why, but I just want Magic Guard Frosslass. Goodra's too soon after Snorlax, and Weezing's too soon after Eelektross (just my opinion, but I'd rather see diverse options), and while I would definitely appreciate the Escavalier thing, I can already picture the amazing time I'd have being able to use ice beam, shadow ball, and destiny bond to my heart's content without people being able to do much to stop me without directly hitting me. and with it's speed, that won't be that easy. It'll be an amazing revenge killer (with decent SpA investment) and cleaner.

But, since everyone seems to be going for Escavalier, I guess we won't see it. Oh well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)