The Power of offense in UU

When I started making this team I had one goal in mind, and that was to use Speed Boost Sharpedo. It being my favorite Pokemon I wanted to have a good team to surround it and I needed strengths for the Sharpedo's weaknesses. Also I wanted to take advantage of the team preview and be able to have multiple leads so I can be prepared for any situation, and it's faired me pretty well so far. This team is undefeated on WiFi and it is not too shabby on PO. So without further adieu I will tell you the ins and outs of my team.

Roserade (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Poison Point
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed
- Aromatherapy
Roserade to me was a no brainer it resists all of Sharpedo's weakness besides bug and it can be a useful Sp. Def. wall. I gave it an unconventional EV spread because I wanted Roserade to be able to get a move off before it got hit. In case it was about to die it could Aromatherapy/Leech Seed before it went giving me a good switch into a counter making them have to switch or just getting the status off. I chose Poison Point because I don't have Toxic Spikes on this set and I wanted to be able to poison as much of the team as I could without having to set of the toxic spikes. Also this could get the flying/levitating pokemon posioned. This is the same reason I chose Sludge Bomb over a grass move. The EV spread limits the power so a grass move wouldn't be as potent and there would be no chance of secondary effect. Overall I like this set but I'm contemplating switching up the Spikes with Toxic Spikes and then switching the ability.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 76 Def / 252 SAtk / 180 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Light Screen
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave
- Roost

You're probably looking at this set and the first word that comes to your mind is... "WHAT?" But when this thing is in action it feels absolutely unstoppable. The Volt Switch STAB comes in handy because it allows me to get the heck out of dodge in case I know I can't take the hit and switch into the appropriate pokemon to take the move. Then the Heat Wave is just good coverage there. Zapdos still has nice speed even with the 76 EVs in Def. and he can take hits better. Then when you set up that Light Screen you're not just helping Zapdos take hits better you're also helping the whole team deal with special moves. Zapdos has enough natural bulk in Sp. Def. that he makes special sweepers look like idiots. He can roost to evade special effective ice moves then hit them and get out.

Emboar (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Reckless
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Hammer Arm
- Flare Blitz
- Head Smash
- Wild Charge
This set here is pretty much self-explanitory it can easily 2hko any Def. wall in the metagame. It's type coverage is fantastic and his max HP gives it enough bulk to take essential hits. The only problem about this set is it's survivability and Emboar's speed. But it's raw power definitely makes up for it's weaknesses. The reason he is on this team is because I needed a good way to check both Ferrothorn and Skarmory which my Sharpedo set has a hard time dealing with. Overall this is a core to my team and is very essential.

Hitmontop (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spd
- Mach Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Stone Edge
- Fake Out

The ultimate revenge killer. If anything is in the red Hitmontop will take it out. Fake Out and Mach Punch tear through opponents and Stone Edge finishes off the type coverage very nicely. Sucker Punch will take out the fast ghosts who resist the Normal/Fighting. Also this set can take down some big Steel type threats that sharpedo faces. With the ability to outspeed and destroy. There isn't much else to this set execpt for the speed and revenge killing potential that this team appreciates, because it can't always finish the job and it needs something to sweep up.

Sharpedo (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Protect

Now in my head this set seems pretty much perfect. The type coverage is almost perfect(resisted by: Ferrothorn, Empoleon, and Poliwrath... my team can take Poliwrath =P) and it just hits hard. There is no use in putting any defensive investment into a Sharpedo... at all. So max Speed/Att. is obvious. Also I have speed boost and aqua jet so I can come in and revenge kill with aqua jet and then get my speed boost. Also people want to send in priority moved pokemon in on my Sharpedo as to finish it off because it's frail. But that is where focus sash comes in. If they bring in a let's say... Conkeldurr, then I will be able to take a mach punch and hit them with a waterfall then hit them again with aqua jet and stay alive and be able to hit the next pokemon with an aqua jet or revenge kill something else(assuming stealth rocks aren't up). Also this set takes on Reuniclus well as well as Latios because of the STAB crunch and the ability to outspeed. So overall this thing is pretty much BAWSE and it is allowed to do what it wants. Sidenote: If Zapdos can set up a Light Screen and Sharpedo is in, then he can take some weak Sp. Att. moves which is just Lawlzy.

Crobat (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Heat Wave
- Sludge Bomb
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Sharpedophile you is crazy... specs on a Crobat? Yes. Consider this scenario... Azelf comes out and sees a Crobat. What will Crobat do to an Azelf in the lead spot... taunt of course. So what do they do? They go for their psychic move. But little do they know they are about to get OHKOed by a Crobat with Specs Dark Pulse... SUPRISE! Also I've been able to catch many a Skarmory off-guard with Heatwave, this also works for Ferrothorn and other Steel types. Now the gimmicky part about this set is the HP ground... OHKO's Heatran... that's all you need to know. This Crobat is so fast and it's moves become so powerful with the specs that it is a force to be reckoned with.

And this is how my team deals with weather. Because it's everpresent.
SS: Hitmontop and Sharpedo just own the sand teams. Hitmontop has the Mach Punch which deals with T-Tar/Excadrill and Sharpedo takes on the rest. Ladorus is the biggest threat to this team but it can be handled through Fake Out abusing and hitting it with an Aqua Jet from Sharpedo. Hitmontop can usually take one hit from Landorus and then in that same turn Stone Edge it, then on the next turn it can Sucker Punch to finish it off which pays off big time.

Rain: Zapdos and Roserade are able to check/wall the water types pretty well even though they usually carry ice moves. Ferrothorn becomes a little bit more of a problem in the rain, but can be handled by Hitmontop and Emboar if I can get a chance to hit it. Zapdos can usually get the Light Screen set up and/or Volt Switch for some heavy damage.

So this team is very very offensive as you can see, but it will wall what it needs to. So what do you guys think about it, I am willing to change almost everything on this team if need be. So please rate my team(sounds lame :D)

There's so much I could say about this team, but I'll start off by saying that DW Emboar hasn't been released yet. Also, lol Focus Sash.

Roserade (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Poison Point
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed
- Aromatherapy
Roserade to me was a no brainer it resists all of Sharpedo's weakness besides bug and it can be a useful Sp. Def. wall. I gave it an unconventional EV spread because I wanted Roserade to be able to get a move off before it got hit. In case it was about to die it could Aromatherapy/Leech Seed before it went giving me a good switch into a counter making them have to switch or just getting the status off. I chose Poison Point because I don't have Toxic Spikes on this set and I wanted to be able to poison as much of the team as I could without having to set of the toxic spikes. Also this could get the flying/levitating pokemon posioned. This is the same reason I chose Sludge Bomb over a grass move. The EV spread limits the power so a grass move wouldn't be as potent and there would be no chance of secondary effect. Overall I like this set but I'm contemplating switching up the Spikes with Toxic Spikes and then switching the ability.
You should remove Poison Point on Roserade, it's a special wall and therefore won't survive any physical with no investment in Def whatsoever. Even though, Roserades Def base stat isn't anything to be proud of. I suggest that you change the ability to either Natural Cure or Technician. Change Sludge Bomb to a grass attack, it's only supereffektive against grass types, and your Zapdos, Crobat and Emboar will be able to take care of them. If you choose to run Technician, then Magical Leaf will be crucial. With both stab and Technician boost the base power will be at 120, it'll never miss and it's a greater counter to rain teams.

Your Hitmontop should have Rapid Spin, as three of your Pokémon are weak to Stealth Rock. I really liked your Crobat, it's one of a kind. But being locked into a poison move is something you don't want to as Heat Wave will take care the grass types. Slash Sludge Bomb with Air Slash for better coverage. Overall this teams seems great!

You should remove Poison Point on Roserade, it's a special wall and therefore won't survive any physical with no investment in Def whatsoever. Even though, Roserades Def base stat isn't anything to be proud of. I suggest that you change the ability to either Natural Cure or Technician. Change Sludge Bomb to a grass attack, it's only supereffektive against grass types, and your Zapdos, Crobat and Emboar will be able to take care of them. If you choose to run Technician, then Magical Leaf will be crucial. With both stab and Technician boost the base power will be at 120, it'll never miss and it's a greater counter to rain teams.

Your Hitmontop should have Rapid Spin, as three of your Pokémon are weak to Stealth Rock. I really liked your Crobat, it's one of a kind. But being locked into a poison move is something you don't want to as Heat Wave will take care the grass types. Slash Sludge Bomb with Air Slash for better coverage. Overall this teams seems great!
I'm glad someone else said exactly what I was thinking about Roserade, I was really considering the Technician/Magical Leaf combo. So I think I might switch it to that. Do you think I should switch spikes with toxic spikes or is that good where it is?

Only 2 of my Pokemon are weak to the rocks, and Zapdos has roost so I haven't really seen it as a problem. I would much rather have the raw power in Hitmontop's attacks. I like to send him in for one reason, and not having to worry about the rapid spin. Thanks for the advice I think I'll make a couple adjustments and see how it works out.

I'm glad someone else said exactly what I was thinking about Roserade, I was really considering the Technician/Magical Leaf combo. So I think I might switch it to that. Do you think I should switch spikes with toxic spikes or is that good where it is?
Toxic Spikes works better with a stall team, thus making Spikes the better option for you. It'll help you get more two hit KO with Crobat, as it base Special Attack is only average. IMO you should run someone with Rapid Spin, Choiced Pokémons like your Crobat will be switching alot and Stealth Rock damage will rank up on it. But do as you like. :p

Toxic Spikes works better with a stall team, thus making Spikes the better option for you. It'll help you get more two hit KO with Crobat, as it base Special Attack is only average. IMO you should run someone with Rapid Spin, Choiced Pokémons like your Crobat will be switching alot and Stealth Rock damage will rank up on it. But do as you like. :p
This is good advice. Choice-locked Pokemon will have to switch a lot (ex. you kill something with Heat Wave, and they send in something with Flash Fire after) and being weak to Stealth Rock, that means your Crobat (whom I will admit is pretty cool, and definitely original) only gets 4 switch-ins before it just dies to rocks. I would definitely second the suggestion of dropping either Stone Edge or Sucker Punch for Rapid Spin. A lot of time, ghosts you encounter like Gengar or Misdreavous will pack Substitute to check for Sucker Punch. However, they have weak defenses so they'll still be hit hard by Stone Edge, meaning dropping Sucker Punch opens up a slot for Rapid Spin. No harm in testing it. If you don't like it, switch back. =)

Good luck!

Your Azelf scenario with Crobat doesn't work out, since Timid Azelf always outspeeds Modest Crobat. Choice Band Crobat already OHKOs with Brave Bird, so I'm not certain why Specs is necessary.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Give Roserade Natural Cure. You get a status absorber and special tank in one. Plus, Leech Seed and Spikes damage already abuses a lot of things.

Zapdos set makes no sense to me, but if it works, then fine. Otherwise, I think T-Wave would be better than Light Screen for para support.

Not sure how good Emboar is as I've never used it nor seen it so I won't comment on that set. Looks decent enough.

Maybe Bullet Punch or Rapid Spin for Sucker Punch as most Ghosts these days have Sub to guard against that. Good revenge killing set otherwise.

Ice Beam for bulky Grass types can be useful with Sharpedo. Good otherwise.

Honestly, NP Crobat is much better than Specs. +2 SpAttack>+1 and it has ability to change attacks. Air Slash>Sludge Bomb for a STAB.

Hope this helps and good luck with the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)