The Saturdays + China Wall - A Stall Team!

hellpowna

beware of coco
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Some days ago my cousin sent me a postcard with the Great Wall of China decipted on it. So I got the idea to build this team, thinking of one of the most defensive and bulky Pokémon in the Metagame: Deoxys-D.
So, I needed 5 other Pokémon and, casually, i was listening "The Saturdays", a group of 5 Popstar coming from London that i like a lot. So I decided to build a team dedicated to them plus the Great Wall of China and so the team was born.
Hello everyone! Today I propose you a team that gave me a lot of satisfactions. A couple of years has passed since I began playing competitively, and i can say today I reached a decent level. Well, at the beginning I wanted to start from a rain offense, then I chose a rain stall instead, which is different from others.
This team, in addition to being one of my favourites, allowed me to reach important goals and to be high in the ladder. I chose to play stall (which is my favourite playstyle, since DP) because I think this type of team is the best, since it allows me to always have control of the battle and win it. When I builded this team I wanted to try something new, taking advantage of Deoxys-D's all capacities, instead of using those annoying Volt Turn + Filler.
So I tried to use something original, like Deoxys-D. In fact, the team has to set all the hazards with the purpose of weakening the opponent with indirect damage, and trying to recover PS bringing me almost always to a certain victory. The team however, manages to cover almost all the metagame, holds its own against common VoltSwich teams and against other Weather Teams. But enough talking, let's examine the team in detail!​

Vanessa White (Politoed) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 108 HP / 156 SAtk / 244 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Encore
- Ice Beam
- Perish Song

Why this Pokèmon?

-Here it is, the infamous frog. I wanted to use a Choice Scarf set because my team needed something fast placed to revengekill some treaths as Swords Dance Lucario, which doesn't OHKO Politoed even after a Swords Dance with Extremespeed. Politoed is a solid revengekill to Adamant Dragon Dance Dragonite too, which can't outran Politoed. This ward is vital for my team, mainly because it sets up rain wich benefits Tentacruel, Ferrothorn and the water-type moves of the team. Having a weather dominance is also useful against sun-based teams that rely on the weather to boost their sweeper's power. The moveset is pretty weird, but it's the best one to fit my team. Surf is actually a solid STAB, because I can't rely on Hydro Pump's poor accuracy due to Politoed being one of the few revengekillers of my team. Ice Beam is pretty obvious, hitting Dragon-types and Grass-types hard. Perish Song comes in play against problematic stat-uppers as Bulk Up Toxicroak or Sub Dragon Dance Dragonite. Encore, as well, is here to give an answer to stat-uppers but it's even useful against stall teams, locking my opponent on something as Spikes giving me the possibility to Rapid Spin without risks.
The EVs spread is not so strange, I just wanted some bulk to face priority moves and the rest were splitted between speed and special attack, letting me outrun +1 Adamant Dragonite

Francesca Santford (Tentacruel) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Protect​

Why this Pokèmon?

-
Here we are with another standard choice for a rain-based team. Tentacruel comes in play with its Bulkyness and typing to pose a treath to Fighting types, on which it can set-up its entry hazards. Tentacruel is vital for my team, because it can setup Toxic Spikes (needed for my MVP) and, at the same time, clean my field from Spikes and Stealth Rocks. The moveset is the standard one. Scald is the classic dumbass move and having a 30% burn rate is always welcome. Protect allows me to Toxic-stall, take back some HPs and scout for Choice Items users. Tentacruel can deal with some tricky Pokémon as Gengar or Infernape, which is great for a stall team. Also, it lures in Rotom and electric types for Ferrothorn, always happy to set-up on them. The EV spread is physically based to being able to sponge Fighting-type moves or hits from bulls as Terrakion or Lucario.
Also, some of them are also placed in SAtk, so Tentacruel could be able to 3HKO Standard Conkeldurr in rain.

Frankie (Ferrothorn) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Bulldoze/Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip/Gyro Ball​

Why this Pokèmon?

-Ferrothorn is the fuel of the team. It sets up the entry hazard with so much facility... I setted him to female (as the rest of the team) to don't get sweeped by Rivalry Haxorus. One of the biggest indecision is the choice between Power Whip and Gyro Ball. The first one is the most reliable of the two STABs, having a nice coverage with Bulldoze for what Ferrothorn needs to hit. The latter, is useful for Dragon-types and hits hard offensive Pokémons. Bulldoze is vital on this Pokémon, because it allows me to counter Sub Calm Mind Jirachi. The EV spread is splitted between the two defences, while maxing out the HPs.

China-Wall (Deoxys-D) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Recover
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

Why this Pokèmon?

-Directly from the Chinese wall, here we have Deoxys-D, the unwavering wall, always seen as a stupid suicidal Pokémon. While, in my team, this guy is the most valuable player and the point from where I started building. This thing is just insane guys, it can stall out the most of the mategame with no difficult. Taunt is to don't being a set-up bait and to avoid status moves. Seismic Toss deals some damage in general and breaks Substitutes. Recover because, combined with Taunt and Toxic, gets a lot of switches from the opponent, to get him killed on my entry hazards. Toxic is here to get on Flying-types wich avoid Toxic Spikes. The EV spread, is just splitted between HP and Speed to maximize the functionality of the set.

Mollie King (Gliscor) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Swords Dance
- Protect​

Why this Pokèmon?

-And then we come to the super bat! Gliscor gives this team important resistances and immunities. Gliscor actually works both as a wall and as a finisher on my team. This guy is a key in most cases because, without him,
things as Dragon Dance Dragonite or Swords Dance Terrakion would be able to troll with my team in long time. The set is the classic Swords Dance set, because I don't like to depart from Standard, I need all the reliability from all of my Pokémon. 80 SDef EVs are the key to sponge a little Trick Room Reuniclus. The rest of the EVs are put in HP and defence to max out Physical bulk.

Rochelle Whiseman (Jellicent) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover​

Why this Pokèmon?

-L
ast but not least, Jellicent. In my honest opinion, this jelli is the best Rapid Spinner ever. Only a few Pokémon can spin on this, and they are called foresight Hitmontop and Excadrill. The first is never seen in OU, the latter one is Uber. Even Starmie can't spin on this bullshit, due to Toxic Spikes and Recover stalling out him. This is also why im using a Calm nature with a few EVs in Special Defence to sponge Life Orb Thunderbolts.
Taunt is a must on Jellicent, being great against Ferrothorn, Blissey and other slow Pokémon that, without it, would be able to set-up on Jelli. Will-O-Wisp is great for Steel-types and in case Toxic Spikes are not setted.
Combined with Scald, this guy will burn at least 2-3 Pokémon on the opponent's team if played smart. Im giving him a lot of physical bulk to don't being 2HKOed by Max Attack Adamant Donphan's Earthquake.​

Scizor: Tentacruel with Scald, Jellicent, Gliscor and Politoed(sometimes)
Dragonite: Ferrothorn, Gliscor and Deoxys, who can stall it with taunt and seismic toss.
Reuniclus: Deoxys-D can stop the Calm Minder.
Conkeldurr: Tentacruel, Gliscor
Starmie: Ferrothorn, Deoxys D
Volcaroona: Jellicent and Tentacruel are just great switch in.
Infernape: lol, Tentacruel and Jellicent can easily outclass it
Jirachi: Jirachi is a problem, If Jirachi is Calm Minder i can try to stop it with encore + perish song, or encore + Gliscor. Or, Ferrothorn can beats it with Buldooze. Also, if Jirachi is standard i can beat it easily.
Toxicroak: If Toxicroak is Sword Dancer i can beat it with Encore + Gliscor. If Toxi is Bulk Upper Gliscor is a good counter.
Mamoswine: Deoxys-D and Ferrothorn
Celebi: Deoxys-D taunt and Toxic.
Lucario: Without Tentacruel and Politoed i can stall it with Jellicent(if lucario has not Crunch) or Gliscor(if he has not Ice Punch).
Terrakion: Gliscor and sometimes Jellicent and Tentacruel.
Hydreigon: Yah, Sub Hydro is a problem, but if Hydro hasn't Dark Pulse i "could" stall it with Jellicent or Deoxys-D.
Gyarados: Deoxys-D, Politoed with encore and perish song.
Latios/Latias: Ferrothorn, Deoxys D.
Gengar: Tentacruel and Politoed with Encore or Perish Song.
Virizion: Deoxys-D or Tentacruel. If Virizion is a Sword Dancer version Gliscor can outlcass it, if Virizion is a Calm Minder version i could have some problem, but Deoxys-D should destroy it.
Tornadus: Spec Tornadus is an orrible Threath for my team. I must sacrfice a Pokémon and, then, send Politoed to revenge kill it.
Salamence: Ferrothorn, Deoxys-D and Gliscor.
Rotom W: Deoxys D and Ferrothorn.
Ferrothorn: Deoxys-D can Taunt it.
Heatran: lol, heatran is owned by all my team, except for Ferrothorn
Chansey/Blissey: Deoxys D, Tentacruel and Jellicent with Hazards.
Skarmory: Tentacruel and Deoxys-D. the first can hits it with Scald and Deoxys can taunt it and, then Seismic Toss.
Forretres: Jellicent with Taunt and Scald, Tentacruel and Deoxys D.
Mew: Deoxys-D without problems, also Gliscor can counter it if mew hasn't Ice Beam.
Slowbro: Jellicent and Deoxys-D
Gastrodon: Deoxys-D, Jellicent and Ferrothorn.
Magnezone: lol, Ferrothorn con Buldooze, Gliscor with this spread never 2HKed by Flash Cannon.

As a conclusion, i would thx to Dark Sector for Translate Help, Chari for the Images. I thank you if you could give me some advices for that team. Well, hope, you enjoyed the read, and sorry for my poor english..

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello there, Hellpowna!

This is a wonderful stall team you have here. As you said, Tornadus, especially Specs versions tear this team apart with Hurricane alone. I think you could benefit from using a Bulky Calm Mind Jirachi over your Jellicent. While you do lose a spinblock, you can certainly make up for Jellicent's presence. For example, Tentacruel and Jellicent wall the same threats for the most part, so you don't miss Jellicent's presence as a wall. Additionally, you can give Ferrothorn a Rocky Helmet, which will stack with Iron Barbs and work as an anti spin, as no spinner will want to take 29% each time they want to spin away hazards, and even if they do, they'll die in a short amount of time. Ferrothorn won't miss Leftovers as much, either, since Jirachi can always heal it up with Wish. Additionally, Jirachi can take Trick Room Reuniclus and Hydreigon very well. The EVs and set are a bit unorthodox, but they can really help your team, as this set is able to take on Hydreigon, Tornadus and Mynism Toxicroak (Swords Dance+Ice Punch), which becomes a weakness after replacing Jellicent, although it's easily fixed by giving Psychic to Jirachi. Calm Mind is on there to help you beat Nasty Plot Celebi, which is a huge threat otherwise, since nothing can take it on at +6, although Jirachi is able to boost along with it and take nothing from its attacks. Huge props to BKC for suggesting this set to me.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SDef / 136 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Wish
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Psychic

Change Summary

Ferrothorn:

Leftovers->Rocky Helmet

Additionally, I think you should switch Swords Dance on your Gliscor for Taunt. It allows you undoubtedly beat Ferrothorn, which is usually a huge nuisance to rain stall teams, and this one is no exception until you can burn it with Scald. Taunt also helps a lot against SubDD Dragonite, which you can't really touch if Deoxys-D has fainted. Finally, I think you could probably replace Encore on Politoed with Hidden Power Grass [to nail Gastrodon], or Toxic, mainly because it's redundant with Perish Song, which can also force stat boosters out.

Change Summary

Gliscor:

Swords Dance->Taunt

Politoed:

Encore->HP Grass/Toxic

hellpowna

beware of coco
Karpman i already tried Jirachi, unfortunately i need a Spin Blocker as Jellicent, because without it, i cannot stall my opponent, specially if my opponent have a Spinner. Also, i must say that Tornadus is not often used, thanks anyway ;)

Team looks bad cause you do not even have one poke that uses Roar or Whirlwind to get your entry hazard damage get going. In reverse you will not do much damage to the opposing pokemon. A Skarmory could fix that problem.
Anyway, it's a lil pesky team everybody hates to fight against :naughty:

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
The biggest threat I see to your team are sun teams. While you have Politoed to combat Ninetales, the Scarf variant isn't the best at winning weather wars and once it goes down, you'll have a tough time switching into boosted Fire- and Grass-type attacks. Another threat i'm seeing is Virizion, specifically Calm Mind variants which can sweep clean through your team once Deoxys-D is gone. I recommend a Bulky Dragonite over Deoxys-D. Dragonite is an excellent check to sun teams due to its bulk and typing and it can also deal with Virizion with its STAB Hurricane. Dragonite's Dragon Tail also solves your problem of no phazers.

Dragonite | Leftovers | Multiscale
Calm | 252 HP / 108 SpA / 148 SpD
Hurricane / Thunder / Dragon Tail / Roost

hope I helped and gl with your team :)

Sayonara

don't forget
Hey,

This team is rather solid. Jolteon could cause problems to your team. It outspeeds every member, and can take out Jellicent, Tentacruel and Politoed with Thunderbolt / Thunder, as well as landing a OHKO with Hidden Power [Ice] on Gliscor. I think a Standard Choice Scarf set would be helpful for Politoed. With a Timid Nature, it will outspeed Jolteon if it uses 30 HP IVs in order to get access to Hidden Power [Ice]. Its Speed Stat would then be a stat lower, at 392, which would be outsped by a Scarf Timid Politoed (393). Encore + Perish Song isn't too great for a Scarf Politoed, honestly. Perish Song works alright on the set, but I'd replace Encore by Hidden Power [Grass], in order for you to hit bulky waters and stuff like Quagsire and Gastrodon. The standard EV spread is recommended for Ferrothorn, which would allow it to take hits better on the physical and special side. It will be very helpful in Rain, notably. Taunt > Protect will help Gliscor, since it will help it beat Stall, and Ferrothorn, who will be forced into using Power Whip or Gyro Ball. Whilst the latter switches out, you'll get a free Swords Dance, which will be crucial in some matches, to help you win. You already have Tentacruel to scout with Protect either way. Gliscor doesn't benefit from Protect because it allows Ferrothorn to set up hazards like Stealth Rock and Spikes, whilst Gliscor can't do much in return.

A change to Jellicent's EV spread would also benefit your stall team. I'd go with a 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe spread (with a Bold nature), since the EVs invested in Speed allow the Floating Pokemon to outspeed Choice Band Scizor, and use Will-O-Wisp to completely ruin it. Your current spread would be outsped by Scizor, who would be able to freely U-Turn out. Surf over Scald would also be something you could try out, since you have Will-O-Wisp to land a burn already, and with more reliability. I'd also change Gliscor's spread to 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe. Gliscor's poor Special Defense doesn't deserve any investment, and just the presence of Rain increases Gliscor's weakness to Scalds, Surfs and Hydro Pumps, which would make the Special Defense EVs rather irrelevant. The 72 Spe lets you outspeed all Adamant Breloom and max speed Tyranitars. Now, Ferrothorn wouldn't mind having Leech Seed, since it has absolutely no access to recovery because of your choice of using Rocky Helmet. I'd replace Gyro Ball by Leech Seed. Finally, use Black Sludge on Tentacruel. It's the exact same item as Leftovers, but it lets you hurt Trick users. If a Pokemon isn't Poison type and holds the Black Sludge, it loses 1/8th of its HP each turn.

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
~ Hydro Pump / Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Hidden Power [Grass]
~ Focus Blast

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 168 SpD / 68 Def
Careful Nature
~ Stealth Rock
~ Spikes
~ Power Whip
~ Leech Seed

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
~ Surf
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Taunt
~ Recover

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
~ Swords Dance
~ Earthquake
~ Ice Fang
~ Taunt

This team is pretty solid overall. Good luck!

Pretty solid stall team you have here man.

Overall this team seems very weak to special attacks for example, Alakazam can flat out sweep your team as it can 1HKO most of your team and 2HKO with shadow ball the rest. Once your out of perish songs, calm mind Reunicles will eat you up, and it can always hit you with a psychic to wear Politoed down long before that. Hydregion eats this team alive with one free momentum, which will happen on a stall team. A lot most special threats are opened when you lose Politoed as well, which can happen easily with a scarf version.

Unfortunately you can't just slap on Blissey to solve these threats. Dragonite was actually an interesting suggestion by BTzz, but I fear it does little else for this team. Instead I suggest you simply use the standard specially defensive Jirachi. It not only solves those threats, but adds an additional steel type to this team, which is always good, it wish passes to keep everyone else alive, and it can sets up stealth rock, which opens up a move slot for Ferrothorn. I would suggest you use it over Deoxys-D, which currently is doing little for this team aside from attempting to stall by it's self, which does little for this team as a whole.
This will make it harder to face other stall teams however, but they are uncommon as is, and you should be also to take most out with your better stalling skills in theory.

If you go for that suggestion, than Ferrothorn no longer has any move slot issues. If not, I suggest you give up on bulldoze, since Magnezone is relatively uncommon, and you have perish song for calm mind Jirachi if need be. Gyroball + power whip is very important in the current metagame to kill rotom and dragons.

I suggest on Gliscor you at least give it 56 speed evs, this will allow it to out speed Politoed and Breloom, the later of which can be very important. If you do go with Jirachi, just run 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spd as calm mind Reunicles will no longer be an issue.

If you don't go for Jirachi, I suggest you test out cursed body on Jellicent, which will allow you to wall most of the time leftovers-calm mind Reunicles.

Changes in short:
-Doexys D -> Specially Defensive Jirachi
-Ferrothorn with Gyroball and Power whip
-Give glicor 56 speed evs
-Curse body Jellicent
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Wish
- Stealth Rock

Hi there HellPowna, good stall team.

The biggest threats I'm seeing right away are Tornadus as mentioned, and Sub CM rachi because Bulldoze does not break the sub.

The first thing I would do because this is rain stall is run a bulky Politoed with Leftovers over your current Scarf variant, you can't afford to have anything other than the most durable and long lasting Toed on a rain stall team. Keeping up the rain is absolutely vital with this team with other weather abusing threats you can run into.

Now, SD Rock Gem Terrakion is an even bigger threat because once it gets up an SD (which it can even do on Gliscor if it needs to) it OHKOes your whole team, forcing you to rely on Stone Edge missing. Here's the problem I'm having rating the team-

You could run Quagsire over Gliscor- this allows you to easily take care of Sub CM rachi taking only about 25% from rain-boosted Water Pulse, walls Rock gem Terrakion, checks LO versions, and gives you another rock resist to play around CB Versions with. It also gives you the ideal counter to modern day Landorus- which can wear down your other walls and eventually try to beat them.

This still leaves you with a Tornadus and Rotom-W weakness, and your best option to remove both of those as threats immediately is to run a Blissey or Chansey over Deoxys-D. Less common threats such as NP Celebi and Sun-abusing Venusaur are good reasons to have a blob as well.

By checking all of these threats as efficiently as you can, the only things you need coverage against are strong Choice Banded Ground / Flying attacks and CM Reuniclus. The closest you can get to covering everything is just by copying IR: The Art of Rain Stall, with Cursed Body on Jellicent and the lack of Choice Banded Landorus you can safely play with this team with the niche of having a real spin-blocker but this is the problem with Rain stall teams, there is almost no room for variety.

Still, good job and good luck!

Hey, cool rain stall team. It has some weaknesses though, the major threat being Specs Tornadus as you mentioned. Seeing as you have no Flying resist or something incredibly bulky like Chansey, it can simply spam Hurricane to 2HKO everything on your team. You can try to revenge kill it with Politoed but if it's a Life Orb variant and it decides to Tailwind before Politoed comes in, that's not possible either. The worst ones are those with Spikes support, as most of your team members all take about 60-70% damage, meaning that with enough entry hazard damage, everything is KOed. This is especially true if it U-turns the first few times it comes in.
SubCM Jirachi is also a big threat, as it can set up on pretty much everything but Gliscor, and does a lot of damage with boosted Water Pulses and Thunders. Politoed can try to Perish Song, but Thunder does a ton of damage and losing Politoed can be pretty crucial. Gliscor can't Earthquake either since Jirachi outspeeds and 2HKOes with Water Pulse unboosted. The rest of your team is setup fodder, also as yee mentioned Bulldoze only does 20% - 24% to Jirachi, meaning it does not break its Sub.
Also, Swords Dance Lucario will never sweep you, but it can be hard for you to play around. Gliscor or Jellicent is able to take a hit from Lucario, but you won't know which one. Playing around isn't reliable, because Gliscor is 2HKOed by Crunch + Close Combat, while Jellicent is 2HKOed by Ice Punch if it's just a little weakened and Stealth Rock is up. This means that you'll always lose at least one Pokemon to Lucario. Politoed can try to revenge kill Lucario, but ExtremeSpeed does 80% - 94%, meaning with Stealth Rock up it has a good chance to KO.

Onto the solutions, I think first of all you could change your Gliscor set around a little. I think the following set would fit great on your team:

Gliscor @ Leftovers | Sand Veil
Jolly | 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Taunt / Roost / Earthquake / Toxic

With 216 Speed EVs and a Jolly nature, Gliscor will always outspeed Lucario, even those that run a Jolly nature themselves. Gliscor can quite easily take an ExtremeSpeed, which does only 49% - 58%. Gliscor can then Earthquake, which easily OHKOes Lucario. If you feel that a Jolly nature is unnecessary since Jolly Lucario is fairly rare, an Impish nature is also a good option for more bulk. The moveset itself is fairly simple, and lets it stall out opposing stall teams almost all by itself; it works very similarly to Deoxys-D.

Talking about Deoxys-D, I think you can replace it with something else, seeing as if you make this change, Gliscor and Jellicent already do what Deoxys-D doing mostly, and Deoxys-D seems a bit redundant. This frees up a slot to use a Bronzong instead. A specially defensively inclined Bronzong can easily take Hurricanes from Tornadus, and Gyro Ball does a ton of damage back to Tornadus. Specs-boosted Focus Blast isn't even a guaranteed 3HKO, meaning you can take a Focus Blast, and switch to Gliscor or Tornadus. It can also take on SubCM Jirachi, because +1 Thunder never 4HKOes, while Earthquake always breaks Jirachi's Substitutes. The exact set is:

Bronzong @ Leftovers | Levitate
Sassy | 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Stealth Rock / Gyro Ball / Earthquake / Hidden Power Ice or Toxic

Another thing that is really useful about this set is that it can use Stealth Rock. That way, Ferrothorn can drop Stealth Rock for a more useful move, such as Leech Seed. Bulldoze will also be unnecessary now Bronzong can hit SubCM Jirachi with Earthquake, leaving you with a moveset of Spikes / Leech Seed / Power Whip / Gyro Ball.

Good luck with the team!

hellpowna

beware of coco
I appreciate and thank you for all these tips. I am very agree on Yee regarding Quagsire. Infact trying Quagsire I found fewer problems, as I can block Jirachi without problems, and Terrakion Landorus as he says. I was also thinking of replacing Blissey / Chansey with Deoxys-D because it allows me to win against Tornadus. But I was also thinking of using Jirachi or Bronzong. The first stops Tornadus also having a recovery for the whole team, and then a wisher. While Bronzong allowed me to block the other Jirachi, Tornadus but I already have quagsire. But putting Jirachi then I have two weaknesses to Ground. If i lost Jirachi i haven't a wisher, but also a weakness on the ground. I was also considering using the Tomahawk's Gliscor and Jirachi, but this made ​​me vulnerable to Terrakion. what can I do? If I may, I must say that I am better off using Quagsire and Jirachi..what do you think about that?

Well, there will always be Pokemon who are more troublesome than others. If you want to go on with using Britscor + Bronzong / Jirachi, but if you feel that Terrakion will be too troublesome, I recommend the following set instead of Bronzong:

Metagross @ Choice Band | Clear Body
Adamant | 252 HP / 124 Atk / 132 SpD
Meteor Mash / Bullet Punch / Earthquake / Trick

The EV spread lets Metagross never be 2HKOed by Specs Tornadus' Hurricane after Stealth Rock. It can then KO with Choice Band-boosted Meteor Mash. Jirachi can also be taken on with similar bulk, and Earthquake to 2HKO even Wish + CM Jirachi, preventing it from recovering. The advantage of Metagross over the Bronzong and Jirachi is mainly Bullet Punch, which does a ton of damage to Terrakion. It doesn't OHKO unfortunately, but if you can get a bit of residual damage on it (Spikes, Toxic) it should be easy prey. Trick also helps you against other stall teams.

One possible small change you could make (because the team is still annoyed by WoW Rotom-W) is run Rest on Ferrothorn with a specially defensive EV spread so you can handle all variants under rain, the only problem is it's incredibly easy to turn a resting pokemon into a useless one with the stupid gen 5 mechanics. I also like the combination of Britscor and Metagross Tomahawk recommended, go ahead and try all of the changes I know you'll like the final result you end up with.

First things first: good job. I can see that you put effort into this team.
Here are some tips: I have noticed some redundancy in the movesets of a few pokemanz.
Run shadow ball over wil o wisp on Jelli. You already have a burning move, and most of the time you shouldn't even be able to burn because there are toxic spikes on the field. Shadow ball helps you get rid of espeon, starmie, and even the occasional Gengar after SR damage.
Replace spikes on ferro for gyro ball. Replace toxic on deoxys d with spikes. This helps ferro actually do damage, and not be walled by bulkier taunters. Deoxys d can take care of spikes- you don't need toxic because you should have toxic spikes up. Besides- Deoxys D being the primary wall of the team, you want to use that stall time to set up.
Hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)