Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Hi all, could you finish my scramble?

I want to play Emerald, no trades, and ask for a challenge to you all. I'll just ask that you be creative when creating a background to the poke, so that I can make a good story with all 6 chosen ones.

For now, I have:
- Playful, the sadist Vulpix
- Jellicent, the drunken Spinda
- Overused, the OU-wanna-be Torchic
- Aratas, the warrior Ralts

Just waiting for the last 2 to begin my journey! Thank you in advance!

Hi all, could you finish my scramble?

I want to play Emerald, no trades, and ask for a challenge to you all. I'll just ask that you be creative when creating a background to the poke, so that I can make a good story with all 6 chosen ones.

For now, I have:
- Playful, the sadist Vulpix
- Jellicent, the drunken Spinda
- Overused, the OU-wanna-be Torchic
- Aratas, the warrior Ralts

Just waiting for the last 2 to begin my journey! Thank you in advance!

Fencas, take Methane the Koffing

Methane is a straight-up bully, and is always picking on other Pokémon. As such, he must learn and keep the move Torment immediately, and it must be the first move he uses on every Pokémon he battles. In addition, thanks to Methane's short-temper and his flammable gas, he also must learn Self-Destruct ASAP and use it if Torment runs out of PP or he gets hit by a fire attack. This also means he cannot learn any fire moves. Self-Destruct can only be replaced by Explosion. Being a bully, Methane is cowardly and doesn't study, so he doesn't know he has the ability Levitate. So, he cannot fight any ground-type Pokémon. If any Pokémon, including yours, uses a ground-type move while he is in battle, he will panic and use Self-Destruct. Methane's bully nature draws him to any fresh meat, and Flannery is the new kid in town. He is also secretly insecure, and wants to show how off how strong he is. So, in order to evolve, Methane must KO at least one of Flannery's Pokémon. He doesn't have to solo any of them, however, as bullies fight in groups.

So, to summarize:

- Methane must learn and keep the move Torment, and use it on each Pokémon he battles
- Methane must learn and keep the move Self-Destruct/Explosion ASAP
- Methane must use Self-Destruct/Explosion if a Torment runs out of PP or it is hit by a fire-type move
- Methane must also use Self-Destruct/Explosion if a ground-type move is used while he is in battle
- Methane cannot fight ground-type Pokémon
- Methane cannot learn any fire-type moves
- Methane cannot evolve unless he deals the finishing blow to at least one of Flannery's Pokémon

Fencas, take Methane the Koffing

Methane is a straight-up bully, and is always picking on other Pokémon. As such, he must learn and keep the move Torment immediately, and it must be the first move he uses on every Pokémon he battles. In addition, thanks to Methane's short-temper and his flammable gas, he also must learn Self-Destruct ASAP and use it if Torment runs out of PP or he gets hit by a fire attack. This also means he cannot learn any fire moves. Self-Destruct can only be replaced by Explosion. Being a bully, Methane is cowardly and doesn't study, so he doesn't know he has the ability Levitate. So, he cannot fight any ground-type Pokémon. If any Pokémon, including yours, uses a ground-type move while he is in battle, he will panic and use Self-Destruct. Methane's bully nature draws him to any fresh meat, and Flannery is the new kid in town. He is also secretly insecure, and wants to show how off how strong he is. So, in order to evolve, Methane must KO at least one of Flannery's Pokémon. He doesn't have to solo any of them, however, as bullies fight in groups.

So, to summarize:

- Methane must learn and keep the move Torment, and use it on each Pokémon he battles
- Methane must learn and keep the move Self-Destruct/Explosion ASAP
- Methane must use Self-Destruct/Explosion if a Torment runs out of PP or it is hit by a fire-type move
- Methane must also use Self-Destruct/Explosion if a ground-type move is used while he is in battle
- Methane cannot fight ground-type Pokémon
- Methane cannot learn any fire-type moves
- Methane cannot evolve unless he deals the finishing blow to at least one of Flannery's Pokémon
Thanks, Shadowlucario! Methane will be the fifth member of the crew. Just one more to go, guys! Bring it on something really hard! =D

I've never one one of these but I'd like to try a soul silver scramble. Medium difficulty if you could.
Ok, Belbazoar, take Parasite the Paras

It first started as a mere tochukaso mushroom growing in its back. Then it grow stronger. It began to control some small movements, then some toughts. After mere weeks, it had full control of him. But it is not enough. Is is never enough. Parasite now have to control everyone it senses. And in the end, it will. Like a fungus. Like a monster. Like... a parasite.

This summer...

Well, as a Paras, Parasite is still weak, but will always attack with the same modus operandi: it will try to infect its victims with Poisonpowder in the first turn and then Leech Life it to de...feat. Being still weak, whenever Parasite get to "red health" it MUST retreat and be changed to another poke. It it faints, you MUST revive it immediatly. And until it learns its first non-phisical attack (Giga Drain, lvl 33), it does not feel ready to evolve...

But when it evolves, well, it gets to its full potential. Being a master of mind control, it will never make its hand dirty - so it cannot use any kind of phisical move anymore. It does not want to spread its powder as a must, but it have to grow more and more in power, so Growth has to always be its first move. And if anything DARE to make it "red health" it will not accept to be healed by anything but its Giga Drain attack - if it faints, it will have to prove itself by soloing the next 3 pokes you face.

In the end, Parasite is very curious of E4's Will psychic power, so it must solo him. :)

Resume:
- Paras always start with Poisonpowder and cannot use other moves than Poisonpowder and Leech Life
- Paras will always retreat if in "red health" and must be imeediatly revived if faints
- Paras will evolve just after learning Giga Drain
- Parasect will not use any pshicical attack and always start with Growth
- Parasect will just be healed by Giga Drain if "red health"
- Parasect need to solo the next 3 pokes if faints
- Parasect need to solo E4 Will

Have fun! :)

Ok, Belbazoar, take Parasite the Paras

Resume:
- Paras always start with Poisonpowder and cannot use other moves than Poisonpowder and Leech Life
- Paras will always retreat if in "red health" and must be imeediatly revived if faints
- Paras will evolve just after learning Giga Drain
- Parasect will not use any pshicical attack and always start with Growth
- Parasect will just be healed by Giga Drain if "red health"
- Parasect need to solo the next 3 pokes if faints
- Parasect need to solo E4 Will

Have fun! :)
Oh boy this sounds awesome. So that's 4 down, 2 to go

Belbazoar Take Magik (misspelling intended) the Magikarp. It thinks it has magic powers that enable it to outdo any other magikarp in battle. As such, it must solo all Magikarp. To evolve into a Gyarados, it must learn Splash, Tackle, and Flail. As a Gyarados, it believes that those moves still have magical powers. As such, it must keep all 3 of those the entire game.

When it sees a rampaging Gyarados in the Lake of Rage, it wants to use its magic powers to defeat the Gyarados. What happens from then on depends on if you catch the Red Gyarados or defeat it.

If the Red Gyarados is caught, then Magik is filled with grief. It may only battle against Team Rocket until you reach the E4.

If the Red Gyarados is defeated, then Magik is filled with rage at ignoring an opportunity to defeat it. As such, it must solo as many pokemon as it can from all trainers that have a Gyarados.

If you plan to continue into Kanto, then notify me and I will add more.

From then, how many moves it can forget from Splash, Tackle, and Flail is equal to how many of Lance's pokemon soloed with just the fourth move. Magik realises that it is magic itself, not the moves. It must now solo every Gyarados, to prove that it still has magical abilities.

It now thinks that its new moves are magical, though, so it must keep the next however many moves learned. It may replace them by learning a new move first, and then soloing the next gym (ignoring the gym leader, or just the gym leader, your choice) to learn the new move. You may replace 2 moves that way. Note that this only applies to the Kanto gyms.

When you re-match against Lance, Magik must solo Lance's entire team. Its success determines what happens next:
If you solo less than half of his team, Magik must be released.
If you solo more than half, but not quite all of his team, Magik must solo however many he couldn't solo in your match against Red. All his moves must be replaced beforehand, though.
If you solo all of Lance's team, Magik now is convinced that he is perfect and may not have any moves changed. He must solo one of Red's pokemon, to prove himself #1.

Last edited:
Belbazoar Take Magik (misspelling intended) the Magikarp. It thinks it has magic powers that enable it to outdo any other magikarp in battle. As such, it must solo all Magikarp. To evolve into a Gyarados, it must learn Splash, Tackle, and Flail. As a Gyarados, it believes that those moves still have magical powers. As such, it must keep all 3 of those the entire game.

When it sees a rampaging Gyarados in the Lake of Rage, it wants to use its magic powers to defeat the Gyarados. What happens from then on depends on if you catch the Red Gyarados or defeat it.

If the Red Gyarados is caught, then Magik is filled with grief. It may only battle against Team Rocket until you reach the E4.

If the Red Gyarados is defeated, then Magik is filled with rage at ignoring an opportunity to defeat it. As such, it must solo as many pokemon as it can from all trainers that have a Gyarados.

If you plan to continue into Kanto, then notify me and I will add more.
Oh boy and yes I do plan to venture through kanto

So now I have
Keyakku the male nidoran

Silence/Voice the zubat

Generic the Sentret

Parasite the Paras

Magik the Magikarp

just one more to start my adventure

Last edited:
Oh boy and yes I do plan to venture through kanto

So now I have
Keyakku the male nidoran

Silence/Voice the zubat

Generic the Sentret

Parasite the Paras

Magik the Magikarp

just one more to start my adventure
I will give you your last mon.

Take Don't Fuckle with Shuckle (DontFuckle for short) the Shuckle.

Shuckle is unbreakable. Or so Shuckle likes to think. In order to be truly unbreakable, it must be the first one with a Relaxed, Bold, Impish, Calm, Careful, or Sassy nature you find. It is really rock-hard, and it can Bide attacks all day. Thus, it must learn and keep Bide ASAP. It also wants to live a peaceful life, but it can't because it must take hits. Never learn Rest. It does not have the knowledge of making toxic potions from berries, and wants to learn. However, as much as it tries, it cannot ever learn Toxic. In order to be Rock-hard, Shuckle needs Defense Curl, and Rollout for good measure. The fourth move is up to you.

Shuckle thinks it is harder than Steel. Steelix's dex entry says it is harder than diamonds, and Shuckle knows that it itself is harder than diamonds. Have Shuckle solo Jasmine. You may only use Bide twice in that battle.

After defeating Jasmine, Shuckle is very proud of itself. It refuses to fight any Pokemon whose STAB it resists, as it thinks that that is cheating. Indeed, it must solo 10 trainer-owned Pokemon with a super-effective STAB before you take on Lugia. Once you get to Lugia, Shuckle hears of the "Great Wall", so it aims to outlast Lugia. Without using Bide or Rollout, solo Lugia. Then solo all of Bruno's Onix, because it's definitely tougher stuff.

Once you get into Kanto, solo Brock, to prove that you are the superior Rock-type and that he should use Shuckle. Also solo one of Misty's Pokemon without using Bide. After those solos, it decides to have a nice peaceful life for the rest of its days. Unfortunately, you still have a ways to go. It will reluctantly climb Mt. Silver with you, and it will go out in a blaze of glory against Red--lead with him and keep him in until you either win or he dies. Look at the number of Pokemon he did not KO, plus the number of healing items you used. That is the number of times Shuckle needs to rematch Brock for satisfaction. Then, it can finally retire. Learn Rest in that fourth slot, and box it forever.

I will give you your last mon.

Take Don't Fuckle with Shuckle (DontFuckle for short) the Shuckle.

Shuckle is unbreakable. Or so Shuckle likes to think. In order to be truly unbreakable, it must be the first one with a Relaxed, Bold, Impish, Calm, Careful, or Sassy nature you find. It is really rock-hard, and it can Bide attacks all day. Thus, it must learn and keep Bide ASAP. It also wants to live a peaceful life, but it can't because it must take hits. Never learn Rest. It does not have the knowledge of making toxic potions from berries, and wants to learn. However, as much as it tries, it cannot ever learn Toxic. In order to be Rock-hard, Shuckle needs Defense Curl, and Rollout for good measure. The fourth move is up to you.

Shuckle thinks it is harder than Steel. Steelix's dex entry says it is harder than diamonds, and Shuckle knows that it itself is harder than diamonds. Have Shuckle solo Jasmine. You may only use Bide twice in that battle.

After defeating Jasmine, Shuckle is very proud of itself. It refuses to fight any Pokemon whose STAB it resists, as it thinks that that is cheating. Indeed, it must solo 10 trainer-owned Pokemon with a super-effective STAB before you take on Lugia. Once you get to Lugia, Shuckle hears of the "Great Wall", so it aims to outlast Lugia. Without using Bide or Rollout, solo Lugia. Then solo all of Bruno's Onix, because it's definitely tougher stuff.

Once you get into Kanto, solo Brock, to prove that you are the superior Rock-type and that he should use Shuckle. Also solo one of Misty's Pokemon without using Bide. After those solos, it decides to have a nice peaceful life for the rest of its days. Unfortunately, you still have a ways to go. It will reluctantly climb Mt. Silver with you, and it will go out in a blaze of glory against Red--lead with him and keep him in until you either win or he dies. Look at the number of Pokemon he did not KO, plus the number of healing items you used. That is the number of times Shuckle needs to rematch Brock for satisfaction. Then, it can finally retire. Learn Rest in that fourth slot, and box it forever.
Wow. That's awesome can't wait to get started

Hello! I am looking to do a Scramble Challenge for Y. I cannot trade. Make it fairly easy, I have a problem with stressful things.

Do you have it already, Chaostothemax? :)
Oops, I totally forgot :P
Fencas, take Fragile the Nincada. Fragile knows he's a bug, and is constantly terrified of being squashed or otherwise injured. As such, he takes every single precaution he can to prevent fainting. He must always know at least one HP draining move at all times, and he cannot be used in a battle if he does not go into it at full health. If he faints, you must revive him as quickly as you can; either by using items or taking him to the Pokemon Center.

In order to evolve, he must take down one of Watson's pokemon without fainting. When facing him, he realizes that his immunity to Electric means that he isn't as frail as he thought. This makes him so happy, he evolves. You will use the Ninjask.

As a Ninjask, change his name to Cocky. He knows that he's stronger now, and wants to flaunt it. The only problem? He thinks he's still immune to electric types. He must be sent out every time the enemy sends out an Electric type. Not only that, but his newfound confidence leads him to refuse to be healed by you. You cannot use items on him.

Hello! I am looking to do a Scramble Challenge for Y. I cannot trade. Make it fairly easy, I have a problem with stressful things.
Verxilo, take Pampered the Furfrou. Pampered grew up with a very rich family, so he/she expects everything from the Trainer. Pampered must always be styled at the salon; if he is not, he cannot fight. Pampered is also very spoiled, so he gets very angry when he is not healed immediately. You must heal him as soon as you can if he is injured after a battle, either through healing items or the Pokemon Center. Last, but not least, Pampered hates the outdoors; he must be sent out against every Grass type the enemy sends out.

Last edited:
Hey, Verxilo! you could take Sweeper, the Carbink.

Since the beggining, Sweeper have just one certainty in its life: it was born to be a special sweeper in any pokemon master team - and its nature helped that a lot, so Sweeper must have any +Sp.Att as nature (Modest, Mild, Quiet, Rash). As such, for years it dreamed on learning the most spetacular attacks that would defeat any threat it could face, so he can only learn/use special attacks (Ancient Power, Power Gem, Moonblast, Hidden Power, Psychic, Round, Dazzling Gleam). More than that, Sweeper fights like a killing machine: the more pokémons it defeats with its overwhelming power, the more it wants to defeat, so it will never retreat, not until it faints.

Wanting to prove its sweeper proweness, Sweeper will solo Valerie (fairy).

Verxilo, take Pampered the Furfrou. Pampered grew up with a very rich family, so he/she expects everything from the Trainer. Pampered must always be styled at the salon; if he is not, he cannot fight. Pampered is also very spoiled, so he gets very angry when he is not healed immediately. You must heal him as soon as you can if he is injured after a battle, either through healing items or the Pokemon Center. Last, but not least, Pampered hates the outdoors; he must be sent out against every Grass type the enemy sends out.

Hey, Verxilo! you could take Sweeper, the Carbink.

Since the beggining, Sweeper have just one certainty in its life: it was born to be a special sweeper in any pokemon master team - and its nature helped that a lot, so Sweeper must have any +Sp.Att as nature (Modest, Mild, Quiet, Rash). As such, for years it dreamed on learning the most spetacular attacks that would defeat any threat it could face, so he can only learn/use special attacks (Ancient Power, Power Gem, Moonblast, Hidden Power, Psychic, Round, Dazzling Gleam). More than that, Sweeper fights like a killing machine: the more pokémons it defeats with its overwhelming power, the more it wants to defeat, so it will never retreat, not until it faints.

Wanting to prove its sweeper proweness, Sweeper will solo Valerie (fairy).
I will totally do these. Thanks guys. Now I just need four more.

Last edited:
All right, I felt the last one was pretty fun. I am up for a new challange! Give me the most difficult you can think of!
The game will be Ruby or Sapphire.
Make it Doable, though.

Spot reserved: Yoshitsune

Last edited:
All right, I felt the last one was pretty fun. I am up for a new challange! Give me the most difficult you can think of!
Which game?

EDIT: Ultimathunder, take Loyal the Poochyena. Loyal has always thought he was the best guard dog. His dream was always to protect his trainer with all his being. Due to his high volatility towards people other than his trainer, Loyal must always have all attacking moves, with the exception of Howl, which he uses to scare away others. He also refuses to get healed in battle, insisting that his wounds are merely cuts, no matter how grave. Due to this, you cannot use potions or revives of any kind on Loyal.

In order to evolve, Loyal must solo Wattson's gym. Through fighting Wattson, Loyal learns that there are other people out there, cheerful people. After Soloing Wattson, Loyal can evolve and has to forget an attacking move, and learn Return. Also change his name to Loving.

Last edited:
Verxilo Take Real the Riolu. Riolu wants things to be real. As such, it may not use special attacks as those are immaterial, so they may not be real. It also may not use status moves because those aren't real power, merely a dirty trick. It also may not hold any items that have an effect on the battle (lucky egg, amulet coin, exp. share, etc. exempt), as it wants its wins to be real, not caused by a held item.

In order to evolve into Lucario, it must prove its strength real. It must solo Grant, to prove that it has real power. In order to mega-evolve, it must prove its power even greater by soloing a Gym Leader that it does not have a type-advantage against (Korrina, Ramos, Clemont, or Olympia) as a Lucario. It also must prove its power capable of overwhelming all. As such, it must solo Wulfric's Avalugg and Cryogonal, to show that its power is enough to wreck even the sturdiest walls.

When Team Flare tries to kill everyone with their ultimate weapon, he doubts that their weapon is real. As such, it may not participate in battles against Team Flare while the player is trying to prevent the Ultimate Weapon from working.

To prove that its power never got weaker while it didn't battle, it must solo 3 pokemon belonging to the E4/Diantha.

Verxilo Take Real the Riolu. Riolu wants things to be real. As such, it may not use special attacks as those are immaterial, so they may not be real. It also may not use status moves because those aren't real power, merely a dirty trick. It also may not hold any items that have an effect on the battle (lucky egg, amulet coin, exp. share, etc. exempt), as it wants its wins to be real, not caused by a held item.

In order to evolve into Lucario, it must prove its strength real. It must solo Grant, to prove that it has real power. In order to mega-evolve, it must prove its power even greater by soloing a Gym Leader that it does not have a type-advantage against (Korrina, Ramos, Clemont, or Olympia) as a Lucario. It also must prove its power capable of overwhelming all. As such, it must solo Wulfric's Avalugg and Cryogonal, to show that its power is enough to wreck even the sturdiest walls.

When Team Flare tries to kill everyone with their ultimate weapon, he doubts that their weapon is real. As such, it may not participate in battles against Team Flare while the player is trying to prevent the Ultimate Weapon from working.

To prove that its power never got weaker while it didn't battle, it must solo 3 pokemon belonging to the E4/Diantha.
K thanks for yet another mon! Now I only need 3 more...

Alright first update. This has already proven to be quite challenging due to not being able to actually use generic yet. I chose totodile then caught zubat (silence) and returned totodile to the box. Then went back and caught sentret (generic). Training sentret was a pain I got him to level 8 and zubat to 16 before he was able to take out that fanned pidgeotto. I never thought that I'd have such a problem with just the first gym. So with Generic at level 8 and Silence at 16 I press on from the gym towards azaela town.

Ok! All is set! The amzing team to run Emerald is complete! Here it is:

-Must always know Confuse Ray and Imprison
-Must use Confuse Ray whenever it is sent out, and whenever an opponent sends out a Pokemon against it
-Win 10 trainer battles by causing the final mon to suicide from confusion to evolve
-After evolution, must battle all Psychic-types (Another Pokemon can help it in Tate and Liza's gym)
-Must solo Juan

-Must always know Teeter Dance and Dizzy Punch
-Must always know Flail or Trash (but never Focus Punch)
-Must hold Everstone
-Must start battle with Teeter Dance, then roll a 4-sided dice to know which move to use
-Solo four Wallace's pokes
-Solo any gym minus the leader

-Must only knows: Swords Dance, Mega Kick, Double-Edge, Slash or Protect
-Must not battle ADV Ubers (Doexys (all forms), Groudon, Ho-oh, Kyogre Lati@s, Lugia, Mew, Mewtwo, Raquaza, Wobbuffett, and Wynaut), or the game needs to be restarted without saving
- Must always battle ADV OU (Aerodactyl, Blissey, Celebi, Claydol, Cloyster, Dugtrio, Flygon, Forretress, Gengar, Gyarados, Heracross, Jirachi, Jolteon, Magneton, Metagross, Milotic, Porygon2, Raikou, Regice, Salamence, Skarmory, Snorlax, Starmie, Suicune, Swampert, Tyranitar, Zapdos), even its NFE form, unless conflict with other pokes' rules; if unable, must solo 10 next pokes

-Cannot use debilitating moves and just Calm Mind as stat boosting
-Must always battle Zubat evo line
-Must not fight Ralts evo line; until Wally, where must defeat its Gardevoir - if defeated, it's dead

-Must always have Torment and use it as first move
-Must always have Self-Destruct (or Explosion) and use if Torment PP run out, get hit by fire attacks or if any ground move is used when on field
-Cannot have fire attacks
-Cannot fight ground pokes
-To evolve, must KO one of Flannery's pokes (don't need to solo)

-Must always know at least one HP draining move
-Cannot go into battle if not in full health
-If faints, revive/poke center immediately
-To evolve, must KO one of Watson's pokes
-As Ninjask, change name to "Cocky", always use against electric pokes and items cannot be used

I'll update at each gym! See ya!

Fencas Take Overused the Torchic. Overused knows how powerful he is. He also knows that, in the future, Blaziken will become an Uber. As such, he must know the normal Gen5 Ubers moves that Blaziken know (Swords Dance, Mega Kick (to substitute for HJK), Double Edge (to substitute for Flare Blitz), Slash (to substitute for Shadow Claw), and Protect). Note that the move substitutions are not optional, but must be done (unless you choose the 4 other moves) because the moves that are being substituted for either don't exist in Emerald, or Blaziken doesn't learn them in gen 3.

He also views Ubers as being far superior to him, and he doesn't want to lose. As such, he may not battle any Ubers (Doexys (all forms), Groudon, Ho-oh, Kyogre Lati@s, Lugia, Mew, Mewtwo, Raquaza, Wobbuffett, and Wynaut). If forced to battle any of them as Overused, then you must restart your game (as in turn off without saving, not start over from the beginning).

He also wants to prove himself too OP for OU. As such, he must solo every pokemon in ADV OU (Aerodactyl, Blissey, Celebi, Claydol, Cloyster, Dugtrio, Flygon, Forretress, Gengar, Gyarados, Heracross, Jirachi, Jolteon, Magneton, Metagross, Milotic, Porygon2, Raikou, Regice, Salamence, Skarmory, Snorlax, Starmie, Suicune, Swampert, Tyranitar, Zapdos), barring solos reserved by prior pokemon. It also must solo all NFE forms of those pokemon (if at the same stage, so, for example, Torchic vs. Trapinch, Cumbustken vs. Metang, and Blaziken vs. no NFEs). If it can't solo an OU pokemon due to a trapping move (like accidentally having a steel-type in against a Magnet Pull Magneton or having Overused already fainted), then Overused must solo the next 10 pokemon you face.
Hey, Mulan, I was planning my journey right now and stumbled upon a problem with your rules: both Swords Dance and Mega Kick can just be learned after beating E4, buying with BP! As you just presented 5 options of moves, could you give me at least one more so I can go with Double-Edge/Slash/Protect/(new move)?
Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)