Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Verxilo Do you want me to give you another one?

The Purple Murkrow Take 2Cool4You the Froakie. 2Cool4You is too cool for you. As such, it must always use the best move against the foe immediately (highest product of BP, STAB multiplier, stat boost effects, average crit multiplier, relevent attacking stat, type effectiveness, item boosts, and ability boosts.

Trade to get Black Glasses ASAP. It must always hold Black Glasses, as those are cool. It also may not switch in on a pokemon that it has a type-advantage against, because that is uncool. It also may not use any status moves, because those are too uncool for it.

To evolve into a Frogadier, it must solo a rival, because that is cool. To evolve into a Greninja, it must solo Ramos or Clemont, as overpowering a type-disadvantage is cool. It may not participate against Grant, Olympia (if evolved into a Greninja), or Malva, because those are too weak to water.'

When you battle Diantha, you must solo her Gardevoir, to prove that 2Cool4You is too cool.

Last edited:
Verxilo Take Toaster the Charmander. Toaster loves to toast its foes. As such, it must only use Fire-type moves.

It feels that its moves are unwallable in sun. As such, once it can mega-evolve or learn Sunny Day, it may only battle in bright sunlight (when mega-evolved, it gets Drought to bring the sun).

It does not like pokemon that change the weather to something else. As such, it must solo all pokemon with a weather-inducing ability other than Drought, and it must solo all pokemon that have used a weather-changing move other than Sunny Day.

It does not mind Team Flare, as they bring about the fire that Toaster loves (or so it thinks). As such, he may not participate in Team Flare battles.

Last edited:
Verxilo Take Toaster the Charmander. Toaster loves to toast its foes. As such, it must only use Fire-type moves.

It feels that its moves are unwallable in sun. As such, once it can mega-evolve or learn Sunny Day, it may only battle in bright sunlight (when mega-evolved, it gets Drought to bring the sun).

It does not like pokemon that change the weather to something else. As such, it must solo all pokemon with a weather-inducing ability other than Drought, and it must solo all pokemon that have used a weather-changing move other than Sunny Day.

It does not mind Team Flare, as they bring about the fire that Toaster loves (or so it thinks). As such, he may not participate in Team Flare battles.
Thanks! Now I only need two more! I'M SO EXCITED!!! :D

Verxilo take OmNom the Tyrunt. Omnom likes eating things.

Omnom can only use biting moves, like Thunder Fang and Crunch. Omnom likes fish especially, so every water type that looks like some kind of aquatic animal (ie. Magikarp) it must solo. How ever, Omnom refuses to eat anything that isn't a biological being. He refuses to eat anything that looks like an object, or any Rock or Steel type. Omnom seeks to eat the most powerful thing it possibly can. There for, it must eat the most powerful pokemon a gym leader has.

Also, he finds gooey pokemon gross, so he can't eat any of Goomy's familiy, no Grimer family, Gulpin family, Shellos family, or Dittos.

Verxilo take OmNom the Tyrunt. Omnom likes eating things.

Omnom can only use biting moves, like Thunder Fang and Crunch. Omnom likes fish especially, so every water type that looks like some kind of aquatic animal (ie. Magikarp) it must solo. How ever, Omnom refuses to eat anything that isn't a biological being. He refuses to eat anything that looks like an object, or any Rock or Steel type. Omnom seeks to eat the most powerful thing it possibly can. There for, it must eat the most powerful pokemon a gym leader has.

Also, he finds gooey pokemon gross, so he can't eat any of Goomy's familiy, no Grimer family, Gulpin family, Shellos family, or Dittos.
Kewl! Now I only need 1 more! :D

I need two Pokemon for my Pokemon Y playthrough it would be much appreciated I can trade as long as I get a friend code for trading with. I just finished the 2nd gym so yeah thanks in advance!

Hi, I wanna do this. Here are my terms:
Pokemon X
Can Trade
Normal Difficulty
Please just give me first forms.

FC: 5300-9555-2985
Now you gave him one, I'll be litteral and give you a first form... that will not evolve. :D

Take Furious the Dunsparce.

This killing machine was genetically modified to do two things and two things at all: kill and hate. Because of that, every other move you use MUST be Rage - like a Truant ability, but rage-er!

Being so furious, Furious is almost blind in its hate from all living things. Because of that, he will solo all Fairy-type pokes he will see in front of him.

Enjoy. :)

#8 Gym Update + Pre-E4

Overused the OU-wanna-be Combusken
M / Naughty / Lvl 45
@-
IV: 16/25/3/23/9/8
EV: 60/106/66/57/38/100
*Slash
*Blaze Kick
*Protect
*Mega Kick
Aratas the warrior Gardevoir
M / Quiet / Lvl 45
@ -
IV: 30/13/19/13/9/28
EV: 77/77/88/68/47/153
*Psychic
*Calm Mind
*Thunderbolt
*Shadow Ball (have forgotten that is physical this game... oh, well...)
Cocky the reckless Ninjask
F / Adamant(!) / Lvl 45
@ SilkScarf
IV: 2/31(!!)/2/22/0(...)/13
EV: 99/77/58/55/50/126
*Return
*Swords Dance
*Aerial Ace
*Dig
Methane the bully Weezing
M / Bold / Lvl 46
@Quick Claw
IV: 2/25/18/14/23/28
EV: 63/45/49/51/47/86
*Torment
*Sludge Bomb
*Thunder
*Explosion
Jellicent the drunken Spinda
M / Gentle / Lvl 45
@Everstone
IV: 4/14/29/7/23/2
EV: 43/65/35/44/36/67
*Teeter Dance
*Dizzy Punch
*Brick Break
*Double-Edge
Playful the sadist Ninetales
M / Lax/ Lvl 62
@ Focus Band
IV: 28/22/3/20/31(!)/14
EV: 61/100/61/49/110/129
*Confuse Ray
*Sunny Day
*Flamethrower
*Imprision
Ok, that was really tough. Playful had to solo Juan, but I didn't want to use any X-item (even not being on the rules); so from #7 gym I just trained him and used all spare Rare Candies, so it got to Lvl 61. But even having more than 10 levels comparing to Juan's poke, I knew I would have some serious problems defeating them, specially his Whiscash (Earthquake) and Kingdra (x4 resistences). My first strategy was to, after Confusing each poke (as stated in Playful rules), set up Sunny Day, so I could survive a little more and boost Flamethrower. After a first and early defeat (reset after Playful fell), I managed to set up and defeat all of his pokes... until that DAMN Kingdra. Even with Sunny Day, I could just 3-4HKO, but meanwhile he Doubled Team... and when you thought you would defeat him....... Rest. And Rest. And Hyper Potion. I was defeated like 5 times the same way...
...well, I thought in other options, but my fixed moves (Confuse Ray and Imprision) limit the options a lot. So I had to appeal and bought some X-Sp.Att. Then proceed for a (shameful) 6x X-sweeptheentireteam (rage note: even a +6 Sunny Day +10 lvl difference Ninetales Flamethrower vs that DAMN Kingdra just 2HKO it...). Well, it was shameful, but inside my scramble rules... well, moving on.
I'm now in front of E4 and just defeated Wally (fun note: intersting Gardevoir vs Gardevoir match, mine was victorious! \o/). Heading to end my challenge. Jellicent, it is (almost) all on your shoulders!

I can feel the original Aratas applauding at your successful completion of the tasks set forth! May the E4 be driven before you, Fencas!

For the record I am still in need of four mons for my Crystal Scramble.

DarknessOfLoyalty, take Inferior the Mantine. Inferior knows two things: One, that it is the special counterpart to Skarmory, and Two, that Skarmory is way better. Inferior wants to prove otherwise. So first of all, it must solo all Skarmory. In addition, it must learn and keep Mud-Slap due to its accuracy lowering effect, and it must learn Rest once you get to Ice Path so that it can recover damage like Skarmory can. Once you get to the E4, Inferior learns that Koga is the master of defensive techniques, and it wants to learn from him. Have it solo at least 3 of Koga's Pokemon. Finally, once you get to Kanto, Inferior wants to learn the two master defensive techniques: Toxic and Protect. (You get the TMs for them from Celadon and Fuschia City). Once it learns both of them, it sees Mud-Slap as obsolete, so it may forget it. So its final moveset must be Rest, Toxic, Protect, and a move of your choice.

To recap:
-Must learn Mud-Slap and Rest
-Must solo all Skarmory, plus at least 3 of Koga's mons
-Must learn Toxic and Protect when you get to Kanto
-Once it learns both of those moves it may forget Mud-Slap

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Darknessofloyalty, take Hellbound the Teddiursa. Hellbound is a demonic, spiteful being, who harbors hatred towards anything and everything, and acts accordingly. First off, it refuses to take help from those it hates, so you cannot use items on it. Second, if it gets sent out, it cannot be called back until it faints or the battle ends due to it's hatred towards the enemy pokemon. Third, it despises it's own frailty more than anything else, so it wants to battle the fighting types it is weak to; it must fight against Chuck, faint, then have a Revive used on it and finish Chuck off from the grave. If you do not have access to a revive at the time, he must solo Chuck's entire gym. After fighting Chuck, it may evolve.

As an Ursaring, rename it Vengeful. Vengeful died at the hands of Chuck, but has returned to wreak havoc among the ones who killed him, the fighting types. He must now solo every fighting type you come across that doesn't conflict with somebody else's challange. However, while the second rule of no retreating still applies, the first is changed. Vengeful is grateful to you for allowing him this chance at revenge, so he will allow you to use one item on him per battle.

Challenge Completed!
And I did it! After a minor difficult due the level difference between my pokes and E4's (they were all 45-50, except Playful), I trained a little (and even EV trained a little Jellicent) and went to the final challenge. But I knew that even leveled up, Jellicent challenge would be... very hard to accomplish. So I bought some X-Atk and X-Spd - well, it was not against rules... - and went face them.

- vs. Sidney: It went very smoothly. I thought that, as bully, Methane would be the best poke to start. And he did exceptionally well, defeating all but Absol (I got Tormented by Shiftry and it made a little more difficult...); then Playful finished the job. :)

- vs. Phoebe: The easiest match. Aratas told me he wanted to show how fierce he was now that defeated Willy's Gardevoir - and he soloed all her ghosts. A Calm Mind and OHKO Psychic (and TB for Sableye) against the five poke.

- vs. Glacia: Harder than I thought. Since I wouldn't face any more Electric pokes, Cocky wanted to show its potential against other type he was weak against. And he went well... at first. A Swords Dance and OHKO Sealeo and 2HKO the first Glalie, but felt against the second. Overused defeated the second, but fell to Walrein's Surf. Tried to see what Jellicent could do (warming up for his true challenge...), but he fell to a Blizzard. Aratas went again to save the day with two Thunderbolts. Two to go.

- vs. Drake: I really wanted to sweep them all with Cocky, but completely forgot of Shelgon's Rock Tomb (x4...) and that I had to change against Flygon AND Salamance as Overused wanted to show how poweful he was. He (barely) defeated Flygon, but fell to Salamance... oh well, harsh, but didn't have to reset because of this... So moved on to Methane, who finished Salamance and Altaria off, but fell to Kingdra, and won with... Jellicent! Yeah! The warm up was complete! =D

- vs. Wallace: The true challenge. A brief recap: Jellicent rules said he should solo 4 of his pokes; Overused, in the other hand, should face his both OU: Gyarados and Milotic - so Jellicent had to beat the other 4. Tough. He started with Wailord (damn Water Spout...), sent Jellicent... and danced. He... got confused (thank god, 'cause he would faint Jellicent and it would be a pain...). X-Atk on Jellicent, and he went Double-Edge; X-Atk, Double-Edge; Hyper Potion, Double-Edge; X-Atk, Double-Edge... well, you understood. 4 X-Atk and 1 X-Spd later, he began to attack. I like Thrash very much on him because of the lock (remembering that his move is always random!) and I got lucky! :D One Thrash, Wailord down; Two Thrash, Tentacruel down; Three Thrash, Whiscash down; confusion... but went Return AND Ludicolo down! First part was complete! He sent Gyarados... I switched to Overused. He Dragon Danced. I was ruined. I X-Atk Overused... and Earthquaked me.... but then I remembered if Overused fell, he would have to face the next 10 pokes. Well, let this be after Champion's match. ;-) Sent out my true champion: Aratas! Thundebolt, Gyarados dead. And 2HKO against Milotic. I won. I won! \o/

Well, thank you for all Scramble friends for the challenge. I would say it was... 7/10, mostly because the begininng of the challenge was VERY fast. Some individual remarks on the dream team:
Overused the OU-wanna-be Combusken

M / Naughty / Lvl 55
@-
Stats: 171/182/93/146/82/112
*Slash
*Blaze Kick
*Protect
*Mega Kick
> My biggest deception. I really thought it would be much more useful, but I'm not remembering a signle time it really helped, just got fainted. Naughty, naughty Overused...
Aratas the warrior Gardevoir
M / Quiet / Lvl 56
@ -
Stats: 169/95/100/177/145/117
*Psychic
*Calm Mind
*Thunderbolt
*Light Screen
> E4 Star! Calm Mind Psychic destroyed everything it touched! Also, in several hard fights it was the last poke to won the match. A truly warrior!
Cocky the reckless Ninjask
F / Adamant(!) / Lvl 55
@ SilkScarf
Stats: 146/145/64/71/67/205
*Return
*Swords Dance
*Aerial Ace
*Dig
> Even not being THE star, undoubtedly it was my preferred one (after it evolved, of course). Loved to Swords Dance and Slash/Return anything that came against her. Cocky laughed against anyone, even Electric types. Ok, it could have be better against Drake, but I liked him very much, nevertheless!
Methane the bully Weezing
M / Bold / Lvl 56
@Quick Claw
Stats: 148/115/171/115/103/100
*Torment
*Sludge Bomb
*Thunder
*Explosion
> The bully. Besides Aratas, my other "Special Sweeper". He was not that useful, but it was very funny to Self-Destruct/Explode against, well, anything that bothered.
Jellicent the drunken Spinda
M / Gentle / Lvl 61
@Everstone
Stats: 154/97/90/89/107/90
*Teeter Dance
*Dizzy Punch
*Return
*Thrash
> Oh, the pain... he was very fun to use, but those damn randomized moves... whenever I wanted to kill a single bug I had to check and.... Teeter Dance. Oh well. The lamest part, of course, was the Wallace solo, but we went very nice Thrashing everything. Kudos to Jellicent!
Playful the sadist Ninetales
M / Lax/ Lvl 63
@ Focus Band
Stats: 192/130/121/127/150/159
*Confuse Ray
*Sunny Day
*Flamethrower
*Imprision
> The real challenge of this team. When I received Playful, I knew that he would be very hard to accomplish. But he defeated Juan and Confused lots and lots of pokes. And I didn't use this damn Imprision a SINGLE time (but never took it off!).
Well, this is it. Thank you for following my journey and see you later! :)

I'm back motherfuckas! Though most of the people posting these days probably won't remember me! Anyway, I've decided that I'm finally up for another Scramble, after having abandoned my Emerald one in favor of focusing on my weekly streams (which you should totally check out btw. Don't let the inactivity of the thread fool you, we have around 10-15 people show up every week, including most of the OI's moderating staff.) While the weekly streams are great, I've found myself wanting something to grind away at in my own time, and for that reason I've come back for a new scramble! However, it's important to note that you shouldn't be expecting long written or video updates out of me this time; I already have the weekly streams for that sort of thing and I don't want this scramble to turn into a chore. I'll be making short updates every now and then based on what I remember happening, rather than taking notes/writing it up as I play like I used to. Don't worry, I'll still pepper some humor in there like before, just don't expect it to take 20 minutes to read each update like it used to :P.

The Rules:
- Pokemon Black 2 (challenge mode enabled) is the game I will be playing, since it's the Pokemon game I have the least experience with that I don't need an emulator for (I never got all the way through the post game I think). Also, I get to do it in challenge mode now! nope, nevermind, apparently the ONLY way to activate challenge mode from the start is to use wireless/IR communications with another completed Black 2 game. Seriously GF?
- Hard Difficulty But not insane. I want the challenges to be challenging, but also doable without massive over-leveling.
- 5 Pokemon Total leaving room for an HM slave. I don't want HM availability to restrict the challenges this time around and I also don't want to have 6 Pokemon but need to switch them out every 15 minutes for an HM slave because I don't want to/ am unable to give all my HMs to my main team.
- Trading aloud. In fact, if you really want to give me a Pokemon that cannot normally be obtained in Black 2, I can trade it over. Try not to make it so that every Pokemon ends up being like that though!
- All Pokemon available before 7th gym. I want a full team BEFORE I get to the end-game, thanks.
- Creative and good challenges only. I will reject any challenge that does not conform to my rules or if it's blatantly terrible. I wish I didn't have to include this rule, but past experiences have shown me that I had better just in case.
- Pokemon must be allowed to evolve fully. Assuming they do evolve, of course. Ideally they should be able to fully evolve BEFORE the Elite 4 too. I'd rather not be stuck with NFEs the whole game. Try up your difficulty in more creative ways eh?
- No permanent death! Zero tolerance for this rule. You cannot permanently kill ANY of my Pokemon. If you're wondering, this became an issue way back when TreadshotA1 was still around on here so this rule became a necessity.
- Reservations last two hours before they're void. While I don't expect this to be an issue these days, I figure I'd better put this here just in case. Reservations you make meant to be placeholders while you take your time coming up with a creative challenge, not an excuse to park a spot on my team for 2 days.

Additional guidelines:
(these are things that won't necessarily break a challenge, but seriously I'd really appreciate it if you'd follow them).
- Don't make your challenges overly complicated. Backstories are fine, but try to keep the number of restrictions you put on your submitted Pokemon to a managable level. Once you start going over 4 unique restrictions you need to take a second look at your Pokemon and see if you can't simplify it a little.
- No tedious restrictions. Restrictions that force me to grind excessively or repeat some other boring task over and over are not very welcome. If your challenge is a bad enough offender of this I might even reject it! So no "solo 1000 Ratattas" or anything ridiculous like that.
- No minimum/maximum level restrictions. These are just really annoying to maintain and pretty non-creative as well. If you want to ensure I use a weaker Pokemon, give it a difficult solo later in the game or something else instead. Anyway, I'm kind of OCD about keeping my team around the same level anyway so this is unlikely to be an issue you need to worry about.
- Try to avoid giving me Pokemon I've used in previous scrambles. If you're wondering which Pokemon those are, I have a link in my signature to a post that has links to all my previous scrambles. If you really want to double dip on one of the older ones though, that's OK as long as you restrict it in such a way that it ends up a very different experience.
- Don't restrict movesets too much. I like to be able to be creative with how I deal with my Scramblemons' restrictions, and if you lock me into one specified moveset it really puts a damper on that. It's alright to restrict me a little, but please don't decide for me what 3 of my Pokemon's moves are going to be before I even start.
- No "Solo/switch out of every X you encounter/every time Y happens" restrictions. Example: "this Pokemon must solo every trainer owned bug type you encounter" or "Switch out every time you get hit by a Bug-type move". This is simply because I forget these ones all the goddamn time. If it's REALLY integral to the challenge that you do this, it's ok, but definitely don't throw it in as an afterthought. I'll only remember it half the time anyway and it gets really annoying really quick.

Alright, I know that was a lot to read but I always believe in providing as much information as I can upfront to avoid mistakes and questions later. As for those of you waiting for Pokemon for your own challanges, I'll come back and post in a bit with a few challenges of my own. It's been a while and I think I should probably show this topic some love again!

oh also tagging Kingserperior, StallMandibuzz Hulavuta, DHR-107 and TheMantyke, since I'm sure some of them at least will want in on this action. Also Mekkah because trololololololol.

POKEMON SO FAR:

Hulavuta's Vivaldeer the Deerling

lucariomaster2's Joey the Rattata

chaostothemax's Narcolepsy the Mareep

Mulan15262's Copier the Sigilyph

Powergo1's BurnOut the Tepig

Last edited:
Fencas congratulations! Enjoy your hard-earned victory!

Jimera0 Id like to reserve a pokemon; I just have to go throughout your previous mons before I make it.

Darknessofloyalty, take Hellbound the Teddiursa. Hellbound is a demonic, spiteful being, who harbors hatred towards anything and everything, and acts accordingly. First off, it refuses to take help from those it hates, so you cannot use items on it. Second, if it gets sent out, it cannot be called back until it faints or the battle ends due to it's hatred towards the enemy pokemon. Third, it despises it's own frailty more than anything else, so it wants to battle the fighting types it is weak to; it must fight against Chuck, faint, then have a Revive used on it and finish Chuck off from the grave. If you do not have access to a revive at the time, he must solo Chuck's entire gym. After fighting Chuck, it may evolve.

As an Ursaring, rename it Vengeful. Vengeful died at the hands of Chuck, but has returned to wreak havoc among the ones who killed him, the fighting types. He must now solo every fighting type you come across that doesn't conflict with somebody else's challange. However, while the second rule of no retreating still applies, the first is changed. Vengeful is grateful to you for allowing him this chance at revenge, so he will allow you to use one item on him per battle.
Sorry but this directly contradicts with the given challenge for Fairy the Snubbull as she is it be used agaisnt all fighting types, thus making her have to solo the Cianwood gym. due to this conflict of challenges I regtfully inform you that I must reject Hellbound.

Challenge Completed!
And I did it! After a minor difficult due the level difference between my pokes and E4's (they were all 45-50, except Playful), I trained a little (and even EV trained a little Jellicent) and went to the final challenge. But I knew that even leveled up, Jellicent challenge would be... very hard to accomplish. So I bought some X-Atk and X-Spd - well, it was not against rules... - and went face them.

- vs. Sidney: It went very smoothly. I thought that, as bully, Methane would be the best poke to start. And he did exceptionally well, defeating all but Absol (I got Tormented by Shiftry and it made a little more difficult...); then Playful finished the job. :)

- vs. Phoebe: The easiest match. Aratas told me he wanted to show how fierce he was now that defeated Willy's Gardevoir - and he soloed all her ghosts. A Calm Mind and OHKO Psychic (and TB for Sableye) against the five poke.

- vs. Glacia: Harder than I thought. Since I wouldn't face any more Electric pokes, Cocky wanted to show its potential against other type he was weak against. And he went well... at first. A Swords Dance and OHKO Sealeo and 2HKO the first Glalie, but felt against the second. Overused defeated the second, but fell to Walrein's Surf. Tried to see what Jellicent could do (warming up for his true challenge...), but he fell to a Blizzard. Aratas went again to save the day with two Thunderbolts. Two to go.

- vs. Drake: I really wanted to sweep them all with Cocky, but completely forgot of Shelgon's Rock Tomb (x4...) and that I had to change against Flygon AND Salamance as Overused wanted to show how poweful he was. He (barely) defeated Flygon, but fell to Salamance... oh well, harsh, but didn't have to reset because of this... So moved on to Methane, who finished Salamance and Altaria off, but fell to Kingdra, and won with... Jellicent! Yeah! The warm up was complete! =D

- vs. Wallace: The true challenge. A brief recap: Jellicent rules said he should solo 4 of his pokes; Overused, in the other hand, should face his both OU: Gyarados and Milotic - so Jellicent had to beat the other 4. Tough. He started with Wailord (damn Water Spout...), sent Jellicent... and danced. He... got confused (thank god, 'cause he would faint Jellicent and it would be a pain...). X-Atk on Jellicent, and he went Double-Edge; X-Atk, Double-Edge; Hyper Potion, Double-Edge; X-Atk, Double-Edge... well, you understood. 4 X-Atk and 1 X-Spd later, he began to attack. I like Thrash very much on him because of the lock (remembering that his move is always random!) and I got lucky! :D One Thrash, Wailord down; Two Thrash, Tentacruel down; Three Thrash, Whiscash down; confusion... but went Return AND Ludicolo down! First part was complete! He sent Gyarados... I switched to Overused. He Dragon Danced. I was ruined. I X-Atk Overused... and Earthquaked me.... but then I remembered if Overused fell, he would have to face the next 10 pokes. Well, let this be after Champion's match. ;-) Sent out my true champion: Aratas! Thundebolt, Gyarados dead. And 2HKO against Milotic. I won. I won! \o/

Well, thank you for all Scramble friends for the challenge. I would say it was... 7/10, mostly because the begininng of the challenge was VERY fast. Some individual remarks on the dream team:

Well, this is it. Thank you for following my journey and see you later! :)
Congratulations Fencas! With Aratas' strength known to the world, and guided there by your hand I'm sure this is a journey his soul shall not forget!

Sorry but this directly contradicts with the given challenge for Fairy the Snubbull as she is it be used agaisnt all fighting types, thus making her have to solo the Cianwood gym. due to this conflict of challenges I regtfully inform you that I must reject Hellbound.
Argh, I totally messed up. I'll come up with a different one that doesn't clash.

Jimera0 Take Subluminal the Snivy. Subluminal the Snivy wants to move faster than light itself. However, it can not. As such, it may not use any light-based moves, and it must swich out against pokemon that use them (Confuse Ray, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Rage, DragonBreath, Earth Power, Energy Ball, Flash, Flash Cannon, Focus Blast, Glare, Heal Pulse, Hyper Beam, Light Screen, Mean Look, Mirror Coat, Moonlight, Morning Sun, SolarBeam, Sunny Day, Synthesis). Because it wants to be so fast, ideally it would have a + speed nature and 31 speed IVs (these are suggestions, not rules, because there is about a .5% chance of a random Snivy having such requirements met).

It also has heard Team Rocket's motto of "Team Rock blasts off at the speed of light." As such, it wants to help Team Rocket, so they can spread their superluminal technique. Since it can't go to Kanto or Johto and join Team Rocket there, it must try to obstruct Team Rocket's foes. And since Team Rocket and Team Plasma are both aiming for global domination, it figures the two of them must be butting heads (Metaphorically, that is. I'll save a challenge based off of some idiom for later). As such, from when the first Team Plasma member mentions their goal of global domination (or when a pokemon uses Mind Reader on a Team Plasma member's pokemon as well, if you are fine with that), it must battle against as many Team Plasma members as possible (solos, scenarios where it can't fight, scenarios where it can fight, but can't win, et cetera exempt), and perform as well as it can in those battles.

It also knows that no pokemon is faster than light. It, therefore, does not want a pokemon to be faster than it, for that would mean it is not faster than light by a long shot. As such, it may not battle against a pokemon faster than it (factoring in natures, speed stat, level, EVs, IVs, and stat stages, but not priority or items).

If you want to, you can breed Subluminal to give it perfect IVs, an ideal nature, and/or egg moves. However, doing so is not required.

Last edited:
Jimera0 Take Subluminal the Snivy. Subluminal the Snivy wants to move faster than light itself. However, it can not. As such, it may not use any light-based moves, and it must swich out against pokemon that use them (Confuse Ray, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Rage, DragonBreath, Earth Power, Energy Ball, Flash, Flash Cannon, Focus Blast, Glare, Heal Pulse, Hyper Beam, Light Screen, Mean Look, Mirror Coat, Moonlight, Morning Sun, SolarBeam, Sunny Day, Synthesis).

Will finish later
The second part of that restriction won't fly. I should've been a bit broader "no solo every X" to include things like switching out and the like. I'm even less likely to remember to switch out of a bunch of random moves than I am to remember to fight a specific type of Pokemon.

EDIT: On second thought, it should be OK as long as I only have to switch out when said moves are actually used on Subluminal. While there's no chance in hell I'll remember to switch out of Pokemon capable of using such moves, it's easier to remember this stuff when it's something I have to react to in the middle of a fight, as opposed to something I have to remember at the start of one.

The second part of that restriction won't fly. I should've been a bit broader "no solo every X" to include things like switching out and the like. I'm even less likely to remember to switch out of a bunch of random moves than I am to remember to fight a specific type of Pokemon.

EDIT: On second thought, it should be OK as long as I only have to switch out when said moves are actually used on Subluminal. While there's no chance in hell I'll remember to switch out of Pokemon capable of using such moves, it's easier to remember this stuff when it's something I have to react to in the middle of a fight, as opposed to something I have to remember at the start of one.
Yes, I did mean just pokemon that use them (and it would have to be used on Subluminal, not just pokemon that have used them). I'll go and finish it up now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)