Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

birdcrest
Take Unethical the Deerling, but not just any Deerling, the Deerling that knows Serene Grace and is given to you by the scientists on Route 6. See these Deerling was given to you not because the scientists were treating it poorly, just the opposite, the Deerling was doing it's own unethical study on the scientists. To evolve, Unethical must study 5 different trainer classes, one of which must be a Doctor/Nurse. Solo 1 trainer of 4 different trainer classes of your choice and one Doctor/Nurse to be able to evolve. Additionally Unethical must always know at least one of the four moves you obtained it with to remember where it came from.

Gl;hf.

Sorry for the double post.

So I've come to the conclusion that, while I haven't completely abandoned my Heartgold Scramble, I've lost the motivation to play it, and because I actually quite enjoy writing my updates, (and I'm starting to notice doing updates isn't much of a thing anymore) I've decided to do another Scramble. I will, eventually, complete the HeartGold Scramble, don't worry (but it may be a very long time away, like maybe years, I don't know).

Without further adieu:
Pokemon Black Scramble Challange
Hard difficulty
> Provided there is no crazy amount of grinding (such as lv 100 Starmie or requiring a Pokemon with virtually zero offensive presence, let's say, Onix, for example, to defeat it's evolved form, who, not only has a type advantage over it, but is also one the best physical walls in the game. Or like that whole thing with, I think it was ShinySkarmory's Zubat vs Skyla's Skarmory, for those of who've been around long enough to remember that whole incident.)
Trading is available for evolutions or to get a Pokemon that is exclusive to White version.
Probably goes without saying, but I'm probably not going to bother with the post-e4 content.

Other than that, go nuts I guess.

QT the Skitty Snaquaza
Bob/Sue the Yamask/Litwik/Frillish Hulavuta
Eavee the Sandile PSDuckie
Colourful the Oshawatt Shiny Dratini
Classy the Pidove Squilliams7008
Str0nk the Venipede Snaquaza (again)

I sure hope these coding things work the way I remember them working.

Last edited:

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sorry for the double post.

So I've come to the conclusion that, while I haven't completely abandoned my Heartgold Scramble, I've lost the motivation to play it, and because I actually quite enjoy writing my updates, (and I'm starting to notice doing updates isn't much of a thing anymore) I've decided to do another Scramble. I will, eventually, complete the HeartGold Scramble, don't worry (but it may be a very long time away, like maybe years, I don't know).

Without further adieu:
Pokemon Black Scramble Challange
Hard difficulty
> Provided there is no crazy amount of grinding (such as lv 100 Starmie or requiring a Pokemon with virtually zero offensive presence, let's say, Onix, for example, to defeat it's evolved form, who, not only has a type advantage over it, but is also one the best physical walls in the game. Or like that whole thing with, I think it was ShinySkarmory's Zubat vs Skyla's Skarmory, for those of who've been around long enough to remember that whole incident.)
Trading is available for evolutions or to get a Pokemon that is exclusive to White version.
Probably goes without saying, but I'm probably not going to bother with the post-e4 content.

Other than that, go nuts I guess.
Take QT the female Skitty Thought Black2, take Mincinno instead.

QT has always been a very popular girl in her community and still wants to be that!

~QT must have Cute Charm
~QT must have Attract
~QT must have Assist Encore
~QT must have Charm
~QT may have one other attack.

Now onto the in-battle rules!
Male:
~Lead with Attract.
~Uses Charm until the opponent has only been infatuated once.
~May do whatever afterwards.
~May not switch out.
Female:
~Lead with Charm
~Use Assist Encore, choose a Pokemon that resists the type of the move.
~Switch.
No Gender:
~May not battle, switch out immediately.

Other Rules:
~QT may not have the lowest level on your team.
~QT must solo 2 Male Gym Leaders/Elite Four/Other Major Battles
~QT may evolve after the first solo.

Good Luck; Have Fun! Do Skitty if you can trade, with Encore, switch to the Pokemon of which it called a move.

Last edited:

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
My good friend Recec here is a challange for you. This is a two part challange that I sort of ripped off from biggie. When you get to the place where you can catch those weird monkey Pokemon (Pansage, Panpour, Pansear), catch the first one that you find. Take note of its gender and nature. After that, go deposit the rest of your team and solo Pokemon with your monkey without healing it or restoring its PP until it faints. After that, put it in the PC or release it; it is dead. Remember what Pokemon finally defeated it.

Now, depending on which monkey you got, it will correspond to a certain ghost: Pansear becomes Litwick, Pansage becomes Yamask, and Panpour becomes Frillish (or any of their evolutions). You must catch your monkey's ghost so that it can get its revenge. But how do you know if it is your monkey's ghost or someone else's ghost? Well, it will have to have the same gender and nature! (If that is too tedious you can just make it gender)

The ghost wants revenge on the person who killed it, but it doesn't remember exactly which one it was, just the species. It will try to kill all of the Pokemon that is the same species or an evolution of the Pokemon that killed it.

Depending on how many of the Pokemon it has killed, it will remove certain restrictions. At the beginning, it cannot hold or use items and all of its moves must be lower than 50 BP.

After soloing 10: It can hold an item and use moves up to 60 BP

After soloing 20: You can use items on it

After soloing 30: It can use moves up to 80 BP

After soloing 40: It can use moves with any BP

When it comes against trainers who have the Pokemon that killed it, it must switch in and beat it. If it comes against another Ghost, it will refuse to battle.

Let me know if you need anything changed or have any questions!

Recec, take Eavee the Sandile.

Notice something about the nickname? Yup, this Sandile thinks it's an Eevee. Thus, it may only use moves that can also be learned by Eevee (moves learned by the Eeveelutions but not Eevee itself do not count for this purpose).

Solo Clay to evolve into Krokorok, because you wanted a hard difficulty and I'm not going to give you a free evolution.

To evolve into Krookodile, Eavee must solo one Pokemon of each type that Eevee evolves into (excluding Fairy-type, obviously, since this is Black version). After evolving into Krookodile, Eavee now thinks it is an Umbreon and may only use moves that can also be learned by Umbreon.

Is this challenging enough? If not, I can try to make it harder.

My good friend Hulavuta Accepted, on one condiiton, does the Monkey/Ghost have a name? Other than that this one sounds pretty interesting.
PSDuckie Accepted. Sandile has offensive presence, (unlike certain other Ground types that I've been forced to solo gyms with, yes I'm still butt-hurt about it) but it still sounds plenty difficult.
Snaquaza Accepted. I'm fine to trade over a Skitty. So I'll just trade over QT the Skitty once I get to Castelia.

Three more, thanks guys.

Last edited:

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Recec ah, how did I forget about the name? Haha. If it is male, name him Bob. If it is female, name her Sue. The ghost shall be either "Ghost Bob" or "Ghost Sue" respectively.

UPDATE #3:

Upon trying to exit Azalea Town, I encounter Chalang, who seems to be skeptical of my claim that I defeated Team Rocket (of course my Zubat can beat their Zubats; Headstrong's at a higher level!). Headstrong himself leads this encounter. A Bite attack KOs Gastly, but Bayleef proves to be a pain with Synthesis restoring health and Reflect lowering the damage of my Wing Attack. I decide that my best option is to U-turn out of the battle into Athlete, who can lower Bayleef's Defense with Leer. Athlete is KOed by Razor Leaf, but not before lowering Bayleef's Defense enough that Headstrong's Wing Attack is an easy 2HKO. Yay for teamwork! As an afterthought, Headstrong easily crushes Chalang's Zubat.

I catch some Farfetch'd and get Cut. While Athlete can learn it, challange restrictions mean that I don't have to teach Cut to it. I teach it to my HM Servant Bellsprout and use it to go through Ilex Forest to Goldenrod City. I do some training in the route north of Goldenrod City (mostly to see if the Pokéathlon is open, which it isn’t), and Headstrong evolves into a Golbat.

Now it’s time to fight Whitney with two male Pokémon, one of which is unevolved and the other of which is weak to Rollout! I stop for a moment, reconsider my situation, and ride on my bike until Headstrong evolves into Crobat. I fight Whitney, give Headstrong two X Attacks and one X Defense, and beat her easily. Phew.

CURRENT TEAM:
Badges: 3
(Grayed-out moves are unusable thanks to Scramble Challange rules).

"Athlete" the Totodile, Lv. 22
-Scary Face
-Leer
-Ice Fang
-Rage
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Lax
Characteristic: Somewhat vain.
Stats: 57/39/42/27/29/27
Comments: Athlete is getting more lackluster by the minute. Hopefully the situation improves when he evolves into Croconaw, but I'm almost certain that Headstrong will still overshadow him. I might be starting to regret the change to Ice Fang thanks to its lower PP – 15 isn't bad, but it's Athlete's only usable attacking move.

"Headstrong" the Crobat, Lv. 25
-U-turn
-Wing Attack
-Astonish
-Bite
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Quirky
Characteristic: Often dozes off.
Stats: 86/55/50/48/50/73
Gym Pokémon Soloed: 7 Johto, 0 Kanto
Elite 4 Pokémon Soloed: 0 First Round, 0 Second Round
Red's Pokémon Soloed: 0
Leads Against Chalang: 1
Comments: Crobat is so powerful for this point in the game, and even beyond. I'm sure that he'll be my top Pokémon for a while yet. Headstrong has soloed all the gyms so far.

Last edited:
I'll take a medium difficulty Platinum Scramble. I had a scramble that never got going a while ago, but I'm determined to finish one this time around.

EDIT: I'm also able to trade to evolve and would like at least one pokemon to do so. I would also like to use Torterra as a starter.

I'll send out a few scramblemons to those who need them as well:

birdcrest Take Special the Zubat
Zubat feels special to be chosen by a trainer and as such, would like to learn as many special moves as possible. Special must learn 2 special moves before evolving into a Golbat and as a Golbat, must only have special (and status) moves as soon as possible. As a Crobat, Special may learn Fly, as appreciation for being chosen by you.

Recec Take Colourful the Oshawott
Colourful is a very odd kind of Oshawott and would like to be as different as possible. He must have four moves of different types as soon as possible and must have four different typed moves before evolving into Dewott (you must also keep four different types of moves for the rest of the game). As a Dewott, Colourful must solo Skyla and may subsequently evolve. As a Samurott, Colourful wants to be even more different and always wants to hold a different item. You must switch items and not reuse one after every major battle for the rest of the game (even between every Elite 4 battle).

Reserving a mon for AOPSUser as well.

Last edited:

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll take a medium difficulty Platinum Scramble. I had a scramble that never got going a while ago, but I'm determined to finish one this time around.

EDIT: I'm also able to trade to evolve and would like at least one pokemon to do so. I would also like to use Torterra as a starter.

I'll send out a few scramblemons to those who need them as well:

birdcrest Take Special the Zubat
Zubat feels special to be chosen by a trainer and as such, would like to learn as many special moves as possible. Special must learn 2 special moves before evolving into a Golbat and as a Golbat, must only have special (and status) moves as soon as possible. As a Crobat, Special may learn Fly, as appreciation for being chosen by you.

Recec Take Colourful the Oshawott
Colourful is a very odd kind of Oshawott and would like to be as different as possible. He must have four moves of different types as soon as possible and must have four different typed moves before evolving into Dewott (you must also keep four different types of moves for the rest of the game). As a Dewott, Colourful must solo Skyla and may subsequently evolve. As a Samurott, Colourful wants to be even more different and always wants to hold a different item. You must switch items and not reuse one after every major battle for the rest of the game (even between every Elite 4 battle).

Reserving a mon for AOPSUser as well.
Take Frozen the Snorunt

As soon as this Snorunt heard about the movie Frozen, he was determined to help with it!
Rules:
~ Must have 3 Ice Type attacks.
~ Pokemon that are Frozen may not be thawed in any case, they must get rid of the freeze themself. (So no Full Heal/Ice Heal/Pokemon Center etc.)

If Male: Evolve to Glalie
Rename Frozen to Effects. It has finally gotten a carrier helping the movie frozen! Effects helps with the Special Effects.
~ Rules of Frozen are abandoned
~ Must use Hail whenever it switches in.
~ May only use attacks which are boosted by Sheer Force (Secondary Effects)

If Female: Evolve to Froslass
Rename Frozen to Anna. It got a role in Frozen! It has to do its best to make it look great!
~ Rules of Frozen are abandoned.
~ Must learn 2 Attacks which can cause a Freeze.
~ Whenever it freezes the opponent, switch out.

However, in any form, it must solo Flint: He burns away the snow!

Good luck; Have fun

I'll accept Frozen the Snorunt. I assume keeping the freeze active refers to all members of my team?

AOPSUser take Fishy the Stunfisk

Fishy thinks it's a fish, so it must keep Camouflage as a move and use it whenever you have a battle on water. It must also have 2 water type moves at all times. If you are going to continue after defeating Ghetsis, it must learn Fissure (as it sounds like fish) and use it first in any battle that it's in. It must also defeat one of Alder's pokemon with Fissure.

Have fun!

Snaquaza

KACAW
I'll accept Frozen the Snorunt. I assume keeping the freeze active refers to all members of my team?

AOPSUser take Fishy the Stunfisk

Fishy thinks it's a fish, so it must keep Camouflage as a move and use it whenever you have a battle on water. It must also have 2 water type moves at all times. If you are going to continue after defeating Ghetsis, it must learn Fissure (as it sounds like fish) and use it first in any battle that it's in. It must also defeat one of Alder's pokemon with Fissure.

Have fun!
Yea all members

Shiny Dratini Colourful the Oshawatt is accepted. (He actually seems like a toned-down version of RNG the Mudkip from my Emerald Scramble, and he was one of my favourites.)

Sticking with movie themed Pokemon, take Toothless the Gible. (Because I just watched that movie last night.) This Gible/Gabite/Garchomp has become injured and can no longer fly (because according to the anime and the Pokedex, that's something they can do) so it must know at least two ground type moves at all time. Gible may not evolve until after obtaining the HM for Fly. Gabite must solo Volkner to evolve into Garchomp.

I hope that this sort of difficulty is alright.
Don't hesitate to ask if it's too hard/easy, or you need something cleared up.

Gl;hf

You wanted a trade evolution, you got a trade evolution.

Take Asp the male Abra.

* Asp cannot ever use Physical moves or participate in a double battle. Ever.
* Asp must always keep two Psychic-type moves in his learnset.
* If Asp's health enters the yellow in any battle, you must immediately use one standard Potion on him. He may not accept any other healing items, with the exception of Berries, when his health is in the yellow or the red.
* To evolve to Kadabra, solo Maylene.
* To evolve to Alakazam, solo Byron.
* Finally, solo Lucian to prove that the Abra line is the master of all Psychic types!

If this is too hard or too easy, please let me know and I'll adjust it.

EDIT: Updated the post with the correct restrictions

Last edited:
Recec I'll accept Toothless the Gible. I thought soloing Volkner would be too easy, but then I looked up that Gabite can't learn Swords Dance! What movie is this from, BTW?

PSDuckie I like the Abra (nice early game catch) although I think its first two restrictions aren't that bad. Would you be able to add another restriction? Also, I'll have to drop the Volkner solo since Recec's Gible took it already. I think two solos would be good enough though (especially Byron's).

I need 3 more pokemon to start the scramble!

RececPSDuckie I like the Abra (nice early game catch) although I think its first two restrictions aren't that bad. Would you be able to add another restriction? Also, I'll have to drop the Volkner solo since Recec's Gible took it already. I think two solos would be good enough though (especially Byron's).
Actually, dropping Volkner's solo would leave three solos (Maylene, Byron, and Lucian). Regardless, I thought of another restriction.

* If Asp's health enters the yellow in any battle, you must immediately use one standard Potion on him. He may not accept any other healing items, with the exception of Berries, when his health is in the yellow or the red.

The standard Potion is as close as I could get to losing a turn. I hope you like it!

Update #4:

I bring Athlete, Headstrong, and my HM Servant Geodude (yay, I can use it) to the Speed Course in the Pokéathlon. Athlete, being the points leader, is extremely excited and finally wants to evolve. I now have a Croconaw!

I get some items and the Swords Dance TM at the Game Corner, and then make my way up to Ecruteak City. In a route to the west, I catch Invincible the Tauros, who seems intent on covering all of its weaknesses. I train him up until he learns Payback and then enter the Burned Tower, where I defeat Chalang without any difficulties. And that’s something I never got – why can’t I turn Chalang in to the police for stealing Professor Elm’s Pokémon? Morty, a respected authority figure, is standing right there. I’m sure we could keep Chalang there and call the police! Oh well. Anyway, I explore Burned Tower and enter Ecruteak Gym.

I’m required to solo Morty with Invincible, but I would have anyway. Morty is a complete pushover thanks to Invincible’s Shadow Ball immunity (the only damaging attack he could use on me was Sucker Punch). Now I’ve got four badges!

Badges: 4

"Athlete" the Croconaw, Lv. 26
-Scary Face
-Leer
-Ice Fang
-Swords Dance
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Lax
Characteristic: Somewhat vain.
Stats: 75/54/58/39/41/39
Comments: Evolution and Swords Dance have definitely helped Athlete out a lot. Swords Dance has proven useful many times to help bypass resistances to Ice Fang and the like. It should also help out a lot in the Bruno solo.

"Headstrong" the Crobat, Lv. 26
-U-turn
-Wing Attack
-Astonish
-Bite
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Quirky
Characteristic: Often dozes off.
Stats: 90/57/51/49/52/76
Gym Pokémon Soloed: 7 Johto, 0 Kanto
Elite 4 Pokémon Soloed: 0 First Round, 0 Second Round
Red's Pokémon Soloed: 0
Leads Against Chalang: 2
Comments: Nothing much has changed about Headstrong since the last update. He's still fast, strong, and a great asset to the team with his wide variety of moves.

"Invincible" the Tauros, Lv. 28
-Payback
-Rock Smash
-Strength
-Scary Face
Ability: Anger Point
Nature: Lonely
Characteristic: Scatters things often.
Stats: 85/69/54/33/46/74
Morty Solo: Complete
Chuck Solo: Incomplete
Comments: Headstrong's massive Attack (yay for +Attack natures) is amazing, although the fact that I'm forced to teach it two HMs is not. Invincible shouldn't have much trouble defeating the Ghost- and Psychic-types he must battle (he learns Zen Headbutt in one level).

Snaquaza I'd appreciate another challange.

Normally, I'd prefer to only do one Pokemon per person, but when there is only about 4 other people still active on the thread, it's a bit hard to justify that rule.

Recec, take "Classy" the Pidove. Classy thinks that he/she is far too sophisticated for lower class healing methods like potions, or berries, or worse... the public pokemon center where all lower class pokemon heal (therefore you cannot heal him/her with typical potions, berries, or the pokemon center). He only allows you to heal him with the finest of all healing methods: Max potions, Full restores, Full heals, Revives, and Max Revives (and he can be healed on a blackout if one happens). He must be absolutely sure that he is fancier than everyone else, he must win A Sweet Soirée at the Pokemon Musical in Nimbasa City 10 times before evolving into Tranquil. He must then solo 2 gyms before evolving into Unfezant to prove his potential at being the classiest bird around.

Please notify me if this is too difficult or easy because I am VERY new to the scramble challange (in fact, this is my very first post on the smogon forums).

Recec, take "Classy" the Pidove. Classy thinks that he/she is far too sophisticated for lower class healing methods like potions, or berries, or worse... the public pokemon center where all lower class pokemon heal (therefore you cannot heal him/her with typical potions, berries, or the pokemon center). He only allows you to heal him with the finest of all healing methods: Max potions, Full restores, Full heals, Revives, and Max Revives (and he can be healed on a blackout if one happens). He must be absolutely sure that he is fancier than everyone else, he must win A Sweet Soirée at the Pokemon Musical in Nimbasa City 10 times before evolving into Tranquil. He must then solo 2 gyms before evolving into Unfezant to prove his potential at being the classiest bird around.

Please notify me if this is too difficult or easy because I am VERY new to the scramble challange (in fact, this is my very first post on the smogon forums).
First off, welcome to Smogon.

2nd: The only problem I have with this is, if I need to heal the rest of my team, I'd need to deposit Classy in the PC, which heals him anyway. As soon as I have the ability to purchase the items you listed, then I'll heal him up that way, and then just use the Pokemon Centre (because technically he's not being healed, aside from PP, but you can't buy PP restoring stuff, so... yeah.)

I don't have a problem with doing it the way I suggested as long as you're okay with it.
It's not like the first time this has happened to me, one time I was supposed to have a Drowzee that used Rest in every 3rd battle, it had Insomnia, so I just worked around it, keeping in the spirit of the original challange.

First off, welcome to Smogon.

2nd: The only problem I have with this is, if I need to heal the rest of my team, I'd need to deposit Classy in the PC, which heals him anyway. As soon as I have the ability to purchase the items you listed, then I'll heal him up that way, and then just use the Pokemon Centre (because technically he's not being healed, aside from PP, but you can't buy PP restoring stuff, so... yeah.)

I don't have a problem with doing it the way I suggested as long as you're okay with it.
It's not like the first time this has happened to me, one time I was supposed to have a Drowzee that used Rest in every 3rd battle, it had Insomnia, so I just worked around it, keeping in the spirit of the original challange.
I'm fine with you doing it the way you suggested.
If you need to bend the rules a bit to make it work then go for it. I have no problem with that.
Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)