Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Professor science, take a Mantine named ICanFly. It must learn and keep Bounce as soon as possible, and may only use physical attacking moves. Since ICanFly truly believes he can, in fact, fly, he must solo a Pokemon using Bounce every time you want to use Fly outside of battle. In addition, ICanFly is very jealous of the real Flyer in your team, and so if they are ever both out in a double battle, ICanFly MUST kill the flyer before the end of the battle. If that means you lose - to bad.
No Other Restrictions.
Oh, i just realised Mantine isn't available in SS -.-. Hopefully you can trade so that you can still get ICanFly?

Professor Science, Take Starter the Cyndaquil. It prides itself on being your first Pokemon and wants to prove no other Pokemon are better than it. It doesn't want to share you with any other Pokemon, so it may never participate in any Double Battles. When you send it out, it wants to prove itself better than the rest so it may not switch out. It wants to show its power so it may only use damaging moves like if it was under the effect of Taunt. Since it is your starter Pokemon, it thinks its entitled to certain solos, so it must solo Falkner or Bugsy, Morty or Pryce, All Team Rocket Admins in the Radio Tower, Brock or Misty, and Blaine or Blue. Its alot of solos, but it feels they are required to prove itself.

Summary:
-No Double Battles
-No Switching out
-Under the effect of Taunt
-Solo Falkner or Bugsy
-Solo Morty or Pryce
-Solo All Team Rocket Admins in the Radio Tower
-Solo Brock or Misty
-Solo Blaine or Blue

Good luck!

@ Treadshot
Serves me right for asking too many questions I guess :)
I'll take Titan anyway, thanks!

@ gamer4000
I'll probably regret this one too, but like DUMBO i'm a bit slow.
I have to use one of: rock polish, harden, sandstorm every time he is sent into battle?

@ King Serperior
Yessss, I love Hoothoot/Noctowl!!!!!!!!!

@ FastFlygon
Sorry, I'm going to have to reject ICanFly. While I don't mind trading to evolve, I'd prefer not to trade for the actual poke. Still, I love the challange. Something similar to replace it maybe?

Chapter 2 is up! Link is in signature. Already interesting to see the hierarchy in my team and the different dynamics. Insomniac really needs to get a move or something soon that makes him useful, or he could become dead weight...

@ Professor Science: You have to use all three, but you can change it to one if you want.
However, you still have to keep those moves, and you have to use all three against the Steelix and Lance.

Ok, take two:
Professor Science, take OohShiny the Goldeen. OohShiny has ADHD, so it may never use the same move twice in a row, exactly as if it was under the effects of torment. It may only ever attack four times in a row before switching out - having the same target for too long is boring. The only exception is in a double battle, where it may stay in for eight turns provided it only attacks each enemy four times. OohShiny may never use non-attacking moves with the exception of Rain Dance, because they're not exciting enough.
OohShiny eventually undergoes Hypnotherapy to help it cope with it's ADHD, so after it had been hit by the move Hypnosis six times, it may evolve into Seaking. This Seaking must be renamed ImBored, because the Hypnotherapy has removed it's enthusiasm for the world. The only thing that can get it excited now is mindless slaughter (Not sure that Haunter Hypnotherapist was entirely legit...) and so the only move it may ever use is Horn Drill. If it chooses to attack, it must reamin in and continue to spam Horn Drill until it scores a KO.
(If you evolve before you know Horn Drill, you are alowed to train it provided it is the only Pokemon in your party. If there is no alternative, it will have to do the job, it supposes. However, you may not proceed with the story in any significant way until it has learned the only thing it enjoys.)
Hopefully that one is doable. Enjoy!

Guys, I'm putting my Diamond Scramble on hold.
Blame it on the Sinnoh Victory Road, I always get hopelessly lost.
I recently picked up LeafGreen at a garbage garage sale, and I think I'm going to Nuzlocke it.

Somebody wish me luck, I'll be back to finish my Scramble when my pokes inevitably die horrible deaths.

I'm not sure that's entirely relevant. Most of these suggestions are wasted teamslots compared to what people could be using, but that's kind of the fun of the challange. Succeeding against the odds with a unique team.
Regardless, it can still use Surf/Waterfall/Whirlpool outside of battle, so it's not a waste anyway.
Plus, Horn Drill can kill things. Ok it's pretty innaccurate but if it hits it's a free kill.

I'm not sure that's entirely relevant. Most of these suggestions are wasted teamslots compared to what people could be using, but that's kind of the fun of the challange. Succeeding against the odds with a unique team.
Regardless, it can still use Surf/Waterfall/Whirlpool outside of battle, so it's not a waste anyway.
Plus, Horn Drill can kill things. Ok it's pretty innaccurate but if it hits it's a free kill.
lolwut? Of course its relevant! Sure, while sane people would never use some of these restrictions in normal in-game play, its still a waste of a team slot for the Scramble. There's a difference between succeeding against the odds and going so over the top with an aspect of luck that if the person isn't lucky, it will never do anything.
Oh, and having justification as an HM slave is just wrong. Its like saying Bidoof is a god (EDIT: To someone who isn't EndQuote).

In a Scramble challenge, the person should not be compelled to stop their pokes from evolving unless that's the specific point of the challenge (and even then, those are given to people who want really hard challenges... or are the victim of Treadshot's challenges).

There also comes the fact that, with Horn Dril, you're stuck with a Goldeen until lvl 41 (which is ok if the challenge specifically said that), but after it evolves, you will never be able to kill anything that's lvl 42 without the use of EXP. Share or the Day-Care Center, where, once again, the challenge should not include unless they want a really hard challenge. /endrant

Oh, and having justification as an HM slave is just wrong. Its like saying Bidoof is a god.
Whoa, slow down there, mate.
I don't mind if you insult me, my family, or my inability to EV train properly, but insulting my religious beliefs is quite out of the question.
Us Bidoofians have been persecuted for centuries since Diamond and Pearl came out, and I'm not about to stand here while you condemn The Holy Buck-Toothed One.
May his teeth shine upon you.

Edit: It really is up to Professor Science. (His name seems so intelligent...)
I'd accept it, if it were "When facing a foe at a lower level, Seaking can only use Horn Drill"

There also comes the fact that, with Horn Dril, you're stuck with a Goldeen until lvl 41 (which is ok if the challenge specifically said that), but after it evolves, you will never be able to kill anything that's lvl 42 without the use of EXP. Share or the Day-Care Center, where, once again, the challenge should not include unless they want a really hard challenge. /endrant
Horn Drill Seaking would be viable for an insane challange but Professor Science did ask for it to be not too hard. So FastFlygon, why not change and have it lead with Horn Drill then use other attacks? Horn Drill being the only attacking move might make it get rejected.

I agree with everyone else. Horn Drill Seaking is a bit too... worthless? How about moves that involve STAB-ing? So things that involve the world "Horn" or are Water-typed.

Professor Science, take Trifoce the Heracross (sorry everyone who was expecting a Link challenge). As you know (and if you don't, play a Zelda game. Now), he stands for Power, Wisdom, and Courage. Because of that, it can only learn moves in the Tough (in honor of the Gerudo king Ganondorf), Smart (in honor of Link's abilities to actually get through all of these puzzles thrown at him), or Beauty (Zelda's hot, you know its true) category.
He is incredibly pissed that Ganondorf is not in Skyward Sword, so it must solo 25 Flying types before you can use him against a Gym Leader.
He must solo Morty, as his evil pokes are always trying to invade the Sacred Realm.

In a Scramble challenge, the person should not be compelled to stop their pokes from evolving unless that's the specific point of the challenge (and even then, those are given to people who want really hard challenges... or are the victim of Treadshot's challenges).
I'm a victim of Treadshot :(

Reserving Professor Sciences last poke. I haven't given a challenge in a while.

Take a female Water-type pokemon, and name her whatever you want. She's in love with you, but if you don't ride on her when you surf she'll feel unwanted, and leave you. This does not apply before you catch her, obviously. She also enjoys to kill off pokemon that could steal your affections, so she must solo all female pokemon belonging to Gym Leaders (unless it conflicts with other solos) and she may never be on the field in a Double battle with another female pokemon belonging to you.

After you defeat the Elite Four (for the first time), she becomes even more obsessed with you, and also feels even more upset at any mistakes you make. From this point forward, you must heal her immediately if she gains a damaging status effect or goes below half health. If you fail to heal her, you will not be able to have her in your party for the next 24 hours in real life time. If this requires you to fight a gym leader without her, too bad. You have to wait.

Summary-
Female Water type of your choice.
Must surf on her
Solo all female GLP unless they are already reserved.
May never be paired with another female pokemon in a Double Battle
After defeating the Elite Four, heal her immediately if she goes below half health or gains a damaging status effect. Failure to do so will disallow you from using her for any reason for 24 hours. You may not surf, use her in battle, or fight a gym where she would have to solo a pokemon during this time.

Have fun.

Chapter 4 of Colosseum is up as well! I'll give you team updates after every major plot point and after a purification, stay tuned!

I would like to take a scramble challenge on my pokemon black rom. Since I'm playing on a rom I cannot trade. Please don't give me a challenge that restricts evolution, I rather have some move requirements and solos. Also, no insanely hard ones, though I do like a challenge :)

@11wildy, take Groundark the Sandile. It doesn't understand that it is a Ground and Dark type Pokemon, so it can only use Ground moves or Dark moves for STAB, your choice. Make sure it knows 2 attacking and 2 status moves ASAP. Have it solo Clay and Grimsley. Good luck!

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
11wildy, you get El Lolgato the Purrloin. Since Purrloin sucks ass, it would be mean to impose hard restrictions, so I won't be that mean. You can only teach it one TM move, and you have to solo eight Gym Pokemon and four Elite Four Pokemon.

Every time Purrloin faints as a Purrloin, you must wait one more level to evolve it. Every time you faint as a Liepard, you must solo one of Ghetsis's Pokemon.

Reserving for 11wildy.

11wildy, take NURSE the Audino.

This Audino has many admirers, and she wants to please all of them! It has to lead your party and use Attract against all Pokemon.(even if the opposing Pokemon are female) In a trainer battle, when the next pokemon comes out, NURSE has to use it against them as well. In addition, if the enemy gets below half health, NURSE has to come in and use Heal Pulse. NURSE cannot use an attacking move, but she can use Toxic. And solo Ghetis.

Have fun!

Meh, 2 pokemon I don't like. Especially not Purrlion, although could you please change the restriction on dieing, since I asked for no evolution requirements

Sandile: Only dark or ground as stab, 2 offensive and 2 status moves. Most solo Clay and Grimsley.
Purrloin: One TM move. Solo eight Gym Pokemon and four Elite Four Pokemon.

Reserving for 11wildy. Will edit in a moment.

EDIT: 11, take Sandy the Lillipup. Sandy loves sand, and such must know a rock type move. Sandy must also solo the route between Castelia and Nimbasa City. She must solo 2 gym leaders, and 4 E4 pokemon. Try to, if you can, set up SandStorm during each of the E4 battles for Sandy. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)