Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
@Dexington, for FR take a Hitmonlee, nickname it Mel Brooks. For HG if you can trade or get any pokemon, take a Burmy (male) and evolve it to a Mothim. Otherwise you're leveling a Caterpie into a Butterfree. Name the bug you pick Picard.

Ah, That'll be toughy.

Final Team:

Mr. Mime. No restrictions on it.

Chimchar named Diddy Kong. It cannot evolve, period!

a Skorupi. It must learn Thief and Fling as soon as possible, and it cannot learn any other Dark moves once it has those. It can evolve after stealing an item from a gym leader's Pokemon, and flinging it back at one of their other pokemon.

FUCK YEAH!!! the Goldeen. It can evolve into Seaking after beating five Pokemon at Maylene's gym. When it is a Seaking,it must have at least two moves with Horn in the name (Horn Drill, Megahorn or Horn Attack). You don't have to take all of them.,

an onix seems right for you. name it SolidSnake (it is called the "rock snake" pokemon afterall xD) Catch it in the oreburgh gate, and it can't evolve it unless it has the move Gyro ball. as a Steelix, it has to keep Gyroball and learn Thunderfang, and has to be used to take out 3 pokemon that belong to Candice.

a Pachirisu. It must solo Crasher Wake and participate in 2 battles against the elite four without fainting.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I think Delibird should qualify for Rule 2 if no TMs are allowed. Besides that it can't be caught in HG, it would have to be traded (and Dexington has not specified if he can trade or not).

Oh wow, my bad. Somehow I didn't realize that even though I knew every other version exclusive from HGSS.

Edit: And I just realized Fling didn't exist in FR. Just forget I posted anything this time, going to go learn to make sure my challenges are possible before I try again.

Oh wow, my bad. Somehow I didn't realize that even though I knew every other version exclusive from HGSS.

Edit: And I just realized Fling didn't exist in FR. Just forget I posted anything this time, going to go learn to make sure my challenges are possible before I try again.
Don't worry dude, you just need the right resources. the serebii pokedexes are what i use when i come up with challenges, figuring out what pokes are in what games, what they can learn, and then appropriately trying to find out creative ways to use them or restrictions for evolution :) oh and a rule that most people tend to enforce is that, "if you wouldn't want it yourself, don't even suggest it" (aka rule 7). just take some time, i'm sure you can come up with good challenges :D

oh and an update (i'm still doing it....) on my hustle togekiss solo run, which i decided to go all physical with (couldnt use air slash anyway......>_>)

i'm currently on my way to EDIT: CELESTIC town, togetic is AWESOME. aerial ace is the main attack i'm spamming everywhere. bought a wide lens, boosting brick break and return to a respectable 90% accuracy, instead of terribad stone edge accuracy >_>. the double battles partner i have (which i can only use for double battles) is a lightning rod rhyhorn. a very very useful poke :)

Togetic (Ari) level 55 @Wide Lens
Hustle, Adamant
-Yawn
-Brick Break
-Aerial Ace
-Return

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
So an update on my Scramble.

Currently my Pokes are 53-59. More specifically:

Nidoqueen
Level 53
Bold , Poison Point
-Poison Fang
-Cut
-Earth Power
-Crunch
She's very underwhelming offensively and defensively, I'm not gonna lie. Lots of pokemon that can exploit her weakness to Ground, Ice, Psychic and Water, and a lot resistant to Poison Fang and Earth Power. After Blue, she's useless until Red goes down. It wasn't hard to faint her versus Lt. Surge.

Clefable-Male (I) @ Toxic Orb
Level 53
Rash, Cute Charm
-Light Screen
-Meteor Mash
-Metronome
-Moonlight
I'm not going to lie, Toxic Orb SUCKS with Cute Charm. It means I have to invest heavily in Full Restores. His moveset isn't exactly great either, since I'm forced into using Full Restores I can drop Moonlight as soon as a quality TM comes my way.

Lickilicky-Male (Fearless)
Level 53
Brave, Own Tempo
-Earthquake
-Return
-Power Whip
-Rollout
Having KO'd the Snorlax with consecutive Rollouts (nothing said I had to solo it, just KO it), I just need Ice Beam and Fire Blast to make him into the ultimate mixed wallbreaker, but per the challenge no Johto access unless necessary (meaning he won't be a mixed wallbreaker until just before I fight blue). He's fairly decent offensively and defensively.

Lanturn-Female @ Magnet
Level 53
Modest, Volt Absorb
-Discharge
-Aqua Ring
-Confuse Ray
-Surf
Once I have access to Johto again, Discharge will be replaced with Thunderbolt. Right now she's dangerous in dual battles due to both moves hitting my ally.

Chansey (fat Hannah)
Level 57
Modest, Natural Cure
-Shadow Ball
-Egg Bomb
-Double-Edge
-Ice Beam
The moveset sucks right now, and will continue to suck until I have access to Johto again for Flamethrower. Plus she's my designated Rock Climb bitch for Red. She's actually pretty solid defensively against specials (as she should be), and as expected gets absolutely owned versus physicals. Not exactly sure how to solo Blaine with her when there's no decent Rock, Ground, or Water moves for her to learn.

Gengar-Male (Sprocket)
Level 59
Lonely, Levitate
-Lick
-Taunt
-Shadow Ball
-Dark Pulse
He soloed Sabrina and almost completely soloed Janine, so he earned his evolution to Gengar. He's my offensive powerhouse right now.

S.S. Aqua was relatively easy. Lt. Surge was a minor annoyance because I was fairly underleveled. I ended up losing to Sabrina the first time, then came back 5 levels later and got my revenge. Misty was easy. Janine was cake. Erika wasn't that hard either. So as far as gym leaders go that just leaves Brock, Blaine, and Blue.

Togetic (Ari) level 55 @Wide Lens
Hustle, Adamant
-Yawn
-Brick Break
-Aerial Ace
-Return
Wow, I don't think it's possible for you to lose if you have Lv.55 by freaking Solaceon. That's before the 3rd gym is down (well, before the 4th in Platinum). Wow.

Hey, before i get my other Scramble going (i'm procrastinating as long as i can), someone give me a solo run like Paradox's. No Ralts, Pachirisu (well, maybe if it's got moves other than electric...very maybe), or any other crap pokemon. I'll put the limit as well that it can't be anythng i'll have in my 2 scrambles, and no Garchomp because i know it makes the game ridiculously easy, even at Snowpoint.

Fire Away. I'll take a few suggestions first, then pick one and go with it. Nicknames are a must, anything without a nickname will be omitted.

Once again i prove that i'm an idiot since i mixed up solaceon town and Celestic town again... i'm well into the 6th badge already. and who said i lost? i didnt even know you could lose a scramble O.O

oh and a suggestion for you is a Aggron. no recoil moves (don't want you to abuse Headsmash now would we? :P)

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Once again i prove that i'm an idiot since i mixed up solaceon town and Celestic town again... i'm well into the 6th badge already. and who said i lost? i didnt even know you could lose a scramble O.O
I think he meant there's no way for you to not win a battle at this point.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
@Dexington - For FR, take a Farfetch'd (The trade one). You may never use a Herbal Item, or a Revive/Max Revive, on it, unless you then throw away 2 more from your bag.
For HG, take a Slugma Egg from Primo. It must sucessfully solo one of Morty's 'mon to evolve. If you don't, and you solo one other gym leader fully, it can then evolve.

@Mastadi - Take a Makuhita (Change to Machop in to trades). It must solo Roark fully in order to evolve. It must always keep arm thrust and must be learnt asap.

I think he meant there's no way for you to not win a battle at this point.

oh and a suggestion for you is a Aggron. no recoil moves (don't want you to abuse Headsmash now would we? :P)
Sprocket is correct. What i meant was that you can't possibly not win at this point. Also, you're not doing a scramble, you're doing a solo run. lol

Hmm, looks like suggestions so far are few and far between:

1) N/A (Paradox, once again he proves himself to be an idiot (j/k) by not reading my post , which specified that it must have a nickname, or else!)

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
LOL, does this mean I fail my Challenge? Note that it was a couple hours after I saved, too, and I don't care to repeat those couple hours.

I is my Clefable, and was holding a Toxic Orb at the time.

I used Metronome!
I used Fling!
I flung its Toxic Orb!
Absol was badly poisoned!

LOL, does this mean I fail my Challenge? Note that it was a couple hours after I saved, too, and I don't care to repeat those couple hours.

I is my Clefable, and was holding a Toxic Orb at the time.

I used Metronome!
I used Fling!
I flung its Toxic Orb!
Absol was badly poisoned!
I guess that means you lose unless you get another Toxic Orb

Alright thanks guys (especially Sprocket who went incredibly easy on me in FR).

Here are my teams.

FR
-Squirtle on FR called Raphael, and it must only know one damaging move
-Clefairy. Nickname it Cosmo if it's male, or Wanda if it's female. Evolve it when it learns Cosmic Power. It has to keep that move. It also has to learn one non-damaging move by TM, which it also must keep.
-Shellder. you may not evolve it under any circumstances unless it knows Clamp and Icebeam at the same time. as a cloyster you must teach it Explosion (move tutor on 1 island, at the mountain with moltres on it) by the time you defeat giovanni in his gym, and you have to use it to KO one of your rivals pokemon (either before or during the E4, doesn't matter)
-"Senfroz" the Nidoqueen. It must solo Misty as a Nidorina and evolve immediately afterwards.
-Hitmonlee, nickname it Mel Brooks
-Farfetch'd (The trade one). You may never use a Herbal Item, or a Revive/Max Revive, on it, unless you then throw away 2 more from your bag

At least it's balanced? I could see the Farfetch'd falling into obscurity with that revive rule with the E4, but we'll see. I already picture Hitmonlee or Cloyster as the MVP. And I always wanted to train a Cloyster, so thank you Paradox.

HG
-Onix called SolidRock. Make sure it has no rock type moves.
-Marill. Don't give it a nickname. It can't evolve until after you beat Team Rocket in MahoganyTown.
-Mantine named Mantro♂ (yes you need the male symbol). after it learns wingattack, it must always have a flying and a water move on it. both moves must be able to cause direct damage.
-HG bring a Chikorita named "BL Fighter" it must be a Dual Screen-ing. Once it evolves into Meganium its only attacking move must be Solar Beam.
-Caterpie into a Butterfree. Name the bug you pick Picard
-Slugma Egg from Primo. It must sucessfully solo one of Morty's 'mon to evolve. If you don't, and you solo one other gym leader fully, it can then evolve.

I've also always wanted to train a Mantine in game, so thank you Paradox again. This one will probably be more challenging despite the lack of clauses.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
No prob Dexington.

I'm going to do a non-evolution Scramble of Pearl (alongside my current SoulSilver Scramble). Not looking for heavy difficulty though (first form evolutions are fairly weak as it is).

Rules:

1. Standard Scramble Rules
2. First-stage evolutions only.
3. No Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Azurill, Wynaut, Budew, Chingling, Happiny, Riolu please. Also nothing thats useless until fully evolved (ie, Caterpie, Magikarp).
4. No Bidoof or Delibird either!
5. Trading is allowed.
6. Anyone that picks Pachirisu is not allowed to restrict it in any way.
7. Must pick a starter Pokemon. However it does not have to be a Pearl starter.

Current Party

1. (Dexington) Voltorb. Must know Swagger once I get the TM for it.
2. (BL Fighter) Larvitar, name it "nonAchiever" Its not allowed to get TMs, except 2, HMs are allowed. (Optional: Burn/Toxic Orb)
3. (Senfroz) Chikorita --grass starter. Must know Sweet Scent once it learns it.
4. (Treadshot A1) Shinx -- Electric moves only. No Thunderbolt.
5. (Chateau) Spheal named Magic8. It must keep Defense Curl and Ice Ball until it solo's Byron.
6. (Paradox808) Bagon -- no outrage, or D-meteor. name it "iwant2fly"

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
@Sprocket Take a Larvitar, name it "nonAchiever" Give it Toxic Orb, but its not allowed to get TMs, except 2, HMs are allowed.
Sorry, my Clefable already used Fling on my Toxic Orb. Go Go Gadget Metronome!

Besides I'm invoking Rule 7 on this one, Toxic Orb is frustrating as hell. Even with Larvitar having Guts.

Sprocket, since you said you wanted a starter, but it didn't have to be a Sinnoh starter, take a Chikorita. It must keep Sweet Scent once it learns it.

Hmm, no Pachirisu, eh? Well fine, Sprocket, i'll give you the other useless electric type, Shinx. Nothing but electric moves for you, which is basically Thunder Fang and Spark, iirc. Name it Senfroz, that seems like a popular name recently. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)