Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

In that case...
Introducing: Postal the Pelipper!
Postal is a very special Pokemon. He will start off as a Wingull. He is the direct descendant of the Pelipper that delivers you mail in PMD: Blue/Red Rescue Team. This Wingull must be caught ASAP, otherwise the Pelipper Postal Positions Preparatory will recruit him! Because he wants to be a mailman, however, he must never use any moves that may damage the mail he has to deliver (i.e. Water- and Ice-type moves, Stockpile-Swallow-Spit, any attacks that come out of his mouth). He is a mailman, of course, so you must give him mail ASAP, and write an MLA-format 600-word 5-paragraph essay with 12 size font in Times New Roman and a properly formatted set of citations and works cited page a PMD reference (anything counts). He will hold this mail for the rest of his training. The purpose of protecting this mail is to get him used to the mailman life. Because he wants to be the very best mailman, he must solo ALL Flying-types that don't contradict other solo rules. He also must solo Grass-types very often to attain the means of making the paper needed for mails. He must also solo Dark-types, because they are potential thieves for your mail and he must learn to protect the mail from thieves as well. You also may never use him against a Fire-type, lest you want him to burn his precious correspondence! Finally, because he has to carry his mail in his mouth, he cannot use any Berries, Potions, or Herbs, lest he risks losing the mail while it is outside its mouth (because idek what Revives or Ethers/Elixirs are or if they are taken by mouth they're alright to use)

Accepted! I have a full team now!

I must say, I appreciate a early game pokemon- I was not looking forward to dealing with the shenanigans of a mudkip that only can attack on prime levels and a wurple that has to be lower level than it.

So my scramble begins! I have:
Prime the Mudkip:
Can only use attacking moves at prime levels
Must solo a pokemon from prime number gyms: brawly, wattson, norman, tate+liza
Can only evolve at prime number lvs

Mash the Beautifly:
Cannot hold items that raise move power
Must be lowest lv in party, or cannot fight
Solo winona's altaria

Postal the Pelipper:
Cannot learn water/ice moves, or any moves related to his mouth (peck, spit/swallow, etc) (note: this is basically pelipper's entire lv up movepool outside wing attack...)
Must hold mail, with a pokemon mystery dungeon reference written on it (I loved those games)
Must solo all grass, dark, and flying types that dont conflict with a solo, but cant be used vs fire types (I'm saying the fire type restriction supersedes the solo requirements)
Can't use berries, potions, or herbs

Silky the Exploud:
Must be female
Must always hold an item that helps in battle
Can't be used on water routes
Can't use man made medicines on her (potions, x-items, etc)

Thirsty the Gulpin:
All liquid recovery items can only be used on gulpin (potions, fresh water, etc)
Must solo all water types(including all gym leader/E4 member water types)
Must solo archie to evolve

Sunshine the Tropius:
Must learn sunny day ASAP, and use it first in every fight
All moves other than HMs must be related to the sun: fire and water moves, solarbeam, synthesis, growth, hidden power
Must hold an item that was grown (berries, herbs, etc)

And so I begin!
I'll post periodic updates just to prove that I am indeed actually doing this. I predict a rough early game before whismur, with a team of: a mudkip that probably cant attack, a wingull that cant attack until 13, and a wurple who can attack but only if he's low lv than the other 2.

So my adventure begins!
I start up the game, go through all the pregame motions.
Professer Oak seems like he's in trouble, so I help him with a mudkip.

Prime is lv 5 right now, so if he lvs up before May, he can't attack her, so I avoid wild pokemon as I go up. An epic battle of pounds and tackles later, and I'm lv 6.

I got some pokeballs now, so I get around to catching some 'mons. Postal the wingull and Mask the wurmple join the team, starting at lv 3.
(note: I made sure mask was male. Bonus points if you can figure out why)
Now here's the deal: Wingull starts with growl and water gun, learns supersonic at 7, and wing attack at 13. He can't use water gun, so he is effectively useless, but he still must at least try to solo flying, grass, and dark types. This includes: poochena, lotad, tailow, and shroomish. However, if he faints, Mask will take the exp, and if Mask ever gets to a higher lv then Postal, then he can't fight either. So, I must avoid this at all costs.

I grind up mask, postal and prime, and once prime gets to lv 7, I use him to train postal until he's at a higher exp count than mask. Now I'm ready to head out. (note: since I would have to sac postal vs most pokemon in the early game, I am only fighting wurmples and zigzagoons)
The first trainer in the game has a poochena. Mask tries to solo him, and faints, and mask takes the kill. I avoid the trainers with shoomish and the tailow.

Heading to petalburg, I help Wally get a ralts, then head off. The next route has some beatable trainers, and Mask evolves into a silcoon! (note: this was actually my second try, on the first he turned into a cascoon and I reset)
(other note: wurmple is not a good pokemon. At all. And neither is cascoon)

Petalburg woods gets me some nice bug trainers, which I beat very slowly, switching in and out to all my mons to evenly give out exp so mask doesn't overlevel.

However, I have an issue: the team aqua grunt has a poochena. Which postal has to solo... with only supersonic and growl, and no healing.

(several offerings to the rng later)
poochena hit itself in it's confusion!

The rest of the way to rustboro goes smoothly, I avoid the grass trainer, and when I get into a double battle, it's grass types, but mask can attack as well!

Instead of going straight to the gym, I head towards the tunnel, beating a few trainers (and going around the grass type one). Prime hits 11 just in time to destroy the 2 hikers. I snag my whismur, name her Silky, and evolve silcoon to beautifly, learning absorb(wow, this thing might be useful now!)

To prep for the gym fight, I grind a little more (note: Whismur is a monster, compared to stuff like silcoon. It can actually 2HKO wild pokemon, instead of 5HKO!), getting Prime to 13, and Mask to 11.

Gym Battle: Roxanne
Mask leads off, and lands a crit absorb, eating the first geodude. He absorbs the second one as well, but the non-crit doesn't kill, and geodude responds with a rock tomb that kills him. Prime comes in, and 1HKOs the geodude through the potion Roxanne throws on it. He then proceeds to slap mud all over Nosepass, and then water guns it to death. Gym badge get!

After beating Roxanne, I need to help butterfingers the Devon Corp employee. I chase after the grunt, and try again to solo him with Postal. It's not big deal if he fails, but he actually succeeds, with the power of supersonic!
Good news for Postal as well- he finally hits lv 13, and snags wing attack! Immediately he puts it to good use, cutting up May's wingull and treecko.

I head over to dewford, and find Steven without any flash. I walk into the gym, but I have an issue: Prime needs to solo one of the trainers in here, but he's lv 14 right now. So I beat most of the trainers, getting Mask a much needed gust(this is the first time Mask is able to deal over 1/2 a pokemons health in one hit), but I leave one alive and head to slateport. There, I deliver the goods, and beat up some aqua grunts- now that Postal can attack, he takes them down fine. While I'm here, I snag my newest party member: Thirsty the Gulpin.

Prime is now lv 17, and evolves! Because he evolves a lv late, he misses getting mud shot... But at least he can attack for one level.
He easily takes care of the last trainer in the gym, and with that its on to Brawly.

Gym leader: Brawley
(note: since Thirsty, just caught, is currently the lowest lv'd member of the party, I can't actually use him, which is a pain.)
Postal deals the the machop with a few wing attacks, and does the same to meditite as it tries to focus punch him. The makuhita comes out, and eats a few wing attacks before throwing Postal to death. I send in Thirsty to drop a yawn on him, then switch to Prime as brawly uses a super potion. Prime gets some water guns, but Brawley uses another super potion, and Prime can only get him to half health before going down. If I could use Mask, this fight would be in the bag, but my only hope right now is Thirsty. He comes in and poisons the makuhita, eating a vital throw in the process. Despite being 7 lvs down, and makuhita being at +1 atk, he tanks the hit like a champ, losing half his health. I drop an x-defense on him, and let the countdown begin. I ahve 2 potions, and 1 super potion, which gives me jsut enough health to get the win!

That was harder than I expected, but if I had any issues I could have leveled up Thirsty so that Mask could fight.

I grab the exp. share, and that's where I'll end for today.

LVP: Postal the Wingull- not being able to attack until 13 really put a damper on his usability, especially with all the solos he had to fail. He was decently useful in the brawley fight, and he's been usable after getting wing attack, but being useless for most of the run puts him in last.

Thirsty the Gulpin- Despite just being caught, he turned out to be useful against brawley. But since he's new, and has yet to do anything else, he is right now second to last.

Silky the Whismur- probably my best attacker, Silky has beaten many trainer and wild pokemon. The only reason she's not high is that she's useless been useless against both gyms so far.

Prime the Marshtomp- One would think that not being able to attack most of the time would be deliberating. And it is, but when prime can attack, he's a monster. He's easily the strongest member of the team offensively and defensively, and his typing and power made him intrumental to beating Roxanne and Brawley

MVP:Mask the Beautifly- Wumple really sucks. So does silcoon, and so does beautifly. Until getting gust, this thing would take something around 5 attacks to actually kill anything. It also took 17 poison stings to actually poison anything (I counted). However, I am forced to give the MVP slot to Mask, because without him, the early game would be actually impossible(outside of grinding wild pokemon with struggle). He also did well against both gyms, and now that he has gust, he can attack fairly decently.

I'm itching for a scramble, so I'll try my hand at Platinum

Game: Pocket Monsters Platinum for the Nintendo DS
Trading: No
Difficulty: Medium or Medium-Hard (Don't want to be pulling my little hair out for my first scramble)
Extra: I'd like a full team before Volkner. I'd also like a Surfer and Flyer. Somebody's gonna give me a Sneasel that I'm forced to teach Surf, aren't they

Team:
Don't give us ideas ;)

Anyways, I present Cricthoven the Kricketot/Kricetune

This Kricketot is a progidy in music... Or so he likes to believe. Because of this, he is obsessed with sound-based moves. He must never forget any sound-based moves he has and try and only use sound-based moves against his opponents (see exception below)

However, Cricthoven has a particularity. He hates Pokemon with the Soundproof ability. He must overcome these barriers on his path to musical success through using the power of music, embodied in a Metronome. He must have Fury Cutter and use it along with the item Metronome only against Pokemon with the Soundproof ability.

Because he is holding his precious Metronome, Cricthoven may not use any other items, lest he risks losing it

Finally, to show off his talents in the big spheres of power, he must solo a Pokemon from each Gym, Elite Four, and the Champion

Finally, his final rival is none other than your own rival's Starly. He must find a way to defeat said Starly on every occasion that you meet him, or ar least try to defeat him

I'll give you Bananasaur the Tropius (aka a Flyer)

Bananasaur loves to take the offensive stance so, it must have 2 physical and 2 special moves on it at all times and it may not utilize status moves.

Contrary to it's Pokedex entry, Bananasaur hates fruit. Therefore, you may not give it or use any berries on it.

Bananasaur also loves a challenge, so it must solo every Fire-type and avoid any Rock or Water-type you encounter until the end of the series.

Lastly, Bananasaur is also lazy af so you can use Fly a total of 5 times during the entire game so... use it wisely!
I will give to you *drumroll* Descartes the literate Rampardos!

-Descartes loves to educate himself and taught himself how to read in no-time. Too bad the first thing it ever read was the Ultramoon Pokedex Entry for Rampardos. Deeply offended by the gross oversimplification of the entry it made a vow to the world, to make it marvel at the erudite feats a Rampardos´ mind is capable of. Therefore Descartes will only use status moves or special-attacking moves and forget any physical ASAP. (dont worry though, it has actually a very rich special movepool including, you guessed it: Surf)
-As stated: Descartes educates himself and so should you! Take in the monumental concerningness of our very own creation by staring at the painting in the ruins of Celestic Town for 5 minutes without moving a button. When you reach Canalave City, head to the library, change text speed to 1 and read every book in the library.
-Stress the academic nature of Descartes by making him hold no item besides Wise Glasses (talk to the Glasses-Guy in Celestic Town from 20pm to 4am)
-Optional: Descartes bears an intense grudge against Cyrus for wanting to create a new world. Doesnt this ignorant Simpleton understand, that the present is determined by the deeds of the past and that starting anew would erase every single action humanity ever took to improve itself? Teach Cyrus a valueable lesson in history by defeating his last Pokemon with Descartes´ Ancient Power in every encounter. If you do, then Descartes will realize the hypocrisy in despising Cyrus for not respecting the past and himself denying the past of its species by forcefully supressing its natural affinity for physical attacks. You can now teach Descartes 1 Physical Move. However, dont make him butt anything with its head. After all, Descartes is an intellectual, not a football player.

I hope you like him :3
Yoshiblaze take Bellhop the bronzor. yes i made this whole challenge off of a bad pun

Bellhop, being, of course, a bellhop, always tries to be extremely helpful. Whenever a pokemon on your team faints, you must immediately switch Bellhop in and use a Revive on the fainted pokemon. However, Bellhop is so helpful that he doesn't always look out for himself. You cannot use Revives on Bellhop, except for during a solo.

To evolve Bellhop, defeat five pairs of trainers at the Seven Stars Restaurant at Hotel Grand Lake, alongside each of his teammates.
What this means is that each of the other pokemon in your party can only take part in one of the five fights, making each of the battles a "solo" of sorts. Good luck!

Since the types of hotels with fancy bellhops usually cater to the upper class, solo Fantina and Bertha, who are both classy people who would probably stay at expensive hotels (for different reasons though).

Last edited:
Somebody's gonna give me a Sneasel that I'm forced to teach Surf, aren't they
Don't give us ideas ;)

This Kricketot is a progidy in music... Or so he likes to believe. Because of this, he is obsessed with sound-based moves. He must never forget any sound-based moves he has and try and only use sound-based moves against his opponents (see exception below)

However, Cricthoven has a particularity. He hates Pokemon with the Soundproof ability. He must overcome these barriers on his path to musical success through using the power of music, embodied in a Metronome. He must have Fury Cutter and use it along with the item Metronome only against Pokemon with the Soundproof ability.

Because he is holding his precious Metronome, Cricthoven may not use any other items, lest he risks losing it

Finally, to show off his talents in the big spheres of power, he must solo a Pokemon from each Gym, Elite Four, and the Champion

Finally, his final rival is none other than your own rival's Starly. He must find a way to defeat said Starly on every occasion that you meet him, or ar least try to defeat him

Don't give us ideas ;)

Accepted

I can't decide a team for Gold, and I haven't done a scramble in ages so
Game: Gold
Difficulty: Easy
Extra: I'd like a starter, and no type overlapping. Also should be kinda obvious, but no Pokémon that I have to wait until Kanto to catch.

Team:

I'll give you Discordia the Lanturn (Good Rod @ Olivine City / New Bark Town)

Discordia must have 2 status (status-inducing, boosting moves, etc.) moves on it at all times
Try FURRYFURY, the Furret with anger-managment issues.
It has to learn Fury Cutter.
Whenever you get a hold of PROTEIN, it will consume it immediately, to become even more vicious.

Last edited:

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
I'm itching for a scramble, so I'll try my hand at Platinum

Game: Pocket Monsters Platinum for the Nintendo DS
Difficulty: Medium or Medium-Hard (Don't want to be pulling my little hair out for my first scramble)
Extra: I'd like a full team before Volkner. I'd also like a Surfer and Flyer. Somebody's gonna give me a Sneasel that I'm forced to teach Surf, aren't they

Team:

Bananasaur loves to take the offensive stance so, it must have 2 physical and 2 special moves on it at all times and it may not utilize status moves.

Contrary to it's Pokedex entry, Bananasaur hates fruit. Therefore, you may not give it or use any berries on it.

Bananasaur also loves a challenge, so it must solo every Fire-type and avoid any Rock or Water-type you encounter until the end of the series.

Lastly, Bananasaur is also lazy af so you can use Fly a total of 5 times during the entire game so... use it wisely!

I can't decide a team for Gold, and I haven't done a scramble in ages so
Game: Gold
Extra: I'd like a starter, and no type overlapping. Also should be kinda obvious, but no Pokémon that I have to wait until Kanto to catch.

I'll give you Discordia the Lanturn (Good Rod @ Olivine City / New Bark Town)

Discordia must have 2 status (status-inducing, boosting moves, etc.) moves on it at all times

I hate you so much for the Fly restriction, but whatever, accepted

I played Platinum too many times now, and I can't decide what teamto use, so
Game: Platinum
Trading: Nope
Difficulty: Hard
Extra: 1 pokèmon must be obtained in the routes before the 1st gym to replace the starter (I will take Piplup)

I think I'm gonna give this a go. Also, I already picked a starter, as well as rules for it.

Game: White
Anything else: Nothing too difficult, please!

Lukestep11, I give you Starblaze the Shinx.

Starblaze cannot evolve until it learns Roar, which is must learn at the earliest opportunity. Once it learns Roar, evolve it into Luxio. Starblaze cannot evolve again until after the fifth gym. It must ALWAYS be in the party as the lead. It may also only learn level-up moves, and it must have a +Defense/Special Defense nature. It must have three attacking moves, but it must always know Roar until it evolves into Luxray. It must be switched out to another Pokemon if its HP drops to the red zone. Oh, and it is terrified of snakes, so it must never battle or be sent out in battle with a snake-like Pokemon. Until it becomes Luxray, it will be under the effects of Torment. After that, it will be under the effects of Taunt.

I think I'm gonna give this a go. Also, I already picked a starter, as well as rules for it.

Game: White
Anything else: Nothing too difficult, please!

Lukestep11, I give you Starblaze the Shinx.

Starblaze cannot evolve until it learns Roar, which is must learn at the earliest opportunity. Once it learns Roar, evolve it into Luxio. Starblaze cannot evolve again until after the fifth gym. It must ALWAYS be in the party as the lead. It may also only learn level-up moves, and it must have a +Defense/Special Defense nature. It must have three attacking moves, but it must always know Roar until it evolves into Luxray. It must be switched out to another Pokemon if its HP drops to the red zone. Oh, and it is terrified of snakes, so it must never battle or be sent out in battle with a snake-like Pokemon. Until it becomes Luxray, it will be under the effects of Torment. After that, it will be under the effects of Taunt.
Take Loki the Thundurus. Loki is a trickster and does not like to be cheated. You cannot use a Quick Ball or a Master Ball to capture Loki. Loki refuses to give up his tricks without adding a new one and as a result, you cannot replace a Status move in its moveset with a non-Status move (ex. Replacing Heal Block for T-Wave is fine, but replacing Heal Block for Thunder is not). During the Elite 4, the only items Loki can only hold are damage reduction berries for the type the Elite 4 member you are facing specializes in (or no item). Before facing N, Loki must prove he can conquor his brother Thor by soloing Zekrom at least once before you catch Zekrom.

Last edited:
I just got Yellow on my 3DS, and I'd like to do a Scramble challenge.

Game: Yellow
Difficulty: Medium
Other: I'd like to use at least one starter.

Thanks!

So unfortunately, the last post I made on this forum was over 2 years ago. In that amount of time, I have completely forgotten what happened in my old scramble. Additionally, my old writing style was not of the best quality SO!
I don't want to throw away the work that went into making the pokemon, so I am going to be (gradually) restarting my old scrambles as i get time. For those interested, the pokemon for each challenge are going to go here.

pretzel987, everybody, King Arthur has arisen once more in our time of need! However, the time streams have been crossed at some point, and the once human Arthur now takes the form of a Pokemon.

Take KingArthur, the Honedge. Arthur is as brave as he always was, but his untimely death to the blade of a great foe has taught him much about discretion in combat, so whenever possible, KingArthur may not be the first Pokemon sent out in a battle. Any further failure tempers his fighting spirit further, and so if KingArthur ever faints, he may no longer use Swords Dance from then on. However, he still fights with honour and always seeks to avenge his fallen comrades.KingArthur may not learn Shadow Sneak or Shadow Claw. Furthermore, KingArthur must learn and keep Retaliate. Whenever a teammate faints, KingArthur must switch in and use Retaliate against the Pokemon that caused the faint.

Of course, while sword-based revenge worked well in 6th century Britain, in the world of Pokemon it's not always as effective. After being embarrassed in a fight in which his blade had no effect, Arthur goes into training. To evolve into Doublade, KingArthur must use Retaliate against a Ghost type Pokemon while attempting to avenge a fallen teammate.

As a Doublade, KingArthur regains his fighting spirit, and may use Swords Dance again. Once again, if KingArthur ever faints, he may no longer use Swords Dance.

Things move along uneventfully from then on. That is, until you reach the Elite Four. KingArthur could swear he recognises somebody... that Aegislash owned by Wikstrom is the soldier that killed him all those centuries ago! Screw discretion - KingArthur evolves into Aegislash upon reaching the Pokemon League and loses the "first Pokemon" and Swords Dance restrictions. KingArthur must solo Wikstrom's Aegislash.

In summary:
  • KingArthur cannot be among the first Pokemon sent out in a battle, where possible. This includes alternate formats such as Doubles, Triples, etc.
  • If KingArthur ever faints, he may no longer use Swords Dance.
  • KingArthur may not learn Shadow Sneak or Shadow Claw.
  • KingArthur must learn and keep Retaliate. Whenever a teammate faints, KingArthur must switch in and use Retaliate against the Pokemon causing the faint.
  • To evolve into Doublade, use Retaliate against a Ghost type while avenging a teammate according to the above rule.
  • As a Doublade, may regain the use of Swords Dance. But, he can still lose access to it again if he faints after evolving.
  • To evolve into Aegislash, reach the Pokemon League.
  • As an Aegislash, lose the "first Pokemon" and Swords Dance restrictions.
  • Solo Wikstrom's Aegislash.
Optional extras (in case the above is just too easy!):
  • Must always keep Swords Dance, even if KingArthur can't use it.
  • KingArthur may not learn any Ghost-type moves.
  • Evolving into Doublade also requires the Ghost-type Pokemon to be owned by a Trainer.
  • Evolving into Doublade also requires KingArthur to be fainted by the Ghost-type Pokemon.
  • Keep the Swords Dance restriction upon evolving into Aegislash (not for the faint-hearted)(pun semi-intended). (Maybe)

You know how there's a level 3 Pidgey you're forced to run into before meeting up with Shauna and your main Rival? Yeah, catch it and nickname it Explorer. You see, this Pidgey, ever since it was a hatchling, always wanted to explore the world, and seeing an up-and-coming Trainer such as yourself approaching gave it a way to do this, so it chose to accompany said Trainer with no resistance (read: Catch Explorer before it can use a move).

After Explorer enters the party, it forces itself into the front slot whenever in an unexplored area, including dungeons and Gyms (the determining factor for if something's explored or not is whether or not all the trainers in that route were fought). If another party member has an issue with (read: a required solo),Explorer will step out of the front slot to accommodate. If Explorer faints while leading the party, it gets incredibly frustrated at you and decides to solo two Trainers in the next area without the aid of items.

When the progress-blocking Snorlax rears its head, Explorer is naturally furious, but to the point where it elects to literally blow it away by itself. Of course, Explorer would try Whirlwind, but Snorlax was deemed to heavy for Whirlwind to do any good, forcing Explorer to settle for just soloing it.

Angered by its own inability to simply get rid of Snorlax via Whirlwind, Explorer vowed to hone its capabilities in this regard by starting every battle with either Gust, Whirlwind, or Twister for three turns in a row. Explorer additionally decides to set benchmarks for itself: specifically, phazing at least 6 trainer-owned Pokemon of each type (1 type per Pokemon, please! If the Whirlwinded Mon has two types, flip a coin. Heads, primary type is counted, tails, the reverse), and at least 2 Pokemon owned by all Gym Leaders who aren't soloed by someone else (because this is the second Scramblemon in question, this restriction is low-priority in comparison to other solo challenges). The above two challenges do not contribute to each other, so Whirlwinding Wulfric's Avalugg doesn't count toward the Ice-types you need to Whirlwind. They aren't mandatory, but they are required for evolution (1 of them for Pidgeotto, both for Pidgeot). After becoming a Pidgeot, Explorer must learn Hurricane ASAP and start all of its fights with it.

Confident in its abilities, Explorer decides to give itself what it sees to be the ultimate challenge: Wikstrom. Phaze all of his Pokemon and solo them after each one gets Whirlwinded (Aegislash doesn't count for either aspects of this, since it's already reserved to be soloed).

pretzel987 take Cookie Lover the Gulpin.

This Gulpin loves to eat cookies, and is searching for the perfect recipe. Solo Ramos' and Valerie's Gyms (with the exception of Valerie herself) to evolve, as Ramos and Valerie have the first two parts of the recipe. Siebold has the third part, so solo him too. As for moves, no Poison-type moves for obvious reasons. This restriction stays in effect both for Gulpin and Swalot.

Anyways, pretzel987, you get Insanity the Spoink.

Insanity happens to be fairly crazy, and he hates to be different. As he is insane, the only answer is thus to make everyone else insane too, right? This, ASAP, he must learn confuse Ray and use all possible pokemon. If he doesn't get to confuse the enemy, he will confuse your allies instead! If Insanity doesn't confuse an enemy the first turn the enemy is out, your current pokemon must use random move via random.org (1 is top left, 3 is bottom left) also, you cannot send him in to confuse on a solo :P. Also, since he is a little crazed, he believes that every battle is an inverse battle! Thus, he must solo all non-soloed dark types. He also happens to have a need to price himself the most insane, so have him solo Valerie, who is obviously crazy, before you can evolve into grumpig. Once it becomes grumpig, it becomes paranoid on top of being insane! If it is ever hit by a physical move, it must switch ASAP, for it believes everyone wants to eat him! After all, he is basically bacon/pork. He must also learn thunder wave and must use that and confuse ray on all pokemon. The penalty remains the same. He must also now be the highest leveled pokemon, to intimidate others into not eating him (hey, it's practically my signature challenge, so why not throw it on? XD) Finally, it must help it's teammates, especially explorer, and as such, he must learn rain dance, never forget it, and use it whenever possible, so the hurricane can always hit.

Good Luck. Muahahahahaha!

pretzel987 take Wall the Snorlax..

Wall is first found when Explorer foolishly decides he can blow away a Snorlax. After getting Wall down into the red HP, however, you realize that Wall could be a valuable team member and catch him before Explorer finishes him (to Explorer's eternal chagrin). To thank you, Wall decides to be your bulky attack absorber in battle forever.

Wall is just as unmovable as Explorer thinks he is when you find him. Wall may never switch in, ever. Or out. Any battles he participates in have to be led with. The only exception to this rule is if Explorer has just used Whirlwind. Wall is also intent on proving he can take attacks. No damaging moves until the opponent has done damage to you three times. Oh, and always carry Rest for dat recovery. And Sleep Talk, too. This allows Wall to do his favorite thing: sleeping. Finally, Wall needs to prove he is the very best like no wall ever was. Wulfric has an Avalugg that seems pretty damn bulky (until you see its type), so solo Wulfric entirely while asleep. Good luck!

Ok, I bringest thoust Burninate the Litleo.

Burninate wants to, well, burninate everything. He's kinda obsessed about it. Therefore, Any attacking moves Burninate has must be fire type. Also, he loves to burninate people's stuff, too. He cannot evolve until he gains incinerate and incinerates an item. He cannot lose incinerate. Ever. Also, Burninate has heard of team flare, and is interested by a group that also seems to love fire. He wants to help them, and he even wants to become their leader, somehow, even though he is a pokemon. He must solo all Lysander fights, and you must purposfully waste the first turn of any team flare fight. Like, waste a potion, or try to run away.

Gonna be nice to you this time, good luck.

The above is a terrible joke, here's the real challenge:

Take Pacifist the Zigzagoon. Pacifist does not like to hurt other pokemon, and may never hit another pokemon with a super effective attack -- she must use resisted attacks if possible. To increase the likelihood that she can hit with a resisted attack, Pacifist must learn moves of 4 different types ASAP, and if given an option, may never learn a move that is the same type as a currently known move -- even if the currently known move would be overwritten by the new move.

If multiple moves may hit a foe for resisted damage, or no moves are resisted and multiple moves may hit for neutral damage, select the move that has the highest remaining PP and use that move. If multiple valid moves are tied for highest remaining PP, choose the move to use randomly. Pacifist believes (however incorrectly) that choosing the move to use in this fashion will reduce its responsibility for the damage it causes to other pokemon.

If Pacifist is ever put in a position where it is forced to deal SE damage to an opponent, you must buy and toss items with a value of half of your current money at the next available opportunity. Pacifist must also be immediately boxed until the next gym has been beaten.

Because Pacifist does not want to engage in battle, it may never lead your party, and may never deal damage to a wild pokemon.

Let me know if that's too easy or too hard, and I can adjust it.

pretzel987 take Bob the Torchic.

Bob's job is to fire useless Pokemon, with "useless" defined here as "not a Scramblemon."

• Learn a Fire-type attacking move ASAP. Bob must always keep at least one Fire-type attacking move.
  • When in a zone (route, cave, etc.) that has a potential Scramblemon as a wild Pokemon, Bob must solo all wild Pokemon in that zone until all the possible Scramblemons in that zone are caught.
  • Have a full team of six Scramblemons to evolve into Combusken. Solo Groudon to evolve into Blaziken.
  • If you're doing the Delta Episode, solo Rayquaza and Deoxys.
Let me know if this is too easy or too hard, and I'll change it.

Take Beyond the Surskit.
Beyond doesn't believe that attacks really deal damage based on their power or even what they actually do, and believes type effectiveness is the only thing that matters. As such, its moves must be all different types as soon as possible, and it may never have more than two attacking moves. If it would learn a move, or you gain a TM, of the same type as a move it already knows, and this would not give it too many attacking moves, you must immediately forget the move it already knows and teach it the new move.

Additionally, it must always use its move with the highest type effectiveness against any target, even if it is a non-damaging move.

To evolve into Masquerain, solo Flannery. As Masquerain, defeat Winona and Tate paired with your lowest-level Pokemon.

pretzel987 take a Groudon and solo the entire game with it DontGrindMe the *insert Pokemon here*
Why the *insert Pokemon here*? Because this will be your first Pokemon you find that is in either the Slow or Fluctuating EXP Group. The only restriction is that you must have DontGrindMe by Wattson. Why? Because it has to solo Wattson, of course!

Full list of mons available before Wattson:
Ralts
Slakoth
Tentacool
Makuhita
Aron
Magikarp (if you get this...well sorry)
Shroomish
Gulpin
Illumise
(I don't think I missed too much)

DontGrindMe doesn't like growing quickly. He believes that the EXP Share is too cheesy, so you should always have it off. He also will refuse to fight wild Pokemon or take part in trainer rematches until he evolves. (if you get Illumise, it can never fight wild Pokemon) Solo your second rival fight to evolve. DontGrindMe also doesn't believe in overleveling Gym Leaders, so it may never exceed the level of the next Gym Leader's lowest-leveled Pokemon. If it does...well reset your game or something.

Once you evolve DontGrindMe, his attitude becomes infections. You may not level any of your Pokemon above the lowest-levelled Pokemon of the next gym leader, and if you're already overleveled, you may not use said overleveled Pokemon against the gym in question.

If you got Ralts, Slakoth, or Aron, solo another GLMP (gym leader main Pokemon) to evolve a second time. If you get Ralts or Aron, solo the entire gym leader instead if you wish to use your Mega Evolution.

If you got Tentacool, Makuhita, Magikarp, Shroomish, or Gulpin, solo an entire gym minus the leader without ever healing.

If you got Illumise, it's your lucky day! Of course, you can never fight wild Pokemon with it so have fun.

Regardless of what you got, solo an E4 member.

Alrighty pretzel987, I'm gonna submit Tony the Lairon.
Tony cannot carry any items
He can only learn Steel and Normal type moves.
If you wish to give me a Pokemon for my scramble run *cough* need 4 more *cough*

pretzel987 , take Rouge the Nuzleaf!(hopefully this one is interesting rather than overly difficult)
Rouge has taken the wrong portal from the MMO he calls home, where he lives his days out as a...you guessed it, a thief.
Being a thief, he must always know things that are well... thieflike, I suppose. Learn and keep thief at all times. He must also always carry at least one other dark type move at all times.
Being a stealthy guy, he hates direct confrontation. Rouge may never lead in a battle, or directly switch in on an opponent. Rouge may only take part in a battle where at least one pokemon has fainted, is a wild pokemon(because I know dontgrindme is already a pain), or the opponent is inflicted with a crippling status of some kind.
When entering battle, lead off with a Thief attack, just in case the foe is holding something valuable. Use any other moves you feel like afterwards.
Whenever Rouge faints, he feels cheated out of what should have been an easy win. Unfortunately you have to "persuade" him to continue fighting for you. Buy and discard 5 of the most expensive ball in that area, or discard one Nugget.
In order to evolve, Rouge must prove he is worthy of the name. Steal 5 items from Trainer Pokemon(rematches are fine), or steal 20 items from Wild Pokemon(tip:use the dexnav a lot), and at least score one KO in a gym leader battle.
After becoming a master Thief(evolving) Rouge decides that he no longer HAS to be sneaky all the time. Rouge may lead the party or directly switch in on a Pokemon. While Thief must still be kept, Rouge no longer has to use it at the start of a battle he's in; merely, he has to use it at least once in battle(unless it's a wild Pokemon, then just KO it). Learn Leaf Blade and keep it. Of course, his "payments" double as he's a superior fighter now. Buy and toss 10 expensive Pokeballs or 2 Nuggets.

too easy? Then add this challenge and remove all others bar using Thief at least once in battle. Rouge is from a true Rougelike MMO, where death is permanent. If Rouge faints, box him forever and nothing may take his place.

Expired the Trubbish.

* Expired may only ever use Poison-type moves.
* Solo all Grass types.
* Solo Brycen to evolve.

Lifesaver the Audino.

* Must always be within 10 levels of the highest leveled pokemon.
* After 3rd gym, may remove a move restriction at the cost of deleting one of its moves.

Surfer the Oshawott.

*Must lead while on sand or water.
*evolve into Dewott while learning Surf.
*Do not evolve into Samurott.

Threadshot the Sewaddle

*May only use Bug type moves.
*Immune to Lifesaver's benefits.
*Cannot be the lowest leveled pokemon.

OlReliable the Mincinno

*Can only replace each moveslot once
*Exception is if there are no attacking moves or the last attacking move would be deleted.

Petilil (gonna be named Laura cuz idk)

*Has to switch out every other turn against trainer owned Pokemon
*Must solo one Pokemon from each of these lines: Basculin, Dwebble, Shelmet, Litwick, Timburr, and Drilbur
*Must solo one gym Pokemon to remove restriction or evolve
*Whichever one she didn't pick will be removed after the solos.
*Solo grimsley's bisharp

Last edited:
Woah, I got a notification from a post here and had a real blast from the past. I think I'm going to do my BW2 scramble. To reiterate:
  • Hard-Very Hard Difficulty.
  • Cannot Trade.
  • Please, nothing that requires a lot of grinding, or doesn't really do anything but make life more tedious.
  • Pokemon with a sort of "backstory/personality" is encouraged!
Mons:
Hitmonleet take Not Alolan the Grimer.

This Grimer desperately wants to be its Alola Form, but isn't. Thus, it will try to defeat things that aren't in Alola...

• Yup, this is another of my type-change challenges. For all calculations involving type, treat Not Alolan as Poison/Dark instead of the pure Poison typing it actually is.
  • For all calculations involving ability, treat Not Alolan as having Poison Touch (its hidden ability) even if it actually has a different ability.
  • Solo all Pokemon that get an Alola Form. Other mons' solos take priority over this.
  • Solo two Gyms (all trainers and the Gym Leader) to evolve into Muk.
  • Solo all of Victory Road. Yes, all of it. You must defeat all the accessible Trainers in Victory Road using only Not Alolan, and defeat all wild Pokemon you encounter using only Not Alolan. Also, no using Repels in Victory Road!
Too easy? Add two more Gym solos. Too hard? Drop the Victory Road solo.
Hitmonleet, take Reshiram the ???. As the events of you becoming a pokemon trainer unfolded, N and his Reshiram were worried about the rise of Team Neo-Plasma. So, N's Reshiram decided to send it's spirit out as a ghost to help you on your journey. While this ghost may not be able to fight, it does have the power to possess other pokemon. Starting from the start of the game, Reshiram can possess any pokemon for a limited amount of time. While possesing, Reshiram must follow the following rules.

- After each Gym Battle, Reshiram must abandon it's current vessel and find a new pokemon to possess. This new pokemon must be located between the last gym and the next one.
- Reshiram must know the move Return.
- Reshiram has trouble keeping the souls of it's hosts in check. If Reshiram faints thrice with a single host, said pokemon must be released. You may not try to find another host until the next gym. By tossing a Nugget, you can gain an extra life.
- Reshiram may never be the highest level pokemon on your team.
- To keep balance, certain hosts are not allowed before certain gyms. These are: Magnemite for Roxie, Darumaka for Burgh, Ducklett for Clay.
- Legendaries can not be possesed
- For all intents and purposes, all the Team Plazma stuff counts as the period of one gym.

Through all this, you may choose to solo as many gyms as you want. By the time you can get to Victory Road, you can choose to have it possess any pokemon you want. Solo less than two gyms, and Reshiram may not possess anything. Solo four gyms, and it can possess Legendary pokemon. The three death rule still applies.
Hitmonleet, take Supermon the ???

1. Supermon is the first Pokémon (past the fixed Minccino) that you catch in a Hidden Grotto, its hideout.

2. It wants to show the world its sense of justice, and as such may not use any Poison-type or Dark-type moves. Those moves make it seem unjust!

3. Additionally, it must solo every grunt you battle on the Team Plasma Frigate.

4. Supermon can't fight any opponent more than 5 levels below it, though, as it doesn't want to pick on the weak. You must immediately switch out against these opponents if possible.

5. If Supermon stars in the movie Invaders, and gets any ending other than Bad, then it feels that people know how righteous it is. After this, you may lift the restriction on Poison- and Dark-type moves.

6. Sound too easy? Here's one last thing:
Supermon must have one move, designated at the time of capture, that it must use upon entering battle, and 7. Supermon must lead your party at all times. Unless you are facing a Pokémon that forces Supermon to switch out as per Rule 4, Supermon must use this move immediately after entering battle. The move may only be replaced once.

Too easy? Too hard? Let me know and I can think of something else!

Good luck and have fun!
For your White 2 Scramble, take Clutch the Sewaddle. Clutch is, as the name suggests, a clutch fighter. As such, it may not use attacking moves unless it is either below half health or a teammate (not HM slave) is fainted, in which case it must only use attacking moves. It must always switch in for a fainted teammate, unless this conflicts with another solo, and fight the enemy Pokemon until one of them is KOed.

Clutch doesn't believe in using items to get out of sticky situations, so whenever it is able to use an attacking move, it may not use items (you can still throw Pokeballs).

To evolve into Leavanny, Clutch must solo a Gym Leader whose type is super-effective against it (Roxie, Burgh, Skyla). This solo is optional; it must be done as a Swadloon to count, and you may not evolve unless you do it. If you choose to solo Skyla, Clutch loses its restrictions for the rest of the run. Unless you choose to solo Skyla, solo one of each Elite Four member's Pokemon (unless this conflicts with another solo).
I assume you're playing BW2 because of the Pokémon?

Take mahRIP the Mareep.

mahRIP isn't enjoying life... and is preferably fainted so they don't have to deal with their dark thoughts. Because of this, mahRIP forces you to use it whenever it isn't fainted. You can only use other Pokemon when it is fainted (even after a PokeCenter visit!). You can't use Potions on it either. You are allowed to use Status-Healing items, just not any that heal HP.

Additionally, nothing can light up mahRIP's world. It can't use Electric-type moves as they won't do anything in the eternal darkness surrounding it.

Once mahRIP gets Take Down, it must learn it. It wants to faint itself as soon as possible.

mahRIP may evolve into Flaaffy when it has successfully gotten itself fainted by using Take Down and fainting to the recoil. Afterwards you can freely evolve into Ampharos.

You have the choice, when mahRIP is a Flaaffy or an Ampharos to let your entire team help mahRIP to get over its depression. While this will remove mahRIP's normal restriction, it'll make it so that it can only use Electric or Fire-type attacks. Additionally, if after this change any of your Pokémon are KOd by a Dark, Ghost, or Bug-type (either Pokemon or move), they'll be stuck in a new depression. They'll get all of mahRIP's previous restrictions. This can happen to multiple Pokemon.

Good luck, have fun. I tried to make it a unique challenge, although it should be quite hard!
Ok then, no gym solo huehue

Take Amnesiac the Woobat!
Amnesiac is just a normal Woobat. Who happens to have some head trauma, resulting in a teensy amount of recurring memory loss. Unfortunately for him, this means that there are quite a few things that most pokemon know that he doesn't. And what he does remember sometimes confuses him.
Amnesiac is a bit lacking in strategy, and he can never recall the fact that status moves are actually useful. Amnesiac may only have damaging moves, and must have all moves of different types as soon as possible. He also forgets the moves he already has from time to time. PP restoring items are allowed, but if a move's PP is ever allowed to go under 1/4 of its PP, it must be replaced. Don't forget!

Amnesiac knows that he has a problem, and is always trying to fix it. Amnesiac must swap in on any pokemon that uses Amnesia, Calm Mind, or Nasty Plot in battle, in order to fully understand how the mind works. He must stay in battle until the other pokemon faints or uses that move again. This does not apply during solos.

Unfortunately, Amnesiac's head trauma only gets worse with subsequent injuries. Each time Amnesiac faints, randomly select a type. Amnesiac can no longer battle against pokemon of that type (dual-typed pokemon can still be fought if the other type hasn't been selected). This overrides the previous rule. don't faint too often

Amnesiac must evolve at exactly level 29 (which is when he would learn Amnesia). If Amnesiac does not have high enough friendship by level 29, rip.

if this isn't something that appeals to you, I can always come up with something else! I was trying to go for a challenge that starts out easy, but has the potential to go downhill : )

Last edited:
Blast from the past right here Hitmonleet lmao
Think i have a good idea for a poke, but want to give you some breathing room.
Do you want a starter pokemon to be used? Or, is there a certain pokemon/type of pokemon that you feel you need to round out your team?
Kek

Tbh as long as it isn't a gym solo (I already have 5-7 of them) anything's fine

Tbh as long as it isn't a gym solo (I already have 5-7 of them) anything's fine

Amnesiac is just a normal Woobat. Who happens to have some head trauma, resulting in a teensy amount of recurring memory loss. Unfortunately for him, this means that there are quite a few things that most pokemon know that he doesn't. And what he does remember sometimes confuses him.
Amnesiac is a bit lacking in strategy, and he can never recall the fact that status moves are actually useful. Amnesiac may only have damaging moves, and must have all moves of different types as soon as possible. He also forgets the moves he already has from time to time. PP restoring items are allowed, but if a move's PP is ever allowed to go under 1/4 of its PP, it must be replaced. Don't forget!

Amnesiac knows that he has a problem, and is always trying to fix it. Amnesiac must swap in on any pokemon that uses Amnesia, Calm Mind, or Nasty Plot in battle, in order to fully understand how the mind works. He must stay in battle until the other pokemon faints or uses that move again. This does not apply during solos.

Unfortunately, Amnesiac's head trauma only gets worse with subsequent injuries. Each time Amnesiac faints, randomly select a type. Amnesiac can no longer battle against pokemon of that type (dual-typed pokemon can still be fought if the other type hasn't been selected). This overrides the previous rule. don't faint too often

Amnesiac must evolve at exactly level 29 (which is when he would learn Amnesia). If Amnesiac does not have high enough friendship by level 29, rip.

if this isn't something that appeals to you, I can always come up with something else! I was trying to go for a challenge that starts out easy, but has the potential to go downhill : )

Oh dear.

Taken!

With proper management it should be fine. And besides, its delayed payback for making me solo Team Flare with a litleo that only knows Fire moves :pimp:
I mean, I've given worse (see: Insanity in the same challenge)

Although, to clarify: It only has to solo the Lysandre fights, not all Team Flare fights, so that isn't too bad (Mega Gyarados will probably be a very interesting hurdle for you though) (and it can still have non-damaging non-fire moves)

I mean, I've given worse (see: Insanity in the same challenge)

Although, to clarify: It only has to solo the Lysandre fights, not all Team Flare fights, so that isn't too bad (Mega Gyarados will probably be a very interesting hurdle for you though) (and it can still have non-damaging non-fire moves)
ah right, i forgot about Instanity fml I'm restarting the challenge since i haven't touched it in two years, but I was at the Elite Four so i did somehow beat Lysandre. just don't remember how lmao

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)