Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Thanks bird crest for the challenge
then take Fangz the Ekans. Fangz thinks he/she is very cool, and show its fangs off to opponents. (So, whenever you send it out after Fangz has learned Bite, Fangz must use Bite). Fangz may never forget Bite, so it can keep showing enemies his/her AWESOME fangs. Fangz must solo Koga before it can evolve, because Fangz thinks Koga thinks he is more awesome than Fangz. After Fangz evolves, Fangz grows lasy, and must have a move set of: Rest, Body Slam, Bite, and Toxic as soon as possible. If you're wondering, all of those moves except Bite can be learned by ™, and Fangz should already know Bite. After evolution, Fangz may only use those 4 moves.

Could someone else please give me about three more pokemon for my challenge and make them pretty hard
Each person only gives you 1 scramblemon.

Celever: I give you Adorable the Dedenne.

Adorable is the cutest thing in the Kalos region, or so it believes. It knows how low its stats are, so it uses its charm to get by. As such, it must always know Charm, Nuzzle, and Attract(TM45 in Route 12). It must use each of those moves at least once against every pokemon it fights, whether or not they work.

Adorable feels emotionally endangered and insecure when other "cute" pokemon are nearby. In battles against other "cute" pokemon (up to you to decide what you think is "cute"), Adorable refuses to fight and cannot be switched in until the threat is extinguished.

Hydreigon1998: I'll give you Wrestler the Magikarp. It can't evolve into gyarados until it defeats a rock-type without help from other pokemon. As a Gyarados, it can only use Normal-type moves in battle. Good luck!

Also please guys I need more pokemans for my Gold scramble D:

Could someone else please give me about three more pokemon for my challenge and make them pretty hard
I give you SNAAAAAKE the Onix. SNAAAAAKE is obcessed with the fact he is a snake, and therefor thinks he is like Arbok. As a result, he may only use moves that Ekans/Arbok can learn [Tackle is the only legal move if he has none avaliable to him at the time]. In addittion, since he thinks he is strong against Grass types, he must solo at least one of Erika's pokemon [But continue fighting until he is KO'ed]. He is scared of fire, so cannot fight Blane.

He is also freinds with fangz, so must be sent out whenever Fangz faints to avenge his icon.

Also please guys I need more pokemans for my Gold scramble D:
Oh Triblock I didn't know you were doing one. I don't know your parameters so I'll give you something simple.

I give you Sir Puff the Jigglypuff. Sir Puff does not want to change his name to Sir Tuff, since it sounds less cool. As a result, Sir Puff may not evolve. In addittion, it must solo Whitney's Clefairy.

Also reminding people of my run since a lot of people are requesting and not a lot seem to be giving. Also I am changing my run to Pokemon X because I picked up a second hand copy of it today, allowing me to use X for challenge runs while keeping a finished file on Y. Also changing my 'Solo X mon to Y' rule to simply 'Do not ask me to solo something another pokemon given has to solo, more specific case wins if there is a conflict'.

Anyway; I'd like a Scramble Challenge of Pokemon Y X. Bear in mind the following:

- I do not want ANY starters, although a starter will be used until the first team member. This includes the Kanto starters.
- I may use 'EXP Sink' pokemon if overleveling becomes a problem, but these pokemon shall not partake in any major battles. It's just no fun when you're overleveled.
- I want at least the following number of pokemon by each of these milestones:
Viola - 1
Grant - 3
Korrina - 4
Olympia - 5
Elite 4 - 6
- Nothing that would require a trade to initially obtain.
- I want this DIFFICULT. I ask that you use common sense and not ask me to solo something that something else has to however. In cases where something must 'solo all fire types' and something has to solo say, one of Malva's mons, the more specific case wins.
- While I want this difficult, I reserve the right to object to anything completely absurd.
- Please do not give me Snorlax, Korrina's Lucario [Although you may give me a Riolu that was actually caught and evolved with effort], or Lapras.

Code:
Triblock:
Hydrophobe (Helioptile)
-If sand veil, must always know sandstorm and battle every ground-type you meet
-If dry skin, must always know rain dance and battle every water-type you meet
-Can never damage a water-type pokemon, no exceptions

Roadagain: 
Fair Play [Inkay]
- Cannot use attacks with a % chance of a bonus effect, such as Psybeam's confusion
- Must solo Valerie to evolve

Last edited:
I give you Sir Puff the Jigglypuff. Sir Puff does not want to change his name to Sir Tuff, since it sounds less cool. As a result, Sir Puff may not evolve. In addittion, it must solo Whitney's Clefairy.
Thanks! Now I only need one more, preferably something that can use surf and waterfall x.x

Raikaria, I gave you a scramble already, so I can't give you another :c

Raikaria, I gave you a scramble already, so I can't give you another :c
I know. That's why I was a little regretful I hadn't given you one in return already. Plus I thought I'd mention it because of the change to X from Y and me changing one of the rules a little.

Triblock said:
Thanks! Now I only need one more, preferably something that can use surf and waterfall x.x

Triblock, I give you little red the gyarados. This is the red gyarados baby and as such must be bred from the red gyarados. Since he aspires to be like his father he must have two of the same moves as the original red gyarados.( this allows for surf and waterfall). To prove that he is a superior gyarados he must solo all gyarados and related snakelike pokemon( Arbok, dragonair). You can use a HM slave that can just use surf and never battle before you catch his father the red gyarados

This was my first challenge hope you like it triblock

Last edited:
Also reminding people of my run since a lot of people are requesting and not a lot seem to be giving. Also I am changing my run to Pokemon X because I picked up a second hand copy of it today, allowing me to use X for challenge runs while keeping a finished file on Y. Also changing my 'Solo X mon to Y' rule to simply 'Do not ask me to solo something another pokemon given has to solo, more specific case wins if there is a conflict'.
Well, it is far easier to 'ask' than 'give'. I try to give out stuff semi-regularly (When I had my SS Scramble going, I always made a point to give a challenge or two before starting to work on the new update), but on the other hand, if I constantly shoot out challenges, they aren't going to be as thought out. Well, mine are never too thought out, and I really envy people that can do some crazy-original challenges for people.

On that note though, take Fair Play the Inkay.

There's lately been a lot of talk about a certain strategy *coughswagplaycough* being uncompetitive. Now, of course, Dark-types are often linked to using various 'dirty' tactics in battle, and Fair Play is out to show that no sort of hax isn't needed to win.
As such, Fair Play cannot use any attacks that rely on chance. (Be it a chance to flinch, decreasing stats, or status ailments, or whatever effects an attack may have. If an effect has a 100% chance to occur when hitting the foe, it's fair game)
Unfortunately for the opponents of this Inkay, there's a small loophole included. The accuracy of a move is, debatably, entirely dependent on the ability of the Pokemon using them, and as such, are not within the range of 'chance'.

To evolve, Fair Play must 'turn the type advantage upside-down', and defeat the strongest Fairy-type trainer, Valerie, with the fair strategies he/she has learned on the way.

This is a fairly simple challenge, but it severely limits what you can do. It definitely has a way to handle Valerie. That's the main reason it has a loophole or two to abuse, heh.

---

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-scramble-challange-mark-2.3455879/page-414#post-5239582
I feel like sort of a broken record when I keep pointing out my upcoming Y challange, but oh well. I'm patient.

On that note though, take Fair Play the Inkay.

There's lately been a lot of talk about a certain strategy *coughswagplaycough* being uncompetitive. Now, of course, Dark-types are often linked to using various 'dirty' tactics in battle, and Fair Play is out to show that no sort of hax isn't needed to win.
As such, Fair Play cannot use any attacks that rely on chance. (Be it a chance to flinch, decreasing stats, or status ailments, or whatever effects an attack may have. If an effect has a 100% chance to occur when hitting the foe, it's fair game)
Unfortunately for the opponents of this Inkay, there's a small loophole included. The accuracy of a move is, debatably, entirely dependent on the ability of the Pokemon using them, and as such, are not within the range of 'chance'.

To evolve, Fair Play must 'turn the type advantage upside-down', and defeat the strongest Fairy-type trainer, Valerie, with the fair strategies he/she has learned on the way.

This is a fairly simple challenge, but it severely limits what you can do. It definitely has a way to handle Valerie. That's the main reason it has a loophole or two to abuse, heh.

Accepted.

I will give you Skarmbliss the Mantine
Obviously you are allowed to catch a Remoraid for the evolution.
You must evolve Skarmbliss ASAP into Mantine.

Skarmbliss is upset. He's a Mantine, who's supposed to be the special equivilent of Skarmory, but 'Skarmbliss' exists, and 'MantSkarm' does not. Everyone loves Skarmory, but everyone hates Mantines.

NO MORE.

Skarmbliss wishes to prove itself as the best special wall in the game. As a result, it must solo the following:
Valerie's Mr.Mime
Olympia entirely
Wulfric's Cyrongal
Seibold's Starmie

It must also attempt to fight, until it falls or wins, the following:
Celmont [I don't expect it to last long here]
Mega Gardevoir [Again, this has Thunderbolt, so I don't expect you to win this with Skarmbliss]

However, a special wall is not complete without a moveset. Sadly, despite being a Flying-type, Mantine cannot use Roost. To make up for this, Skarmbliss must learn Rest and Sleep Talk as a form of recovery, and know them at all times. It must also hold the Leftovers at all times, since it's a wall!

Accepted.

I will give you Skarmbliss the Mantine
Obviously you are allowed to catch a Remoraid for the evolution.
You must evolve Skarmbliss ASAP into Mantine.

Skarmbliss is upset. He's a Mantine, who's supposed to be the special equivilent of Skarmory, but 'Skarmbliss' exists, and 'MantSkarm' does not. Everyone loves Skarmory, but everyone hates Mantines.

NO MORE.

Skarmbliss wishes to prove itself as the best special wall in the game. As a result, it must solo the following:
Valerie's Mr.Mime
Olympia entirely
Wulfric's Cyrongal
Seibold's Starmie

It must also attempt to fight, until it falls or wins, the following:
Celmont [I don't expect it to last long here]
Mega Gardevoir [Again, this has Thunderbolt, so I don't expect you to win this with Skarmbliss]

However, a special wall is not complete without a moveset. Sadly, despite being a Flying-type, Mantine cannot use Roost. To make up for this, Skarmbliss must learn Rest and Sleep Talk as a form of recovery, and know them at all times. It must also hold the Leftovers at all times, since it's a wall!
There's a small issue with with conflicting requirements here. Diancie the Carbink is already supposed to both solo Olympia and the Mega Gardevoir. Outside of that, I'd be totally fine with this one.

Triblock, I give you little red the gyarados. This is the red gyarados baby and as such must be bred from the red gyarados. Since he aspires to be like his father he must have two of the same moves as the original red gyarados.( this allows for surf and waterfall). To prove that he is a superior gyarados he must solo all gyarados and related snakelike pokemon( Arbok, dragonair). You can use a HM slave that can just use surf and never battle before you catch his father the red gyarados

This was my first challenge hope you like it triblock
I do like it, I've never had a challenge that required breeding before :o I'll probably catch a tentacool or something to give surf beforehand. Also I just noticed, I need it to learn Whirlpool as well. I can probably go to the move deleter afterwards.

And with that, my Gold Scramble can begin!

Quick team recap:
Sandshrew [Given by Hulavuta]
-Always knows Defense Curl and Sand Attack
-Can't attack unless it uses defense curl once per switch-in and sand attack once per enemy pokemon

Spinarak [Given by DestinyGallade]
-Must know CONSTRICT, STRING SHOT, SPIDER WEB and POISON STING
-To evolve, must solo Bugsy
-Must be the first spinarak I find

Bird Satan/Spearow [given by shinyskarmory]
-Cannot be the lowest level in my team
-Cannot use any moves that Pidgeot can learn
-> Can only learn: Drill Peck, False Swipe, Fury Attack, Growl, Leer, Scary Face, Sonicboom

Bellsprout [Given by Mecha Ajnin]
-Must solo every grass-type I encounter (ESPECIALLY BELLSPROUTS)
-Must solo Morty

Sir Puff/Jigglypuff [Given by Raikaria]
-Can't evolve
-Must solo Whitney's Clefairy

Little Red/Gyarados [Given by Hydreigon1998]
-Must be bred from the Red Gyarados
-Must know two of the Red Gyarados's moves
-Must solo all serpent-like pokemon (Arbok, Dragonair, etc)

I'll give an update whenever I accomplish something (defeat a gymleader, acquire a scramblemon, etc). The ultimate goal is to defeat Red atop Mt. Silver! Wish me luck!

Last edited:
It's been too long since I last had a scramble, so I may as well ask for one on Ruby, Easy-mid difficulty. No starter, max 2 Pokemon before the first gym and I do not want to use Zigzagoon, Plusle, Minun, Magikarp, Lileep, Grimer, Volbeat, Illumise, Wurmple, Wailmer, Marill or anything used in my Emerald or FireRed scrambles. Also, no trading and I want a complete team by Winona. Also, I'd like a Fire-type and a Pokemon that can use Fly. I want to use some underused mons, and would like a mix of common- and rarely-used pokemon. I think that's all- thanks in advance!
Just reminding everyone of this. Need 4 more Pokemon, two of which should come before gym 1, and one of which should be a Water-type
Challanges so far:
(Roadagain)[/I]]Alright, get Bogey the Slugma.
Bogey is a very special sort of a Slugma. Unlike most, it doesn't have a problem of being slow, or tired. As such, it will keep the ever-reliable Yawn on it's moveset. In addition to this, since it relies on Recover to heal, it will not be able to use any HP-healing items. Unfortunately, back in the days of Gen III, neither Slugma or Magcargo can could learn Recover. As such, it simply can't use HP-healing of any sort.

(Raikaria)[/I]]@ CJorex -I give you Fairwy the Mawile. The only limitation to this Mawile is that she [or he] is upset that her [or his] true typing does not exist yet, neither does her Mega Evolution. As a result, she [Or he] must always know Fake Tears. Fairwy is aware of the types she should have super-effective coverage on. As a result, to prove her fairy-ness, she must solo at least one of Sydney and Drake's pokemon.

Last edited:
Ultra-Mega-Hard-Make-Me-Suffer-And-Die-Scramble-GO!

Pokémon X is an easy game, we all know that. Make it hard for me. I will not use the EXP. SHARE in it ever. Ever. Make me cry, make me die, make me... fly. Or something. JUST MAKE IT HARD OK?

(I will try to write flavour.)

Just saying guys, I reserve the right to reject any challenges which I feel are too easy or just to ask "add a few more challenges" to said Pokémon. Oh, and one more thing: At least one X/Y mon. Let your imaginations run free with this one, and don't go easy on me. That's not the point. No excessive grinding, either.

Team:
1)
I grant you Infection the Mothim. When you first get him, he starts out as a Burmy. At this point, there are no restrictions, except the fact that the Burmy must be male, and it must at least participate against Viola's Surskit.

It is when Infection evolves into a Mothim that restrictions begin.

Infection is a sadistic Mothim, and likes to see his victims suffer. As a result, it may never forget Protect, and it must be taught and never forget Infestation. It must open every battle with Infestation, and then use Protect the next turn.

Upon reaching Route 14; you must obtain TM06, and also teach this to Infection. Infection's move cycle changes to Infestation-Toxic-Protect, after which you are free to use any move you wish.

Infection is never allowed to learn Roost, but aside from this your 4th move slot is free. [But you may only use it after your initial rotation]

After learning Toxic, Infection must defeat at least 1 pokemon in each 'boss' battle until the Elite Four. [Specifically the Rival, Olympia, Wulfric, Lysandre] At the Elite 4, the only restriction is that it must defeat something against Dianthia and Wilkstrom.

2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
I'll give you BANZAI! the Farfetch'd. This Farfetch'd must be caught holding a stick- if it is not holding a Stick when you catch it, you may not use it and must catch another (You may use a Scatterbug with Compound eyes to help if you like, I'm not sadistic). You may never remove this Stick, and if it is removed through Knock Off, BANZAI! must faint as soon as possible. BANZAI! must lead every major battle (gyms, rivals, Team Flare, e4) that is not already being solo'd, and must stay in until he faints. I should add that he also wants to show off his flying skills, and so he may only have one Flying move, which you progressively upgrade. Start with Peck, the replace it with Aerial Ace, then Brave Bird (I won't make you do Acrobatics, unless you really want to) (You may also have Fly, but may not use it in battle). These flying moves are the only ones he may use in major battles (so yes, you must lead and then Brave Bird yourself to fainting once you get it). BANZAI! also believes in full-on offense, and so he may only use contact moves against the opponent.
Good Luck, I think you'll need it!
EDIT: If something has to solo the first Pokemon in a major battle, let them do that, and then switch in on the next Pokemon

Just reminding everyone I still need 3 more pokemon for my pokemon red scramble. I would like detailed rules and a pokemon that can learn surf as my gyarados can only use normal type moves. Make it difficult

I give you SNAAAAAKE the Onix. SNAAAAAKE is obcessed with the fact he is a snake, and therefor thinks he is like Arbok. As a result, he may only use moves that Ekans/Arbok can learn [Tackle is the only legal move if he has none avaliable to him at the time]. In addittion, since he thinks he is strong against Grass types, he must solo at least one of Erika's pokemon [But continue fighting until he is KO'ed]. He is scared of fire, so cannot fight Blane. He is also freinds with fangz, so must be sent out whenever Fangz faints to avenge his icon.

I'll give you Wrestler the Magikarp. It can't evolve into gyarados until it defeats a rock-type without help from other pokemon. As a Gyarados, it can only use Normal-type moves in battle. Good luck

fangz the ekans (close)
then take Fangz the Ekans. Fangz thinks he/she is very cool, and show its fangs off to opponents. (So, whenever you send it out after Fangz has learned Bite, Fangz must use Bite). Fangz may never forget Bite, so it can keep showing enemies his/her AWESOME fangs. Fangz must solo Koga before it can evolve, because Fangz thinks Koga thinks he is more awesome than Fangz. After Fangz evolves, Fangz grows lasy, and must have a move set of: Rest, Body Slam, Bite, and Toxic as soon as possible. If you're wondering, all of those moves except Bite can be learned by ™, and Fangz should already know Bite. After evolution, Fangz may only use those 4 moves.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Take Special the Rhyhorn. Special likes to be a polar opposite to all other Rhyhorn, and as such tries to be as special as humanely possible. Normally, Rhyhorn use physical attack and abuse their strong physical defense. As Special is the opposite of them, it may only use Special Attacks and may only battle Pokémon who's type(s) is/are special. This means that you can battle Vaporeon, but you can't battle Parasect, because it is part Bug, nor Tauros, because it is just Normal. It can use status moves of any type except for Normal, as that is the only type move it learns via level up. Special moves it learns in the game (all TMs):
BubbleBeam, Water Gun, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Fire Blast, Surf
. If it ever battles a Pokémon who's type(s) are Physical, then Special gets so hurt he cannot battle for your next 3 battles. This should be enough l0l!! Actually.. let's have it solo Blue, as well. Just for good measure.

Alright, here's a quick recap!
Started off catching Bird Satan. I had to change the time on my file because I forgot you can't catch it at night :x

Then I caught Sir Puff! It took me a while to find it but I was lucky it was a guy because I forgot to check beforehand.

Up until catching Spinarak I couldn't fight any battles. Spearow's only usable move was growl, and jigglypuff had sing.

Now I began to train Spinarak because it'd be my only usable pokemon for a bit. While training Bird Satan by switching him out with Spinarak, I caught Bellsprout!

I decided to train Bellsprout and Bird Satan simultaneously by fighting Geodudes in Dark Cave. Did the same with Sir Puff a while later.

And finally once Bellsprout learned Wrap, I challenged the Sprout Tower and won!

My next goal is to train Bird Satan to lv13 to learn Fury Attack, and Sir Puff to lv9 to learn Pound, and then challenge Falkner at the gym. Also, Mecha Ajnin, I'm slightly altering Bellsprout's "must solo other grass-type pokemon" rule so that it doesn't include wild pokemon, it's a bit difficult to remember when training at high speeds. If that's not okay let me know! ^^'

CJorex, I'll give you Teensy the Wailord. It must be the offspring of a male skitty and another wailord (or wailmer). Being the child of a skitty, it thinks it's pretty small, and therefore thinks it's okay to flail about "harmlessly". From birth, it must always know Splash. Since it's taken enough effort so far to get, its only other limitation is that it can't battle other skitty or delcatty, because they remind it of its father.

Celever....

You have won Gourami the luvdisc

S/he can only fight opposing gender pokemon and they must be infatuated on the first turn of battle (infatuation applies only after you have learnt attract). However, after learning attract S/he cannot forget it! (and you cant skip learning it either). She must also always know sweet kiss after learning it, S/he is a Kissing Gourami after all. Offensivewise, s/he is not fan of attacking and can therefore only use special offensive moves. Finally, depending on her gender she must solo either Drasna (If male) or Wikstrom, If Female (ignore the gender restriction here but attract must still be utilised) I

If this is too easy, ask for more

Good Luck

Alright, here's a quick recap!
Started off catching Bird Satan. I had to change the time on my file because I forgot you can't catch it at night :x

Then I caught Sir Puff! It took me a while to find it but I was lucky it was a guy because I forgot to check beforehand.

Up until catching Spinarak I couldn't fight any battles. Spearow's only usable move was growl, and jigglypuff had sing.

Now I began to train Spinarak because it'd be my only usable pokemon for a bit. While training Bird Satan by switching him out with Spinarak, I caught Bellsprout!

I decided to train Bellsprout and Bird Satan simultaneously by fighting Geodudes in Dark Cave. Did the same with Sir Puff a while later.

And finally once Bellsprout learned Wrap, I challenged the Sprout Tower and won!

My next goal is to train Bird Satan to lv13 to learn Fury Attack, and Sir Puff to lv9 to learn Pound, and then challenge Falkner at the gym. Also, Mecha Ajnin, I'm slightly altering Bellsprout's "must solo other grass-type pokemon" rule so that it doesn't include wild pokemon, it's a bit difficult to remember when training at high speeds. If that's not okay let me know! ^^'

CJorex, I'll give you Teensy the Wailord. It must be the offspring of a male skitty and another wailord (or wailmer). Being the child of a skitty, it thinks it's pretty small, and therefore thinks it's okay to flail about "harmlessly". From birth, it must always know Splash. Since it's taken enough effort so far to get, its only other limitation is that it can't battle other skitty or delcatty, because they remind it of its father.
I'm very sorry, but I specified in my rules that I didn't want to use Wailmer. Thanks anyway

I'm very sorry, but I specified in my rules that I didn't want to use Wailmer. Thanks anyway
Well I'm sorry, I blanked out and didn't read your rules x.x I'd better save that scramble for later, then.

In that case, I'll give you your flier, Eytch Em the Tropius. It can only use HM moves, but it can't be taught Fly unless it solos one of Winona's pokemon (your choice). Also it has to solo one of Glacia's pokemon (also your choice). Good luck, sorry for the slip-up, if I made any other mistakes or anything please let me know!

Well I'm sorry, I blanked out and didn't read your rules x.x I'd better save that scramble for later, then.

In that case, I'll give you your flier, Eytch Em the Tropius. It can only use HM moves, but it can't be taught Fly unless it solos one of Winona's pokemon (your choice). Also it has to solo one of Glacia's pokemon (also your choice). Good luck, sorry for the slip-up, if I made any other mistakes or anything please let me know!
I'm really really sorry but I also said I didn't want to use any pokemon from my previous emerald scramble, and Tropius was one of them. Again, really sorry for the trouble

I'm really really sorry but I also said I didn't want to use any pokemon from my previous emerald scramble, and Tropius was one of them. Again, really sorry for the trouble
Well I may as well just not give you one because I'm dumb x.x Unless you're willing to take Siebold the Gyarados, who loves to cook and eat, and must always be holding a berry, and who can't be used in the Elite Four unless it has one of its contest stats maxed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)