Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Well I may as well just not give you one because I'm dumb x.x Unless you're willing to take Siebold the Gyarados, who loves to cook and eat, and must always be holding a berry, and who can't be used in the Elite Four unless it has one of its contest stats maxed?
I really don't want to reject another challange, so I guess I accept! I'll just wait until I have the exp share before I capture him (so I don't have to use Magikarp for too long). And just because I feel like it, I might try to win some contests with him :). Also, could you put in a solo or something, just to make it a bit more challenging?

Challanges so far:
(Roadagain)[/I]]Alright, get Bogey the Slugma.
Bogey is a very special sort of a Slugma. Unlike most, it doesn't have a problem of being slow, or tired. As such, it will keep the ever-reliable Yawn on it's moveset. In addition to this, since it relies on Recover to heal, it will not be able to use any HP-healing items. Unfortunately, back in the days of Gen III, neither Slugma or Magcargo can could learn Recover. As such, it simply can't use HP-healing of any sort.

(Raikaria)[/I]]@ CJorex -I give you Fairwy the Mawile. The only limitation to this Mawile is that she [or he] is upset that her [or his] true typing does not exist yet, neither does her Mega Evolution. As a result, she [Or he] must always know Fake Tears. Fairwy is aware of the types she should have super-effective coverage on. As a result, to prove her fairy-ness, she must solo at least one of Sydney and Drake's pokemon.

(TriBlock)[/I]]take Siebold the Gyarados, who loves to cook and eat, and must always be holding a berry, and who can't be used in the Elite Four unless it has one of its contest stats maxed.
He must also win the Normal and Super ranks of any one contest

Last edited:
Well you could catch it as a Magikarp, there's probably some place you can catch one at Lv20...right? Not sure.

Rather than have him solo somebody, I propose having him win the contest in which he's best! I don't remember how many "levels" of contests there are, or how difficult they get, so I guess at least the first 2 contests?

Well you could catch it as a Magikarp, there's probably some place you can catch one at Lv20...right? Not sure.

Rather than have him solo somebody, I propose having him win the contest in which he's best! I don't remember how many "levels" of contests there are, or how difficult they get, so I guess at least the first 2 contests?
Well I'm maxing out a stat and I found a pretty good moveset for Gyarados, so I think I'll go all the way! I'll add that as a restriction before challenging the e4

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
CJorex

Take Point the Cacnea.

Point the Cacnea. I guess you know why he's named like that. Anyhoo, he's been alone for a long time in the desert, longing for love and all. He often likes to approach and hug things that may come near him (weird huh?). As such, he may only battle using only moves that involve pins or draining moves (sandstorm also works but w/e). Here's a legality list:
Poison Sting
Absorb
Leech Seed
Pin Missile
Spikes
Growth
Ingrain
Needle Arm
Sandstorm
Giga Drain

However, through years of being alone in the desert his heart feels empty of love of motivation. Well, to get him back up to his feet and grow (evolve), he needs to receive Leech Seed recovery at least 60 times.

After that, he feels the need to share his newfound energy with everybody. Therefore, he needs to win at least one contest (Smart preferably with his moveset but w/e). After that, he can now learn Faint Attack. In addition, he must also solo at least one mon from each E4 member.

glhf!

CJorex

Take Point the Cacnea.

Point the Cacnea. I guess you know why he's named like that. Anyhoo, he's been alone for a long time in the desert, longing for love and all. He often likes to approach and hug things that may come near him (weird huh?). As such, he may only battle using only moves that involve pins or draining moves (sandstorm also works but w/e). Here's a legality list:
Poison Sting
Absorb
Leech Seed
Pin Missile
Spikes
Growth
Ingrain
Needle Arm
Sandstorm
Giga Drain

However, through years of being alone in the desert his heart feels empty of love of motivation. Well, to get him back up to his feet and grow (evolve), he needs to receive Leech Seed recovery at least 60 times.

After that, he feels the need to share his newfound energy with everybody. Therefore, he needs to win at least one contest (Smart preferably with his moveset but w/e). After that, he can now learn Faint Attack. In addition, he must also solo at least one mon from each E4 member.

glhf!
Accepted, except I have no idea how I'm going to keep count of the Leech Seed recoveries

Last edited:
Need 2 more on my Ruby challenge, one of which must be a Shroomish or Treecko.
Challanges so far:
Bogey the Slugma (Roadagain)
Alright, get Bogey the Slugma.
Bogey is a very special sort of a Slugma. Unlike most, it doesn't have a problem of being slow, or tired. As such, it will keep the ever-reliable Yawn on it's moveset. In addition to this, since it relies on Recover to heal, it will not be able to use any HP-healing items. Unfortunately, back in the days of Gen III, neither Slugma or Magcargo can could learn Recover. As such, it simply can't use HP-healing of any sort.
Fairwy the Mawile (Raikaria)
@ CJorex -I give you Fairwy the Mawile. The only limitation to this Mawile is that she [or he] is upset that her [or his] true typing does not exist yet, neither does her Mega Evolution. As a result, she [Or he] must always know Fake Tears. Fairwy is aware of the types she should have super-effective coverage on. As a result, to prove her fairy-ness, she must solo at least one of Sydney and Drake's pokemon.
Siebold the Gyarados (TriBlock)
Take Siebold the Gyarados, who loves to cook and eat, and must always be holding a berry, and who can't be used in the Elite Four unless it has one of its contest stats maxed.
He must also win the Normal and Super ranks of any one contest\
Point the Cacnea (Memoric)
Take Point the Cacnea.
Poison Sting
Absorb
Leech Seed
Pin Missile
Spikes
Growth
Ingrain
Needle Arm
Sandstorm
Giga Drain
After that, he feels the need to share his newfound energy with everybody. Therefore, he needs to win at least one contest (Smart preferably with his moveset but w/e). After that, he can now learn Faint Attack. In addition, he must also solo at least one mon from each E4 member

hey guys back again! My friend wants to do a scramble but he doesn't have smogon account so im here! Hes looking for five scrambles (im doing his starter) for a platinum challange (easy difficulty) so i guess we're both doing platinum... As such he'll want no repeats of my scramble since we'll probably play along together (my scramble is on page 418 for reference) happy scrambles!
Got yur starter: take monk the chimchar, monk is a priest of the first church of helix who believes that physichal attacks are violent and disgraceful. He can only use special and status moves. To evolve it must solo maylene to teach her violence is wrong. To evolve again he must solo ten karate girls/black belts. Infernape must always learn calm as soon as he gets it and must use it at the start of every battle. Once you find one of the arceus plates he must always be holding one, no matter what. Good luck!

I give your freind DELEWOOP [Must be allcaps], the Kricketune.
DELEWOOP is a cold-blooded killer. As such, it only likes to use tools of the trade. DELEWOOP cannot evolve until Lv 16, where it learns Bug Bite. From there, it may only learn specific moves in addition to it's movepool at the time of evolution:
Focus Energy
Cut
Rock Smash
Swords Dance
X-Scissor
Giga Impact
Aerial Ace
DELEWOOP cannot learn any other moves at any point. This means you cannot level it up to Lv 18 [Where it would naturally learn Sing] until it has learnt one of the above moves by TM, most likely Cut.

Sure!
Tell your friend to take Karate to Buneary. Karate believes that it is a Fighting Type, despite all attempts to convince her otherwise. As such, it can only ever learn physical moves. It must always know at least one Fighting type move as soon as possible, and use that at least twice every battle. If you accidentally kill the enemy before using the fighting type move twice, it must be sent out first against the next trainer and cannot be switch out until it KOs a Pokemon, or is KO'd. To evolve, it must solo Maylene and prove itself to be the best Fighter in the Sinnoh Region.
To recap:
-Buneary named Karate
-Must only know physical moves
-Must know one Fighting Move, and use that twice in any given battle she participates in
-If she fails at the above, she must fight in the next battle until she KOs a 'Mon or is KO'd
-Must solo Maylene to evolve
Happy Scrambling!

4 places to go!

Last edited:
DestinyGallade

I give your freind DELEWOOP [Must be allcaps], the Kricketune.

DELEWOOP is a cold-blooded killer. As such, it only likes to use tools of the trade. DELEWOOP cannot evolve until Lv 16, where it learns Bug Bite. From there, it may only learn specific moves in addition to it's movepool at the time of evolution:
Focus Energy
Cut
Rock Smash
Swords Dance
X-Scissor
Giga Impact
Aerial Ace

DELEWOOP cannot learn any other moves at any point. This means you cannot level it up to Lv 18 [Where it would naturally learn Sing] until it has learnt one of the above moves by TM, most likely Cut.

hey, sorry to ask you again but could you give my friend a scramble for his challange?
Sure!
Tell your friend to take Karate to Buneary. Karate believes that it is a Fighting Type, despite all attempts to convince her otherwise. As such, it can only ever learn physical moves. It must always know at least one Fighting type move as soon as possible, and use that at least twice every battle. If you accidentally kill the enemy before using the fighting type move twice, it must be sent out first against the next trainer and cannot be switch out until it KOs a Pokemon, or is KO'd. To evolve, it must solo Maylene and prove itself to be the best Fighter in the Sinnoh Region.

To recap:
-Buneary named Karate
-Must only know physical moves
-Must know one Fighting Move, and use that twice in any given battle she participates in
-If she fails at the above, she must fight in the next battle until she KOs a 'Mon or is KO'd
-Must solo Maylene to evolve

Happy Scrambling!

Reminder of my scramble:

Anyway; I'd like a Scramble Challenge of Pokemon Y. Bear in mind the following:

- I do not want ANY starters, although a starter will be used until the first team member. This includes the Kanto starters.
- I may use 'EXP Sink' pokemon if overleveling becomes a problem, but these pokemon shall not partake in any major battles. It's just no fun when you're overleveled.
- I want at least the following number of pokemon by each of these milestones:
Viola - 1
Grant - 3
Korrina - 4
Olympia - 5
Elite 4 - 6
- Nothing that would require a trade to initially obtain.
- I want this DIFFICULT. However, a maximum of 1 'Solo X mon to Y' challenge per boss battle, and none of these related to evolution can be in the Elite 4. While I want this difficult, I reserve the right to object to anything completely absurd.
- Please do not give me Snorlax, Korrina's Lucario [Although you may give me a Riolu that was actually caught and evolved with effort], or Lapras.

Code:
Triblock:
Hydrophobe (Helioptile)
-If sand veil, must always know sandstorm and battle every ground-type you meet
-If dry skin, must always know rain dance and battle every water-type you meet
-Can never damage a water-type pokemon, no exceptions

Roadagain:
Fair Play [Inkay]
- Cannot use moves with a % chance of causing secondary effects
- Non-100% accuracy moves are 'fair play' however
- Must solo Valerie to evolve
chaostothemax: I am not aware of your intended difficulty, so I won't go wild:
I give you Aquaman the Poliwag. This Poliwag must be male, as it is AQUAMAN.

Poliwag is a super-hero, and has very useful powers. Unfortunately, it only seems to be allowed to shine in specific situations. As such, for Aquaman to participate in a major battle [Gym Leaders, Rival, E4/Champion and Rocket Admins], the entirety of your remaining team must have already fainted, since only then will they accept THIS LOOKS LIKE A JOB FOR AQUAMAN!

There are two exceptions, however. Aquaman must prove his dominance of the oceans. As a result, to evolve into Poliwrath, he must solo Chuck's own Poliwrath as a Poliwhirl. In addition, he must solo Lugia. You are not allowed to use the Master Ball on Lugia or run. You must either KO or capture it using Aquaman solo.

Aquaman's moveset must contain Hypnosis at all times, and learn Focus Punch after defeating Chuck's Poliwrath. The punch of a super hero of justice like Aquaman takes time to prepare!

Aquaman is not allowed to evolve into Politoad. He is the King of Atlantis, not some cheerleading frog!

Accepted, Raikaria! I'll scramble you back as well :)
Take Coward the Froakie. Coward is a very frightened Froakie, who dislikes combat. As such, he can never be used first in a battle. (Switching him in after the first turn is fine.) Not battling much, however, has made a disaster of his fighting skills; he cannot use STAB moves, due to lack of practice. There are no requirements for him to evolve the first time, but he becomes even more scared as he does so. As a Frogadier, he becomes even more scared for his well-being; he may not be used against Ramos or Clemont, or anywhere within their respective gyms. Finally, he realizes that he is the team's weakest link, and he must become stronger to help his friends. To become stronger, however, he must conquer the evils in the world. Have him solo Lysandre's Gyarados in the final battle, and any other Pokemon he sends out after that until Coward faints. Sacrificing his well-being for the good of everybody makes him stronger, and he evolves into Greninja. As a Greninja, the not battling first requirement is removed.

In short:
-Froakie named Coward
-May not be used first in battle
-Cannot use STAB moves
-Can evolve into Frogadier with no restrictions, but cannot fight in Clemont or Ramos' Gyms
-Solo Lysandre's Gyarados, and keep fighting after that until he faints to evolve into Greninja
-As Greninja, can be used first in battle

Happy Scrambling!

Gold Scramble Challenge Update #2:

So Bird Satan finally learned Fury Attack! Which meant I was ready to move on and challenge Falkner.

The other birds were no match for Bird Satan, the unholy offspring of Gamefreak and RNG!

That was quick.

So then I got the Togepi Egg. I figured I would hatch it to get the Everstone so I don't accidentally evolve Sir Puff.

Yes, I actually walked all the way back to Newbark Town to hatch the egg and get the everstone.

I went on ahead to Union Cave and caught myself a Sandshrew! Hurray!

I technically couldn't fight with it until it learned both Defense Curl and Sand Attack, but that was hardly a problem to accomplish.

As you can see, it's a pretty big toll on Sandshrew, having to spend two turns not attacking in every battle while he gets beaten up by zubats and rattatas.

And that's where I left off. I'll probably post another update in the next few days. Next up I'll be defeating Team Rocket in slowpoke well, then grinding my Spinarak in preparation for soloing Bugsy! Stay tuned!

I was wondering, guys, when a pokemon is supposed to "solo" a trainer/gym leader, what happens if it faints? Do I fail? Do I try again? Specifically aimed at DestinyGallade since the Spinarak he gave me has to solo Bugsy, but really anybody can answer. Thanks!

Also, chaostothemax, I'll give you a Growlithe named Hobbes. He's a very loyal and kind-natured Growlithe who gets along well with younger pokemon. It can't evolve into an Arcanine unless it "protects" the lowest leveled pokemon on your team from fainting by switching in on a move that would have caused that pokemon to faint, then knocking out the enemy pokemon. This must happen during a trainer/gym leader battle, it can't be a wild battle. As an Arcanine, he isn't allowed to damage any pokemon less than half his own level unless they land a critical hit on him.

DISCLAIMER: I know hobbes is a tiger and arcanine is more like a dog, but I don't think you expect anyone to make you chase down Raikou and then actually catch it :x

Good luck!

Solo Lysandre's Gyarados, and keep fighting after that until he faints to evolve into Greninja
Just pointing out that this rule might have some implications as a fainted pokemon cannot evolve. Maybe make it so he just solos the gyarados?

Triblock said:
I was wondering, guys, when a pokemon is supposed to "solo" a trainer/gym leader, what happens if it faints? Do I fail? Do I try again? Specifically aimed at @DestinyGalladesince the Spinarak he gave me has to solo Bugsy, but really anybody can answer. Thanks!
it is to my knowledge that the individual challenge was failed and must be redone. If your worried about your other pokemon I would take them out Of your party for the solo battle and put them back in after

Also, chaostothemax, I'll give you a Growlithe named Hobbes. He's a very loyal and kind-natured Growlithe who gets along well with younger pokemon. It can't evolve into an Arcanine unless it "protects" the lowest leveled pokemon on your team from fainting by switching in on a move that would have caused that pokemon to faint, then knocking out the enemy pokemon. This must happen during a trainer/gym leader battle, it can't be a wild battle. As an Arcanine, he isn't allowed to damage any pokemon less than half his own level unless they land a critical hit on him.

DISCLAIMER: I know hobbes is a tiger and arcanine is more like a dog, but I don't think you expect anyone to make you chase down Raikou and then actually catch it :x

Good luck!
Accepted! I had a feeling Arcanine as Hobbes would show up :P
Three more to go, guys!

Just pointing out that this rule might have some implications as a fainted pokemon cannot evolve. Maybe make it so he just solos the gyarados?
Coward doesn't have to evolve as a result of the Lysandre fight, he just isn't allowed to evolve into Greninja until he does the requirement. I don't care if he gets the extra level to evolve from something else.

Accepted, Raikaria! I'll scramble you back as well :)
Take Coward the Froakie.
I asked for no starters. Sorry, but I'll have to reject this one. I've used the starters enough in Gen 6 already and I want to use different things.

The challenge itself is fine, it's just I really don't want to use another Froakie.

Gold Scramble Challenge Update #2:

So Bird Satan finally learned Fury Attack! Which meant I was ready to move on and challenge Falkner.

The other birds were no match for Bird Satan, the unholy offspring of Gamefreak and RNG!

That was quick.

So then I got the Togepi Egg. I figured I would hatch it to get the Everstone so I don't accidentally evolve Sir Puff.

Yes, I actually walked all the way back to Newbark Town to hatch the egg and get the everstone.

I went on ahead to Union Cave and caught myself a Sandshrew! Hurray!

I technically couldn't fight with it until it learned both Defense Curl and Sand Attack, but that was hardly a problem to accomplish.

As you can see, it's a pretty big toll on Sandshrew, having to spend two turns not attacking in every battle while he gets beaten up by zubats and rattatas.

And that's where I left off. I'll probably post another update in the next few days. Next up I'll be defeating Team Rocket in slowpoke well, then grinding my Spinarak in preparation for soloing Bugsy! Stay tuned!

I was wondering, guys, when a pokemon is supposed to "solo" a trainer/gym leader, what happens if it faints? Do I fail? Do I try again? Specifically aimed at DestinyGallade since the Spinarak he gave me has to solo Bugsy, but really anybody can answer. Thanks!

Good luck!
the solo is lost when you have no revives and the soloist faints

Accepted! I had a feeling Arcanine as Hobbes would show up :P
Three more to go, guys!

Coward doesn't have to evolve as a result of the Lysandre fight, he just isn't allowed to evolve into Greninja until he does the requirement. I don't care if he gets the extra level to evolve from something else.
Just reminding everyone I still need 3 more pokemon for my pokemon red scramble. I would like detailed rules and a pokemon that can learn surf as my gyarados can only use normal type moves. Make it difficult

I give you SNAAAAAKE the Onix. SNAAAAAKE is obcessed with the fact he is a snake, and therefor thinks he is like Arbok. As a result, he may only use moves that Ekans/Arbok can learn [Tackle is the only legal move if he has none avaliable to him at the time]. In addittion, since he thinks he is strong against Grass types, he must solo at least one of Erika's pokemon [But continue fighting until he is KO'ed]. He is scared of fire, so cannot fight Blane. He is also freinds with fangz, so must be sent out whenever Fangz faints to avenge his icon.

I'll give you Wrestler the Magikarp. It can't evolve into gyarados until it defeats a rock-type without help from other pokemon. As a Gyarados, it can only use Normal-type moves in battle. Good luck

fangz the ekans (close)
then take Fangz the Ekans. Fangz thinks he/she is very cool, and show its fangs off to opponents. (So, whenever you send it out after Fangz has learned Bite, Fangz must use Bite). Fangz may never forget Bite, so it can keep showing enemies his/her AWESOME fangs. Fangz must solo Koga before it can evolve, because Fangz thinks Koga thinks he is more awesome than Fangz. After Fangz evolves, Fangz grows lasy, and must have a move set of: Rest, Body Slam, Bite, and Toxic as soon as possible. If you're wondering, all of those moves except Bite can be learned by ™, and Fangz should already know Bite. After evolution, Fangz may only use those 4 moves.
take jobbs the porygon, jobbs is your one-for all computer. To heal at a Pokemon centre you must use job in a battle, to use ANY non-held item, you must use jobs in battle, jobbs must always know an electric type move. You must never use the move remember or deleted on jobbs because he thinks he can do it himself GL HF! could you scramble me back for my friend?

it is to my knowledge that the individual challenge was failed and must be redone. If your worried about your other pokemon I would take them out Of your party for the solo battle and put them back in after
I asked for no starters. Sorry, but I'll have to reject this one. I've used the starters enough in Gen 6 already and I want to use different things.

The challenge itself is fine, it's just I really don't want to use another Froakie.
Gah, I always miss something >.< can you use a Litleo instead, and change gyms 4 and 5 to gyms 2 and 3 for the requirement?

Last edited:
Gah, I always miss something >.< can you use a Litleo instead, and change gyms 4 and 5 to gyms 2 and 3 for the requirement?
I noticed another potential issue: it 'cannot be used first in battle' but it is likely to be my first pokemon due to the requirements. [Minimum of 1 pre-Viola]

Also I'm not even sure if soloing Lysandre's Mega Gyarados as a Litleo is POSSIBLE [I assume that is what a translation of the challenge evolution requirement would be]. The thing carries both Aqua Tail and Earthquake. At least, possible without being like, Lv 80.

Also Litleo hardly learns anything except STAB moves. It's first non-STAB by level-up is Crunch at 39, and TM wise there is only Solarbeam, Dig, Theif, Payback, Bulldoze, Wild Charge, Rock Smash, Snarl and Dark Pulse, a large majority of which are lategame or even postgame.

Gonna have to say no to this, at least without adjustments to the movepool requirements [There is literally no usable move until Theif, and this is impossible to get to since I have to defeat Viola with no STAB, which means I have to grind until level 39 for a non-STAB to beat Viola] and the solo to evolve. [I don't think Mega Gyarados is feasible except by completely insane levels of overgrinding]

Basically, if I get it right, you are suggesting:

Coward the Litleo:
- Cannot use STAB
- Cannot lead the party until evolution [Except it's the first capture]
- Cannot use STAB [But somehow has to get to Lv 39 to learn non-STAB, with no TM's available.]
- Cannot participate against Grant and Korrina
- Has to solo Mega Gyarados to evolve [Which has Earthquake and Aqua Tail and Base 155 Attack]

I... don't think this is POSSIBLE. Particularly the movepool restriction makes it literally impossible to comply with, since there is no way of obtaining a move which meets the 'No STAB' requirement.

I noticed another potential issue: it 'cannot be used first in battle' but it is likely to be my first pokemon due to the requirements. [Minimum of 1 pre-Viola]

Also I'm not even sure if soloing Lysandre's Mega Gyarados as a Litleo is POSSIBLE [I assume that is what a translation of the challenge evolution requirement would be]. The thing carries both Aqua Tail and Earthquake. At least, possible without being like, Lv 80.

Also Litleo hardly learns anything except STAB moves. It's first non-STAB by level-up is Crunch at 39, and TM wise there is only Solarbeam, Dig, Theif, Payback, Bulldoze, Wild Charge, Rock Smash, Snarl and Dark Pulse, a large majority of which are lategame or even postgame.

Gonna have to say no to this, at least without adjustments to the movepool requirements [There is literally no usable move until Theif, and this is impossible to get to since I have to defeat Viola with no STAB, which means I have to grind until level 39 for a non-STAB to beat Viola] and the solo to evolve. [I don't think Mega Gyarados is feasible except by completely insane levels of overgrinding]

Basically, if I get it right, you are suggesting:

Coward the Litleo:
- Cannot use STAB
- Cannot lead the party until evolution [Except it's the first capture]
- Cannot use STAB [But somehow has to get to Lv 39 to learn non-STAB, with no TM's available.]
- Cannot participate against Grant and Korrina
- Has to solo Mega Gyarados to evolve [Which has Earthquake and Aqua Tail and Base 155 Attack]

I... don't think this is POSSIBLE. Particularly the movepool restriction makes it literally impossible to comply with, since there is no way of obtaining a move which meets the 'No STAB' requirement.
Yeah, you're right. Sorry, I just threw a different pokemon in instead of Froakie, and it kind of blew up in my face :P I'll give you a brand new one in a bit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)