• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

THE SMOGON FACTOR

Round 1 ~ Disney
Hosted by jumpluff and Ace Matador, co-hosted by Accent

Link to the initial thread

Voting process:
Eight groups of four participants have been determined randomly and will be kept secret until the end of the round. Anyone can now vote for any number of submissions using the above poll. When we hit the deadline, all the candidates with the lowest amount of votes in each group will be eliminated.
Example: Player A, B, C and D are in the same group. The results are as follow: A has 8 votes, B has 12, C and D have 2. Both C and D are eliminated.

What you need to do:
  • Listen to as many submissions as you want using the links below
  • Vote for as many candidates as you want using the poll above
  • Wait for the deadline
Anyone can vote, even those who are not playing!

Round 1 Playlist

CATEGORY 2 (can be if the game if they want to, have submitted a video)

CATEGORY 3 (have yet to submit anything but are still in the game until the next deadline)

• #Az
  • jumpluff
  • Mekkah
  • moot

Guest submissions

If you have uploaded your song on your own channel, please change the title following this format:
R1: Singer - Name of song
(for example, R1: Hipmonlee - When You Wish Upon A Star)

The people in Category 2 and 3 have until friday, 6PM GMT to do what's necessary to participate if they want to, i.e. submit a valid video and notify me. The longer they take, the less likely to have votes they are. If they haven't submitted anything in time, they'll be automatically eliminated when the round ends.

Note that the order of submissions in the poll was also randomised and has nothing to do with the groups.

DEADLINE IS ON TUESDAY, 6PM GMT

Good luck!

worst: Sapientia, supermarth64, B-lulz (though there were a lot of other bad ones). If you cannot be assed to even try, then do not enter. If you cannot sing, then do not pick a song that requires you to carry the song with a voice as good as LonelyNess's.

Voted the best three, LonelyNess, Kinneas, DM, and then the best song pick, Earthworm. (YEAHHHH ROBIN HOOD!). I would have voted godudette...but Mulan pfffft. I was going to vote myself to be arrogant, but decided I could not really justify it.

EDIT: Since people are already voting like shit I am just going to go ahead and do a detailed ranking and piss people off.

LonelyNess > Kinneas > godudette > DM > SevenDeadlySins > Justinawe > Bucky are the ONLY acceptable good videos
PrayingMantis > Badal > Atticus > Earthworm > me > pookar > shade are the only acceptable bad but funny or having something to redeem them videos

The rest are all fucking terrible unless I missed something from turning every bad one off within ten to thirty seconds (skipping to the middle of any song with a long introduction).

(Yes this post is probably hypocritical after saying ranking a top 15 was retarded, but I still had all the songs in my mind so whatever)

Atticus

Atticus
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
my favourite was surprisingly accent's. the tone felt so atmospheric and before anyone asks, i do realize his rendition has a music video to spice it up a bit but with all that said i still found it the most entertaining. anyway, i enjoyed a lot of these, although lol@some of the voters, pluff already has 3 and she hasnt even posted anything -_-

ps: captkirby sucks

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
worst: Sapientia, supermarth64, B-lulz (though there were a lot of other bad ones). If you cannot be assed to even try, then do not enter. If you cannot sing, then do not pick a song that requires you to carry the song with a voice as good as LonelyNess's.

Voted the best three, LonelyNess, Kinneas, DM, and then the best song pick, Earthworm. (YEAHHHH ROBIN HOOD!). I would have voted godudette...but Mulan pfffft. I was going to vote myself to be arrogant, but decided I could not really justify it.

EDIT: Since people are already voting like shit I am just going to go ahead and do a detailed ranking and piss people off.

LonelyNess > Kinneas > godudette > DM > SevenDeadlySins > Justinawe > Bucky are the ONLY acceptable good videos
PrayingMantis > Badal > Atticus > Earthworm > me > pookar > shade are the only acceptable bad but funny or having something to redeem them videos

The rest are all fucking terrible unless I missed something from turning every bad one off within ten to thirty seconds (skipping to the middle of any song with a long introduction).

(Yes this post is probably hypocritical after saying ranking a top 15 was retarded, but I still had all the songs in my mind so whatever)
Time of the month eh CK?

People without any submission are in the poll in case they submit something before tomorrow, though, as the OP states, 'if they haven't submitted anything in time, they'll be automatically eliminated when the round ends'.

But yeah guys don't vote for people who haven't recorded anything yet please, I don't mean to sound rude but it's kinda unfair to those who did...

Yes but it will be as a guest.

(ie no)

6A9 AM's submission and Alchemator's non-guest entry have been added, be sure to check them out :)

User daquiri has submitted a guest submission, I Won't Say I'm in Love, check it out.

Also, the poll has been changed so that the four users without any entry yet are removed, for now at least. They have around 7 hours left to submit something if they still want to do so.

Oh wow, Da Letter El and I have the same number of votes. Maybe it would have been a close call if this were still a one-on-one type of format! :O

Although... I forgot to vote for myself so... I should be ahead ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)