The Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol Barcelona is the best by far of the remaining teams! I really think they will win the Champions league.

Also, i think Porto deserved this draw (or even something better), they played a great match at Man U home.

Lol Barcelona is the best by far of the remaining teams! I really think they will win the Champions league.
I think that Chelsea will win it. Seriously, Bacrelona(I saw that 4:0 match) is an awesome team but Chelsea is getting better and better over the years. I think that the finale will be Manchester - Chelsea and Chelsea will win. Although I would like if Barcelona(or Liverpool 3:0 lol) could beat Chelsea but IMO it will not happen.

I'm a Chelsea fan as far as England is concerned and I support Barcelona as far as Spain is concerned. So I'm in a state of dilemma. But I think Barcelona will go through(Guardiola should not come up with crazy claims). They are in a great form and if Chelsea perform like what they did against Bolton, I wonder whether they'll even reach the semi finals.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Chelsea 4-4 Liverpool

Awesome game. At least Liverpool are out :) hopefully Manchester United won't get eliminated tomorrow.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I would have liked to see liverpool winning this at the end =]
We could have beaten Barca, but as this didn't matter anyways 1-1 is ok

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
What Havak said.
For that reason im thinking an Arsenal - Barça final.
Arsenal shall revenge what happened in 2007 (or it was 2006?) =/

ReyScarface said:
Arsenal shall revenge what happened in 2007 (or it was 2006?) =/
It happened in 2006.

It is definitely not going to be Arsenal vs Barca semi final IMO. I would be surprised if Arsenal qualify against Villarreal. I guess Villarreal will make it through even though the goalscorer Senna is missing but I guess Capdevilla can make it up. I hope F.C Porto maintain their record and hold on to a 0-0 draw or even 1-1.

As far as the semi finals are concerned, I guess Barca will make it through because Chelsea are in a bad form, especially Petr Cech though two weeks is enough to recover the form. But still, there won't be any star player to mark Lionel Messi since Ashley Cole can't play in the first leg which can be capitalised well by Barcelona at Nou Camp.

My prediction for Finals - VILLARREAL CF VS FC BARCELONA

After that game, I am even more proud to claim that I am a Liverpool supporter through and through. What heart did we play with! And we tried our level best yet were one goal too far. It's a pity that Torres couldn't score to put us in front. I seriously hope that we don't get called a "one-man team" or a "two-man team" after that as neither of Gerrard and Torres played (or at least, it didn't look like Torres played anyway)...Great performance!

Edit- Taxie, Senna is NOT a "goalscorer". He just scored a belter against Arsenal. He hadn't scored for over 6 months prior to that lol. And Capdevilla, believe it or not, is dogshit. If anything, Rossi has to have a game of his life to beaet Arsenal.

Arsenal 3 - 0 Villareal

Absolute horror show by Capdevilla, got ripped to shreds by theo.

Tasty Arsenal - Man Utd semi; time to show the chavs and scousers who plays best!

Both my predictions were wrong :( Ronaldo's blast ruined it all. Well, for Arsenal against ManU semifinal, i guess ManU will take it over. Mancester United versus Barcelona would be a good final which is also likely to happen.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
4-4, great match, not too keen on the score.

Oh, and if we're a two man team, doesn't that mean that two people usually beat eleven? Well, in Liverpool's case anyway.

Gutted at the result but it was a great game. We suddenly seem to have forgotten how to defend :/
seems true of both teams. arshavin was pretty clinical, 4 shots, 4 goals :D Arsenal urgently need gallas back, even djorou would do. Don't doubt arsenal's ability to score against man utd. but they'll never keep em out.

Yeah baby! I honestly knew we'd win after half time, before they scored we were still playing fantastic football at times; Berbatov, Rooney and Ronaldo were all up for it, then the end product came in the second half.

WOOOOOOOOOOO baby!!!!!!

Terrible penalty decision in the Man U-Spurs game; had Webb not fucked up as usual, i could see spurs remaining comfortable for the next half hour.

Arsenal 2-0 Boro, formation was a bit weird, we had Nasri (an attacking midfielder) playing as a central midfielder next to Denilson, while Cesc, a central midfielder, played behind the striker. But hey, we finally beat Gareth Southgate - hopefully thats another bogey team put to rest.

Djourou and Almunia back, im absolutely delighted we wont see them vs United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)