The Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see how people conveniently forget that Webb also forgot to send off Palacios for a truly dreadful tackle at 0-0. I'm sure Tottenham wouldn't have been 2-0 if that had happened. Of course match of the day and the rest of the media don't mention that because it's better to pretend that Tottenham were robbed by our "3-goal" penalty.

I mean how the hell do you play advantage when he's about 6 inches from breaking Ronaldo's fucking leg.

No. Without Puyol and (presumably) Marquez, Barca are going to have real problems keeping Chelsea at bay in the second leg.

Except without the away goal Chelsea cannot really play 9-0-1 this time and then there is a very good chance they will get ripped apart on the counter attack.

I was so loving reaching the CL final again until Fletcher got sent off. That's totally killed the emotion, how unjust was that, a brilliant tackle, typical of a brilliant match and a brilliant season...the ball went perpendicular to Fabregas' motion for fucks sake it was obviously a good tackle. Even if it was a foul, he wasn't last man as Ferdinand was right alongside him, it's entirely possible to just give a yellow yet the ref insisted on being a dick. And there's no chance of appeal, that is purely farcical.

So no ones gonna discuss the Chelsea vs Barca 2nd leg? Where Chelsea fully deserved the win but had it taken away due to the referee being a tart and disallowing only 4 penalties. "Robbed injustice" - Guus Hiddink

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Eh, I wouldn't have called them either. Not in a game of that importance, they would have to be a blatant foul, all of the "fouls" had some intention of getting the ball, and AFAIK they did get the ball. The Chelsea players started walking on the field during the last play, expecting to have the win wrapped up, it just goes to show it's not over until it's over.

Eh, I wouldn't have called them either. Not in a game of that importance, they would have to be a blatant foul, all of the "fouls" had some intention of getting the ball, and AFAIK they did get the ball. The Chelsea players started walking on the field during the last play, expecting to have the win wrapped up, it just goes to show it's not over until it's over.
I truly agree with you, they did get the ball. 2 Handballs in the box. They definitely got the ball. i mean Pique smacked the ball down to the ground. Yeah, Chelsea 2 Barca 1. This penalty appeal should not have been turn down. It was blatent hand ball.

And you could say that Arsenal got lucky with Man United's sending off. Both weren't fouls, both are being upheld. It doesn't make a difference. Barca are far worse off with their lack of defenders now, I just feel United will tear them apart with the likes of Tevez, Rooney, Ronaldo and Berbatov up front. It is a shame though that Fletcher is missing the final, the way he has played this year, he deserves to be there.

Oh and even if they were 4 blatant penalties (which they weren't, only Piques handball was blatant), Drogba's and Ballack's actions were completely inexcusesable and disgusting.

United to win in the final anyway.

On another note, United are one point away from winning the Premiership. :)

SoT

is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Liverpool has been such a disappointment. They've been playing sketchy when it seems to matter. They had a chance to get back in the Title race, and end up tying, ultimately handing the title to Man U. Torres has been playing a lot more timid since coming back from his injury. Always next year. =[

In the whole Chelsea-Barcelona deal I think people conveniently ignore the clear penalty on Henry during the Camp Nou game!

SoT

I guess they think it will help their argument out. It's really a bunch of would've, could've and it at this point it makes little sense to keep complaining about it.

Liverpool started the season off very well, I just think that they lack the depth and the real quality that the Chelsea and United squads really have (especially the latter).

And yes, the Henry incident was a penalty, but because it didn't really effect the game at that time, no one spoke about it, people have short memories too. :)

I'm a Liverpool fan through and through, but with that being said, congratulations Man Utd. They deserved the title, no argument there. We started and ended the season strongly, but alas, it was not enough. It was definitely a huge improvement from last season though, we pushed them all the way to the wire, and I feel we're only a few players away from premier league glory. Till next year! (now lose the champions league final, will ya?)

SoT

Barca takes Man. U. Only cause I really dislike CR7, he's a great player, but he's not as good as everyone makes him out to be. I think this game will push him, and I think he'll end up choking! I really don't think that Man U. can take the constant pressure that the Barce forwards bring to the table, and will collapse one or two times over the course of the match.

Liverpool ;-;

Barca might be vulnerable on the counter attack, as Abidal, Danny Alves, and Marquez are all out.
Not only that, I think it has been proven by Chelsea in the semi-finals that if you defend well as a team, Barcelona can't break you down. But I definitely know who I'll be rooting for in the final!

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fuck fuck fuck

All we need to do is get a point at Villa and hope Hull lose to Man Utd...in the past Ferguson has had a tendency to play strong teams in this kind of situation even though they have nothing to play for and a CL final to prepare for. Something about being fair to the other teams. I hope he sticks to his guns because Hull are going to be playing for their lives.

And that aside, I just can't see us beating or even drawing with Villa.

I think we're all starting to slowly face up to the realisation of relegation and I just don't know if this city will be able to take it. On the bright side we'll be able to get rid of the passionless primadonnas and start to rebuild but there's always the threat of not coming straight back up and getting stuck in rut like so many ex-Premiership teams have done...

fuck fuck fuck

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Don't worry Lee, Newcastle have the quality to come right back from the championship(think Birmingham this season). And even a reserves side can beat Hull, no problem.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I kinda feel for Newcastle fans, it won't be the same Premier League if we don't have our yearly trips to St. James' Park. However, it'll also be rather funny to see a 52,000 seater stadium in the Championship...

I'm unsure what Fergie will do - though I'm rather positive that Gary Neville and Darren Fletcher will feature in the side to play Hull. So there's some experience and grit there. I wouldn't be surprised to see smething like this, though:

Kuszczak
Eckersley Neville Evans Fabio
Nani Gibson Fletcher Tosic
Welbeck Macheda
--
Subs: Foster; Rafael, Chester; Possebon, Martin; Tévez, Berbatov​

No disrespect to Newcastle, but I want to see van der Sar, O'Shea, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Carrick, Scholes, Anderson, Park, Ronaldo, Rooney rested - as they're my expected starting eleven to face Barcelona - with Giggs rested but on the bench. Foster, Rafael, Evans, Tévez, Berbatov and most likely Nani on the bench as well.

Think we've got a good chance of beating Barcelona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)