The Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh, good old Inter Milan picking up the Serie A crown for another year. Fantastic season for them. It's a shame Juventus are struggling for third though, I'd prefer them in second than AC Milan. =/

And Man U getting the hat trick, well done. Maybe next season, Liverpool.

We don't like anything about Joey Barton.

I do a lot of my athletic training in a facility directly next door to the Newcastle training headquarters and the week of his suspension I saw an amusing little sign nailed to a post next to the entrance. 'For Sale - Joey Barton - 50 pence. Will also accept prison sentence as form of payment.'

I think Havak's got the team right, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Neville on the bench ahead of Rafael

Ahh, good old Inter Milan picking up the Serie A crown for another year. Fantastic season for them. It's a shame Juventus are struggling for third though, I'd prefer them in second than AC Milan. =/

And Man U getting the hat trick, well done. Maybe next season, Liverpool.
I wonder how Hull is going to do next year as well, as they've never accomplished anything great before (besides maybe in 1930 making it to the semi-finals in the Cup). This was their first year in the Premier league and it'll be interesting to see if they can keep up, which is definitely possible as long as players like Geovanni and Turner don't go anywhere. :naughty:

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Aston Villa for the title next year (lol). Sad to see Newcastle go but they got so much crap in the club at the moment it's probably good for them so they can refresh and come back up a better club.

EPL teams moves down to Championship:

Middlesbrough
Newcastle
West Brom

Teams that held on:

Hull City
Sunderland
Blackburn (boo)

Glad that Hull has another year in epl; I don't sunderland deserves to be there though, on the other hand.

I'm shitting myself now...even though if Utd lose, we'd have had a good season regardless but my mind keeps churning over possible results and permutations.

Though I did win 3-2 vs Barca on FIFA so maybe that's a good omen

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
2 champions league titles in a row is some feat, it'd be nice to see them do it just for that reason.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Even though I don't like ManUtd (fuck 1999 :s) they should win today, because Barca doesn't deserve to be in the final...

Siding with Manchester here.
Barca seems to suck shit against English teams anyway. They have only managed to win once in their last eight Champions League matches against an English side.

Come on Man Utd!!! We should have this won, but you never know. Ronaldo v Messi is gonna be pwnsome.

EDIT: Lol, should be 1-0 already. United is dominating.

Outside the first 10 minutes Barcelona have played United off the pitch. They need to do something about Iniesta if they want to win this.

cheeky cunts, just like 99 we go into half time a goal down thanks to a sneaky ass goal. Stupid celebration too. Although, when I did play FIFA this morning, Eto'o did score too and was followed by two Rooney goals. FIFA's meant to be realistic.

GG United Messi nightmare?

Seriously they haven't done anything for Messi, at least have Evra or Vidic keep him company but they failed to do that and failed to clear big threats. rooting for barca to win.

Que sera, goal against the run of play sealed our fate after 10 minutes. Puyol is a cheating bastard. That is all. Hats off to Barca, at least we lost to a proper footballing team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)