The Strumline [Fakedex Project on 4th post]

Magistrum

DOITSU NO KAGAKU WA SEKAI ICHI
is a Top Artist Alumnus
So for the past few weeks, I'm getting oriented with my new laptop and repolishing my art skills quite a bit by drawing fakemons. :P lol. So yeah, here's a slew of fakemon artworks that I've done:

Of course we start with none other than the starter Pokémon, haha. If you scroll up, my fire starter Komolten has already been posted, but I'll repost it as a set along with a fakedex template.

First up is the Grass starter line based on the Lotus Flower (and to a lesser extent, the Hindu diety Lakshmi), Lillibud, Felotus and Sacreflora!

Next up is the Fire-type Komodo Dragons. Reintroducing Crotyke, Lavatara and Komolten!

And lastly, the slowest and biggest water starter yet! Thanks to Leviathes for the initial idea :) Presenting Dolfby, Fervorca and Valorca!

(And no, I'm not that fond of anchors okay?! I-it's not like I love to put them on my fakemon or anything like that!!! Baka!!!)
Edit:
Well I'm glad your back and sorry about the typhoon :( I like these new fakedex things and I can already tell yours is going to be so much better than the one I have planned! Can't wait to see your new art
Oh haha thanks for the concern Hollymon ! nothing much happened with my new art; it's more like me relearning my style. ^_^

Last edited:

Magistrum

is a Top Artist Alumnus
Okay, the last leg of my string of updates :) These are some of the fakemons that I have done aside from the ones in the last page and my previous post.

First up is Shamantra, based on the Native American (not Indian, get your facts straight!) Totem Pole and tribe shaman. I attempted to imitate the Sugimori style with this fakemon, but it turned out worse than I expected lol

Next is a Dark/Fairy fakemon based on the incubus/succubus :) And no, they ain't Yiffmons goddammit!!!

Presenting Devlux!

Next up is one of my planned pseudolegend lines. I always fancied the idea of a Poison/Steel Pokemon, and I guess that desire led me to make this :) Presenting Aspoxin, Galviper, and Drasilikos!

...Well I guess I went a little bit too far... Poison/Steel pseudolegend with fricking levitate?

And last but not least, I made an attempt on the 100-stats-across-the-board cutemon legendaries. :3 I present to you Sahrafi!

Err I dunno yet how it will change between formes since I haven't thought that far yet lol. Sue me.

Last edited:
Damn I thought Sahrafi would be almost like a sand antelope. Oh well, it still sounds like it would be an antelope :D

Great art and personally I LOVE the snake idea and the Native Mask pokemon (they are definitely going into the game) and continue to do a great job. Alo if there are any requests on art I would love it if Seladian and Arsiondose would be done.

Magistrum

is a Top Artist Alumnus
A bit diverse round of fakemons this time. :D

First off is a sheep fakemon with cloudlike wool. Introducing Sylphleece!

Next up is a mandatory rock-type cavemon line inspired by chess pieces :D Presenting Stalacrumb, Stalacore and Stalakarn!

And last but not least, a chick which is a parody of a certain game, and another with Mel Gibson's facepaint in Braveheart lol. Here's Grouchick and Cass-O-War!

Last edited:

Magistrum

is a Top Artist Alumnus
I decided to put the fakemon I did in the earlier pages of my thread into my custom template, at least to give all the fakemon a uniform look. :D

-----------------------------------------------------
I decided to let my CAP5 Forest Troll into the project as well. Now sporting a new name and a pre-evolution as well, here's Shrublin and Trolliath!

-----------------------------------------------------
And last but not least, a Pokemon with two forms based on batteries (pretty derpy eh?) Presenting Cellectro!

Also, I have compiled the current fakemon I've done into the 4th post of the thread to organize things :) I'll be updating it everytime I get a new fakemon posted here.

Last edited:

Magistrum

is a Top Artist Alumnus
Threadbump! :)
CAP 18 is underway with a Fire/Water typing, and here are my submissions so far, based on a Hot Spring Kappa and a Flask Homunculus.

Sketches:

Color schemes:

I don't know which one of these to go for since it's still too early in the game (not to mention there are no determined stats and abilities yet), so in the meantime I'll lurk during the primary ability stage :P

In case these designs lose in the art polls I'll probably squeeze them into my fakedex somewhere lol :P

If this is considered necroposting, then ignore this, but maybe Sahrafi could to Djinn form when a Mysterious Lamp item is used on it? Great fakedex, Magistrum!

Magistrum

is a Top Artist Alumnus
If this is considered necroposting, then ignore this, but maybe Sahrafi could to Djinn form when a Mysterious Lamp item is used on it? Great fakedex, Magistrum!
Sorry for the outrageously late reply, but yeah, I've been doing a spreadsheet of sorts for fakemon data, movepools, items, abilities, map details, etc. and so far I'm plannng to have it change forme by interacting an object in a certain place (a la Deoxys) :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another round of fakemons (yet again, haha) please bear with me XD

Straight from my CAP18 Volkraken's Art Stage entries, enter Flaschemy and Volcappa!

Next is a Fish evo line that's currently in progress. The basic idea is a fish that evolves into a lionfish with 7 formes depending on what day you evolve it. So far I have the Sunset Forme done, which is obtained when evolved on Sundays.

So without further ado, presenting Decorsal and Vendorsa Sunset Forme!

Doesn't look like your typical poison mon, does it?

Last edited:

Magistrum

is a Top Artist Alumnus
I think you can tell I loved Flaschemy. He still shoulda won man, let me tell you.
Haha thanks, I appreciate it. At least he still lives in my fakemon project tho o3o
-------------------------------------------------------------
Aaaand yet another bunch of fakemons! This is inspired by celestial bodies and miko/shamans.

Presenting WAIFUMONS Cosmica, Solarica, Lunarica, Stellarica, and Gravica!

PLEASE SELECT YOUR LOLI

Arhops

Professor Layton's Little Brother
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Hey man, I decided to look at your art today and its looking pretty good!

I specifically like how you make your line art much more interesting by adding shading to them and making them colors besides black (not bashing any artist's who use solid colors haha, they can be cool too). By the way if you ever make mons in the same style of the forest troll, I think you should try making the outlines thinner, just an opinion. Also just wondering, what art program do you use? :toast:

Gravica fakemon OU ban please

The Cosmica line looks great. My question is through what method does Cosmica evolve into all of those? Great art, keep it up!

Magistrum

is a Top Artist Alumnus
NECROBUMP!!!
Whew it's been a while since i posted on my own thread :v4::v4::v4:
Gravica fakemon OU ban please

The Cosmica line looks great. My question is through what method does Cosmica evolve into all of those? Great art, keep it up!
Oh haha. Physical Shadow Tag user FTW! I plan to make Cosmica evolves via evolution stones too, as another nod to the Eevee line. Solarica and Lunarica are easy since Sun Stone and Moon Stone exists; i plan Stellarica to be evolved via a custom item (most likely named Star Stone), and Gravica is obtained when leveling Cosmica near a certain place called Void Rock (sort of like Glaceon/Leafeon).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And by the way, the recent CAP19 has been made, and along with a tough voting poll, I got myself another winning design! Presenting Plasmanta!
CAP19 Final Sub said:
MAIN DESIGN

This is my CAP19 entry, based on a collection of Rays, but primarily the Stingray.

SUPPORTING MATERIAL
Design Justification

Rays are a perfect fit for the Electric/Poison typing, since Stingrays are infamous for their venomous tails that inflict tremendous pain. They are also known to use electroreceptors as a way of sensing prey, and a subspecies, the Electric Ray, can discharge electric currents.

The design features a contrasting Dark Violet-Yellow-Purple color scheme to reflect the typing, and is adorned with golden rings to give resemblance to tesla rods. Its back patterns pay homage to spots seen on most rays, and also serve as false eyes. The stingers on its wings and tail resemble that of scorpion tail's tip, further supporting the poison typing.

And as a concept quirk, its relation to Gyarados, whom we will primarily support, is shown in the above thumbnail, where Mega Gyarados is attached like a remora to a manta ray, relating to the support idiom "taking under your wing"

Stats and Abilities

At a glance, the stingray emits enough vibe as a special attacker with its overall sleek look and fluid appearance. 57/131/100 offenses are pretty much fitting, and the 100 speed is relatable when looking at similarly built mons like Gliscor (95). 60/119/98 defenses are also a good fit for this guy, and is somehow relatable to Mantine's bulk (65/70/140).
Storm Drain is a bonus fit, since aquatic Pokémon usually are relatable to water immunity abilities.

Vital Spirit/Insomnia are quite a fit to the stingray as well, because like sharks, they remain in a state of awareness even if they rest.

Pokémon Description
This Pokémon is known to stealthily glide on the seafloor despite its humongous size. Its back illuminates at night, attracting prey which it quickly attacks with the venomous spikes on its wings and tail, only to deliver a paralyzing discharge of electricity.

It is sometimes seen with Gyarados, Huntail, or other underwater pokemon under its wing because its static electricity sometimes attracts other Pokémon like an electromagnet. It uses the additional weight to dive unbelievable depths in a matter of seconds.
Supporting Art
Proposed Size, Zap Cannon, Alternate Colors, Preliminary Sketches(Click Thumbnail for full view)
CLOSING REMARKS
During the start of this CAP's art stage, I've had a slight preference for my first design, the Manticore. But since Storm Drain was chosen, I pushed for the Stingray instead. Although, I did have more fun drawing this guy, especially in the supporting art, than the Manticore where I struggled to make it distinct from the other existing lion/catlike pokemon. I'm grateful for the support, critiques and suggestions given by everyone in this thread and in #cap IRC. Thanks and good luck to everyone!
This design was accompanied by other 2 designs that could have made their way to be my Final Sub, too.

Next is a contribution to The Player Issue#3, used on this article and was also used as Pokemon Showdown Breeding Room's Banner. It was quite a rushed job, but I like how it turned out. Paying homage to my fondness for Harvest Moon, presenting Breed Factory: A Pokémon Harvest Moon!
Next is a last-minute contribution to the 36th Issue of The Smog, appearing in the RU Spotlight: Moltres article. However it somehow made its way to be the issue's cover art, too! :O Presenting Wildfire!

Next is a Mugen Fighting Game Character Concept Art for a litte ongoing project on Pokemon Showdown's Art Room. They said the character should represent myself, so naturally I didn't follow lel.
Character Profile found here. So without further ado, introducing sexyswordgirls Character Concept Art: Magistelle
And of course, last but not least, is another fakemon for my project :) As you can see it's a recolor of one of my CAP submissions, but personally I like this scheme more than the yellow+dark violet contrasting clusterfuck above lol. Inspired by the Manticore and a bit of Vlad the Impaler, here's Vladicore!

Last edited:

Magistrum

is a Top Artist Alumnus
Triplepost comin' through :P

So I recently expanded my dex and bumped it up to 172 (200 if including all formes, megas and primals) with this spritedex template. (it's still empty tho, sorry :P)
Warning: HUMONGOUS IMAGE AHEAD

Also, about my Mugen Fighting Game Character Project, I finally went out of my comfort zone to make Magistelle's very first sprite (and is also my absolute first sprite EVER)! (/^o^)/

Her overall stance is referenced from Mitsuru Kirijo's sprite in Persona 4 Arena. I know it's far from perfect since it's my first sprite, so any critique or suggestions to help me improve her will be very much appreciated ^_^

Oh and Happy Halloween :)

Last edited:
I want to say: you're a fantastic artist. Your style is excellent, with textured lineart in your preliminary sketches and beautiful colors in your finals. You're also extremely creative, as evidenced by the amazing amount of balanced fakemon you've created, with not only excellent art but also abilities, movepools, and base stats (You're doing the job of like 200 CAPs by yourself and acing it. Except maybe that Bug/Flying Pokemon's name. Y'know, number 053?). Your fakedex, artwork, and drawings for other fandoms are all wonderful. I don't think that a simple press of the like button can convey how impressive your work is, but it'll have to do. Keep it up!

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Holy shit your art is truly amazing, really loving the fakemon dex :] Not to menton that I'm insanely jealous since I've always wanted to do something like that :) Might I suggest doing some fossil mons?

Magistrum

is a Top Artist Alumnus
Threadbump!
I want to say: you're a fantastic artist. Your style is excellent, with textured lineart in your preliminary sketches and beautiful colors in your finals. You're also extremely creative, as evidenced by the amazing amount of balanced fakemon you've created, with not only excellent art but also abilities, movepools, and base stats (You're doing the job of like 200 CAPs by yourself and acing it. Except maybe that Bug/Flying Pokemon's name. Y'know, number 053?). Your fakedex, artwork, and drawings for other fandoms are all wonderful. I don't think that a simple press of the like button can convey how impressive your work is, but it'll have to do. Keep it up!
Wow thank you for the wonderful comments! ^_^ I glad you like them.

About 053 Holocust, I wanted to use the general term holocaust (disaster, carnage) as a relation to the locust fakemon I'm planning. But then i guess THE Holocaust is still a taboo topic, huh. :(
Holy shit your art is truly amazing, really loving the fakemon dex :] Not to menton that I'm insanely jealous since I've always wanted to do something like that :) Might I suggest doing some fossil mons?
Thanks! Yes I have fossilmons planned (a rock/fire spinosaurus and a rock/electric velociraptor), but I haven't drawn them yet, haha. I'll probably get to it soon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fakemon updates:

First up is supposedly my Audino/Chansey nursemon counterpart, based on toothfairies XD presenting Cuspix!

Yeah, 170 base HP with 5 base Sp.Def. XD kinda like chansey except weak on the special side instead.

Next up is a turtle family whose role is to disguise as pokeballs, much like Electrode/Amoonguss families. Presenting Turtlica and Dewptoise!

Yeah the names are kinda cheesy, I know >_< Simple + Shell Smash shenanigans FTW!!

Next is another cheesy-named fakemon a cockroach fakemon that uses Rorschach patterns. Here's Roachach!

Last but not least is one of the legendaries in my fakedex that make up the Feng Shui quintet. Based on the Azure Dragon, introducing Tohwyrm!

So yeah, the other members of the quintet (red phoenix, white tiger, black turtle, and yellow dragon) will be posted another time. o3o

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)