1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Please refer to this thread for the current Smogon Tier Lists.
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

The Ubers Open - Finals [Won by Bad Ass]

Discussion in 'Smogon Grand Slam' started by Furai, Oct 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Furai

Furai wellfare
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

[​IMG]
    Welcome to round four of the Ubers Open, where your powerful Pokemon match your powerful penis (or vagina).

Tournament Rules:
    • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
    • Grand Slam rules can be found here.
    • Standard BW2 Ubers.
    • Best of three, single elimination.
    • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the Ubers ladder of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown.
    • If tier changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
    • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown! unless both players agree otherwise.*

A bunch of rulings I expect you all to read (open)
    Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts and I expect many battles to be completed on other servers to prevent scouting. These kind of factors are pretty bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. It is the silliest thing I have ever heard, any battler worth their marbles has more than one team. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any forceful scouting, whether it be spying on another teams irc channel or following your opponent around on PO. There is a difference between "ipl is known for using stall" and "let me follow ipl around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter.

With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. However, given the fact that this is the big stage, I am sure a lot of people want to watch, so don't be too mean.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment.

Disconnections

If a player disconnects and either player contends that they could still win, the optimal solution is to recreate the exact situation the disconnection occurred at during the battle. If it is agreed between players that this is not feasible due to unreasonable battle length, highly improbable circumstances, or some other reason, the player who did not disconnect may choose to rematch with either the same teams or (the option to use) new teams. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment. Do not do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

Battle Clauses:
    • OHKO Clause
    • Sleep Clause
    • Species Clause
    • Timed Battle
    • Team Preview
    Other sshit which doesn't matter at this point (open)
    Use VMs to contact each other: this will allow me to track activity much more easily. Also hanging out in #gslam on IRC is cool.

For those that want their battle livecasted:

http://smogon.com/forums/threads/livecasted-battle-compendium.3487261/#post-4799641

*Note: If you're uncomfortable playing on Pokemon Showdown, matches can be played on Pokemon Online v2.

Thanks to Zracknel for contributing the artwork for the tournament!

If there are any questions or concerns about the tournament, feel free to join #gslam on IRC. I hope we will see some great battles there!

~ FINALS ~

Ciele vs Bad Ass

SAVE THE LOGS AND LET US KNOW WHEN YOU'RE PLAYING

No deadline, just get it done.

The current standings are available here: http://goo.gl/rkS0M7
  2. Cinco Diablo

Cinco Diablo formerly Dr Ciel

Based Ciele to win it.
  3. el poeta

el poeta

Culomalo, comando69
  4. SoulWind

SoulWind
    is a Tiering Contributoris a SPL Winner

Bad Ass because he's a boss
  5. MikeDecIsHere

MikeDecIsHere Congregation of the Classiest
    is a Battle Server Moderatoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

Mechazawa (or however the fuck you spell it :|)
  6. Dice

Dice what's a god to a nonbeliever
    is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

this calls for....

[​IMG] dodriobration! [​IMG]

or in pttp's case...
    [​IMG]
    HSA ♥, Ciele and PttP like this.
  7. Kojes

Kojes

BAD ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. Danilo

Danilo
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

both o.o
  9. cbt

cbt voodoo mon amour
    is a Pokemon Researcher
    Mentor

10. Sweep

Sweep
    is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

Bad Ass in the best finals series yet.
  11. Soulgazer

Soulgazer
    is a Pre-Contributor

12. Oglemi

Oglemi it's me heysup's gay friend, the legendary gaysup
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

Cielevator is gr8 but I gotta go with bamf on this one
  13. .Robert

.Robert
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

14. Bad Ass

Bad Ass roman candles light up the midnight sky
    is a Tiering Contributoris a GS2 Winneris a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

about 2 fite on ori
  15. FLCL

FLCL
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

16. Donkey

Donkey

prediction: badass
  17. BKC

BKC
    is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis the Smogon Tour Season 16 Championis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

congrats badass!!!

good work ciele!

well done to dice for making every team used in the entire tournament
    SoulWind, Joeyboy and Danilo like this.
  18. dragonuser

dragonuser Today, tomorrow, and always with a frozen heart
    is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

congrats!!!
  19. Dice

Dice what's a god to a nonbeliever
    is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

20. Soulgazer

Soulgazer
    is a Pre-Contributor

21. Bad Ass

Bad Ass roman candles light up the midnight sky
    is a Tiering Contributoris a GS2 Winneris a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

22. Sweep

Sweep
    is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

Congrats Bad Ass!
  23. Cinco Diablo

Cinco Diablo formerly Dr Ciel

I don't know what's more surprising. Ciele losing in a GS Final, or him losing a GS Final in 2 straight games. Congrats Bad Ass, nonetheless.
  24. Ciele

Ciele
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a GS1 Winner

bloosed against bad ass, good games and congrats n_n
  25. Heist

Heist
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

congrats bad ass!

- ur boy calum
    Dice and bro fist like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)