The Ubers Replay Thread

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Shedinja is a boss. *-*

My team:
Carl Murray's team:

Only thing I could say is that I shouldn't have fallen to the Darkrai and Giratina trick that many times, but I decided to play safe in order to keep Shedinja healthy.

---

I just had a great battle with Mr.lol. All of the non-believers in Scarf Palkia: have a look. It was risky as hell, but it worked like a charm!

My team:
Mr.lol's team:

**apparently there's a problem with the replay? i'll see what joim can do :S <- just resume when it stops lol

I wanna keep this thread alive, because I enjoy seeing these replays so......

BAM. http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-40150438

All I gotta say is HATERS GONNA HATE.

His team was really weak to non-choice Palkia. He made a huge mistake turn one by leaving Tentacruel (Brave Bird is still a 2HKO and one layer of TSpikes isn't worth it), also I have no idea why he didn't DM with Dialga against Palkia because it would have shredded 50% from everything on your team, including your steels.

I do like your team, though. Palkia in sun is quite underrated. What Arceus forme do you use?

His team was really weak to non-choice Palkia. He made a huge mistake turn one by leaving Tentacruel (Brave Bird is still a 2HKO and one layer of TSpikes isn't worth it), also I have no idea why he didn't DM with Dialga against Palkia because it would have shredded 50% from everything on your team, including your steels.

I do like your team, though. Palkia in sun is quite underrated. What Arceus forme do you use?
It's actually a team I made to look normal, but have some odd/underrated sets. First of all is the groudon that I use is a set that I made up (if you made the set first I'm sorry for taking credit I truly did not know) with earth plate, eq, sr, se, and RP. It gets late game sweeps on weakened rain and sun teams, such as the good chance of netting the OH-KO on palkia after rocks and the good chance of netting the OH-KO on scarf ogre with rocks and a layer of spikes, as well as the chance of oh-ko on a specsogre with some speed investment + rocks and 2 layers of spikes.

I also included red card Forretress, to check threats once that set up to +6 on my forretress, while I set up spikes, toxic it, and spin away their own hazards. It might sound wierd on paper but it works in practice. I know that this set has been used before (Never see it on the PS ladder, but see it on the PO ladder once in a blue moon by people lower on the ladder) but I never see it used on high ladder, so I wanted to try it out, and it works very well. Not to mention, annoys the d tail lugias and giras that like to phaze stuff around.

I also have included a CB ho-oh for max wall breaking powah, a ghostceus to keep my hazards up, and to beat certain things that trouble my team, and standard genesect to keep momentum, go Kamikaze on threats that have picked up too many boosts, and to save my ass late game with flinches . Last but not least lustkia, which is a big nuisance to all teams around, and in Donkey's words, 6-0's teams that don't have an answer to it. I have also been testing latios for that last spot, as a one time kyogre check and be a dick to stall, but I have not had my heart set on either of them. I like this team a lot, but I have truthfully only played about 15 matches with it, with 3 of them with the unhappy guy in the replay.

BTW: I kept palkia in on dialga, because I predicted the guy to go for the rocks, and went straight for the eq on the tenta because nothing on his team would be happy taking a CB earthquake, and I figured that Giratina and ferrothorn would not be happy taking a brave bird to the face. In the end, those crits did not matter, because the kyogre could not KO me with thunder from that range of Hp and I knew that I could ok-ko in return, so I assumed that the #3 ranked player on the ubers ladder (I.e. the guy I was facing) would still go out into the ferrothorn, and I would still predict his ass with the fire blast. Unless the Giaratina was heavily invested in special bulk, there was no way in hell that it would survive a lust orb boosted spacial rend from palkia, so that crit didn't matter.

This concludes my longest post ever made on smogon from my I pad, and I hope you, and the other people who read this are well informed.

Have a Nice Day.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
First post in Ubers!
This is from the Global Showdown. It's not Smogon Meta Ubers and it's 3v3 but there are of course similarities, namely the mon selction so I figured it's worth posting here. Pretty intense battle. It's amazing how long 10 turns can be in a cart. https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&vid=&bid=526645599717

I just did the calcs right now and it looks like kyurem would have survived that ExtremeSpeed no matter what.... but thank GOD I went for the Draco Meteor instead of Ice Beam!

That Thundurus lead was interesting, shame it doesn't have to the room for Protect to stop Fake Out shenanigans like what you did. It seems like short quick combos work out really well in this metagame. Stuff like SmashPass, Tailwind + SpecsOgre, Trickroom or whatever little mini sweep move combos there are.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-41832949
theres alot of hax near the end, but overall it was a very difficult fight for me
Interesting team, I like it personally and it's always fun to see stall being used effectively. Shame your team gets wrecked by ho oh if rocks aren't up. Overall nice match.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-41954251
typical Haruno battle, crucial critical getting through screens, kyogre freeze hacking latias to death and a terrible overprediction at the end with gira-o. Overall one of my closer hax induced matches. Ah wells. Just goes to show how ice beam is the only move kyogre should ever know. Fuck waterspout/surf those are useless in comparison.

on the more hax on both sides mark
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-41528774
losing my sweep because of a ugh stone miss followed by gene absolutely having his way with the opponents team to make up for it.

Last edited:
He does a brilliant maneuver by Nasty Plotting with Darkrai and then Tricking back the Scarf so he outspeeds Genesect...and then uses Dark Pulse instead of Focus Blast, deciding for a loss instead of a 35% chance of winning (odds of FB hitting three times in a row)
Then again, His Darkrai had the move's Nasty plot, dark void, trick, and dark pulse. So there's no way he would of had focus blast.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Then again, His Darkrai had the move's Nasty plot, dark void, trick, and dark pulse. So there's no way he would of had focus blast.
Why didn't he just spam cm with ghostceus against your kyogre instead of doing whatever he was trying to do with his espy? Also that early burn on lugia forced him to sack it which was a pretty hefty decision. Also that decisive para against palkia hurt him alot since it lost him his only remaining win condition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)