The Ubers Replay Thread

Some nitpicks.
No ice beam on kyogre....... wtf
Random useless switching against ferro cost him the game. Ghostceus could've sacked itself by spamming judgment and chipping ferro to death instead of random switching. Terra was neutered at that point.
theres a good chance his ogre did have ice beam, he just chose to use hydro pump considering it does more to ferro
i believe he was switching out becuase he was not achieving much ground with leech seed draining, but yes he probably could have played that better

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
theres a good chance his ogre did have ice beam, he just chose to use hydro pump considering it does more to ferro
i believe he was switching out becuase he was not achieving much ground with leech seed draining, but yes he probably could have played that better
I was referring to the torn-t matchup. Why he used thunder as opposed to hydro pump/ice beam is beyond me and if he did that ferro would have been too weak to stall him out at the end.

As for the switching I'm almost positive arceus spamming judgment would've been enough to neuter protect + leftovers and thus ferro would've been in ko range of kyogres hydro pump. Terra is a non issue after the burn.

steelskitty

you deserve so much more than this
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
You don't like a Pokemon because someone plays it very poorly (and possibly lacks one of its essential moves, Taunt)?
I miss-worded that. I don't like how so many people misuse it and run the wrong moves on it. I have a few issues with the Pokemon itself, though... it's stupidly easy to anti-lead with proper teambuilding, and starting games off 5-6 just to get what isn't even a guaranteed 2 hazards up often isn't worth it when there's better mons (Ferrothorn, Groudon, Dialga, to name a few) that can set up hazards and have utility outside of setting hazards. Deoxys-S has Spikes which is cool I guess, but that's about it.

I think the main issue, though, is that when it does get anti-led and only gets 1 hazard up, you think to yourself "why didn't I just use Stealth Rock/Spikes Deoxys-A"? Seriously, it's a bit sad.

Last edited:
That battle was whack, your opponent didn't know what he was doing (sending in Palkia on Kingdra when having 100 % Ferrothorn lol).

Hi there everyone. I normally don't post battle replays (Most people don't care). But I thought this battle was interesting, and that I would post it for my 100th post:

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-51812103

I didn't 6-0 the user or anything. It's just my best team against a Baton Pass abuse team. The player had a rank 2075 before I beat him, which I assume was due to being a new alt. I know the ladder tends to have less than amazing players, but I found it interesting how an entire team devoted to Baton Pass Chains can fail so easily. There was evasion boosting, so luck was probably on my side, but still, this battle really highlights how Baton Pass/Evasion teams can be overcome with not too much effort.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)