The Undertakers of Funeral Parlor V2 (B2W2 OU Sand RMT)

The Undertakers of Funeral Parlor V2

Guilty Crown;
"The right to use my Friends as a Weapon.
That is the Sinful Crown
I shall adorn."

At A Glance:

Why hello once again Smogon! With the shift into Black 2 and White 2 and all the new toys that came out (especially for Rain x.x), I've found myself needing to update my previously successful Team... so here I am! After a week+ of playing (and peaking 1300 thus far on PO), this is the updated version I've come up with to deal with many of the new threats that have been introduced into the OU Meta. Happy Rating guys! :D

Previous Version:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3465083

Dat Original:

Before B2W2 came around this was the format for the Team. It came out to be very well rounded and I liked it quite a lot. It played a bit more Defensive that I usually like and I kind of missed having Priority, but it was hella fun to play with and could work wonders... I never seriously sat down and laddered, but this team peaked around 1285 or so on PO and sat ~1250 without much trouble at all and that was good enough for me :p

Dat B2W2:

With B2W2 coming onto the scene I saw one thing I definitely wanted to try: Landorus-T. After much playing around with him, I found a Bulky Phy. Wall variant to play the best and for sure wanted to use him... looking at my Team, it was obvious that for him to be included Gliscor was going to have to leave considering their very similar role and typing.

Next up I saw that Technician Breloom came out. I dropped Terrakion and gave the popular SD version a try, but between LO and Sand he died WAY too quick. After that, I decided to go with the SubPunching set. It was working great but lacked the instant Offense that Terrakion had been giving me. Then my friend reminded me of Banded Technician Breloom... this thing is ballin'! The fact that he can kill near any switch in that's not Scarfed that he can do 50+% on is crazy. Not only that, but he brought the Team a form of Priority!

Rain. is. EVERYWHERE... Tornadus-T hits like a truck on damn near anything with Hurricane, Keldeo lol'd at my previous Defenses of Ferro+Gliscor, and Thundurus could run through nearly my entire team given good enough prediction. These problems alone warrented a massive update and boy did SpDef Jirachi come to the rescue! This guy can tank Hurricanes like a champion and heal it off with Wish. Not only that, but he can mess up Keldeo/Thundurus's day pretty well with a Body Slam Para followed by Haxing them to death... hell, he can sweep just about ANYTHING if hax are on my side.

Dat Much Needed Update:

After much testing and playing with and against the new toys, this was by far the most solid version of the team I had come up with for the B2W2 Metagame. Not only that, but the Team also ended up being quite a bit more my style: Bulky Offense. Between TTar and Rachi, Para can be spread rather easily. This can allow Landorus-T, Breloom, and Rotom-W to became devastatingly effective since all they really lack is Speed.

Dem Tweaks:

As most everybody pointed out, Volcarona pretty much walked all over me... Scarf Landorus solves this issue! With Landorus-I becoming the Revenge Killer, Latios then was free to abuse the fact that he's usually Choiced and go with the Expert Belt Bluff set up which also helps him live through Sand and Hazards with Recover. Landorus-T was reverted back to Toxic Stall Gliscor since he's just more useful and serves more purpose. Finally, Rocks were given to TTar while Rachi received Protect.

In Depth:

Changes in Bold Blue.

~The Fearless Leader~

Gai (Tyranitar) (M) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 192 SDef / 48 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Crunch

Gai is here once again and is still the ringleader to his Team! Very little has changed about his role since my last version of this team; His job is to set up Sand and make sure it stays, not to mention killing off Lati@s. Crunch for obligatory STAB and, when combined with Chople Berry, can let me make short work of Gengar, Alakazam, Reuniclus, etc. Pursuit is here to let me demolish the Lati Twins, help win the Weather War vs Sun, and nab a free hit on anything else that may want to run off from TTar. Fire Blast, despite the Adamant Nature and no SpAtk EV's, still nabs important 2HKOs on the Steels I need it to and allows less things to set up on him *cough*Ferrothorn*cough*. Gliscor, unlike Landorus-T, can't carry Rocks with his Set while Rachi is better off utilizing Protect instead... wasn't all that hard of a choice lol.

EV Spread:
The Nature and EV Spread may seem odd, but work out rather well: Adamant with 16 EVs and Chople Berry gives me a rather reliable chance to 2HKO Reuniclus. 48 Speed also lets me jump ahead of Banded Scizor and get a Fire Blast OHKO is they go for U-Turn/Superpower. And again, even with no SpAtk EVs and a -SpAtk nature, Fire Blast still gets all the important 2HKOs that it is meant to. 252 HP with 192 SpDef makes TTar the massive Special Tank that he is lol.

Synergy:
Water-
Rotom and Lati
Grass- Rachi and Lati
Fighting- Gliscor, Landorus and Lati
Ground- Gliscor, Landorus, Rotom, and Lati are Immune
Bug- Gliscor and Landorus
Steel- Rotom

~Heaven's Flight~

Ayase (Gliscor) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Protect
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Regardless of how much I love Landorus-T, Gliscor just keeps proving itself to be one hell of a Phy. Wall with invaluable Immunities both Typing-Wise and Status Blocking. All I've done here is go back to exactly what used take up this Slot: the Toxic Stalling Set with enough Speed to outrun and OHKO Adamant Lucario with EQ. He's back and performing just as good as always! Toxic/Sand damage simply racks up and kills anything that's slower than Gliscor considering he can just spam Sub + Protect until they die... this includes common counters to Gliscor such as Gastrodon and Rotom-W. EQ, regardless of many popular Pokemon coming with an immunity to it, is the overall best choice of a STAB move and can at least damage Steel types such as Ferro, Forry, Scizor, etc who would otherwise sit there and laugh this Set.

EV Spread:
As stated above, pretty much the usual Toxic Stall set... however, I've had to sacrifice some bulk in order to outpace non-Jolly/Timid Lucario to help out the team overall. The only situation I've ever noticed the bulk missing really is vs a Banded Terrakion's Stone Edges.... which from around Full HP I can switch into, live thanks to Protect, OHKO back with EQ if he wants to stay in on me.

Synergy:
Water- Rotom and Lati
Ice- Rotom and Rachi

Testing:

Slowbro

~The Guardian~

Fyu-Neru (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Protect

Rachi has come in and replaced Ferro as the Teams Steel for 2 major reason: Hurricane and neutrality to Fighting (aka Focus Blast and Secret Sword). Tornadus is a pain and there are only a select few Pokemon who can withstand Hurricane Spam, Jirachi being one of them. Being Neutral to Fighting also helps me to deal with many of the new guys (Keldeo, Thundurus-T, Tornadus-T, Techniloom, etc). What I lost in Hazard support, I've made up for in Hax! Unlike Ferrothorn, Rachi can quite literally kill just about anything that Iron Head can do decent damage on as long as Hax are on my side making him a much more offensive option compared to Ferro. Not only that, but Rachi also can pass Wishes to its' Teammates giving them a new chance to come back into the game or just Heal its' own damage off. I chose Body Slam over T-Wave since I like the extra "passive" damage and it also lets Rachi get a Para on things such as Gliscor, Landorus, Thundurus-T, and Donphan who would otherwise laugh at T-Wave. Iron Head's a good STAB and is here to let Rachi do what it does best lol. Protect can allow Rachi to effortlessly Stall/Scout and not to mention live through situations he shouldn't.

EV Spread:
Standard SpDef Spread here and it does its' job very well.

Synergy:
Fire-
TTar, Rotom, and Lati
Ground-
Gliscor, Landorus, Rotom, and Lati are Immune

Testing:

SpDef Skarmory

~Master Hacker~

Tsugumi (Rotom-W) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Also returning we Have Tsugumi, a wonderful team player and Anti-Rain Poke! I have absolutely fallen in love with this Spread <3... thank you so much to Pocket for suggesting this Set in my original RMT for this Team!! This thing cockblocks Scizor like nobodies business and just takes hits like a pro! Volt Swith and Hydro Pump come as no surprise being wonderful STABs that grant great coverage along side switch advantage and power, respectively. WoW can mess up any Phy. Sweepers day and also lets Rotom give passive damage to many things that like to come in and Wall it (Gastrodon, Breloom, Amoonguss, Lati@s, etc). Pain Split, though risky, can have one hell of a pay off allowing you to come back into the game if your opponent can't get the KO (or you predict a switch to a healthy Poke) or can even let me stall for Sand/Status/Pain Split damage to assure a Kill if needed.

EV Spread:
As Pocket Stated about the Spread: "Enough Speed to outrun Adamant Scizor and standard SubChargeBeam Magnezone, and rest of the EVs dedicated into physical defense." This set has yet to let me down!

Synergy:
Grass- Rachi and Lati

~The Monster Within~

Inori (Landorus) (M) @ Choice ScarfTrait: Sand Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Volcarona was a MASSIVE problem, coming in on pretty much anything and setting up to sweep my entire team. This guy solved that problem luckily by outspeeding and OHKOing with Stone Edge (granted I don't miss) or EQ (if Rocks were up). Not only that, but he abuses Sand in the form of Sand Force boosting EQ + Stone Edge which are great anyway for coverage purposes. Hp Ice is here for the many Dragons of OU (and won't cost me games like 95% accurate Draco has) and now the popular Rain Therian Forms. U-Turn is for great scouting and of course works very well along side Rotom's Volt Switch.

EV Spread:
Standard Scarf set up; max Speed + Atk and a Speed Boosting Nature

Synergy:
Water- Rotom and Lati
Ice- Rotom and Rachi

~Power of the Kings~

Ouma Shu (Latios) (M) @ Expert Belt
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

We can't forget the star of the show: Shu! With Landorus-I taking on the role of Scarfer, Latios has been given back the original reason I wanted to run him: Choice Item Bluffing. Nothing's better than frying a Scizor right when they think they've trapped you! :3 Draco is the staple "spam and lol" move which hits for tons of damage and easily lures in Steels to be killed/weakened from an HP Fire. Psyshock remains here as well allowing me to outspeed and OHKO any Keldeo and has the perk of killing Tentacruel effortlessly. Recover has been added into the mix in order to keep Latios healthy despite Hazards and my own Sand so he can keep punching holes in things.

EV Spread:
Standard Latios set up, maxed out power and Speed w/ Timid.

Synergy:
Ice-
Rachi and Rotom
Bug-
Landorus
Ghost- TTar
Dragon- Rachi
Dark-
TTar

One Final Look:

Well guys, hopefully I've come up with a solid update to the Team! Thanks for any Rates and advice :3
Gai (Tyranitar) (M) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 192 SDef / 48 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Crunch

Ayase (Gliscor) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Protect
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Fyu-Neru (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Protect

Tsugumi (Rotom-W) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Inori (Landorus) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Ouma Shu (Latios) (M) @ Expert Belt
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

Looks like a pretty solid team! However, sand force makes Landy-I (normal form) even stronger than Landy-T in the sand, and the speed increase is critical. I recommend switching forms and using a more offensive set, possibly scarf which frees up you Latios to be non-choiced or even to using latias who is bulkier and can take Landy's role of checking fighting types. You can move rocks onto Rachi or Ttar no problem.

Thanks for the ideas! And actually, that option was covered in my previous RMT where Landorus-I used to be my Scarfer (and was then replaced by Toxic Stall Gliscor to help manage Fighting Types). The problem with him is that Scarf Latios lets me outspeed and OHKO Venu in the Sun, whereas Landorus-I wouldn't be able to... and if I cannot outspeed him or sac off TTar just to change the Weather then I would straight out lose that game. Speaking of the previous version, it would also leave me without a solid check to Fighting Types, which is what Landorus-T (and previously Gliscor) does for me.

At a first glance, you have huge problems switching in to Keldeo without Roost on Latios. I would be recommending a set change here, if it wasn't so important for you to outspeed and kill Venu. Another huge issue here though is Volc. With a little big of prior damage on Ttar, +1 LO will run through your team easily. The only last ditch solution you have to that is to sac something, trick it with Latios on Bug Buzz, and revenge with Landorus, a situation you obviuosly don't want to be in.

For these reasons, I'd stick Stealth Rocks on either Jirachi or Ttar and change to Scarf Landorus-I, while changing Latios to a Life Orb set with Roost. This gives you a much more solid check to Sun threats, while still letting you outspeed +1 dragons like mence and also still lets you revenge important key threats like Luke, Croak, a d Terrakion that Landorus-T would, keeps momentum, and takes advantage of the Sand (which I don't see you doing very much of), hitting much harder. It also offers to outspeed and Stone Edge Volc at +1, which is insurance this team really appreciates.

As a last note, Fire Punch is really unnecessary on Jirachi. It's not like it hits anything hard, and with rain flying around a lot these days I doubt it'll find much use. You should be making use of this moveslot with Protect or Rocks.

Hey sweet team-- just a small typo on Tyanitar's Synergy. I think Rotom has the steel synergy, not Landorus.

Keep it up!

@Earthduster:
Keldeo isn't all that big of a threat honestly. TTar can cripple him with T-Wave on the Switch In, Rachi can hax him to death, and Latios threatens the Psyshock OHKO on ANY Keldeo variant once he gets a free switch in.

I must agree that Volca can be quite a pain. I guess I just run into Venu quite a bit more (mostly considering my friend who loves Sun also tends to use Venu lol). Switching back to Landorus-I would leave me without a good option to Wall things like Terra, Luke (+2 ExtremeSpeed OHKO's Landorus-I), and Conkeldurr though.... which was one of the original problems my team was facing before the other RMT xD.

As for answers to Volca, you're right in the fact that there isn't really a straight forward option for me now but I still have some choices (Rachi/TTar Para, Rocks + Sand and sacing off Lati, Rachi Hax, etc).... probably the easiest way to get past this without creating new problems would be for me to revert back to SubSD Terrakion which was previously in Brelooms' slot. the only thing I really would miss out on is the added Priority but with Lati as my Scarfer that's not too big of an issue, especially since Terrakion OHKO's Volca with Stone Edge and can live any +1 hit. After all, Techniloom was more or less a try on a whim with his release into OU.

I definitely have noticed what you mean about Fire Punch. It's been good in only a select few cases. I'll definitely give Protect a go considering how well it goes with Wish and Sand Damage.

@Bugdomking:
Good eye! Thanks for catching that lol, I'll change it here in a sec :)

Volc has Giga Drain so I'm not sure how SubSD Terrakion works at all.

+2 Espeed doesn't OHKO Landorus-I (it can with about 25% prior damage though). Both Luke and Terrakion can be revenged without issues. You mention Conkeldurr, but I don't see how Landorus-T walls it anyway since it can live any attack you throw at it at +1 and simply Ice Punch you.

Completely forgot he gets access to Giga Drain now! ... I guess the question becomes how popular of an option it is? I've only ran into very few "customized" Volca with my testing, including 1 Giga Drain, 1 Psychic, and 1 Roost. Though if there is a better option over Breloom/Terrakion who could fill this Sweeper Role on the team that can allow me to get past Volca I would gladly test it out :)

Sorry about the OHKO comment, I guess I was just remembering it that way since Luke usually doesn't show his face until Late Game for a Sweep and by that time Landorus-I has generally taken 2-3 switch ins on Rocks which then allows a +2 ESpeed to kill... and that situation happens A LOT vs good players since that is SD Lukes' role in their team.

I actually have yet to see a single Ice Punch Conkeldurr, that may just be my luck though lol. IIRC Payback is a more solid option since it allows him to have better coverage and seems to have stayed as the top pick for his "filler" move, at least from what I've seen. Without Ice Punch he's simply Walled and 2-3HKO'd (depending on Rocks, Bulk Ups, and Damage Rolls) by a few Earthquakes.

EDIT:
Just thought of something... what if I switched out Breloom for a Scarf Terrakion rather than a SubSD one? This would give me an answer to Volca (regardless of the chance of Giga Drain/Psychic) much like Scarf Landorus-I and still leaves me with a very quick Scarfer who outspeeds and Revenge Kills Venu if I can't take out the Sun. That would then allow Latios to be more versatile with LO/Expert Belt and Recover as earlier suggested :D. Thoughts anyone?

You look massively Scizor weak to be honest. Everything on your team is destroyed by U-turn except Landorus-T (who doesn't really beat it 1 on 1 easily), and who is also easily beaten by common Scizor team mates like Latios and Rotom-W. Unfortunately, I can't see a quick fix to this. Heatran could work over Rachi of course, but then you get very Tornadus weak. Otherwise, Amoonguss > Breloom and / or Hippowdon > Tyranitar could work to patch it over.

Otherwise, solid team, nice work.

I can for sure see Scizor being a problem if Rotom and Landorus are down (though that is 1/3rd of the team lol) and it's happened once or twice in testing. hmmm, I'll definitely give a Phy. Def Amoonguss a try over Breloom... to go along with this I'll also try out Scarf Landorus-I (giving TTar/Rachi Rocks) and mess around with Latios a bit.

Loving all the suggestions guys! keep em coming! :)

EDIT:
Another idea, one which I've been considering for a while, is going back to Toxic Stall Gliscor as my Phy. Wall. He served me quite well with any Fighting Type/Scizor problems and let me just lol in peoples faces whenever facing a non-Scarf Rotom and/or Gastrodon... After all, with my previous Defensive Core of Gliscor+Ferrothorn (and a splash of Bulky Rotom), Ferro was really the only one who absolutely needed replacing due to new Rain threats such as Tornadus-T.

To support this I could go with Scarf Landorus-I/Terrakion (whichever one fits better, though Landorus is looking good atm) over Breloom to give me an option for OHKOing Volca and change to an Expert Belt Latios who can easily still get rid of Keldeo.

This leaves me with 2 questions for this route:
1) Who should gets Rocks, Rachi or TTar? T-Wave is nice on TTar, but he obviously creates free turns for Rocks in Weather Wars and EQ, Stone Edge, Superpower, and Ice Beam are all other good choices in this slot anyway. Rachi can be fun with Fire Punch and is down right annoying with Protect, but Rocks are a solid option here too... I'm leaning towards TTar.

2) Recover vs Surf vs HP Fire for the last 2 Slots on Expert Belt Lati.
The obvious choices on Latios are Draco (duh) and Psyshock (Keldeo and other Fighting Types). HP Fire allows me to kill Scizor who think they've got me trapped (otherwise I still am trapped T_T) and easily get past other Steels, Surf is just good overall coverage, and Recover lets me combat my own Sand and use Latios a bit more loosely without fear of death.

Yes, I agree that taking damage from Rocks can be an issue. This is where spinners come in, but obviously that's not applicable here... Anyways, I'm hesitant about using Scarf Terrakion > Scarf Landorus simply because Double Priority Luke does see a bit of use. Also, I don't understand what you mean by using Lando-I over Breloom as you can't use both forms of it on the same team. I'm assuming you mean using it over your current Landorus, in which case I agree. If you're REALLY worried about Luke, though, I'd give Ttar a Focus Sash and Superpower over Crunch or Pursuit, which can let you surprise it (and maybe Terrakion) occasionally.

I'm also leaning towards Rocks on Ttar because Protect is invaluable on Jirachi, letting you successfully switch into Specs Latios if rain is up, Wish, then Protect, avoiding the 3HKO. Recover is a must if you go with Expert Belt Lati, and I'd lean more to HP Fire > Surf to hurt both Scizor and wear down Ferro, which perhaps can be a bit of an issue. It also discourages Luke from coming in to setup, and combined with Superpower on Ttar can significantly decrease the chances of your opponent sweeping you with Luke, as it will have serious difficulties setting up.

About Scarf Landy-I > Breloom, I was meaning that change in combination with bringing back Toxic Stall Gliscor over the current Landorus-T as my Phy. Wall (who with Speed Investment outruns and OHKOs Luke anyway so he becomes a non-issue). Another good thing about Toxic Stall Gliscor is I can Protect/Sub to Scout for Ice Punch on Conkeldurr rather than just hope he isn't carrying it, which if he isn't or I've already got a Sub I can proceed to Toxic Stall him to death.

With these changes, Rocks will be moved to TTar over T-Wave. Like you've said, Protect on Rachi can be a godsent. I don't know why I originally overlooked this option as I love abusing it on Ferrothorn so much lol. Definitely a massive thanks for bringing it back to my attention! :)

As for Latios, I pretty much agree. The reason I've always loved him as Expert Belt is he can literally just laugh at Scizor and reverse the situation of "haha free kill!". Aside from facing say.... a Heatran, I don't even remember the last time I've found Surf all that useful anyway. HP Fire and Recover look to be the best options here.

I'll be testing in the next few days (excluding tomorrow... woo for 4th of July lol), but I think all these changes will work out really well! Thanks so much Earthduster and everybody else for bringing to light these issues and giving suggestions :D. This is exactly the reason I love posting on Smogon!

Summary of current testings:
- Rocks > T-Wave on TTar
- Toxic Stall Gliscor > Landorus-T with enough Speed to get past Luke
- Scarf Landorus-I > Breloom
- Expert Belt Latios with Draco, Psyshock, HP Fire, and Recover

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Hey,

This team is very solid, but it looks very weak to Volcarona, as it can set up on most members of your team and wreck havoc with its powerful boosted attacks. Something you could do to fix this without modifying your team too much (i'm considering the ''first'' version without the changes suggested) would be using Heatran over Jirachi. Heatran can still check Dragon type pokemon like Jirachi did.

Heatran@Air Balloon | Flash Fire
Timid Nature | 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hidden Power Ice / Fire Blast / Earth Power / Toxic

Good luck!

ahh Heatran, how I have come to love him xD. Not due to him being a fav of mine, but simply because he fills his own niche so freakin' well... he seems to find his way into more of my spur of the moment "oh this sounds good!!" teams than anything else.

Thanks for the suggestion! My only concern with Tran > Rachi is I then fail to have any real solid switch into the VERY popular Tornadus-T if they are primed to go on a Hurricane spam, which isn't too hard since it only requires the Rain to be up. He can take 2-3 Hurricanes, but considering how popular the LO Set is he also simply rolls over and dies to Superpower/Focus Blast :(

Adding Tran while keeping Rachi seems to work out the best overall, but then again that means I'd have to boot someone else off... Breloom seems to be the prime choice really, but would that create any new problems? I currently can't think of any new "OMG Insta-lose!!!" situations (similar to Volca atm), though I am rather sleepy and could be overlooking something.

As far as recent testings with the listed changes, things are going pretty well. I have noticed that Mamoswine laughs at me once Rotom is down (man is he such a good Anti-Meta Poke atm x.x) however that's not too big of a concern. More importantly I've seen opposing Toxic Stall Gliscor can set up and royally mess up my day since Landorus-I and Latios are both susceptible to at least partial Toxic Stalling before getting a clear shot at him without a Sub and/or Protect. Of course with some tactical switching with Rachi and my Own Gliscor I'm able to out Stall him, but damn is he annoying!

Perhaps you could consider using CBTar. It can trap and KO Ninetales with Pursuit, winning you the weather war and eliminating any issues you might have with sun. A good strategy here is to switch in Ttar, then switch out to Gliscor or something to scout the Will-O-Wisp (needs toxic orb activated, obviously). Even if your opponent does Wisp you I'm pretty sure that Stone Edge will OHKO, although I haven't run the calcs on this. In any event, well played Landorus+Ttar+Latios should be good enough to take down any Sun team.

Also, if you're desperate, you can just switch in your own Gliscor on Toxic Stall Gliscor. You can't do anything back, but obviously with some switching around you should easily be able to stall out your opponent, if that's necessary.

Funny enough, I've considered using a Banded/Scarfed TTar just haven't tried it out. Not that Gengar, Alakazam, or Reuniclus are exactly popular, but what would then be the easiest way of dealing with these guys (aka what Chople Berry followed by 1-2 Crunches allows me to deal with) apart from "Send in your Scarfer to Revenge Kill"? There may be an obvious answer, but being sleepy isn't helping me think too much >.<

And after that one Toxic Stall Gliscor screwed me over, I definitely learned my lesson. Every single one since then has been out stalled with little trouble... that first one just got me so pissed lol.

You have a Specially defensive Jirachi, which deals with Gengar & Alakazam well. CBTar easily disposes of Reuniclus with Crunch, so this shouldn't be too much of an issue. However, if you end up using CBtar rocks would have to fall on Jirachi, which might give you some troubles with Gengar. I've never found it too troublesome, though, you can always play around Gengar.

yep, knew I was overlooking some obvious answers xD. Thanks for pointing those out! I'll have to give CBTar a go later today. As for Gengar, I'm not super worried about him... Volt Switch breaks the Sub if there is one IIRC, followed by an easy KO from Latios/Landorus-I (whichever version of my team, the one who's Scarfed)

EDIT:
I just tried out CBTar for a bit and DAMN... this guy can win Weather Wars like nobodies business o.O. Politoed thinks it's free to switch in? nope! here, take 70+% from anything I throw at you! ;)

I decided to roll with a bit bulkier Spread of 252 HP / 96 Atk / 112 SDef / 48 Spe to still allow Draco Meteors to not hurt all that much. It's worked wonderfully thus far, especially considering Adamant @ CB with 134 Base Atk still lets him smack things like a truck regardless of not maxing out on Atk EV's.

I do slightly miss the Protect on Jirachi, but when TTar can outright get unexpected kills and finish off slower/para'd things it's not missed too awful much.

Sayonara

don't forget
Hi, Steel.Storm! Nice team. First off, I would recommend Stealth Rock instead of Thunder Wave for Tyranitar. To be honest, your team doesn't really need paralysis support since it is already pretty fast. Stealth Rock is important for every team to have, since it limits the offensive potential of VoltTurn, Gyarados, Volcarona and Dragonite. Now, I find that Mamoswine is a big threat to your team. With a super-effective Earthquake, it can KO Tyranitar and Jirachi, while a supec-effective Ice Shard / Icicle Crash easily KOs Landorus-T, Breloom and Latios. To fix this weakness to Mamoswine, I would recommend a Physically Defensive Skarmory. This wall is really tough to take down, and unlike Jirachi, it is immune to Ground-type moves, which helps a lot when dealing with Mamoswine. It also helps you deal with Scizor, a common threat, as it resists his U-Turns and Bullet Punches. Spikes adds a layer of hazards, which constantly puts pressure on the opponent, as switching in becomes more and more difficult for the opposition. Roost is a reliable recovery move that allows you get 50% of its health back, while Whirlwind is used for pHazing, preventing opponents from setting up, as well as forcing the opponent to send in Pokemon who will ruined by entry hazards you set up. Finally, Brave Bird is used to deal with things like Breloom and Virizion, and it represents Skarmory's main STAB move. Leftovers grants recovery, and Sturdy prevents Skarmory from being OHKO'd at full health. The 24 Speed EVs allow you to outspeed Max Speed Wobbuffet. The set can be found below. Cool team, and good luck!

Skarmory @ Leftovers | Sturdy
Impish Nature | 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Roost | Spikes | Whirlwind | Brave Bird

Thanks for the rate! I do have Rocks on the team, always have. In the original it was on Landorus-T, now I've moving them between TTar and Rachi depending on what I'm messing with.

Mamoswine can for sure be a pain. Generally when I see one in Team Preview I play Rotom rather carefully and it has thus far worked out. Stone Edge is a ~3HKO to my Rotom whereas I've got a Hydro Pump OHKO to threaten back with or even just Pain Split to Life Orb stall him some. Toxic Stall Gliscor can also wear him down a bit before being forced out if Mamo decides to come in on him. However having a solid secondary answer to a problem is always welcome.

About the only problem I see with switching to Skarm is, much like with Heatran, Tornadus-T then becomes rather annoying with his Hurricane Spam... though SpDef Skarm can Wall him rather well and is still able to deal with Mamo without too much effort so I may give him a go. Thanks again for posting :D

Finally got around to updating the OP! My largest problem now is Ice in general... if I had to name a specific Pokemon then it would obviously be Mamoswine lol, but Teams with a lot of access to Ice are really what are giving my trouble.

If I had to say something that would fix this off the top of my head, I'm thinking a new Phy. Wall would be needed. Considering how good Landorus-I is at what it does I don't really think there's much of a replacement for him, but Gliscor sharing the same exact Typing (and thus Weaknesses) can really hurt mid-late game. I'm not exactly sure what Phy. Wall would fit well though to combat this Ice/Mamoswine problem =/

Skarm does not replace Jirachi in any way in this team, so I don't know why he suggested it... the point was to stop Rain sweepers, which neither Skarm nor Heatran is capable of doing.

As for MAMO, pretty much every team is weak to that shit. The only solid switchins in the game are Rotom and Skarm, and it's not like you have the space to run both on every team (Actually, Skarm is 3HKO'd by LO Icicle Crash which can flinch). Most Mamo are just running Ice/Ground coverage, with a few utilizing Superpower. You're fine with just Rotom.

I can stand having a problem with Mamo, after all ya can't really make a perfect team lol and careful playing with Rotom works well enough. It's just sometimes the large Ice weakness itself is what does me in every now and then and is kind of annoying.

Random HP Ice's can easily be played around (Ttar, Jirachi, etc). The only major users of ICE Moves that are really problematic in OU that I can think of right now are Cloyster and Mamo. Both are significant threats but I guess these are just the pokes you need to keep in mind when going into every battle.

As a side note, Slowbro is an option, but it makes you weak to Scizor's U-turn. In a couple weeks Genesect'll be out though, which'll reduce Scizor usage to the point where this change may be viable (lol, quite a long shot though).

Slowbro had crossed my mind, but as you said it then opens up trouble for Scizor (and U-Turn spam in general). Thus far playing around Ice has been working well enough, but I was hoping to find something to ease that problem. It can make Hail matches REALLY annoying if I don't properly protect Rachi/Rotom, however Hail is quite rare regardless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)