The World Cup of Pokémon VII - Sign Up Thread [UPDATE: SEE POST #615 & #636]

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this rate the name of this tourney should be changed to:

THE TROLL CUP OF POKEMON VII

-_-U
Right .

When you played for a country in the preliminary round. You can't play for an another country in the main tour . That's the SPIRIT of the WORLD CUP ?
Seems legit no ?

GG gg .

@The trash who was questioning me joining UK, STFU. I was born in London, tough. What else do you need idiot...my passport?

Grind Pantera

I guess I have to comment. I asked both iconic and bloo if i could play for benelux/europe before the play offs were up, I told them my grandmother was dutch and they said It was fine and i can play. After that we lost to Italy (where i was the only one who didn't even play a match) I decided to join benelux. I had to go through the usual process: Tryouts, making teams, testing teams, throwing them in the trash, making teams again etc.. I also had to do a shit ton of battles to actually get back into shape seeing as i haven't played in ages. So i worked hard because i believed the words the Host: Iconic and Co-Host: Bloo gave me. But because of a few people on the thread, their decisions were influenced and i got screwed so late. I am 25% dutch and if they accepted it in the first place they should stick to their words, and make this one their one exception because THEY gave me the word for it. That's pretty much my last say in this.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
I guess I have to comment. I asked both iconic and bloo if i could play for benelux/europe before the play offs were up, I told them my grandmother was dutch and they said It was fine and i can play. After that we lost to Italy (where i was the only one who didn't even play a match) I decided to join benelux. I had to go through the usual process: Tryouts, making teams, testing teams, throwing them in the trash, making teams again etc.. I also had to do a shit ton of battles to actually get back into shape seeing as i haven't played in ages. So i worked hard because i believed the words the Host: Iconic and Co-Host: Bloo gave me. But because of a few people on the thread, their decisions were influenced and i got screwed so late. I am 25% dutch and if they accepted it in the first place they should stick to their words, and make this one their one exception because THEY gave me the word for it. That's pretty much my last say in this.

Just let the guy in, it's fucking pokemon. Do you french fucks like Manu and any other fucks really want to screw a guy out of competing? Fight for your country, but first and foremost it's a /fun pokemon tournament/. Don't fuck over other players, that's even more despised. If what Grind says is true, he abided by the rules. So don't blame him lol.

So basically the Hosts told him he could play and now they are saying he can't? You guys are seriously thinking about this as more than a game as if it's life or something. There's no way to prove he's not dutch so you can't really say if he is or not so stfu and just play the fucking game...

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
I find funny that some people that is blaming Grind Pantera (and Xtra, Sergio and Somalia) have tried out for other teams (that they can join only because 1 parent or similar stuff ) because they weren't picked for their country's team, lol.

MAD?

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
This is just ridiculous
Its in the rules, why cant frind pantera play for benelux?

Teams have not been set in stone yet, but it is likely they will be the same as last year with the possibility of a few changes. This means that, although very unlikely, some players may not qualify for any team. As a completely arbitrary example, let's say Canada was removed, then a Canadian fellow whose parents are 102381923124th generation Canadian farmers wouldn't be eligible for any team. In this case, he will be allowed to try out for the country/region they feel most closely associated with at the discretion of the TDs.

Go10

Storm Vanguard !
The problem isnt with GP but with the rules, I though they were going to be changed after the Friend cup from last year, it seems I was wrong.

Atticus

Atticus
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Just let the guy in, it's fucking pokemon. Do you french fucks like Manu and any other fucks really want to screw a guy out of competing? Fight for your country, but first and foremost it's a /fun pokemon tournament/. Don't fuck over other players, that's even more despised. If what Grind says is true, he abided by the rules. So don't blame him lol.

tbh if we allow this 1/4th thing when the standard is 1/2, then the number is just going to keep going up -_- soon it will be 1/8th, 1/16th, etc.

recent developments have forced bloo and me to make a number of tough calls regarding team eligibility. to preface this, i'm the first to admit there are a number of intrinsic flaws with wcop system, especially with the 'parent rule', but we did our best to work with what we have.

in summary we've decided to accept all the submitted rosters and chug along to post r1. there was a lot of controversy with players hopping from team to team and editing sketchy team eligibilities in their sign up posts. while there is some pretty convincing evidence against people like noodlez that they may have lied about team eligibility, at the end of the day the nature of this tournament (and online anonymity) means we will virtually never have 100% evidence. in addition, which is even more problematic, cracking down on the rules means that we have to crack down on every single person from every single roster, which would delay this tournament for several days. our hands are completely tied: we either do our best to ensure the rosters are 100% legit or we start the tournament on time, because i'm not willing to make such drastic rulings that kick off players without staying consistent and reviewing every single case. it's a pick your poison situation. we've decided on the lesser of the two evils.

jackal warned me about this kind of problem before wcop started, which is why he was pretty lax on team eligibility in the past. ever since we started handing out trophies to the winners of wcop, this issue has become increasingly large with people trying to play with friends and create superteams just for the sake of a temporary trophy that end of the day means absolutely nothing. i suspect this problem will get even worse in the future. i'm not really sure what we can do about this. the 'loyalty rule' implemented this year was a step in the right direction, but in the future if this problem doesn't settle itself then we'll probably have to scrap the 'parent rule' or, god forbid, can wcop altogether. this isn't a promise or a threat. this is just an unfortunate realization of the state of this tournament.

keep in mind there was no right decision for the situation bloo and i had to call, and the two of us will inevitably be flamed for this. that's fine, it's part of the job. however, we've been put in a precarious situation where we must balance the integrity of the tournament with the tournament's timeframe, which isn't an easy task. i'm sorry to all we upset with this ruling. personally, i'm not too happy about it myself and am disappointed we were put in this situation in the first place. it was something we tried extremely hard to avoid when we posted sign ups. i'm sure many of you will be mad and question the tournament's integrity as a result, but keep in mind that over the past year bloo and i have done more for this forum than anyone else, and we want nothing more than for it to succeed and be respected.

we've been working on the onsite business since this morning and should have r1 up later today

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
recent developments have forced bloo and me to make a number of tough calls regarding team eligibility. to preface this, i'm the first to admit there are a number of intrinsic flaws with wcop system, especially with the 'parent rule', but we did our best to work with what we have.

in summary we've decided to accept all the submitted rosters and chug along to post r1. there was a lot of controversy with players hopping from team to team and editing sketchy team eligibilities in their sign up posts. while there is some pretty convincing evidence against people like noodlez that they may have lied about team eligibility, at the end of the day the nature of this tournament (and online anonymity) means we will virtually never have 100% evidence. in addition, which is even more problematic, cracking down on the rules means that we have to crack down on every single person from every single roster, which would delay this tournament for several days. our hands are completely tied: we either do our best to ensure the rosters are 100% legit or we start the tournament on time, because i'm not willing to make such drastic rulings that kick off players without staying consistent and reviewing every single case. it's a pick your poison situation. we've decided on the lesser of the two evils.

jackal warned me about this kind of problem before wcop started, which is why he was pretty lax on team eligibility in the past. ever since we started handing out trophies to the winners of wcop, this issue has become increasingly large with people trying to play with friends and create superteams just for the sake of a temporary trophy that end of the day means absolutely nothing. i suspect this problem will get even worse in the future. i'm not really sure what we can do about this. the 'loyalty rule' implemented this year was a step in the right direction, but in the future if this problem doesn't settle itself then we'll probably have to scrap the 'parent rule' or, god forbid, can wcop altogether. this isn't a promise or a threat. this is just an unfortunate realization of the state of this tournament.

keep in mind there was no right decision for the situation bloo and i had to call, and the two of us will inevitably be flamed for this. that's fine, it's part of the job. however, we've been put in a precarious situation where we must balance the integrity of the tournament with the tournament's timeframe, which isn't an easy task. i'm sorry to all we upset with this ruling. personally, i'm not too happy about it myself and am disappointed we were put in this situation in the first place. it was something we tried extremely hard to avoid when we posted sign ups. i'm sure many of you will be mad and question the tournament's integrity as a result, but keep in mind that over the past year bloo and i have done more for this forum than anyone else, and we want nothing more than for it to succeed and be respected.

we've been working on the onsite business since this morning and should have r1 up later today
well said, tekky

Grind Pantera

Where is Kuwait on that flag
Hey, someone quote this and laugh. He's trying hard to be funny don't let him down. Sadly that joke has been thrown a few pages ago and theebay707 executed it brilliantly and you managed to kill it. HAHAHAHA OMG UR SO FUNNY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)