The World Cup of Pokémon VII - Sign Up Thread [UPDATE: SEE POST #615 & #636]

Discussion in 'World Cup of Pokemon' started by Bloo, May 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gec

gec i've been crawling through the falling
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

2. Nelson

Nelson Red_Panda *-*
    is a Tiering Contributor

lol you could do a similar troll flag for nearly every LU.
  3. H-C

H-C

If we have to remove one player, I think every team have to change some player of their line up.
  4. yondie

yondie ice age
    is a Pre-Contributoris a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

i know it may sound surprising but most teams are composed of players who are eligible for each respective team mentioned....
  5. H-C

H-C

Grind_Pantera is eligible for our team too. Like I said it before, he has my spot in the main team. Do you really think I'll let him my spot if he was not eligible ?
  6. B-Lulz

B-Lulz Can't Be Saved
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

yeah i think its pretty possible you could do that lol, its not too hard to concoct a story that you lived somewhere for a period of time on the internet...
  7. Delko

Delko tab-made man
    is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Super Moderatoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    RMT Leader

8. H-C

H-C

He asked us to come BEFORE he made team africa. And I'm not like those people who are lying just for playing in a team so why would I lie about it ?
  9. HellPowna

HellPowna
    is a Past SPL Winner

10. Chieliee

Chieliee

france has a ton of algerians/half algerians
    uk has a ton of indians/half indians

EDIT: i wasn't trying to be racist, just asking why the fuck can grind pantera not be in our team
  11. -Manu-

-Manu-

That is racism. In France Team players are FRENCH whatever the nationality of their parents.
  12. Maaf

Maaf Let's go for Nanar sweep
    is a Contributor Alumnus

13. Nelson

Nelson Red_Panda *-*
    is a Tiering Contributor

france is probably the only LU that didn't take any strangers but that isn't the question.

from an ethical point of vieuw, iconic can't ask to only one nation to remove x player when he perfectly know that 90% of the other LU has also non true eiligible players or players changing from UK to asia (for example) between wcups.

Btw, now that we have talked about xtrashine going to us and GP going to benelux, why didn't anyone point out Sergio_aguerro and somalia going from africa to UK ?????
  14. Bangisan

Bangisan

African members going to other teams...
  15. Haunter

Haunter just outplay the coin flip...
    is an official Team Rateris a Battle Server Administratoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris an Administratoris a Tutor Alumnus
    Líder máximo

I don't know about the others, but I can vouch for Somalia and for the fact that he lives in UK.
  16. SkyNet

SkyNet MediEvil!

Because everyone knows both SA and Somalia live in the UK...
  17. Chieliee

Chieliee

Grind pantera is eligible for benelux
    Xtrashine is eligible US central
    Sergio_Aguero and Somalia are eligible for UK

All of them moved from Africa to their respective teams

what the fuck is the difference

18. -Manu-

-Manu-

Maybe because GP was Captain of Africa Team ?
  19. Vinc2612

Vinc2612 I guess I'll never learn
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderator

There's no difference. I'm pretty sure that if he tried-out for Asia, nobody would say anything since he lives here.
    And he probably would tried for Asia if the hosts didn't confirm he can play with the Benelux...
  20. Stone_Cold

Stone_Cold
    is a Tutoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

How about you all just shut the fuck up and play the damn game. I don't see the point in arguing. How about you guys just respect the fucking rules? Team Africa players migrated to other teams last year, noone gave two shits. So stop caring now.

And -manu- , what makes GP so different from Somalia/Xtra? Captain is just a title, his team didn't make it and he was eligible for another team. The other team didn't have to accept him, but they did. It's completely allowed in the rules so how about you guys stop acting like middle schoolers and sit down, shut the fuck up, and wait for R1 like everyone else.
  21. -Manu-

-Manu-

I think GP had responsability of team Africa and that is the more important. But I agree with you no one of the players should play for another team having already play for Africa Team.
  22. kokoloko

kokoloko I fill the bag.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Winner
    Underused Leader

i hear that, in addition to being eligible to us east, west, team asia, and la, user: noodlez was part of team africa before they were eliminated

smfh
  23. Austinf

Austinf

So what will happen if the captain of both Team Africa and their new team want them next year ? Don't you just have to chose a damn country/continent to which you're eligible for the whole World Cup ? What's the point in calling it a World Cup then ?

mad players being mad for not making it.
  24. Stallion

Stallion Killing is my business, and business is good!
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

I've enjoyed reading this thread but seriously, this. To those out there bitching about xtra and the others - shut the fuck up, stop bickering about allegiances and just wait for round one like everyone else.
  25. Chieliee

Chieliee

last thing i'll say about this sitation in this thread, but manu that's incredibly easy to say for a member of a team who doesn't have any of those african players

After Team Africa was eliminated, GP asked Iconic if he could play for us(benelux). So he did tryouts n stuff, and was quickly accepted and given a spot in the main team

However, after discussion with the other TD's, it seemed that iconic had made a mistake, as GP is only 1/4th dutch and not 1/2nd. TODAY Iconic notified Delko of the fact that GP cannot play for us. Iconic's mistake was rectified, but rectified TOO FUCKING LATE. Now, if GP can indeed not play for us, he won't be able to play for any team, because of iconic's mistake. (gp would have try-outed for asia otherwise)

unacceptable

tl;dr: Iconic fucked up, and GP and the benelux team have to pay for it.

@ manu i don't think you understand me. If you weren't french but played for benelux instead, you probably wouldn't say that.

These are my last words

EDIT: acatually not

okay i accept, especially now that i heard gp can still play for asia if he wants to. Let's just get this discussion over with.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)