The World Cup of Pokémon VII - Sign Up Thread [UPDATE: SEE POST #615 & #636]

Status
Not open for further replies.

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
If we have to remove one player, I think every team have to change some player of their line up.
i know it may sound surprising but most teams are composed of players who are eligible for each respective team mentioned....

Grind_Pantera is eligible for our team too. Like I said it before, he has my spot in the main team. Do you really think I'll let him my spot if he was not eligible ?

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yeah i think its pretty possible you could do that lol, its not too hard to concoct a story that you lived somewhere for a period of time on the internet...

He asked us to come BEFORE he made team africa. And I'm not like those people who are lying just for playing in a team so why would I lie about it ?

france has a ton of algerians/half algerians
uk has a ton of indians/half indians

EDIT: i wasn't trying to be racist, just asking why the fuck can grind pantera not be in our team

Nelson

Young, Wild & Free
france is probably the only LU that didn't take any strangers but that isn't the question.

from an ethical point of vieuw, iconic can't ask to only one nation to remove x player when he perfectly know that 90% of the other LU has also non true eiligible players or players changing from UK to asia (for example) between wcups.

Btw, now that we have talked about xtrashine going to us and GP going to benelux, why didn't anyone point out Sergio_aguerro and somalia going from africa to UK ?????

Grind pantera is eligible for benelux
Xtrashine is eligible US central
Sergio_Aguero and Somalia are eligible for UK

All of them moved from Africa to their respective teams

what the fuck is the difference

14:49 Vinc2612 the thing is that Iconic told GP he is elligible, so he tried out here
14:50 Vinc2612 and now, they said he had to try-out for asia if he wanted to play
14:50 Vinc2612 he probably would if he knew

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There's no difference. I'm pretty sure that if he tried-out for Asia, nobody would say anything since he lives here.
And he probably would tried for Asia if the hosts didn't confirm he can play with the Benelux...

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
How about you all just shut the fuck up and play the damn game. I don't see the point in arguing. How about you guys just respect the fucking rules? Team Africa players migrated to other teams last year, noone gave two shits. So stop caring now.

And -manu- , what makes GP so different from Somalia/Xtra? Captain is just a title, his team didn't make it and he was eligible for another team. The other team didn't have to accept him, but they did. It's completely allowed in the rules so how about you guys stop acting like middle schoolers and sit down, shut the fuck up, and wait for R1 like everyone else.

How about you all just shut the fuck up and play the damn game. I don't see the point in arguing. How about you guys just respect the fucking rules? Team Africa players migrated to other teams last year, noone gave two shits. So stop caring now.

And -manu- , what makes GP so different from Somalia/Xtra? Captain is just a title, his team didn't make it and he was eligible for another team. The other team didn't have to accept him, but they did. It's completely allowed in the rules so how about you guys stop acting like middle schoolers and sit down, shut the fuck up, and wait for R1 like everyone else.
I think GP had responsability of team Africa and that is the more important. But I agree with you no one of the players should play for another team having already play for Africa Team.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
i hear that, in addition to being eligible to us east, west, team asia, and la, user: noodlez was part of team africa before they were eliminated

smfh

Team Africa players migrated to other teams last year, noone gave two shits. So stop caring now.
Simply put, if you play for a team in this World Cup, you must play with them for every subsequent year if the captain chooses you for his roster.
So what will happen if the captain of both Team Africa and their new team want them next year ? Don't you just have to chose a damn country/continent to which you're eligible for the whole World Cup ? What's the point in calling it a World Cup then ?

mad players being mad for not making it.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion

I've enjoyed reading this thread but seriously, this. To those out there bitching about xtra and the others - shut the fuck up, stop bickering about allegiances and just wait for round one like everyone else.

I agree with you no one of the players should play for another team having already play for Africa Team.
last thing i'll say about this sitation in this thread, but manu that's incredibly easy to say for a member of a team who doesn't have any of those african players

After Team Africa was eliminated, GP asked Iconic if he could play for us(benelux). So he did tryouts n stuff, and was quickly accepted and given a spot in the main team

However, after discussion with the other TD's, it seemed that iconic had made a mistake, as GP is only 1/4th dutch and not 1/2nd. TODAY Iconic notified Delko of the fact that GP cannot play for us. Iconic's mistake was rectified, but rectified TOO FUCKING LATE. Now, if GP can indeed not play for us, he won't be able to play for any team, because of iconic's mistake. (gp would have try-outed for asia otherwise)

unacceptable

tl;dr: Iconic fucked up, and GP and the benelux team have to pay for it.

@ manu i don't think you understand me. If you weren't french but played for benelux instead, you probably wouldn't say that.

These are my last words

EDIT: acatually not

okay i accept, especially now that i heard gp can still play for asia if he wants to. Let's just get this discussion over with.

last thing i'll say about this sitation in this thread, but manu that's incredibly easy to say for a member of a team who doesn't have any of those african players

tl;dr: Iconic fucked up
:evan: World Cup means playing for your country so it's just logical that France don't have a player from Team Africa because they play for Africa

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Until there is a preliminary round where all teams battle to get into Round 1 its unfair to punish players from Teams like Africa and Italy who had to battle before the tournament even started. From my understanding they were the only two teams vying to be accepted into the tournament while the others were simply included; that doesn't really ring fair to me.

Also Im gunna point to Stones post too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)