The World Cup of Pokemon III - Round 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome, Asia wins "best team". So maybe me coming back to learn DP was worth it in a sense =)

Also double awesome because everyone rooted against us, and triple awesome because we won with our weakest lineup yet!

go team!!

!

*adds third notch to his WC belt when no one is looking*

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Junior, two, the first WC doesn't really count cause Jackal did it without and it was pretty crappy in comparison ;) ;)

I thought this was fourth overall but third on Smogon. Also yeah!! asia won again and like vil said one of the weaker lineups we sent out lol

I agree with aldaron we should've used a different format such as swiss team style then asia can go around beating all the teams!

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
guys im sorry but something came up today and i wasnt home at all

tomorrow =S

maybe it's just me, but as fin as this tourney was i felt the start of it was much better than the ending. asia's running aways with it and it loses the excitement that comes with the competition. may i suggest we change the structure next year to something like this? :

round 1: round robin (like this year). a few teams qualify. playoff system for the teams that missed out so we got around 2/3 of the original teams in the tourney.

rounds 2-final: single elimination by teams. so for example if we have asia vs oceania, both teams will rank their players internally and then we'll have matches such as:

1. BK vs goof
2. earthworm vs VIL

etc. and the team with more wins advances. rinse and repeat all the way to the finals.

hope i wasn't speaking out of line or anything, just a friendly suggestion :) .

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I feel I owe an apology for not being there when my team member MoP PMed me to get in the game. It seemed unlikely after the first rejection that I would be subbed in (which was understandable, because I had no access to shoddy and was not well-versed in the DP metagame as I liked), and I felt I had no time for games when I was middle in my spring term. However, I signed up for this tournament, and I should have at least kept myself updated with results and rooted you guys via posts. I apologize if I had let down my team when they needed me, and thanks for considering me.

And yea, congrats for the team win!

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Looking forward to this. Although we (UK) can't win, we can finish 2nd relatively easy so long as I can keep up my form in this tournament. And I wouldn't mind winning this for myself - always looking for glory!

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
hey, its all cool pocket :) we would've played you before but we thought most opponents wouldn't agree to playing on the bots!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)