The World Cup of Pokemon IV - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Here is the list of battles still to be completed:

Silvah vs Flashstorm1

Metang with vs .Baris.

Aeroblacktyl vs Mizuno
Aeroblacktyl vs Speeder Mateur
Mizuno vs Speeder Mateur

Maniaclyrasist vs Rurushu

Gotensan vs Rag
Gotensan vs |DarkSector|

Ripchord vs pi face
Plus vs pi face

Cremo vs Ancien Régime

Aeolus vs Andeby

Jlei2k vs Kinneas

Sebastian vs Dormin

Veteran In Love vs T-ROX
Veteran In Love vs zerowing
zerowing vs T-ROX

kd24 vs Vashta

I would suggest captains to make subs for any inactive players ASAP.

Also, do note, we will NOT be giving away free wins unless we see extreme circumstances where one person simply did not try to get their game done. So, try to get these done ASAP. Not playing will earn you the same points as going in and losing, go and play so you atleast have a chance to get some points for your team.

Captains, if you see a sub of yours online along with an opponent of one of your players, I'm also fine with you making a last minute substitute in order to get a battle done. Obviously this depends on how much faith you have in your sub and stuff, but still!

Also, some Asia news, Light-Kun will have a spot on the playing 8 for next round. If goofball shows up, he'll get a spot which will otherwise go to Magmortified.

Also, if we don't receive a PM from you about why your battle wasn't done, it'll put you in a position where we may decide to give your opponent the win. You do NOT want to force us to do that. Make sure to send PM's to both Jackal and myself.

vashta may have just left for vacation but this is my fault for us not completing it today, shoddy went down today on me and i couldnt get back on and then my comp shut down too. unfortunately i think i have arrived too late. sorry, my comp is ass :(

will update if anything changes

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I managed to beat Phetto just barely. I'm pretty sure if I had rolled less random damage, I would have lost at the end there. Of course, I also missed him with my attack.

Hey we're 2nd at the moment. Not too shabby. Great job guys! Here's to many more wins. Looks like all we can do is wait now.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
18 battles left guys, that means you have completed 150 battles in just over 3 weeks, very impressive.

I want to see these last ones done though :D

EDIT: also EWs spreadsheet is up to date and even with such few battles remaining, it appears that the only team officially eliminated is USA East.

Any other team could still qualify, you just have to actually get the battles done.

Here's looking at france and latin america especially who with a few key wins could vault themselves into round two!

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Aeolus told me in a PM that he wanted to battle somewhere between 1:00pm-9:00pm Eastern time, today (Sunday). He also said that he wanted me to send him a reply containing my availability.

Well, I told him in my reply that I'm open to play anytime between 5:00pm and 9:00pm Eastern, but I don't think that he has seen my PM considering that he's last activity is, currently, July 3rd, 2009 10:37:46 PM (I sendt him the PM July 4rd).

So I guess that Aeolus won't show up today, in other words: I'll go to bed now considering that it's night over here, in Norway right now.

I'm sure Aeolus has a good excuse though. Besides... I was the one not showing any will to send a reply to him in the first place (i.e forgot to), so giving the win to him would probably be the best option, if you want to be really fucking serious on the deadline that is.

So yeah, I hope you will bless us some more time, I'm certain that we will be able to get our battle done.
I did show up at the tail end of that time... but you were gone from shoddy. I saw you on the forums and sent you another PM... but I guess it didn't reach you in time.

Hey Earthworm would it be possible if there are any teams that are guaranteed top 8, you could tell us?Obviously it seems US Central(congratulations for this) has made that category and I'm more than sure UK has but it'd be nice to get a breakdown of this.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I still haven't seen pi face on shoddy, nor has he responded to my PMs. I'll shoot him another one.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
EW posted that on the last page, or maybe the one before I dunno..

I am not gonna look for it, but its there..

Have a nice day.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey Earthworm would it be possible if there are any teams that are guaranteed top 8, you could tell us?Obviously it seems US Central(congratulations for this) has made that category and I'm more than sure UK has but it'd be nice to get a breakdown of this.
Excuse me but I think you're forgetting at least one team (which may or may not have the best record)!

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Shut Up TAY, why don't you and the Beach Boys go back to morning the death of Tupac.

Calling you out Malibu Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)