This Salamence slaughters everything

+Special Attack, - Special Defense. As hip said, with intimdate, you'd want mence to be taking random physical attacks like megahorns/flare blitz/close combats.

I think opting for lower speed is a workable decision -- it just means Salamence will be worse at sweeping, and will lose the ability to counter Heracross, but it gets a little better at beating Blissey/Salamence.

Here's some calculations for 252Atk/252SAtk Hipmencelee -- ("Total Damage" doesn't factor in Leftovers, but to do so, subtract 6.25%)

Blissey
Draco Meteor: 31.65% - 37.25%
Dragon Rush/Brick Break: 55.88% - 65.69%
Total Damage: 87.53% - 102.97%

Max SDef Cresselia
Draco Meteor: 39.64% - 46.85%
Dragon Rush: 42.57% - 50.23%
Crunch: 50.00% - 59.01%
DM + DRush: 82.21% - 97.08%
DM + Crunch: 89.64% - 105.86%

Max Def Cresselia
Draco Meteor: 52.70% - 61.94%
Dragon Rush: 31.76% - 37.39%
Crunch: 37.39% - 43.92%
DM + DRush: 84.46 - 99.33%
DM + Crunch: 90.09% - 105.86%

Stealth Rock!

aamto

on whom the three Fates smile
I think opting for lower speed is a workable decision -- it just means Salamence will be worse at sweeping, and will lose the ability to counter Heracross
To be fair, most 269 Heras typically run Choice Scarf. I like to think most CBers (should) run Jolly to outspeed the huge group of pokes that sit on 270 to kill you.

I also think Dragonite can do a similar job, except he has access to Focus Punch which makes killing Blissey that much easier.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Everybody in this topic that is bashing this mence set either:

1) Hasn't used it yet
2) Hasn't faced it yet

I lead with a variant of that mence, and have yet to have a battle where it doesn't KO at LEAST one of my opponents pokemon. Roost is an amazing and underrated move on Salamence. Honestly, I'll be surprised if I ever make a D/P team without this mence on it.

Great job, toy.

edit: my bad, I assumed that the topic creator was also the creator of this set.

lol this is the salamence set i put together a long time ago.

kids on spp called it toymence =/

Heh, Ive faced Salamences like this before. It can be destructive alright, if you let it.

Reason why I almways include a way to detroy Salamence in my team I guess, not Blissey/Cresselia though, too predictable.

Sorry to revive this old thread but with baton passed power meaning speed this can destroy most teams with ease. Just tried against many and saved me.

Am I weird? When I see Salamence I swap to my Cresselia (bold, 252 hp, 252 spdef) anticipating a Draco Meteor, but confident in my ability to take Dragon Claw if it is physical. After that I typically switch to my Hippowdon anticipating a switch to Hera or something, confident that he could Slack Off the damage taken from a second, and possibly third, DM (ran some damage calcs; would be left with 8 hp after leftovers recovery even if it rolled max damage twice, and this is Specsmence figures here).

Seeing Life Orb damage would just cement this for me further, so I'd have no problem with this set. Sure this is a dangerous Pokemon 1v1, but 1v1 Weavile kills it without any effort. Pokemon is a game of 6 aside. As a late game threat I'd be more scared of CMcune, the poke with no weak except maybe 5 moves (physical grass and electric, dontcha know).

that set is awesome, imo even more dangerous than chain chomp, almost nothing counters this, before i used this set, i was using specsmence, i was having problems, but after i started using this set, i was literally mopping up the floor against dpbotters

i dub this set AeroMence in the honor of Aero who made this great set

that set is awesome, imo even more dangerous than chain chomp, almost nothing counters this, before i used this set, i was using specsmence, i was having problems, but after i started using this set, i was literally mopping up the floor against dpbotters

i dub this set AeroMence in the honor of Aero who made this great set

Aero didn't make the set. This Salamence set was being used for quite some time before this thread was even started.

Draco Meteor on 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef Bold Umbreon: 59.14% - 69.54%
Fire Blast on the same Umbreon: 33.76% - 39.85%
Brick Break on the same Umbreon: 35.03% - 41.12%
Crunch on the same Umbreon: lol

Wish/Protect/Charm/Yawn, in that order. Umbreon >> Salamence. ;)

And yes, I do use this Umbreon.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
um you will be 2HKOed on average since DM does 64% on average and BB does 38% on average. not to be mean but that is seriously a terrible counter to this salamence, honestly you can't switch into any attack but crunch without risking a 2HKO so saying "Umbreon >> Salamence" is kind of silly when you're also posting the numbers that indicate it will often be 2HKOed (unless you forgot that a counter has to indeed switch in)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)