Tier Shift Metagame (THIS IS BW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the best solution is that Megas retain the respective base stat increase of their normal forms in Tier Shift. This would avoid any issue with the HP stat changing in-battle.
ex. Abomasnow is RU so its stats go from regular (90/92/75/92/85/60) to Tier-shifted (100/102/85/102/95/70). Mega-Abomasnow has the same stat boosts as regular Abomasnow, so its Mega-evolved stats go from regular (90/132/105/132/105/30) to Tier-shifted (100/142/115/142/115/40). Thus, when Mega-evolving in Tier Shift, Abomasnow goes from (100/102/85/102/95/70) to (100/142/115/142/115/40).

It is official. BL2 and Limbo A UU Pokemon are classed as RU.

But, by your logic Ninja Stars, only NFEs and LCs are NU? That's just not right.
It is on the main server, but it is still in beta mode. The earliest this could be implemented would be next month when we get usage stats for RU, but it will probably be when RU is officially official in 2/3 months or so. (The latter part's not directed at you MG)

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
I think the best solution is that Megas retain the respective base stat increase of their normal forms in Tier Shift. This would avoid any issue with the HP stat changing in-battle.
ex. Abomasnow is RU so its stats go from regular (90/92/75/92/85/60) to Tier-shifted (100/102/85/102/95/70). Mega-Abomasnow has the same stat boosts as regular Abomasnow, so its Mega-evolved stats go from regular (90/132/105/132/105/30) to Tier-shifted (100/142/115/142/115/40). Thus, when Mega-evolving in Tier Shift, Abomasnow goes from (100/102/85/102/95/70) to (100/142/115/142/115/40).
I'd go with this idea IMO. It seems the best solution to the problem, and it's logical given that the purpose of Megas is to grant them a +100 boost, the actual tiering of the megas seems irrelevant, especially when it's the stones that are banned for each tier and not the mega in particular.

T 1399607400 20<eriados>30 do I have the go ahead for tier shift yet?
T 1399607406 18<Arcticblast> hello user eriados
T 1399607411 18<Arcticblast> I'd say wait a bit

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The best course of action here is to wait until tiers stabilize. This probably means that we should wait until XY RU and XY NU leave their beta stages and go official. Tier Shift has a lot of potential to be a very volatile metagame when you have things like Venomoth, Sceptile, Sigilyph, Klinklang, etc. all getting +15 to all of their stats. Now it might be that some of these Pokemon remain in NU and become really big threats in the Tier Shift metagame, but with all of them and more getting such tremendous boosts to their stats, it's probably best that we wait for now, even though I'm sure many of us are really eager to play the metagame.

Also apparently Arcticblast already said wait a bit, but here's some reasoning behind that decision anyways because I already typed all of this up.

I'll do it if they don't. Despite not having anything to do with tier shift. Or anything. Cause I'm cool and stuff...

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It's between those two or a mod will do it. No exceptions.

meh I can probably just lock this thread now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)