Serious To Let Them Go, Or To Chase After Them

In my time in life there's been a few occasions in which girls I've dated/had an emotional connection with have either lost interest, or somehow been deterred, and decided to break off whatever we had going. I've always let them go, and let them carry on with their lives, as opposed to trying to go after them. I feel as though it is right to let them do what they feel is right, and move on with their life without me as their significant other, no matter what feelings I may have.

I've been told by multiple people, and seen people say that if someone were to do this then it meant that they were not in love/feeling weren't strong, and I feel as though that couldn't be more wrong. I think it just shows that some people behave differently.

What do you guys think?
Would you go after the person, or let them go?
Also, if someone were to let them go would that mean that they did not have strong feeling for that person?

Let them go, for a couple of reasons. One, because assuming they have lost interest and have broken up with you because of it, they sure as fuck aren't even going to WANT you harassing them and trying to win them back. That ship has sailed. And two, fuck having your love/commitment tested by other people. Assuming it's some sort of thing where the person breaks up with you because they want you to fight to win them back, that sort of shit is a huge sign of emotional immaturity and the person doing it probably isn't mature enough for an adult relationship. If they're insecure about how you feel about them, communication is the way to go, not bullshit tests.

I think the people who tell you that shit think life is like a shitty romantic comedy and that most people who break up with you just have to be whined into falling back in love with you or whatever. It's not a sign that you don't love the other person if you allow them to leave without harassing them over it, it's a sign that you're capable of respecting other people's decisions no matter how you feel about them.

Let them go, for a couple of reasons. One, because assuming they have lost interest and have broken up with you because of it, they sure as fuck aren't even going to WANT you harassing them and trying to win them back. That ship has sailed. And two, fuck having your love/commitment tested by other people. Assuming it's some sort of thing where the person breaks up with you because they want you to fight to win them back, that sort of shit is a huge sign of emotional immaturity and the person doing it probably isn't mature enough for an adult relationship. If they're insecure about how you feel about them, communication is the way to go, not bullshit tests.

I think the people who tell you that shit think life is like a shitty romantic comedy and that most people who break up with you just have to be whined into falling back in love with you or whatever. It's not a sign that you don't love the other person if you allow them to leave without harassing them over it, it's a sign that you're capable of respecting other people's decisions no matter how you feel about them.
Very well put

I agree, first of all: They may have lost interest and therefore you pursuing them could cause a whole lotta nonsense you don't want to be involved with. And if they want you to chase them? Then they're blatantly attention seeking and emotionally manipulating you....and you don't need that going in your life.

Life is full of relationships, like shoes: You've got to try them on before you find the right fit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)