%Top Percentage%

Maleovex

Lt. Col. of The Kyergrzstan Killer Beez
Approved by Eevee General
Credit to Sobi
Top Percentage
This... Is... POKEMON!!!
Welcome to this metagame! This meta is OU based, and quite similar to OU in almost every way, except how you WIN! The twist this metagame adds is that, to win, you do not faint all 6 Pokemon on the other side, but rather deal 400% damage to the opposing team. So, for example, let's say a Life Orb Emboar uses Flate Blitz on a Landorus Therian, and does 70%, the team with Ladorus Therian now has 330% of its total health left. And let's now say that he takes 20% recoil, the Emboar team then has 380% but then he takes Life Orb recoil, meaning they are at 330%. If anything needs to be clarified, just ask!
POLEMON STILL FAINT IF KO'ED
Standard OU Banlist and Clauses currently apply
FAQ
What if I don't bring 6 Pokemon? You still lose if your whole team faints.

How does focus sash work? It deals 99% damage.

How does healing work? It does not reduce the counter, but it can still be worth it as keeping mons alive is still very helpful
THREATLIST:
To be added soon

Currently looking to be coded and hosted

Last edited:

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
you know, 350 cup was kinda cute with the whole "naming based on numbers" shtick, but now i think its a bit overdone and actually kinda irritating because it forces me to assume they are all the same concept when they are not rant rant rant rant rant.

about your metagame...healing is...actually useless. don't do it. its honestly not worth it. think about it like this:
252 SpA Choice Specs Chandelure Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 96 SpD Assault Vest Slowking: 82-97 (20.8 - 24.6%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
see that fire blast damage?...well...recovering on it would be useless. 25% is roughly the benchmark where "if your pokemon gets hurt beyond that point, recovering has no use" because then your losing more "hp" then your gaining, and your just giving your opponent chip damage on you. 25 is the "benchmark" and im showing you a resisted hit scraping that benchmark. its better to just run 6 fast pokemon who can at least stomache a hit or 2. or something like dragonite with priority AND multiscale, i can see dnite being a S ranked threat even.

honestly, i disliked the idea of this meta at first not going to lie...but now its kinda growing on me. stuff like dragonite, the percentage and even hazards will make this interesting.

Maleovex

Hazards are going to be CRAZY, with every switch causing damage, which while usually can be healed off, e.g Voclarona switching in on rocks, and then roosting it off, but in this, even after roosting, that's 1/12th of your total gone without your opponent even attacking, tbh I'm thinking of suspecting it

Maleovex

Only really an affect in healing, and also can make you okay a bit more conservatively, trying to preserve your teams %

Knuckstrike

Hi I'm FIREEEE
is a Tiering Contributor
If you bring a team without recovery moves/leftovers it's literally the same as regular OU. It's only different whenever a mon uses recovery.
Bringing offensive-ish teams that do well in regular ou and stripping mons of their leftovers for alternative items seems like a good idea.
I would perhaps, to add a difference, change it from 600% to like 400% so that it's actually different from regular OU minus leftovers.

Toxic seems really annoying in this meta or will o, considering that damage increases by 6% each time (for toxic)

Toxic and other status moves are probably going to be very common in this metagame, and I'm assuming Choice Band/Life Orb and other similar items are going to be used quite a lot. It's an interesting metagame though o:
I doubt LO will be that good as it wears down the user making them 10% closer to losing but choice items probably will be.

So anyone have any thoughts on Trick Room? in this meta?

How does this meta handle KO's that aren't caused by damage? Moves like Perish Song, Destiny Bond, Explosion, Healing Wish, and Memento all cause pokemon to faint without actually dealing hit point damage. Does that count against your team hit point total when pokemon faint in this way?

Maleovex

How does this meta handle KO's that aren't caused by damage? Moves like Perish Song, Destiny Bond, Explosion, Healing Wish, and Memento all cause pokemon to faint without actually dealing hit point damage. Does that count against your team hit point total when pokemon faint in this way?
I t can be coded, yes if not then if it doesn't it doesn't matter as if all 6 mons faint you still lose.

Although regarding that, I've had many people say it's too similar to normal OU, due to this, I'm going to start a poll with options on how To diversify the metagame. Now to work out how to make a poll....

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
FYI I have some code
Unfortunately, I am on my phone and don't have code with me :( I didn't post it because I was waiting for the consensus on Perish Song and stuff. Currently, Explosion and Selfdestruct, while not dealing damage, affect the 600 total. It's up to you though, I can make perish song and the like work pretty well

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
The biggest change from current OU imo is is that stall is more or less unviable (recovery moves do nothing). So Manectric and Lopunny are two of the best megas.

Typing matters a lot here. So a well-balanced team with resistances to the majority of attacking types would be the ideal way to go. And so, status, which circumvents the typing advantages, will also play a major role.

I think the idea of reducing to 300% could be interesting. Imagine it's like Battle Spot (bring 6 use 3) except that you have the freedom to switch to all 6 whenever you want to.

Maleovex

The people have spoken! I am reducing the % to 400. Also any new names would be nice if you messaged me on my wall

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
My naming sense isn't very good, so this suggestion may be abysmal, but maybe something like 'Whittlemons'? The logic being that the aim of the meta is to whittle at the opposing team as opposed to outright eliminating them.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
What happens with Sacrificial moves like Healing Wish and Memento? Do these strip from the counter? Another question is how do we keep track of the percentage, would a message appear in chat.

Mega Lopunny also seems really dangerous in this meta alongside spikes as literally any pokemon who touches it will make there team have 25% less HP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)