Tortferngatr vs. Dogfish44: The Theater of Daring Exploits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about it, I agree with Dogfish44. Deadfox was a pretty good ref here. I definitely liked this match.

Let's switch to more resilient formes.

Exit Lawn Mower, Discharge+Discharge!

Fridge
Abilities: Levitate
Item: Pecha Berry
HP: 55
EN: 63
SPEED: 86
STAT: N/A
OTHER: N/A

VS.

Trouser Snakes (M)
Abilities: Swarm
Item: Rawst Berry
HP: 64
EN: 70
SPEED: 75
STAT: +1 CHS (5a)
OTHER: No stinger tips! (3a)

"The final stages of the show are finally upon us, as Fridge floats its way back on stage and quickly notices how its current form is somewhat of a disadvantage. With this in mind it quickly allows the mower to fall to the ground and all we are left with is the floating baubel of electricity that is Rotom's true form. Unfortunately for Trouser Snakes this form makes his blunted stinger attacks even less effective. Strangely the second stanza sees the Bee able to attack first, which is more worrying to him than it is helpful. Once again the hit doesn't do a lot and we seen find out what Fridge was preparing as he unleashes every bit of stored electricity in that little body as bright yellow sparks fly out in all directions. Unfortunately the Super Discharge doesn't paralyze like it wanted, but more than half the stage lights do blow up in the process. Trouser Snakes is once again able to lay in with X-Scissors while Fridge has to rest. Unfortunately for Snakes none of his blows were able to make use of the still stored energy within, but at least his stingers have grown back to full strength now."

First Stanza
Fridge: Fridge got out of the lawnmower! [8 EN]
Trouser Snakes: X-Scissor > (6 + 3 + (4-3)*1.5)*0.67*0.67 = 4.7 = 5 [5 DMG] [5 EN]

Second Stanza
Trouser Snakes: Poison Jab > (6 + 3 + (4-3)*1.5)*0.67*0.67 = 4.7 = 5 [5 DMG] [5 EN]
Fridge: Super Discharge > (8*2.25 + 3 + (4-3)*1.5)*0.67 = 15 [15 DMG] [28 EN]

Third Stanza
Fridge: Fridge needs to cool down
Trouser Snakes: X-Scissor > (6 + 3 + (4-3)*1.5)*0.67*0.67 = 4.7 = 5 [5 DMG] [5 EN]

Fridge
HP: 40
EN: 27
SPEED: 91

VS.

Trouser Snakes (M)
Abilities: Swarm
HP: 49
EN: 55
STAT: +1 CHS (2a)

Tort issues actions
Dogfish issues actions
Referee

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
I think this might be useful:

21:32:37 PM ~ <&Kaxtar> Deadfox gets a total of 10 RC for this match
21:32:49 PM ~ <&Kaxtar> long ass battle

I love having a bit of sway.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
OK then...

Begin with an X-Scissor, then let's abuse your sniper ability! Combo Focus Energy + Twineedle - Twineedle is a multi hit attack, so Focus Energy guarentees a crit on each shot :-)

Fridge
HP: 40
EN: 27

VS.

Trouser Snakes (M)
Abilities: Swarm, Sniper
HP: 49
EN: 55
STAT: +1 CHS (2a)

"The crowd is getting restless, the battlers are getting weary, the troupe leaders are getting more and more worked up.. we must be almost at the end of this thing. With this in mind Tort orders much the same as he has for the whole show, a little to the chagrin of some audience members who have picked up on this fact. However the majority aren't analysing the show piece by piece, merely thoughtless masses with their ooh's and ahh's. That is the very sound they make in fact as Fridge launches a slow yet deliberate purple Ball of Shadow at Trouser Snakes for some reliable damage. Finding full use of his stingers once more the Beedrill fires back with another X-Scissor, but its still neutered by Fridges resistances in this current form."

"The middle of the act sees a slight change in tact as Fridge once again Discharges his newly built up electrical energy. This non super version in fact proved to be more effective, as Trouser Snakes is left paralysed and now clearly on the ropes. Nevertheless he is able to avoid immediate negative effects and Focus all his Energy once again, this time into the now razor pointed claws and lunge into a double strike, The twin needles are able to channel the focussed energy into each delivering a critical strike, helped along massively by the bug's newly unlocked Sniper ability. Unfortunately he still can't get past that pesky bug resistance but breaking through the Theatre's aura temporarily made a big difference."

"Like most acts in this play, the third stanza is a lot less exciting. Fridge simple fires off another Shadow Ball to mild damage while the still partially paralysed Bee is too worn out from the combination to attempt anything anyway. It seems these two are on virtual level pegging, and the worn yet satisfied crowd are salivating for the conclusion."

First Stanza
Fridge: Shadow Ball > (8 + 3 + (4-3)*1.5)*0.67 = 8.375 = 8 [8 DMG] [5 EN]
Trouser Snakes: X-Scissor > (8 + 3 + (4-3)*1.5)*0.67*0.67 = 5.6 = 6 [6 DMG] [9 EN]

Second Stanza
Fridge: Discharge > (8 + 3 + (4-3)*1.5)*0.67 = 8.375 = 8 > Trouser Snakes was paralyzed (20%)! [8 DMG] [5 EN]
Trouser Snakes: Focused Twineedle > (3*2 + 3 + 3 + 3 + (4-3)*1.5)*0.67 = 11 [11 DMG] [9 EN]

Third Stanza
Fridge: Shadow Ball > (8 + 3 + (4-3)*1.5)*0.67 = 8.375 = 8 [8 DMG] [5 EN]
Trouser Snakes: Trouser Snakes needs to cool down!

Fridge
HP: 23
EN: 12

VS.

Trouser Snakes (M)
HP: 25
EN: 37
SPEED: 75 (19)
OTHER: Paralyzed (15%)

Dogfish issues actions
Tort issues actions
Referee

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
OK Trouser, keep at it!

Poison Jab! Poison Sting! Poision Jab!

Also, grr. I hit exactly 33% HP Action 2... which doesn't QUITE activate Swarm :-(

Hmm.

Let's end this with a bang.

"Hex, move to Beedrill's position, then release a Discharge at critically close range-every INCH of Beedrill should feel it!"

Fridge
HP: 23
EN: 12

VS.

Trouser Snakes (M)
HP: 25
EN: 37

"Almost there folks, I promise... Fridge kicks us off by focussing on the ailments Snakes is under, and Hexing him for decent damage (at least for this arena). The Bee responds the same way he always has, by Jabbing away with its Poisonous stingers."

"The middle of the act sees what one might call a major miscalculation for Fridge and Tort, as the ghostly orb does nothing except move right up close to Trouser Snakes. Dogfish doesn't much care about this, and his trusty bee simply reponds with a somewhat weaker Sting than the previous."

"Fridge now busts into what I'm sure seemed a good idea at the time, and once again Discharges all its static electricity build up onto Trouser Snakes. I'm not sure how it thought the proximity would increase damage but I guess it did ensure that the Beedrill had its paralysis refreshed. Snakes responds as always with a Poison Jab. Despite the high chance of it from all of its attacks not one managed to inject Poison into Fridge, but it would have been pointless given the berry it still holds anyway."

"Looks like one way or another act 20 will be our last here. Fair warning, if the match ends in a draw the restless crowd may just lynch us all."

First Stanza
Fridge: Hex > (10 + 3 + (4-3)*1.5)*0.67 = 9.715 = 10 [10 DMG] [6 EN]
Trouser Snakes: Poison Jab > (8 + 3 + (4-3)*1.5)*0.67*0.67 = 5.6 = 6 [6 DMG] [5 EN]

Second Stanza
Fridge: Fridge moved towards Trouser Snakes
Trouser Snakes: Poison Sting > (4 + 3 + (4-3)*1.5)*0.67*0.67 = 3.82 = 4 [4 DMG] [2 EN]

Third Stanza
Fridge: Discharge > (8 + 3 + (4-3)*1.5)*0.67 = 8.375 = 8 > Trouser Snakes was paralyzed (20%)! [8 DMG] [5 EN]
Trouser Snakes: Poison Jab > (8 + 3 + (4-3)*1.5)*0.67*0.67 = 5.6 = 6 [6 DMG] [5 EN]

Fridge
HP: 7
EN: 1

VS.

Trouser Snakes (M)
EN: 25

Tort issues actions
Dogfish issues actions
Referee

"Discharge." (yes, I can do that before getting energy KO'd.)

(my reasoning behind Discharge was that I could get a greater amount of the Discharge into Beedrill-it's depicted in-game as a shockwave, I reasoned a critical hit would be more likely at a close range.)

I really didn't want to do this...

Fridge
EN: 1

VS.

Trouser Snakes (M)

"There's just no way around this. Fridge has to act first to avoid losing but with his energy standing where it is he can't act without losing... We all know what that means, Fridge takes himself and Trouser Snakes out with one more Discharge and this one is a draw..."

"Quick lets all get out of here before the audience realise what has happened and kill us all.."

First Stanza
Fridge: Discharge > (8 + 3 + (4-3)*1.5)*0.67 = 8.375 = 8 [8 DMG] [9 EN]
Trouser Snakes was knocked out!
Fridge fainted from exhaustion!

The audience cries!

Fridge
EN: -8

VS.

Trouser Snakes (M)
HP: -1
OTHER: Paralyzed (10%)

The match is a draw!

Prizes

deadfox081
10 RC

Tortferngatr
Frostbite: 3 MC, 1 KO
Force: 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC, 1 KO
Fridge: 3 MC, 1 KO

Dogfish44
Trouser Snaked: 2 MC, 1 DC, 2 KO
Rawk: 3 MC, 1 KO
Timothy: 2 Mc, 1 DC

This was certainly an interesting match to ref guys, trying to my patience at times for sure. I guess a draw is a somewhat fitting conclusion given how close it was, if very anticlimatic..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)