Toxicroak (QC Approved 2/2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
How is Nasty Plot OC material? Unlike SD, it has reliable priority and its almost as effective as the SD set. Heck, both sets can beat down their respective counters! It should definitely get a proper write-up, probably even as the 2nd or 3rd set.

Nasty Plot is actually MORE effective. The metagame is weaker to special attacks, and every special wall is weak to Fighting Attacks or Dark Pulse... The Swords Dance set can't break physical walls like Skarm / Hippo, who shiver to the Nasty Plot set. Ohh, for shits and giggles, bold Blissey takes over 80% from +2 Life Orb Focus Blast.. go figure.

Lamppost

I put the milk in first
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nasty Plot is actually MORE effective. The metagame is weaker to special attacks, and every special wall is weak to Fighting Attacks or Dark Pulse... The Swords Dance set can't break physical walls like Skarm / Hippo, who shiver to the Nasty Plot set. Ohh, for shits and giggles, bold Blissey takes over 80% from +2 Life Orb Focus Blast.. go figure.
I wouldn't go as far and say that it's more effective than the SD set this generation since i have tested both. But i guess i will add it in as the second set since you guys want it.

I agree with the people who support Nasty plot and I also think Life Orb should be a slash on every set except the bulky one since rain pretty much negates life orb recoil.

Edit: Its also worth noting that Toxicroak with max speed and Adamant outspeeds most Gliscor these days since they're all running impish plus defense evs and hp evs to counter the harder hitters of the new generation.

ok wait... how is toxicroak bulky?
Using the bulk up set, I was able to set up on a skarm that started spamming Brave Bird. That's physically bulky enough for me. The only problem I have with the bulk up set listed is that it's not fast enough to outspeed Adamant 252 speed breloom. I found out during a match when one switched into my Toxicroak and I was all cocksure that I'd taunt his spore, and the next thing I knew, all of my pokemon were getting focus punched to death. I put 136 speed on my adamant toxicroak to outspeed breloom, but it won't be outrunning any jolly versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)