Trick trap trick room (an OU TR, Pyro style)

Hello, and welcome to my second team, and my first RMT! So far I've had huge success with this team, been ripping up wifi club room sop far, 143 wins and only 17 losses! the A few things to keep in mind.....

1)I want this team to be ultra competitive

2)Feel free to recommend any set you want, no matter how gimmicky.

3)Bear in mind I have to keep a ratio or 1 to 1 Tr's and sweepers.

Having said that, lets begin!

Current TEAM (TTTR v5.0)

IMPORTANT CHANGES

V2
- Slashed Ttar and shuckle for a 3rd trick roomer (banette) and octillary for more coverage and some more special move power.

V3- slashed expert belt octillary for life orb Chandelure. More power, more bulk, almost the same move pool, and provides better coverage with conkldurrp.

V4- Slashed Banette for Gallade. Better defense's, much better sweeping power, and even more surprise factor than banette in destiny bond.

V4.1- Updated my move pool a bit. Slashed HP ice on Rueniclus for shadow ball after I got walled by an opposing one. HP ice has been given to Chandelure instead of pain split, and Conkledurr now has drain punch instead of payback, and I traded in his toxic orb for flame orb.

V5.0- Changed Rampharados's set for more survivability. Tossed Gallade for a defensive Porygon2. Fighting/physic coverage was borderline OD already, and now I have a tank to set up multiple TR's.

Now then, on to specifics.
This team is built on 2 principles

1) Surprise. No one ever see's half the tricks these guys have up their sleeves. Being new to the competitive meta game, I'm extremely stupid and retarded. But I'm still able to get away with so much shit because no one expects a NU poke to 1 shot a terrakion or a bronzong to take a full on flair blitz and explode the next turn.

2)Sweepers. I have 2-3 turns to sweep after a TR. That means whatever I pick has to 1-2 hko every poke they come across. Meaning after the TR is over, my pokes are generally dead/crippled due to recoil damage. This actually is in my favor, as I can set up fast for the next TR sweep.

3)Cycles. I like to have a suicide TR poke, set up for the 2-3 turn sweep, and die for the next TR suicide to come in.

MY PARTY

Bronzong@ Normal gem
Trait-Heat proof
EVs- 252 HP, 252 Attk
brave nature
- Trick room
- Gyro Ball
-Explosion
-Stealth rock

Fucking love this guy. No one, but no one see's heat proof coming. Since He's not going to switching in later on anyway, no need to worry about earthquake attacks. Its incredibly fun to watch my foe's puff blue in the face with fire blasts and flame throwers while I set up stealth rocks, and then TR. Stealth rocks first of course, don't want to waste a turn of TR. If I'm up against a semi frail sweeper (espeon, terrakion), I gyro ball. 1 shot's most of the time. When I come up against a wall or staller or fire sweeper, I explode for a final kill with normal gem. I've been called a hacker for this set, as I've never been killed by a fire blast unless I wanted too to set up SR and take the hit. Ferrothorn gives me headaches, but with chandelure I'm hoping to fix that.

Rampardos@Choice Band
Trait-Mold Breaker
EV's- 252 HP, 252 Attk
Brave nature
-Head smash
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake
-Outrage

My own personal undiscovered gem. Highest attack base in the entire freakin OU metagame, even higher than most ubers. Nuetral Head smash off of a life orb1HKO's everything after a stealth rock, and I mean EVERYTHING. defensive gliscisor, skarmory, Ttar, fucking EVERYTHING. His one downfall is his recoil. With headsmash, he can only sweep 2-3 pokes, and that's only if I use another move to kill someone. This has been alleviated with a choiceband now. Even a resisted Headsmash OHKO's most pokes, and I neutral one OHK's even Skarmory.

Porygon2@Eviolite
Ev's- 252 SA / 125 SD / 128 D
Trait-download
Quite nature
-Ice Beam
-Thunder Bolt
-Trick Room
-Recover

My answer to taunters and wallers in general. Bolt beam combo allows me nail 9 out of 10 suicide taunt leads with super effective 1-2 OHKO's before they can land a Stealth rock, and the remaining 1 out of 10 with a decent 3-4 HKO. He's also my back up TR poke, able to set up 2-3 TR's in case things get rough. His 1 problem is status users. I'm thinking of changing his move set to complete support with max HP and Magic coat to reflect all the nasty things walls like to throw around.

Conkledurr@ Burn Orb
EV's- 252 HP, 252 attk
Trait-Guts
Brave nature
-Hammer arm
-Mach Punch
-Drain punch
-Stone edge

I like to call him conkledurrp. His attack is as high as Rampy after txoic takes hold, and Hammer arm keeps me going first. Mach punch is for after TR, as he sruvives it most of the time. Stone edge is for enemy chandelure expecting payback, as stone edge is an 1hko to birds and chandelure, as opposed to 2 on on payback. Thinking of running a fling iron ball set instead. I know toxic orb is frowned upon, but I need to set up immediately, I can't afford to wait for circumstance when I only have 2 turns to sweep. Guts toxic orb provides a bigger boost than life orb, with less self inflicted damage over 3 turns. Slashed pay back for drain punch. I know 3 fighting type moves is bad, but because of TR payback will never out damage Stone edge anyway, and Drain punch allows me some recovery to kill 1 extra poke outside of TR. Hammer arm for 1KO's all round in TR, and drain punch once I'm lwo on hp, and round off with mach punch.

Reuniclus@ Life Orb
EV's 172 HP / 32 Def / 252 SpA / 52 SpD
Quite Nature
-Trick Room
- Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden power Fighting

Late game sweeper. After seeing my previous 2 Suicide TR pokes, everyone expects me to switch out or pull another rabbit out of my hat. Instead I proceed to sweep on my own. Ev's ensure can take at least 1 hit from anything. boosted latios Draco meteor, shadow ball gengar, ANYTHING. I then setup TR, and what I can knock down before I drop. Psychic 1 shots landy and terra after a stealth rock, and HP fighting is a 2 HKO on everything weak to it. Slapped on Shadow ball after an enemy Reuniclus walled me. I tried Focus Blast, but I've lost so many battles due to accuracy hax its ridiculous.

Chandelure@Life Orb
Ev's- 252 Hp, 252 SA
Quite nature
-Fire Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden power Ice
-Energy Ball

My FerroThorn, Jellicent, and general wall check. In TR, he can bulldoze every sweeper in the OU with shadow ball or Fire Blast. Outside of TR he can take out slow walls that gave me problems before. Steelix, Ferro, Jelli, even blissy fall to Shadow Ball/Fire Blast. Perfect Synergy with Conkledurrp. pretty much my only problem is hitmontop with sucker punch. My main special sweeper after Reuniclus is down. With his massive SA and life orb, he 1HKO's every genie with shadow ball. Slashed Pain split for Hidden power ice. Now I can sweep dragons looking to stall on me, and reuniclus can have access to shadow ball for complete coverage.

PROBLEMS
So...............yeah. My problems so far are with priority users and slow walls mostly. Any other pokes you can recmomend would be greatly appreciated. But keep in mind I chose my current 3 sweepers because they have enough power to 1 shot most pokes. Banette often dies before destiny bond because I never predict right, and often use taunt at the worst possible times.

First thing, all your Pokemon's EVs except Reuniclus still have 4 points that can be used in another stat.

Next, I think Dusclops might be better than Banette. With Eviolite this thing's Defenses are 515! This is the set I use on my Trick Room team:

Dusclops (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Will-O-Wisp
- Night Shade
- Pain Split

You can also put Destiny Bond over Will-O-Wisp.

Other than that this team looks great. I'd like to suggest Scizor as a sweeper, I have a great set for him, but honestly, you already have 3 great sweepers. Go Trick Room!

Dusclops eh? Didn't know he could have destiny bond....and I can sub him in for Ttar/infernape leads for a little bit more diversity.

I'll take a look at his move pool. Thanks!

Can I get that Scizor set btw? I need some thing that can pick apart teams out side of TR and his one fire weakness makes for excellent bait for a chandelure flash fire boost.

Sure.
This isn't the standard set, but I enjoy using it on my TR team. This set requires no setup like the standard Swords Dance set, although I opted for no recovery for better coverage.

Scizor (M) @ Flight Gem
Trait: Technician
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Acrobatics
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

Acrobatics kills Ferrothorn and annoying Fighting types like Breloom and Conkeldurr. Bug Bite for opposing Reuniclus that like your TR. Bullet Punch gives you Priority in and out of TR. All 3 of those moves get the Technician boost and they really hurt. Lastly is Superpower for other Steel types, like Magnezone that think they can just blow through Scizor with HP Fire. Use this move sparingly as it reduces your Attack and Defense each time you use it.

EDIT: I should also point out that 3 of your Pokemon are weak to Ground. 3 are weak to Ghost and Dark, and 2 are weak to Water. No one resists Water, Ground or Ghost. This is a big problem. Unfortunately most TRers are Psychic or Ghost type, so they're weak to Ghost and Dark types.

Switch Rampardos for Marowak wich has a higher attack.

Bannette is iffy, I would personally switch it with a Exeguttor or Dusklops.

Also give Reunicles shadow ball over HP-ice and Bronzong leftovers and hidden power ice over explosion.

Switch Rampardos for Marowak wich has a higher attack.
Hate to break it to you, but Rampardos has 165 Base Attack. Marowak only has a measly 80.

Scarfwynaut said:
Bannette is iffy, I would personally switch it with a Exeguttor or Dusklops.
Definite switch for Dusklops. I recommend this set:

Dusclops (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Def / 196 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Sucker Punch / Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic
- Protect
- Substitute

Toxic, then SubProtect until they die. Simple, really. Sucker Punch is for prediction (If you're protected, they have to tear it down, right?), or Will-O-Wisp for extra Stalling capabilities.[/QUOTE]

Another thing, MAKE SURE that all your Pokemon have 0 Speed IVs and negative Speed Natures. This lowers Speed, therefore maximizing your Trick Room potential.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reread: Love this team. Im beginning to think this is the only way to run TR effectively (currently taking a break after a few months of laddering TR). By just tearing through EVERYTHING. [cut to next paragraph] I would use Shadow Ball on Reuniclus. Its superb neutral coverage is good for late game TR sweeping, when you don't want to be switching and you can handle everything with Psychic, FBlast, and Shadow ball. In place of Pain Split on Chandelure, you can add HP Ice. Max HP Chandy is a bit high of a number, and you don't want to lost momentum by Pain Splitting for not that full potential.

Omg skipping everythign right now because you have Ramp. Seriously, use CB on Rampardos. LO+ Recoil from Head Smash is too devastating. Probably thhe best way to use Ramp is to stack it with something else that's spammable (Conk is good) The ONLY move you need is Head Smash because even 4x resists (ie Excadrill) are 2HKOd. Come in ASAP, Head Smash the physical walls away (read: haha Gliscor, Skarm, Blissey, Chansey, Forry, Pert, everything) until Ramp dies from recoil (believe me, you can be down at 5% with CB, but LO recoil would have killed you by then), then sweep with your other powerful physical attackers.

I would try changing your play style with Bannete before switching ghosts. Since it suicides, lead with it, and you can bring Rampardos in easily, maximizing its potential. That's how I use Bannete Ramp, in any case.

@above: Marowak w/ Thick Club reaches 568 attack and can switch moves.

Omg skipping everythign right now because you have Ramp. Seriously, use CB on Rampardos. LO+ Recoil from Head Smash is too devastating. Probably thhe best way to use Ramp is to stack it with something else that's spammable (Conk is good) The ONLY move you need is Head Smash because even 4x resists (ie Excadrill) are 2HKOd. Come in ASAP, Head Smash the physical walls away (read: haha Gliscor, Skarm, Blissey, Chansey, Forry, Pert, everything) until Ramp dies from recoil (believe me, you can be down at 5% with CB, but LO recoil would have killed you by then), then sweep with your other powerful physical attackers.
If you take this guy's advice and choose to drop the LO recoil, don't switch to CB. Switch to Leftovers to shrug off the recoil completely.

V0x said:
@above: Marowak w/ Thick Club reaches 568 attack and can switch moves.
I did not know that. Thanks.

Definite switch for Dusklops. I recommend this set:

Dusclops (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Def / 196 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Sucker Punch / Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic
- Protect
- Substitute
Since this is replacing Banette, it needs TR on it somewhere. Probably over Sucker Punch, but that would make it Taunt bait.

Have you tried Drain Punch on Conkeldurr? When I used to run one with Flame Orb Drain Punch helped in handling that nasty HP loss. The power drop sucks, but the accuracy/recovery are nice. And Conkeldurr certainly doesn't need to get too much slower.

In defense of Ramps, LO gives him an equivalent of 612 attack (471 * 1.3), he has Mold Breaker EQs, and I can't think of anything Marowak can hit with that's as powerful as STAB Head Smash.

Marowak, of course, is "faster" and significantly longer-lived because of no LO and no recoil.

I would agree with CB on Ramps, but the fact that it has 80 acc is a turnoff. Whenever you rely on those non-perfect-accuracy moves, though, is when they seem to miss the most (damn you, Stone Edge ><).

If you're going to do a TR Dusclops I'd avoid Sub/Protect. The problem with that set is that you'll end up spending a lot of time and HP trying to Toxicstall, and it could cost you the TR setup.

While I was looking at other lawlsy TR Pokemon, I realized Dusclops gets Memento. I take it back, he could work. Toxic/TR/Memento/Protect? WoW works too. Status of choice, then Protect. Judge how long you can go before you're doomed, and then set up TR. Next turn, Memento and your new Pokemon is loving the reduced damage.

Regenerator Slowking? Gives you a TR setter that can 1) Stay alive (2 of your current setters are suicides and Reun has no recovery) and 2) Abuse Rain. Since Politoed is just everywhere, you can enjoy Surf/Thunder/TR/something. And then switch yourself out after setting, if necessary, to heal up a good chunk. Scald over Surf if you'd like. And maybe a Hidden Power?

Xatu with TR could be a good gimmick, as he also helps you keep away hazards. Though with all of those Ttars putting up SR it's almost not worth trying with this guy anymore... Also, he's pretty fast for a TR team, but that does aid in the lawl-factor, and working with minimum speed does make you pretty slow. Get ready:

TR / Reflect / Light Screen / [Wish/U-Turn]

Whaaaat? Set up your screen of choice, maybe the other, set up TR, swap. Wish is if you're playing midgame/lategame with him and want to try and give someone free HP. Instead of Wish, Xatu can run U-Turn for fun switching and not getting Taunt-screwed.

To all of the inevitable flamers that will post after this: Yeah, I know it's a ridiculous gimmick. Says right there in the OP that he's cool with that, and I'm happy to offer up something random and seemingly ineffective. Particularly for TR teams, since I just can't play TR myself, so I can't a random idea >.>

Hate to break it to you, but Rampardos has 165 Base Attack. Marowak only has a measly 80.
I hate to break it to you but Marowak with thick club gets an attack of 568, no recoil, no choice effects, just a plain doubled attack. Choice band Rampardos, as with life orb, might be stronger, but they have big downsides.

I'd use Slack Off on Slowking. Maybe something like Surf / (Psychic/Grass Knot/Thunder/Ice Beam/Hidden Power/something) / Slack Off / Trick Room. With Slack Off, Regenerator, and Leftovers Slowking can live long enough to set up TR many times.

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hi, I really like the team you have here. In the team preview ur team screems trick room tho, This may be bad as it just sets you up for taunt bait. The way I have always played With trick room is making it a suprise, in the middle of the game throwing ur opponent of guard. I wouldent suggest using rampardos as its really frail and goes down to priorty. Like Daenym said, Slowking can be a viable option to you're team as its good in every trick room

I recomend this set.

Slowking @ Life orb
Own Tempo
Quiet nature
252 hp , 4 Def, 252 sp attack

~Nasty Plot
~ thunder/psychic
~surf
~Trick Room

This set gives an extra sweeper who doesent take much setting up and it gives you a more usable trick room setter than Banette can be, Slowking has natural bulk making it really easy to set up nasty plots and the trick room on a resisted hit

hope i helped

Thanks so much for the advice guys!

I'm running calcs now for thick club Marowak, with no recoil and better defense's, I can actually land more than 3 attacks without crippling myself, and take a hit or 2 as well!

I slashed banette as you guys were right, it was the weakest link on my team.

However, instead of slowbro I'm running a TR destiny bond gallade. I highly recommend you guys try this. Just TR, CC, and either fling you're ball or destiny bond when you sense the end coming. Requires good prediction though. Try him out, and let me know what you think. Although I now have decent weakness to flying moves, it hasn't been an issue yet. Everything that might threaten me (Thundurus, Staravia, etc.) dies from an 1hko Head smash or stone edge.

I'll run some more tests for Slowbro and marowak tomorrow. And I'll see how chandelure does with HP ice.

Unfortunately Duskclops kinda ruins my team synergy with his stall style. Memento provides a quick access and the switch the opposing poke has to make next turn leaves me with an open field, but if I can get off a destiny bond its even better.

Xatu with TR could be a good gimmick, as he also helps you keep away hazards. Though with all of those Ttars putting up SR it's almost not worth trying with this guy anymore... Also, he's pretty fast for a TR team, but that does aid in the lawl-factor, and working with minimum speed does make you pretty slow. Get ready:

TR / Reflect / Light Screen / [Wish/U-Turn]

Whaaaat? Set up your screen of choice, maybe the other, set up TR, swap. Wish is if you're playing midgame/lategame with him and want to try and give someone free HP. Instead of Wish, Xatu can run U-Turn for fun switching and not getting Taunt-screwed.

To all of the inevitable flamers that will post after this: Yeah, I know it's a ridiculous gimmick. Says right there in the OP that he's cool with that, and I'm happy to offer up something random and seemingly ineffective. Particularly for TR teams, since I just can't play TR myself, so I can't a random idea >.>
I was thinking Xatu due to magic bounce. Tried and got horribly walled in by Ttar though. Only got 1 screen and a TR up. Plus with all the stone edge/rock slide/ ICE users running around I'd get KO'ed pretty quick.

wow I feel stupid....-_-

Its up now.

EDIT- New changes. Slashed HP ice for shadow ball and pain split for HP ice. Much better coverage now. Also got rid of payback for drain punch. It hits nothing harder than stone edge in TR, and now I have access to a recovery move.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Under TR Toxic Orb is generally the superior option. Rarely do you actually get 3 turns in, so Toxic Orb WILL do less damage. In the early stages of battle, you want to save you TR sweepers, so you wouldn't want to keep them in past TR's effect. Thus, Conk will be taking overall less residual damage. If you endgame with Conk, the residual damage will hardly matter, as everything will be weakened for an easy Mach Punch sweep.

One thing I would like to note about Marowak: it really shines when paired with Rampardos, if only because Ramp can surprise factor take out Gliscor and Rotom-W, both of which kinda wall Marowak, the latter threatening with WoW. Ramp blows holes, then Marowak comes in with perfect neutral coverage in EQ/Stone Edge(:/)/ Fire Punch/Low Kick to clean up everything else. 120HP/252Atk/136Def Brave gives it good physical defense and maxes attack.

^^I tried that, but Conkledurr actaully makes it to the 5 or 6 turn mark fairly easily.

With my new flame orb, he normally runs for 2-3 turns in a TR, KO's at least 2 Pokes, and then drain punches on the last turn of TR to relieve the burn. Then I get a mach punch or 2 before I drop. Now he runs for about 2 turns after TR instead of dropping the turn its down.

I'm looking into marowak, but the thing is he introduces a new water weakness to my team. I'd have to either get rid of my Conkledurrp, as I need chandelure for a special sweeper and to cover up bug type weaknesses.

What should I replace?

At the risk of sounding like a noob, I'll ask this, wouldn't the Flame Orb cut Conkeldurr's Attack making Toxic Orb the better choice?

Hey, nice to see a TR team once in a while, but it's difficult to pull it off which is why I avoid the playstyle.

Just a few suggestions. Do not run Brave for Bronzong. I understand it's really offensive, but you need at least one guy in your team to keep on repeatedly setup Trick Room for your team in case something goes wrong. Bronzong is naturally bulky, I know but sacrificing that power for more bulk and failsafe TR user for the whole match doesn't sound reasonable, now does it?

This set should be better for you.

[SET]
name: Trick Room Support
move 1: Trick Room
move 2: Gyro Ball
move 3: Stealth Rock
move 4: Light Screen / Reflect
item: Leftovers
ability: Levitate
nature: Relaxed
evs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
ivs: 0 Spe

Do not run Explosion. It got nerfed and there is nothing good for Bronzong, especially if he's supposed to continue the TR effect.

And for your Rampardos, run CB. Do not, ever, ever, EVER run LO. Head Smash deals ridiculous fucked up damage to your opponent, and the recoil is absolutely ridiculous too. The option to change move is tempting, yes. But in return, you can only survive for 2-3 turns. Is it worth it? No. And Avalanche, it is a move with decreased priority, and should not be used on a Pokemon that is so fragile. Switch it to Stone Edge. Earthquake and Stone Edge form the EdgeQuake combo, giving you tremendous coverage. And use Crunch over Zen Headbutt. Really, what are you hitting with Zen Headbutt? Conkeldurr? He will smash you with Mach Punch. Whereas you can hit the common Reuniclus and other ghosts with Crunch.

For Conkeldurr, I advise using Flame Orb, yes. Because it also acts as a failsafe outside TR. And, I know Hammer Arm will decrease your speed and in TR, you just get faster. But 3 Fighting Moves and 1 Rock Move give you not-so-good coverage. And there are only 5 turns of TR. You can keep hitting with Hammer Arm, yes you get faster. But after the 5 turns is over, you have to switch out, no? Of course it's a wonderful choice for Conkeldurr. Really. It's just that I will always have a failsafe or two for my Trick Room teams, in case things don't go as what you plan. Payback over Hammer Arm. It offers more coverage outside that 3 STAB and one Rock move.

And please, do not listen to that guy that says use Leftovers for Rampardos. It's rubbish. Negate the recoil completely, yeah sure. One Head Smash will shave off at least 20% of your health or even more while Leftovers will only recover that measly 6%.

I hope I helped you and good luck with your Trick Room team! xD

Hey, nice to see a TR team once in a while, but it's difficult to pull it off which is why I avoid the playstyle.

Just a few suggestions. Do not run Brave for Bronzong. I understand it's really offensive, but you need at least one guy in your team to keep on repeatedly setup Trick Room for your team in case something goes wrong. Bronzong is naturally bulky, I know but sacrificing that power for more bulk and failsafe TR user for the whole match doesn't sound reasonable, now does it?

This set should be better for you.

[SET]
name: Trick Room Support
move 1: Trick Room
move 2: Gyro Ball
move 3: Stealth Rock
move 4: Light Screen / Reflect
item: Leftovers
ability: Levitate
nature: Relaxed
evs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
ivs: 0 Spe

Do not run Explosion. It got nerfed and there is nothing good for Bronzong, especially if he's supposed to continue the TR effect.

And for your Rampardos, run CB. Do not, ever, ever, EVER run LO. Head Smash deals ridiculous fucked up damage to your opponent, and the recoil is absolutely ridiculous too. The option to change move is tempting, yes. But in return, you can only survive for 2-3 turns. Is it worth it? No. And Avalanche, it is a move with decreased priority, and should not be used on a Pokemon that is so fragile. Switch it to Stone Edge. Earthquake and Stone Edge form the EdgeQuake combo, giving you tremendous coverage. And use Crunch over Zen Headbutt. Really, what are you hitting with Zen Headbutt? Conkeldurr? He will smash you with Mach Punch. Whereas you can hit the common Reuniclus and other ghosts with Crunch.

For Conkeldurr, I advise using Flame Orb, yes. Because it also acts as a failsafe outside TR. And, I know Hammer Arm will decrease your speed and in TR, you just get faster. But 3 Fighting Moves and 1 Rock Move give you not-so-good coverage. And there are only 5 turns of TR. You can keep hitting with Hammer Arm, yes you get faster. But after the 5 turns is over, you have to switch out, no? Of course it's a wonderful choice for Conkeldurr. Really. It's just that I will always have a failsafe or two for my Trick Room teams, in case things don't go as what you plan. Payback over Hammer Arm. It offers more coverage outside that 3 STAB and one Rock move.

And please, do not listen to that guy that says use Leftovers for Rampardos. It's rubbish. Negate the recoil completely, yeah sure. One Head Smash will shave off at least 20% of your health or even more while Leftovers will only recover that measly 6%.

I hope I helped you and good luck with your Trick Room team! xD
I agree on the Rampharados thing. Avalanche has only only works on DD dragons so far. And pretty much every fighting type I've met so far has carried mach punch. Not sure on stone edge though, it has weaker base damage and is a bit redundant because conkledurr already has it.

So, I'm thinking, head smash, crunch (for lat@as and gengar) outrage for all other dragons, and EQ.

I'll look into the CB, didn't even know it boosted attacks more than LO. Thanks!

The reason I don't carry payback on Conk is that it hits absolutely nothing harder than stone edge. Conk runs mostly in TR, where he goes first every time. Plus guts boosted stone edge is an 1 hko on every ghost type, bar duskclops and gollet, and they can't harm me anyway. With drain punch, I can get enough recovery on the last turn of TR for hammer arm and mach punch in the next 2 turns. Paypack would help with Rueniclus, but only if they hit me firs,t and a STAB psychic woudl kill me anyway.

For Bronzong, explosion isn't really there to kill, but more for a quick access. With the normal gem, it still packs quite a punch, I've killed blissy's and infernapes with it before. I have general problems with steel leads, but I can always swap out to Chandelure after a TR to take the hit and start sweeping. And since he's a general suicide lead, no one ever gets to find out his heatproofing, allowing me to bluff a levitate.

I'll definably take a closer look at ramphy and Bronzong, it appears I need some work done on them...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)