Trying New Things (Keldeo)

Hey everybody, C03RohMann98 here with a somewhat better RMT. This one is another rain team ( like my other really bad RMT) but i am hoping that this will be better.
Team Building Process
This whole idea started with the upcoming release of Keldeo. It seamed interesting so I decided to make a Competitive team using it.

So then i decided that Keldeo would perform best in rain. I added Politoed(DUH!) and also decided that i would try the specs Tornadus-T that had been DESTROYING my teams.

After that i decided to kill some of Keldeo's main checks. Latias and Celebiseem to be what everyone says are its checks so to counter them i added....SCIZOR. Scizor can check both Latios and Celebi with Pursuit and U-Turn.

Now the next two i added as "glue". Dugtrio is to trap and kill Ninetales and Tyranitar. Metagross is my scarfer... Why? its unpredictable and i can trick it on to a pokemon who thinks they are a safe switch in.

I then thought that Metagross wasn't pulling its weight so i added Choice scarf Raikou as my revenge killer

This is the MVP of my team. It is the life orb set because I want to utilize calm mind. It's simple, set up with calm mind and sweep with hydro pump and secret sword. HP ghost is for jellicent who is immune to both of my attacks.
Keldeo@Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs:4HP/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spd
Timid
-Calm Mind
-Hydro pump
-Secret sword
-HP ghost

This VERY overused pokemon is in its standard trapper set(the one with pursuit). The goal is to trap and kill the lati twins that counter Keldeo. It can also trap other pokemon and threaten with STAB Technician bullet punch or STAB U-Turn. I gave the expert belt to make the opponent think i'm choiced and locked into pursuit only to fire a bullet punch or U-Turn out. Scince rain is up HP Fire from the lati twins are no problem.
Scizor@Expert Belt
Ability: Technician
EVs: 258 HP/ 112 Atk/ 148 SpD
Adamant
-Pursuit
-U-Turn
-Bullet Punch
-Roost

This is standard Choice specs Hurricane spamming Tornadus-T. Focus Blast and HP Ground are coverage moves and U-turn is a safe way out.
Tornadus-T@Choice Specs
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 Atk/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spd
Timid
-Hurricane
-U-Turn
-Focus Blast
-HP Ground

This is standard defensive support politoed. Full of support moves that i couldnt afford to have a separate slot for. It can phaze ,Toxic and ,Scald enemies.
Politoed@leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 Def/ 252 HP/ 4SpD
-Perish Song
-Toxic
-Protect
-Scald

This is the regular reversal dugtrio except for one thing...Memento. The goal is to trap a weather starter or if none a random pokemon. I then use stealth rocks while they proceed to OHKO me with a move. I then either use reversal( if weak to Fighting) or memento. If i use memento, I send out Keldeo who can get up one or two calm minds.
Dugtrio@ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
Jolly
-Stealth Rocks
-Earthquake
-Reversal
-Memento

Raikou is my revenge killer. It is a Fusion of the Scarf and weather abuser sets on the analysis. Its sort of hard to describe but here it is.
Raikou@Choice Scarf
Ability:Pressure
Evs: 252 SpA/ 4 SpD/ 252 Spd
Rash
-Aura Sphere
-Weather ball
-Thunder
-HP Ice
Yeah...its an interesting set. So that's my team. I really i hope it isn't as bad as the last one. BTW its importable
Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
IVs: 21 HP / 0 Def / 0 SDef
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Politoed @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Perish Song
- Protect

Tornadus-Therian @ Choice Specs
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Rarity (Keldeo-Resolution) @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ghost]

Scizor @ Expert Belt
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Atk / 148 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Raikou @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Rash Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Weather Ball
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I suggest you change your Keldeo set slightly. Either use Sub with that Calm Mind, to protect from status and critical hits, or use a different Hidden Power move. I know fighting/ghost gets great neutral coverage, but neutral damage doesn't really kill many things. If anything, go HP Rock, or Ice, or Electric, to hit flying dragons and Gyarados harder, and it will still hit Jellicent neutrally or super effectively, which will be enough as it can't do much to you. Fighting/Rock is almost as good of coverage (probably better Super Effective) coverage than Fighting/Ghost. Just a suggestion.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi,

This is a standard rain team, nothing too common or powerful threatens it. Your Scizor looks a bit weird though, I think you should change it. Tornadus may also require a set change, to help your team deal with a few threats.

Scizor needs a Choice Band. As the only lasting physical hitter of your team, it is quite necessary to maKe him hit as hard as possible. Being choice locked really isn't a big deal for Scizor in Rain; Bullet Punch makes short work of Ttar and Lati@s switch ins. However, now that you're choiced, having Roost is no longer a good idea- so I suggest you swap Roost with Superpower so you can OHKO Magnezone on the switch in, erasing it as a counter. Superpower also hits Rocks and Steels harder than Bullet Punch, so in situations where speed is not an issue you can use it to deal hefty damage. The Choice Band spread of 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe Adamant is also a better idea in this case, as it allows you to hit extremely hard. Your previous set was lacking a lot of power, so maxing attack should help a lot.

Tornadus-T also needs a Naive nature, so you don't weaken your U-Turn.

That's about it for now- good luck!

Hello there.
Your team is decent, but you seem to be weak to Rotom-W, as the only mon that isnt weak to one of its STABs is Raikou. I suggest you change Dugtrio to Blissey. It gives you amazing special bulk, and retains the ability to set up rocks.

Sayonara

don't forget
Hey,

Cool team, RohMann98. I don't really find Expert Belt to be a good choice on Scizor, as it doesn't possess great coverage. I'd recommend Metal Coat instead. In addition to being able to bluff the Choice item, Scizor's STAB Bullet Punch gets a power boost, which lets it deal with Terrakion with more ease. Pursuit isn't really needed, so I'd just go with Superpower over that attack for better coverage, allowing Scizor to get past troublesome opponents such as Magnezone, Ferrothorn and Heatran. For a Choice Scarf user like Raikou, Volt Switch would be a really good choice as it allows Raikou to scout and gain offensive momentum for your team, especially when it uses it against opponents like Politoed who are forced to switch-out. I'd go for Volt Switch over Aura Sphere and a Timid Nature over a Rash Nature. By removing Aura Sphere from your current set, this allows Raikou to use a positive speed nature that allows Raikou to outspeed notable Scarf users such as Scarf Salamence and Scarf Landorus and revenge-kill them with a super-effective Hidden Power Ice. Aura Sphere is mainly used as a weapon against Ferrothorn, but your team handles it quite well with Reversal Dugtrio and Keldeo's Sacred Sword. Finally, I'd recommend Leftovers on Keldeo for extra survivability. With Life Orb, it'll eventually kill itself due to the extra power provided by Life Orb, but after a couple of Calm Mind boosts, Keldeo won't even need Life Orb to grab notable KOs. I don't have much else to add - cool team, and good luck! Hope I helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)