1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Gen 3 Trying to perfect a ddtar team (RMT)

Discussion in 'Ruins of Alph' started by Lolcat, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Heysup

Heysup Monsters are dangerous and kings are dying like flies.
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Umm, he doesnt? And lol @ bold, i think you mean typical

And you also phail reading comprehension, i said SNORLAX has spikes set up on it, where as he can PLAY to not allow this. Snorlax's first move should ALWAYS be fire blast to test for skarm as well. Skarm can spike if it comes in on anything other than a fire blast, but thats where the player skill comes in. So, no i was NOT contradicting myself.

El.Oh.El.
  2. Cruiselax

Cruiselax

I dont know why you are getting butthurt angry and attacking me. Again, was just giving out advice to lolcat. But just incase you get butthurt again...
    [​IMG]

If you say it that way, cant the opposing player send out zapdos to pressure snorlax's fireblast?, or even set up light screen to aid skarm.

Having a rapidspinner or not is totally based on the player's preference. Why you are making a big fuss over it, I dont know.
  3. Lolcat

Lolcat

I tried using the team with Suicune and Salamence and i just seem to win more with it. I guess the team is more aggressive, I mean Choice Band Salamence and STalkCune versus Zapdos and Flygon. So I've switched back to that version of the team:

Boomlax (or counter depending on the server)
    Gengar
    CMJirachi
    Crocune
    CBSala
    DDTAR

The team is as offensive as it can get while every single member on the team can still work together to wall most threats.

Hardest thing for me to overcome are other crocunes. Even with the Zapdos version of the team other Suicunes still found a way to set up and sweep me.

Is there anything else i can do to this team while still keeping the very agressive-but-still-defensive mentality?
  4. k.k.2

k.k.2

That is a great Idea but you really need a swampert counter
  5. Umby

Umby I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Sleep Talking Suicune can fend off Swampert, especially with the Reflect support set up by Jirachi.
  6. k.k.2

k.k.2

Swampert can just roar it away
  7. Umby

Umby I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Doesn't matter if it does. Suicune pretty much tanks anything that Swampert has, therefore "countering" it. I didn't say Suicune had to set up.
  8. Lolcat

Lolcat

meh, i don't like it when people say i have a swampert weak. I mean yea he does 'counter' a lot of things but he can't really hurt anything. All i have to do is switch in on a quake which is super easy with gengar and burn him and hes over. Or i can just cune/counter lax or something. I'm still more scared of Suicune, thought about using regice with psych up but not sure. Nobody has any ideas?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)