Turning The World On You (Trick Room RMT)

Introduction
. . . . . . . . .
Hey, new(ish) to the forums, but not to Wifi Battling. Been playing BW Wifi for a month now, bla bla illcuttothechase. I haven't seen a TR team once in BW, and wanted to create a team that can use TR to my advantage. After careful consideration of which TR users to use, and which Pkmn to take advantage of, this is the first idea of my Trick Room team. (P.S. I play on DS Wifi, not a simulator.)

The Team
. . . . . . . . .

Updated: Version 2 (in use)

In Depth
. . . . . . . . .

Distortion @ Eviolite
Trace
Relaxed ~ 252 HP , 160 Def, 96 S.Atk
- Trick Room
-Recover
- Ice Beam
- Magic Coat

Porygon2, an annoying little thing who plays the perfect role of a Trick Room user. For version 2, I've been provided with this altered set, which is said to help play tank against Physical Dragons (e.g. Garchomp) and retaliate with Ice Beam to KO them, or wear them down in the least. Magic Coat has also protected me against status afflictions and entry hazards.

Despair @ Eviolite
Pressure
Relaxed ~ 252 HP, 6 Def, 252 S.Def
- Trick Room
- Seismic Toss
- Will-o-wisp
- Pain Split

Dusclops, the bringer of sorrow (for my opponent at least.) For Version 2, due to changing Scizor's set, I changed frmo a Memento set to a Wall set that helps him last. The moves pretty much speak for themselves; Seismic Toss for constant damage, Will-o-wisp to cripple Physical Sweepers, and Pain Split to recover HP and lower opponents HP.

The Blob @ Life Orb
Magic Guard
Quiet ~ 192 HP, 64 Def, 252 S.Atk
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

Reuniclus, the deadly jelly bean. I love this fella. He's the perfect bulky monster that can absorb status moves and deal serious damage against those that don't resist. (Again, not my set, from Smogon Analysis.) The combo of attacks help my team to face a more diverse range of types.​

Hardcore @ Life Orb
Technician
Brave ~ 252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 S.Def
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- U-turn
- Superpower

Scizor, the cold steel guillotine. For version 2, I switched from SD Scizor to full-on attacker, in both priority, scouting, and killing off Blissey and other walls who fall to Fighting moves (and would wall me otherwise.)

DStruction @ Life Orb
Flash Fire
Quiet ~ 232 HP, 252 S.Atk, 12 Def, 12 S.Def
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse

Heatran, he who can turn the world to cinders and bury it under ash. Not only does he partner with Scizor in resisting Draco Meteors and Outrage, he can retaliate with Dragon Pulse. On this team, his main purpose is denting the other team, and also with setting up SR to hassle the foe with an entry hazard.​

Galapagos @ Life Orb
Shell Armor
Brave ~ 240 HP, 252 Atk, 16 Def
- Worry Seed
- Seed Bomb
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Torterra, the divine, giant tortoise who can grow a tree on his back. This is an unusual Pkmn to choose since it's uncommon, but I figured he could synergise with this team. He resists Electric, Rock and Ground moves which the rest of my team don't resist, which would leave me vulnerable to Tyranitar, Excadrill, hell, any SS team could slaughter me. Torterra's job is to counter them with STAB moves and the EdgeQuake combo. Worry Seed is to surprise those Pkmn w/Levitate who will catch them out on the switch-in. Changing their ability to Insomnia, they lose their immunity to Earthquake, therefore I use. This is useful against the likes of Bronzong, Gengar, most Rotom forms, etc. (If I manage to pull it off.), which gives them the pressure to switch or attack.​

Previous Pkmn
. . . . . . . . .
Azumarill ~ Replaced with Torterra. Needed something to resist Rock and Ground moves.​

Overview
. . . . . . . . .

I'm not entirely set on this team or its sets, since I'm unsure which Pkmn I'm threatened by. So, I'm happy to consider any other Pkmn Sets I can substitute for in this team that you suggest. Feel free to point out flaws in my team, since that what RMTs are for. ;)

The team doesn´t sound bad
However... i´ll make some changes:
-Use Seismic Toss or similar over Memento, Dusclops is a wall, so, use it like a wall, also, u can use Pain Split over Taunt.
-I prefer a Substitute version of Azumarill instead Choice Band, With Trick Room, Azumarill is very dangerous sweper, if u use Choice Band, u can cripple in waterfall for example, and ferrothorn can counter you, however, with a substitute version, you can use Focus Punch and then other move.

Note: Your team doesn´t resist Ground and Rock types, so, Tyranitar, Garchomp, Excadrill are dangerous.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Using a boosting move on a non Trick Roomer (Scizor) doesn't really work. When you come in, you only have three turns left. A swords dance will leave you with two turns left, which essentially defeats the purpose of using Trick Room, especially since you aren't making use of Bullet Punch (leaving Scizor dead weight once all the TRers are down). This will work better:

@ Leftovers / Life Orb
Technician
Brave ~ 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 SDef
- Superpower / Pursuit
- Roost
- Bug Bite / U-Turn
- Bullet Punch

U-Turn is actually extremely useful, as you can get out as Trick Room runs out and send your TRer back.

Thunderbolt should be Magic Coat on Porygon2. Since Pory2 isn't terribly offensive, BoltBeam doesn't do much. Magic Coat is extremely good at defeating two TR nemesis: taunt and phazing. I would then run 252 HP / 160 Def / 92 SpA (+Def -Spe). 92 S. Attack ensures Ice Beam always OHKOs offensive Garchomp.

@Opticz: Thanks for your input, now that I'm aware of losing to SS teams, aswell as any Pkmn who holds the EdgeQuake combo. From looking at V0x's comment, I'll have to change Dusclops into a wall if I'm going to change Scizor's set, and will consider the SubPunch Azumarill. Thanks ^^

@V0x: I've noticed it's difficult to run SD Scizor with Trick Room when I tested on Wifi. Thanks for the set suggestion, aswell as Pory2.

I've been thinking of replacing Azumarill with a different Physical attacker, that'll help take on those that Opticz mentioned will threaten my whole team. Here are the Pkmn I've researched and considered:

Torterra: He resists the infamous EdgeQuake combo with its typing, and is likely to deal alot of damage back to those that threaten me (such as Tyranitar, non-Balloon/X-Scissor Excadrill, etc.) He can absorb Electric attacks and dent Water types that my team doesn't resist (although I have to watch out for Ice Beam.)
Donphan: Physical attacking Donphan. Why not? He has noteworthy 120 Atk and Def, coupled with decent HP to face against aforementioned threats, etc. With him though, without swapping one of my other teammates with a different Pkmn, I'll struggle with bulky Water types.
Marowak: Except for less bulk and Higher Atk w/Thick Club, carries same pros and cons as Donphan.
Nidoking/Nidoqueen: Resist Rock, but weak to Ground. They both have a more diverse movepool to pull of a Mixed Atk set, combined with Sheer Force to become more powerful. Nidoking is slightly more powerful than Nidoqueen but is slightly faster too (bad on a TR team, duh.) Nidoqueen is slightly less poweful, but is a little bulkier and also slower.

These are just my own ideas to help improve my team's ability to take on more diverse types. Any logical suggestions is accepted. :D

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Marowak. I wrote a bit about him in the Article (link in my sig). Donphan is vastly inferior, except for Rapid Spin and priority.

Yeh, I did look at your guide, and helped me a little. However, I chose Torterra to replace Azumarill, and have made a set for him. I've also edited the sets of other teammates, so take a second check if you wish.

Its unfortunate that you play on D.S. Wifi, because Hidden Power Fire is a good alternative to Focus Blast. Sure you miss out on Tyranitar, but you do smack Scizor and Ferrothorn really hard, and 100% accuracy can be a real lifesaver.

Why do people seem to be ignoring my thread? I probably sound impatient for this, but alot of other RMTs are getting more rates and attention than mine.

I think if you're using Quiet Heatran, Eruption could be a possibility. However, you would have to take away Life Orb, because the recoil would weaken its power.

Nvm. Didn't see that you played on Wifi

I really don't see what Heatran is doing for your team, other than providing defense against fire attacks and setting up Stealth Rock. I think you should consider swapping out Heatran for Omastar, which has a x1/4 fire resist, plus surprisingly good type synergy with the rest of your team. Or, you can use Emboar for a fire resist as well, with an added assurance against dark attacks. Both of these have 55 base speed, making them slower than Heatran's 77. Similarly, you can also use Camerupt, but I feel like it is a little outclassed by Emboar. If you really want Stealth Rocks, you can replace Worry Seed on Torterra for it, but you would need to give up shell armor (and since you play wifi this may be annoying, but Overgrow is arguably better anyway)

I would like to point out Knock off, as it greatly hinders pretty much all of your pokemon. Nothing you can really do to fix it though.

ok i'l give you a rate ..

classic trick room team , using walls that can switch in and back to set it up , a clever opponent won't let you do this infinitly , and would take the opportunity to set up something ( a sub gengar for example )

stall absolutly wrecks this team , you'll never break through stall team , the classic ferrothorn/gliscor /burungeru core destroys the team , ferrothorn set up spikes easily on your porygon and jellicent walls your heatran/scizor to no end ..

you need a mixed sweeper who can break past stall team , i suggest something like dragonite with fire blast /superpower/outrage/extreme speed could help you ..

anyway good team .

@Kay-tay: Well, I originally chose Heatran for reasons you've said, plus for double Dragon resisters with Scizor (despite no Defense investment), aswell as being able to retaliate against Dragons with Dragon Pulse. I suppose I can swap him for a slower Mixed Attacker (suggested by Rex), but I'll end up getting thrashed easily by Dragons without counters. Meaning I'll have to keep swapping Pkmn after Pkmn till I find great synergy again. (Not that I can't do it, it's just annoying.) Also, Knock Off isn't that common and pretty much affects most Pkmn anyway, so it's something I'll have to put up with. Thanks for the Pkmn suggestions though.

@Rex: You're right about stall teams walling me, I guess I just haven't faced one yet when testing. Thanks for pointing that out.

Gonna need hellofalot of reorganising for the team. >.>

in the 63 times I restarted diamond version for heatran not once did I get a quiet nature. I hate you!!!

Nah I don't hate you. I'm just jealous

Now on to the rate!

Trick room team<3! I tried this playstyle on wi-fi and I liked it a lot! Counters a lot the speed and weather this gen for sure.

Porygon2. I see what you did there as most people will predit the boltbeam coverage so magic coat is pretty nice as it reflects back sr so nothing really to say on porygon 2. You do lose coverage on flying types, especially gyarados. Optional but I like magic coat better

Reuniclus, scizor, and dusclops I have nothing to say. Standard sets and doing their job.

Torterra w/ life orb is dying for WOOD HAMMER! I know the recoil will be a big burden on it but the power difference can really help sweep teams while TR is up and torterra takes advantage of it. Wood Hammer will just punish T-tar and politoed. Then quake punishes tales. Hmm worry seed seems like a waste of a TR turn and coverage move. You don't have any weather inducers so go for synthesis. Risky with all the teams out there but with life orb recoil and no wish passing and if your opponent is trying to stall out TR turns you can at least heal off the recoil. Not sure what could replace worry seed (I think it is a bit gimmicky but might really help when shadow tag chandelure is released and switches in on the turn TR is ending).

Why not Magma storm on heatran=0. I know its accuracy is shaky but it traps the opponent for the duration of trick room. This would be really helpful on walls like Blissey who would try to stall out TR.

Hope I helped. Interesting combo with this trick room team=p.

Blast your quiet nature heatran! I'll get you for that!!

im not sure if anyone said this (i didn't read the comments) but i hope you know that if you plan on competing in a tournament, more than one pokemon cant hold the same item. I reccomend evolving porygon2 or dusclops, giving torterra a grass gem, use the calm mind set on reniclus and giving it leftovers ( iknow you're using offensive, but defense is key), use the VGC' 12 metagame physical attacker set on scizor. otherwise good team.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
im not sure if anyone said this (i didn't read the comments) but i hope you know that if you plan on competing in a tournament, more than one pokemon cant hold the same item. I reccomend evolving porygon2 or dusclops, giving torterra a grass gem, use the calm mind set on reniclus and giving it leftovers ( iknow you're using offensive, but defense is key), use the VGC' 12 metagame physical attacker set on scizor. otherwise good team.
The item clause it's only used for Nintendo tournaments, and we play on online simulators (like Pokemon Online), so the items are okay. Also don't bump threads that are a year old lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)