Turnip Mafia - Game Over - BT and zorbees win

Turnip Mafia

Approved by billymills

The Rules:

1. Read the rules. Pretty please?

The Basics:
1. You may not share your role PM. You may tell other people your role name and paraphrase your ability, but no direct quoting is allowed, and no excessive discussion of the contents of your PM.
2. So obviously that means no screenshots.
3. No deadtalking, no exceptions.
4. If you want to fake a log, go for it. Ask Daenym if you need help, but don't expect him to actually take the time to fake the convo with you. Durr.

The Cycles:
1. Every Day there will be a Lynch.
2. Days last 48 hours or until majority is reached, with a little grace period, if deemed necessary.
3. To vote, post "<flavor> <user>" in bold. To change your vote, either change the original vote or unbold the original vote and post a new one. If you have multiple bold voted for different people your vote will not be counted. You may choose to vote "No Lynch" as well.
4. If there is a tie, no one will be lynched.
5. Every Night you will submit actions, if you have them.
6. Nights will last 48 hours or until all actions have been submitted.
7. If you fail to submit actions/vote and/or make at least semi-regular contact with Daenym, you'll be subbed out. Mercilessly.
8. The game starts on Night 0. Actions will all work, with the exception of Kills, which will fail.

The Specifics:
1. Priorities are set, secret, and so on.
2. No resurrects. Targeting dead people has no effect, and votes for dead people count as "No Lynch."
3. If the rules and your PM clash, your PM takes precedence. Ask Daenym if you're concerned.

The Dealbreakers
1. Get on IRC. It makes a world of difference. If you have IRC problems, ask Daenym for some help, despite the fact he's fairly retarded about IRC. The channel for this game is: #turnip
2. Don't be inactive. It ruins the game for you and everyone else involved. You WILL be subbed out.
3. If you make an IRC channel, spreadsheet, or otherwise, please add Daenym to it. daenym@gmail.com

It was impossible to say how it had happened, exactly. But the incontrovertible fact was this: the gates to the Town had been left open. Was it treachery or innocent error? No one could say. But last Night, something had come into the Town. Something unnatural, something evil, that was for sure. Who, or what, it was was a mystery to the people of the Town.

The Day would have been like any other normal Day for all of the people of the Town, just going about their business. But instead, a body lay in the street, its throat torn out. Before this death could cause a panic, Daenym dealt with the body. He found a sheet of paper on the corpse and looked over it carefully:

Role PM said:
Dear billymills,

You are the Farmer

You’ve spent the last 30 years of your life perfecting the art of farming your beloved turnips. And now, after all of this time, you have finally discovered the secret to a turnip that is a god amog other turnips. A single bite of your turnips will completely revitalize anyone, living or dead.

At Night, you may PM the host with “Night X - Feed <user> a turnip.” If <user> was dead, he will come back to life during the following Day.

You are aligned with the Town.

You win when the Town is safe again.
After that, the Day was spent gathering the people in the Town together, to make sure they understood the gravity of the situation. It took the whole Day to finally track them all down.

As the twilight of dusk faded, the moon shone brightly in the sky. But instead of a soft, white glow emanating from the moon, it had taken on a harsh, reddish color, as is warning of what was to come. Everyone was concerned. But that concern quickly turned to pure fear as a long, eerie howl filled the air.

“Everyone, take care of yourselves tonight,” said Daenym. He stood surveying the people of the Town. “Tomorrow, we’re going to start tracking down whatever it is that’s causing all of this trouble. And we’re going to kill it.”

With that, Daenym held out a sheet of paper for everyone to see:

Role PM said:
Dear Daenym,

You are the Executioner

You are the one who takes care of business in this Town, killing the targets of the Lynch and getting rid of idlers. Everyone, whether they are a member of the Town, a visitor, or otherwise, is kind of afraid of you. While a lot of other people’s authority can be questioned, your authority, like death, is absolute.

At Night or during the Day, you may PM yourself with “Night/Day X - Chop off <user>’s head.” If <user> is being unacceptably idle, you will chop off his head and find someone better.

During the day, you may PM yourself with “Day X - Hang <user>.” If <user> received the most votes in the lynch, he will be hanged until he is dead.

You are the host.

You win if the game finishes successfully.
With Night falling, everyone headed back. Some had plans for the Night, others would be content sitting in the safety of their homes. But there were also some much more insidious thoughts being thought.

Alive:
CHENN reyscarface StevenSnype
Spiffy
zorbees
macle
shinyskarmory
Nachos
Blue_Tornado

Dead:
General Spoon - Died Night 1
Terrador - Died Night 1
ginganinja - Died Day 2
MakksVolke - Mortician - Town - Throat ripped out Night 2
Ditto - Drunk - Town - Stabbed Day 3
Wild Eep - Beggar - Town - Throat ripped out Night 3
Yeti - Orphan - Town - Stabbed Day 4
Flamestrike - Sheriff - Town - Throat ripped out Night 4
iiMKUltra - Jailer - Town - Stabbed Day 5

Role PMs for all players are being sent now.

After that it will be Night 0.

Night 0 will end in ~48 hours from this post, or whenever ALL actions are submitted.

Remember that all actions work on Night 0 with the exception of Kills.

If you fail to submit an action or make some form of contact with me during Night 0, you WILL be subbed out. Preferably, you’ll make contact within the first 24 hours.

The IRC channel for the game (again) is #turnip

LET'S GO LET'S GO TURNIP MAFIA START W00T!!!!

Just a note; IRC is not working for me right now. However, I will be very active in the thread and on Smogon in general. I'm trying to fix it... please be patient.

Also, this is my first forum mafia game (I have played mafia at parties and such, but Smogon seems very different)

EDIT: @ Daenym: I am using Mibbit. It won't let me access ANY channel, even if I sign into an account. The upper right corner keeps giving me a [TIMEOUT] message.

@shinyskarmory: Use Mibbit. It sucks, but it gets the job done.

Alright, all PMs are out. If you didn't get one, needs it resent, have questions about your role, or, well, anything, feel free to ask me.

It is now Night 0.

Night 0 will end September 18, 8 p.m. EST. That's in ~49 hours. However, I'd love to update ahead of schedule if you all feel like submitting your actions nice and early.

Oh yeah.

If you'd like to submit your actions on IRC and not by PM, that's fine by me. Saves my poor inbox from getting clogged.

If you submit your action over IRC, make sure that I confirm that I have recorded your action. If I don't, assume I haven't gotten it, since I was probably afk.

I'm stepping up to lead.
My role name is "Census Worker". I know that their is more than wolf one ingame as more than one person wrote "Wolf" under the occupation section.

Claim people. I get enough claims soon enough, I get to pretend to be UncleSam and give you orders to perform this night, and we can start to clear people.

EDIT: For claiming I'm going to need your role name and a paraphrasing of your ability. As in, what does your ability do. DO NOT PM ME YOUR ACTUAL ROLE PM WE DON'T NEED GODKILLS.

Please don't claim to anyone unless they are cleaned. Since role PM's can't be shared, moling is laughably easy in this game.

(AKA don't claim to GeneralSpoon.)

I would also strongly encourage not claiming to General Spoon tonight; there is very little to gain (perhaps 30-50% better shot at catching a mafia/wolf with inspection and similar odds of avoiding a kidnap) and very much to lose (much of the village is compromised). Don't do it.

I agree with Terrador. In fact, IMO there's no point in claiming to anybody until an inspector verifies.

EDIT: Mibbit isn't working for me on my Mac, I'm using Firefox to access and I have made an account, but every time I try to access #turnip (or any channel for that matter) I type in the channel name, click the accept button, and nothing happens. In the upper right it says <number of people online> TIMEOUT, and below that, please wait.

Can anyone give me some advice on how to fix it?

If you really want to wait until day 1 for an inspector to not call me out, go right ahead. But know that I'll want to hear a good excuse for why shit nobody cares about like partial post restrictor or something doesn't claim n0.

If anyone else is considering making a "willing to sub" post, don't. Just PM/VM me or ask on IRC. In fact, just go sit in the channel on IRC for best results, since I'll probably ask for subs there first.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Yeah. Don't claim to spooner. You guys should claim to me. Third time's the charm. I swear I'm not gonna give the mafia any information this time. You have my word...

For early claiming, I'd back up the usual "don't claim but try some inspects (no explanation needed) and watchers (to check for safeguards) on him/her anyway". But yeah, don't claim yet.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Right chaps after discussing this with General Spoon We have come to an agreement that I will attempt to lead while he will withdraw his claim to leadership. Firstly my role

(I checked with the host and he allowed me to post this) If im lying then I get godkilled its as simple as that

http://wiki.epicmafia.com/index.php?title=Blacksmith

Basically thats what my role is, and I think its pretty obvious that if I was mafia this role breaks them. With a playerlist of 16 having a united village is essential (not to mention my role works better the more infomation I have) so yeah id kinda like people to claim to me (remember, no full role Pms) so we can get organised for tonight and I can try and give out targets.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Also, FOR GODS SAKE NO CLAIMING TO ANYBODY UNTIL THEY'RE VERIFIED!!!!!
Do you know how hard it is to verify in this game? not sharing role PMs makes it so easy to mole.

I am gonna say that no one should claim to them though. We saw in Mafia Rising how much claiming to early with no info can utterly destroy the village. Not entirely sure what type of enemy Town has. It could be that there is only a wolf or a small team of wolves. I think we are probably up against a small 3-4 person faction, but can't be sure. Just my thoughts.

PS: Daenym should be godkilled for quoting his Role PM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)