Ubers Premier League - Week 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

PROBLEMS

AHEAD OF HIS TIME
w/e rayquazas its was fun guys but now it looks like all of this as come to an end as games are getting thrown, glad you guys put all the effort you did and its a shame this fun experience has come to an end in such a terrible way due to managering tactics;

real model behavior from a moderator right there kids ;)

p.s rest of the guys playing for my team please finish your matches this week etc, also one last thing a 4-1 record was worth 20k imo #comeatmefags

Last edited:

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Pro tip to MM2's team, you should keep throwing.

1. [14:08] <&Ike> punish me, not my team
  2. [14:08] <&Ike> i'm the one who told them to throw the week
  3. [14:08] <soviet> they actually did it though
  4. [14:08] <%HSA> he only uses my teams anyway -_-
  5. [14:08] * Piex (~cgiirc@synIRC-4CCCDB18.range86-145.btcentralplus.com) has joined #ubers
  6. [14:09] <soviet> they are just as in the wrong as you
  7. [14:09] <&Ike> cause i told them it was okay to do so
  8. [14:09] <soviet> there is still a concious decision to do it though
  9. [14:09] <soviet> they could have said no but they didnt
  10. [14:10] <&Ike> can't hold that decision against them when they don't know any better
  11. [14:10] <soviet> That's kinda like robbing a bank because a cop told you it was alright
  12. [14:10] <&Ike> obvious that's an extreme example
  13. [14:10] <&Ike> but it's still somethign you could excuse
  14. [14:10] <&Ike> if they had an extreme reason fornot knowing better
  15. [14:10] <&Ike> like being autistic
  16. [14:10] <%PROBS> ???????
  17. [14:10] <&Ike> well extremely autistic obviously

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Anyone who purposely throws another match will be infracted.

There could be further actions taken, but what the Drizzlers are doing is extremely unsportsmanlike and unfair to the other teams and must stop immediately. We are not setting a precedent that this kind of behavior is okay.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
posting activity
18:37 <Oiawesome> new breed isn't here wtf
18:37 <Oiawesome> I have waited for like 5 hours
18:37 <Oiawesome> after PROBs said he would be on
18:37 <Oiawesome> and that he would tag me when he got on
18:37 <Oiawesome> even though he never did
18:38 --- yohoE is back
18:38 <yohoE> post activity

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
This type of match-fixing is harmful and detrimental to the tournament, and worst of all, there is no way to tell whether or not the Drizzlers will continue to throw their matches, especially since several of their players are known for using shitty Pokemon in Ubers and claiming that they are actually viable. I would not put it past them to continue their sleazeball tactics, either, given how unapologetic they appear to be within the logs in the preceding posts. To salvage the integrity of this tournament, I strongly recommend disqualifying Da Real (?) Drizzlers immediately from UPL.

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
BW2 Ubers: New Breed vs Monte Cristo - no clue who this is, but he cant be worse than Oia
BW2 Ubers: kingmidas vs TGMD - he holds the record for quickest loss in Upl history (probably), but can he do it again? ladies and gents, Kingmidas!!!

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
BW2 Ubers: New Breed vs Monte Cristo - no clue who this is, but he cant be worse than Oia
BW2 Ubers: kingmidas vs TGMD - he holds the record for quickest loss in Upl history (probably), but can he do it again? ladies and gents, Kingmidas!!!
Given what's happened don't you think you shouldn't be encouraging that?

Afaik the plan is more or less for the drizzlers to play their remaining current games seriously, and then for whoever plays us in the finals be considered by looking at the games not involving the drizzles [so helix's would be 2-1-1, and depending on the results of this week rays/zeks would be 2-2-0/2-1-1/3-1-0, and whoever has the most wins, or if they are all 2-1-1, bust 'goal difference' (pokemon term for that?) gets to play us], and I understand we might also face a penalty in the finals like being 1 point down initially. None of these are finalised, we have to wait for Hugen to post, this was only what was talked about on IRC.

I'd like to apologize for the shitty tactic we've used this week. This may not sound believable due to my earlier post but I had NO IDEA something like this was not allowed. I was asked if i wanted an easier final, and I agreed it may be a good idea - after all, I don't see myself as an amazing player and it would be nice to actually win a big tournament. I knew that it was a shitty strategy and may annoy people but had I known there was a rule against this I would never have given any thought to it.
If I have to be punished then so be it, but I deeply apologize to all the teams for corrupting a tournament in such a terrible fashion.

This type of match-fixing is harmful and detrimental to the tournament, and worst of all, there is no way to tell whether or not the Drizzlers will continue to throw their matches, especially since several of their players are known for using shitty Pokemon in Ubers and claiming that they are actually viable. I would not put it past them to continue their sleazeball tactics, either, given how unapologetic they appear to be within the logs in the preceding posts. To salvage the integrity of this tournament, I strongly recommend disqualifying Da Real (?) Drizzlers immediately from UPL.
I realize you aren't aware of the full context of these things so I hope I can fill you in so that you can understand where some of your conclusions are inaccurate.

I've not hidden the intentions of sacking this week, it was pretty clear from before the week even started. iirc, it was probs who was talking briefly about it with me and was saying he hoped blim's team won that tie breaker game so that I didn't have the option. We didn't hide anything because my team members aren't sleazeballs and had no intention of breaking any rules, we were open about it because we legitimately thought it was an option on the table.

I suppose you could continue to question our integrity on this point but besides this very occurence, there's nothing else that would lead you to doubt us otherwise.

As for apologies, my team members are not accountable for this. They were simply doing what you can only expect out of a good team and listened to their manager. It's completely my fault for not being aware of this rule and informing them of it, regardless if it was intentional or not. I'd strongly prefer if you punish those who are at fault and not those who were doing what you would expect out of a good team player.

I agree that you can't possible claim with any sort of certainty whether or not our team is playing the remainder of their games honestly. This is a huge concern and an inherent problem to the system because it is entirely possible (like has just happened) that a team that is capable of winning with widely considered unviable Pokemon would find themselves in a position where they would have a direct influence on the finals. Only two solutions are to either remove our possibility of playing in the finals or remove the impact our week with the helixs would have by some creative number crunching.

Whatever short-term solution is found to this problem, I hope a long-term solution is decided on for future UPLs / SPLs. Case-by-case calls on the true intentions of a team in this position are clearly completely unfeasible, regardless of which team happen to find themselves like that. This is unfair to the players in the tournament as you highly risk either punishing an innocent team or allowing cheaters to get away. There would need to be some new numbers crunching to avoid that the tournament system itself forces this on the players.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
helo why are u goin around lookin to battle me at 4am nigga...also rly though posting activity on a wednesday in a fun tour??? calm down big dog
sorry but probs said you'd be on in a couple of hours and you weren't there so I was wondering what happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)