Ubers Rain v3.0

Dark Storm

Hello Smogon! This is my newest rain team, and it's centered around a balanced core. This will be the last Rain Team I make, and eventually, I'll make an RMT for the one that has done the best (this one has already been extensively tested, don't worry). Well, here it is:

In Depth:

Darkrai @ Focus Sash
Trait: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast

This is your standard Darkrai set. Dark Void puts opposing leads to sleep, and takes away some of their health following the end of the turn thanks to his somewhat useful Bad Dreams ability. Dark Void's job is to incapacitate the opposing lead, so max speed and a timid nature was chosen for that purpose. After the opposing lead is put to sleep, I Nasty Plot on the switch, doubling my special attack, which also has max ev's. From there I simply Dark Pulse almost every switch in to death. If any steel type is brave enough to come in on me, I Focus Blast them to hell. The focus sash was chosen to let me survive an aura sphere from mewtwo and ko back w/ dark pulse. Dark/Fighting has great coverage in the ubers environment. That being said, there are a few threats to my anti-lead. Sleep Talk kyogre is my worst enemy, as dark void lets it attack from the get go, and easily 2HKO my lead. Speaking of dark void, it too is a bit of a liability to my lead. If I'm faced w/ an opposing Darkrai lead or say, deoxys-a, and dark void were to miss, my lead is instantly turned into dead weight my team can't afford to hold. Groudon also trolls me as he can survive a +2 dark pulse and either phaze me out w/ dragon tail or cripple me w/ thunder wave or toxic. Priority abusers like ekiller and rayquaza also glare menacingly at darkrai, as ekiller will 2HKO if focus blast misses and rayquaza can survive one dark pulse and KO with Draco Meteor/Espeed.

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
- Surf
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Scarf Kyogre acts as this teams revenge killer. This too is the standard Smogon set. With her scarf, she outspeeds nearly the entire meta-game, and her speed is boosted by her timid nature. Her amazing speed is the main reason I run Water Spout, the crux of the set. Water Spout at max HP boosted by STAB and Rain will massacre anything in her way that isn't named ferrotroll or palkia. Should her health be weakened by entry hazards or actual damage from opposing pokemon, Surf can be used as a less powerful but still very strong STAB move which is also boosted by Rain. Thunder was chosen to eliminate opposing Kyogre, as she takes away about 2/3 of opposing specs kyogres hp, but at the cost of her own life. Thunder is also my best way to hit Palkia for neutral damage, and the 30% paralysis chance is always nice. Ice beam was selected to hit virtually every one of the dragons that run rampant in the tier for SE damage. Ice Beam is also my only way of hitting ferrothorn for neutral damage, though I almost always switch out due to fear of a lethal Power Whip. Kyogre is also threatened by the Space Time duo, Palkia and Dialga. Palkia has a quad resist to Water, enjoys a water boosted Hydro Pump, and if scarfed, will always outspeed kyogre and 2HKO w/ Thunder. Dialga on the other hand is incredibly bulky, and also resists water. It too threatens to 2HKO kyogre. Aside from that, Kyogre is also annoyed by its arch rival Groudon, whose sun forces away her storm, and makes tentacruel even more dead weight...

Tentacruel (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Protect

*Sigh* The one member on the team who I don't like... at all. I ran tentacruel because he could absorb the otherwise troubling toxic spikes in the Ubers environment, and perhaps lay down some of his own. On top of that, if kyogre's rain is up, he could regain 12.5% of his health every turn, including leftovers recovery, which, along with protect, would help him stall out opponents who switch in on toxic spikes. Rapid spin was chosen to rid my field of entry hazards. Scald was chosen as the STAB Rain boosted move of choice, and for a potential burn. His calm nature allows him to survive 2 Thunder strikes from even the mighty Kyogre, but aside from that, he's completely useless to this team. Dear Reader, if you choose to do nothing else to this RMT, please, help a girl out and give me a viable replacement for this team (a physical attacker would be nice)!!!

Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Ahh yes, steeleus. My iron clad God who acts as the defensive back bone/tank of my team. Max HP, along with rain, allows him to survive Sacred fire from Ho-Oh, but he can't do much in return. Although steel isn't a good offensive typing, with one or two calm minds, his stab judgement, boosted by a modest nature, hits very hard. He generally forces switches, allowing for an opportunity to use calm mind. Recover was chosen to extend his lifetime on the field. Will-O-Wisp is on the set to cripple ekiller, dd rayquaza, and other physical threats in the uber tier. He enjoys the rain, as in it, he loses his fire type weakness. He has great synergy w/ rayquaza, as both their weaknesses are resisted by the other, allowing them to switch in on whatever threatens the other, and more often than not, neutralize the threat.

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Trait: Air Lock
EVs: 128 Atk / 128 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- ExtremeSpeed
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- V-Create

Say what you want about DD Rayquaza and SD Rayquaza, I say, "screw em both, Mixquaza all the way!". I've tried time and time again to use either of the two latter options, but they go down way too fast, either due to scarf kyogre or scarf palkia. This particular set was of my own design. He acts as my best counter to weather teams due to his amazing airlock ability, as kingdra gets nailed by his meteor, excadrill falls to his earth power, and venasuar is scorched by his v create.Max Speed to outspeed those annoying Kyurem forms, if not speed tie. Extremespeed was chosen because of its nice priority and good base power, allowing me to revenge kill certain weakened sweepers, like palkia. Draco Meteor was chosen as the STAB of choice, as it'll massacre anything that doesn't outright resist it. Speaking of dragon resists, Sinnohs Dialga will be murdered by Earth Power, which was chosen over earth quake as it hits dialga's weaker special defense stat. Lastly, but certainly not least, is Nintendo's gift to Rayquaza, V-Create, which OHKO's ferrothorn in the rain. As mentioned before, he has great synergy with Arceus steel, and although he hates SR, they tend to get the job done.

Mewtwo @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
- Psystrike
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball

This is your standard mewtwo. Max speed along with a hasty nature lets him hit as fast as possible, without compromising any of his surprisingly good defensive stats. Max Special attack was also chosen for this reason. Aura Sphere was chosen to hit the steel types present in the tier, and on occasion, Tyranitar and Darkrai. Shadow Ball was chosen to hit opposing psychic types for SE damage, and, along with Aura Sphere, it gives perfect coverage. Ice Beam was selected to hit the dragons in the tier for SE damage, and to murder Groudon of course. Lastly, psystrike was chosen to hit the pink blobs for 2HKO's, and as a way of hitting Ho-oh and Kyogre for significant damage. It's also a very powerful STAB, comparable to Arceus's Judgement.

Well, there's my team. I hope you can give me a way of replacing Tentacruel w/ a physical attacker, and any other advice you deem necessary. Bye!

If you're not interested in Tentacruel's defensive prowess, why not just use Qwilfish instead? He can also put up Toxic Spikes (or Spikes, which are better for this team anyways) and can Taunt or hit people so he isn't setup fodder for other dudes.

This looks like an offensive team, so it's risky to let opposing sweepers set up when all you have is ScarfOgre. In particular, Tentacruel opens you up to problems like DDRay and RPDon, and it gets worse if someone predicts the Protect. I think Qwilfish would probably be the safest choice here.

EDIT: Wow I just realized you don't have Stealth Rock. Uh, in that case, you should probably change Steelceus to a support set.

since ur using a dark void set, toxic spikes is slightly redundant, especially because r team almost completly revolves around offense. I could suggest maybe an offensive donphan to get up stealth rocks and have a hazard setter that sets up. Good luck with ur team!

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hello Jerp, this is a great team you have here, but I feel like you can improve on it. (Sorry for the long para below, read it, its worth it.)

First thing first, change Kyorge's nature from Timid to Modest with 52 HP / 252 SAtk / 204 Spd, as you gain 2HKOs on Pokemon such as Giratina-O with Ice Beam and 4/0 Arceus with Water Spout after Stealth Rock(I'll get back to Stealth Rock in a bit!) Kyorge will also gain more power overall, while only losing to Faster Kyorge(which usually are Modest to anyways) and Modest Kyruem-W(which are all Timid anyways). You still get the jump on neutral natured Deo-A regardless, so all isn't lost. From there, Rayquaza could use a spread of 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd with Outrage > Earth Power. With that spread, you gain more power on Outrage, V-Create, and ESpeed, while still packing enough punch to 2HKO Defensive Groundon and Lugia with a combo of Draco Meteor and Outrage/V-Create, with Outrage if Steels are gone and V-Create if they aren't(Lugia is 2HKOd after Stealth Rocks). Finally, I think using Substitute > Shadow Ball on Mewtwo works wonders, as Mewtwo forces switches, and with Substitute, you can take advantage of that. Plus, it'll keep you safe from Choice Scarf users that may switch in thinking it'll be taking a resisted hit, but will be instead faced with a Substitute. Also, while not requried, a spread of 204 HP / 52 SAtk / 252 Spd with Leftovers works, as you can now make 101 HP Subs, meaning Blissey's or Chansey can't break the sub anymore with Seismic Toss. However, this means a HUGE drop in power, though entry hazards make up for it. Plus, Leftovers helps when making more Subs. With that, I can get to my next point. Your team lacks the most important move in the game, Stealth Rock. With Pokemon such as Kyurem-White/Black, Mulitiscale Lugia, and Regenrator Ho-Oh, it is important that Stealth Rock is in play to cripple these Pokemon. As such, while you do lose the bulkiest switch in to Dragons with this move (Something I'll get too later!) Stealth Rock Arceus Grass > Steel Arceus works, as you not only get a check to RP Groundon and a reliable Kyorge switch in, you get Stealth Rocks, and with Ice Beam, you can still get rid of Pokemon such as Banded Garchomp, Rayquaza, and Salamence with Ice Beam. Now of course, we can't just get rid of the teams Dragon resist like that, so, Forretress > Tentacreul works, as Forry can 1- Volt Switch to build momentum and Rapid Spin, which spins away Toxic Spikes, which your team is more weak too since Tenta is gone, and Stealth Rock, which only helps Rayquaza out. Now, while I don't like changing 3 members on 1 team, its a must here, as since Forry will be using Spikes, you'll need a Ghost-type Pokemon to keep Rocks + Spikes in play. So, Giratina-O > Darkrai works, as Giratina-O not only gives you a solid SD Arceus check, it also gives you a more reliable Fighting-type check, and another check to Rock Polish Groundon. Plus, with Dragon Tail, it can rack up damage with Spikes and Stealth Rock in play. However, keep in mind all these changes make the team more defensive, though it only gives the team more support for a Rayquaza + Mewtwo sweep.

So, in summary:

Pros: 2HKOs on Pokemon such as Giratina-O and 4/0 Arceus after Rocks, more power in general, slightly more bulk thanks to the HP investment

Cons: Losing out to Modest Choice Scarf base 95s(most of which are Timid) and Timid Choice Scarf Kyorge(most are Modest, and Thunder doesn't OHKO anyways, so its fine, paralysis screws with Speed anyways)

Pros: More power on Outrage, ESpeed and V-Create on Quaza, Outrage/V-Create+Draco Meteor = 2HKOs on Groudon + Lugia after Stealth Rock

Cons: Unless your spread OHKOd or 2HKOd something with Draco Meteor, none really, having more Attack for 3/4th of the movepool is better, and Draco Meteor is usually only used to nab Pokemon with lower Special Defense

Pros: Sub takes advantage of Mewtwo's ability to force switches and eases prediction, as well as keeping it safe from Choice Scarfers, the new spread makes 101 HP subs, meaning Chans or Bliss can't break it with Seismic Toss and Leftys helps to recover HP when using Sub

Cons: If just Sub>Shadow Ball, the fact that hitting Victini in Sun will be hard, as it resists everything in the movepool, though Victini is SUPER rare, and Deo-A + Deo-S are OHKOd and 2HKOd with Psystrike anyways, while Mewtwo can be a pain, though Mewtwo don't usually run Shadow Ball anyways, meaning it'll be a fight of Psystrike, and Substitute helps you win this battle

Pros:Stealth Rock, check to RP Groundon and a reliable Kyorge switch in, Ice gets rid of Pokemon such as Garchomp, Rayquaza, and Salamence, while Grass Knot deals with Kyorge and Groundon, or Judgement for Manaphy

Cons: Losing the bulkiest Steel in the game, though your spread wasn't working out anyways. If you decide to keep Arceus-Steel, a spread of 248 HP / 8 SAtk / 252 Spd works better, as you outpace Pokemon such as SD Arceus, Groundon, Terrakion, Rayquaza, and Offensive Groundon, meaning that you can burn them all with Will-O-Wisp before they get rid of you. However, I replaced it because your team needed Rocks and Steel-Arceus wasn't helping with that, plus a check to RP Groundon and a reliable Kyorge switch in helps, as RP Groundon is trouble once it sets up.

Pros: Steel-Resist, Rapid Spinner, gains momentum with Volt Switch, Spikes to soften things for Rayquaza and Mewtwo

Cons: A quick way to get rid of Toxic Spikes + losing Toxic Spikes as well as Protect to stall out Poison / Burns + Scald to more more stuff. Tho, since Will-O-Wisp is needed for physical checks, Toxic Spikes wasn't working out

Pros: Spinblocker, which is needed for teams with Spikes + Rocks, more reliable Ground-immunity than Rayquaza, Will-O-Wisp for physical Pokemon, mainly SD Arceus, Dragon Tail to phaza

Cons: Losing a way to cripple Pokemon from the get go with Darkrai, though without a Ghost, you can't keep Spikes or Rocks up, and its pointless to use them if they're going to be spun away. While Darkrai was cool, overall it wasn't helping the team much other than putting a Pokemon to sleep, which could be the team sleep absorber

Arceus-Grass @ Meadow Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 144 SDef / 112 Spd
- Grass Knot / Judgement
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Forretress (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split / Toxic

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 208 HP / 60 Atk / 188 Def / 44 SAtk / 8 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dragon Tail
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Sneak

Good Luck with the team, hope this helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)