UK Pokémon Event - GAME Stores

I learned the following things about the "legendary trainer" today:

He claims he isn't allowed to hack.

He claims that he has been undefeated for three years because he EV trained his Pokemon.

Lucky he won't be at Guildford.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, I'm not in the mood to give much of a report right now, but I might later.

Platinum carts do not work with the download I'm afraid.

I learned the following things about the "legendary trainer" today:

He claims he isn't allowed to hack.

He claims that he has been undefeated for three years because he EV trained his Pokemon.

Lucky he won't be at Guildford.
Adding onto Tails' post..

If you ask for a battle and he knows you're good, he'll walk away and come back after a while when you don't want to play XD .

@TC: You know the woman he was speaking to? She was the head of Nintendo UK lol.

If you ask for a battle and he knows you're good, he'll walk away and come back after a while when you don't want to play XD .

@TC: You know the woman he was speaking to? She was the head of Nintendo UK lol.
lol really? i'll note that :P
Oxford circus Event FTW!

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Me, Havak and Retro 0range went to the Trafford event yesterday afternoon. There was pretty much nothing there except the download terminal and some DS' with diamond and pearl in. As a practical joke, Retro 0range traded all of the pokemon from the display game and replaced them with 6 bidoof and starly nicknamed:

I
Stole
Your
Pokemon
Nintendo
HAHAHA

Good times. I think he got another event shaymin from the cart too. Apart from that we spoke to and battled a few guys from other sites, andthere was a creepy old guy talking about how he wanted flying pokemon to be immune to thunder when rain dance was in effect (I don't know). There wasn't a great deal to do there but it was a fun day out regardless.
No sign of Toothache this time. Dunno if you went, we probably missed you because we got there quite late.

I can confirm that the event doesn't work with US versions of platinum. You get an error saying something like
"This event is not compatible with this version of the game"
Sorry Jhonny and anybody else who was using platinum. My friend who was going to the Sheffield event is in the same situation.

So is it that the game is foreign or that it's not d/p? Regardless, hope you guys had an okay time. I'm thinking the actual event...not so much...so heres hoping you got drunk or set fire to a tramp or something.

So is it that the game is foreign or that it's not d/p? Regardless, hope you guys had an okay time. I'm thinking the actual event...not so much...so heres hoping you got drunk or set fire to a tramp or something.
It's probably that it's not D/P, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to download a Darkrai to my US cart last year. That sucks, though, since I got Platinum imported a few days ago...

EDIT: Kinneas, at the Darkrai event, I traded my level 90 EVed Palkia (Modest 24/5/12/31/29/29) onto one of the carts, and also changed one of the DS's nickname to 'Wichu' and the comment to 'Pokémon Amethyst' :P

I feel like the only Smogon member from the UK that can't go. >_> Sometimes I hate living in Shetland. You know, the far, FAR north of Scotland... island in the middle of nowhere... nevermind.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
'MAY' be at the April 16th Birmingham one with my friend, depends on where i'm at, what i'm doing at the time etc.

Just want to confirm that if anyone one has jap import version of platinum you cant get shaymin. As other people have stated event wasnt upto much. In Chester it was just a stand, some balloons,two cutish girls in red t-shirts. Anyway got a few shaymin as i have multiple game carts so will offer one out to anyone when i've got round to soft reseting etc, as busy breeding via emerald rng at the moment.

I might make it to the Leeds event. Seems a shame - I was hoping to get 2 Shaymin (1 for my Diamond and Platinum carts), but alas, I'll be fine with one ^_^

Just sr'ed for 1 of my 4 shaymin, Bold, IVs: 29 / 29 / 20 / 30 / 31 / 27.

Not too bad, but ehh, I have another 3 to do so it's fine.

Went to Regent's street event today, as I booked the wrong days off for the Guildford one << anyway got my Shaymin, owned some kids and got an Event Regigigas too!

I may go to Oxford St.
The guy who traded me the Event 'Gigas works in this one, so ask around and see if he'll give them out again.

There was a dude named Stephen who I traded with who said he has an account here, so hopefully he'll see this and reply.

No master trainer, no platinum versions, lot's of fat kids, lots of cosplayers, no goodybag... But I had a good day out with the people I met there and we went to get ice cream afterwards :D

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
I will be in Guildford town centre from midday-ish and I will pop by the event every so often.

adding to river's post

today, i didn't find any 'legendary trainer' whether he was in cosplay or not down at hamley's.

All i found was my shaymin :)
and 1 group of trainers that considered metagross to be the best pokemon =/
P.s i hate that endure-explode trick >_> where 1 pokémon endures and the other explodes in double battles...

I'll check out the other Oxford street event and see what happens there, i would not want another Oxford street even again! London bus services fail!

woohoo i got my free shaymin today(go running there before coach gose in morning :D) i jsut sat outside shop and got it from there save me going in on own and looking like a idiot(even move so) i looked inside and saw no such trainer to beat but even so my team sucks and isent iv/ev'ed at all but now gotta SR for a shaymin fun times

adding to river's post

today, i didn't find any 'legendary trainer' whether he was in cosplay or not down at hamlet's.

All i found was my shaymin :)
and 1 group of trainers that considered metagross to be the best pokemon =/
P.s i hate that endure-explode trick >_> where 1 pokémon endures and the other explodes in double battles...

I'll check out the other Oxford street event and see what happens there, i would not want another Oxford street even again! London bus services fail!
He's not at many of the events. I asked him if he was going to be at guildford, but he said something like he'll be going to 3 events max :\ .

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
This Guildford meet was so badly organised lol. I have no idea what anyone looks like so I just walked around Game for a bit and then left. I asked the Nintendo dude if he had heard any talk about Smogon and he said no.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)