SPOILERS! Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Datamine Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So not sure if I should ask here. But that guy who stated "It's got so much more content than emerald or platinum" was a load of bull?

I compiled a list of new Pokemon locations from this:

Ekans: Route 2
Seel: Surf in Seaward Cave
Mime Jr.: Hau'oli City
Smoochum: Seaward Cave
Furfrou: Hau'oli City
Dunsparce: Route 2
Remoraid: Fish in Melemele Sea
Mantyke: Surf in Melemele Sea
Mawile: Ten Carat Hill
Clamperl: Fish in Melemele Sea
Buneary: Route 1
Zorua: Trainer's School
Flabebe: Melemele Meadow
Inkay: Route 1 (South part)
Hawlucha: Route 3
Noibat: Verdant Cavern

Hoothoot: Lush Jungle
Natu: Memorial Hill
Mareep: Paniola Ranch
Larvitar: Diglett's Tunnel
Kecleon: "Dividing Peak Tunnel" (level 17-20, new area I assume is in Akala based on level)
Basculin: Fish in Brooklet Hill
Larvesta: Lush Jungle (Strength Cave only)

Pineco: Route 10
Manectric: Route 12
Baltoy: SOS from Krokorok in Haina Desert (maybe Dugtrio too? not sure how to read SOS table exactly)
Shuppet: Thrifty Megamart
Scraggy: Route 15
Minccino: Malie City (Outer Cape)
Frillish: Surf in Route 14
Elgyem: Mount Hokulani
Bisharp: Route 17 (seems to be encountered as a Bisharp despite being far under its evo level of 52)

Lickitung: Poni Gauntlet
Aipom: Poni Plains
Heracross: Poni Groves
Corphish: Fish in Vast Poni Canyon
Tropius: Exeggutor Island
Mienfoo: Vast Poni Canyon
Druddigon: Resolution Cave
Pyroar: Poni Plains
Dragalge: Ancient Poni Path

Omanyte/Kabuto/Lileep/Anorith/Tyrunt/Amaura are likely available in Konikoni City. Golurk is nowhere to be seen - might be a version exclusive? No sight of Houndour line either but we knew that was a version exclusive.
There's Trubbish in route 1 iirc.

Ugh. Why didn't Primarina get Boomburst? Decidueye and Incineroar get new useful toys and the best Primarina gets is Icy Wind (which would only have some use in doubles). Why Game Freak? Why?

It sucks that Dusk Lycanroc is now in 110 speed tier but I sort of expected it. Midday needed something to not be completely outclassed and its speed is one of the defining traits of that form so it's not much of a surprise. At least it both Midday and Dusk got Drill Run. It was honestly baffling that the Rockruff line doesn't learn Earthquake considering the sheer number and variety of pokemon that do learn it.

Ugh. Why didn't Primarina get Boomburst? Decidueye and Incineroar get new useful toys and the best Primarina gets is Icy Wind (which would only have some use in doubles). Why Game Freak? Why?

It sucks that Dusk Lycanroc is now in 110 speed tier but I sort of expected it. Midday needed something to not be completely outclassed and its speed is one of the defining traits of that form so it's not much of a surprise. At least it both Midday and Dusk got Drill Run. It was honestly baffling that the Rockruff line doesn't learn Earthquake considering the sheer number and variety of pokemon that do learn it.
Well, Primarina was arguably the best of the Alola Starters already, and outside of Boomburst (which would have been RIDICULOUS) and possibly Agility, I can't imagine what it could get that makes sense, would help it out competitively, and that it doesn't already have. Decidueye's movepool always reeked of missed potential, though, and Incineroar, despite being a Dark-Type, was always destined for the vast Tutor compatibility that all the Fire/Fighting lot (and Chesnaught) got.

And yeah, 110 is so overcrowded that that will certainly hurt Lycanroc-D, but I guess that's the price it pays for Tough Claws boosted Accelrock, Drill Run, Stomping Tantrum, Brick Break, Fire/Thunder Fang, Iron Head, etc. (I've always been equally perplexed by it lacking EQ, though).

Oh, and shout out to Lycanroc-Midnight on FINALLY getting some decent moves the other forms don't have. I mean, it really needed Dynamic Punch or Head Smash, but I can work with Fire/Thunder Punch, Dual Chop, Outrage, Focus Punch, and Foul Play. (But come on GF, not even Superpower? Knock Off and Ice Punch would've been nice, too...)

Maybe it's because it wouldn't make sense for a singer ( or a prima Donna) to have creature-killing boomburst, I guess. Unless it is a horrible singer whose sound is essentially a boom burst.
And no please, if liquid voice boosted Primarina will be horrifying, not as if it is underpowered .

Entei doesn’t get Earthquake & Aerodactyl doesn’t learn Brave Bird or Head Smash. Gamefreak always shortchanges some Pokémon every generation.

Although as others have stated Incineroar was the worst & Primarina really didn’t need much more than it already has.

Entei doesn’t get Earthquake & Aerodactyl doesn’t learn Brave Bird or Head Smash. Gamefreak always shortchanges some Pokémon every generation.

Although as others have stated Incineroar was the worst & Primarina really didn’t need much more than it already has.
Brave Bird and Head Smash would be completely busted on Aerodactyl. While Entei gets Stomping Tantrum which is good enough for it.

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Idk if this has been answered already but, is Ultra Necromza like only when it knows Photon Geyser like Mega Rayquaza and Dragon's Ascent? How does it work?

So, as far as I can tell, the uncertainties regarding Necrozma's "Ultra Burst" to achieve its Ultra forme can be summarized as follows:

1. Once Necrozma has the appropriate Z-Crystal attached and is in its Dawn Wings or Dusk Mane forme, does it need to use Photon Geyser in battle to Ultra Burst, or will any move work?
  2. If the answer to that question is no, does it need to at least know Photon Geyser in order to Ultra Burst?
  3. Someone suggested that Prismatic Laser may also work instead of Photon Geyser. If the answer to either part 1) or 2) is Yes, would Prismatic Laser work in place of Photon Geyser?

I was thinking about something before going to bed (if you think it's too Farfetch'd, bear in mind that I've been awaken for the past 36 hours).

You guys were talking about how Poipole/Naganadel's stats weren't akin to the Prime numbers of other UBs. But what if that was not an error? Technically speaking, they aren't the same as the other UBs. They aren't wild things with their own worlds that somehow got through Ultra Holes. They are actual Pokémon, that are like the starters in their home world, they evolve, they are friendly towards their trainer so, all in all, pretty much a regular Pokémon, with the sole exception that they happen to come from a different universe/world.

So, technically speaking, they don't need to fit the mold with the other UBs because they aren't as much UBs as the others are. So I don't see them correcting anything on their stats. But I might be wrong, I don't know.

Cool things I noticed:

Meteor Mash Lucario

Zigzagoon finally learns Extreme Speed :)

Strength Sap Vileplume, Victreebel and Jumpluff is a thing

New Sticky Web users: Araquanid, Slurpuff, Ribombee

Accelgor now gets Toxic Spikes in addition to Spikes

Power-Up Punch Lopunny is back

Noctowl gets Hurricane

Does this existence of things like Naganadel and Blacephalon mean that Pheromosa could potentially get a suspect test to be unbanned in OU?

Is there a similar list where it only shows the moves that Pokemon didnt previously have? Like in that list for example it says Necrozma can learn SR through move tutors but it could already learn it before.
Its just more convenient if it was ordered this way so we can more easily distinguish new moves.

That being said, I already had a thorough search through the list and decided to list some noteworthy new moves on certain mons:

Lucario gets meteor mash (no more iron miss lol)
Vileplume, Victreebel and Jumpluff get the broken strength sap
Ambipom gets tail slap
Accelgor gets tspikes (although now that everything gets defog it might not be as cool, speaking of which...)
knock off and defog on literally every mon!! thank you move tutors!!
Aromatisse gets nasty plot
Bouffalant gets cotton guard
Magnet rise on Magearna to troll lando
A few mons got webs too; Slurpuff, Araquanid and Ribombee
Bewear gets drain punch so its a little better
Barbaracle actually has accurate moves now in Liquidation and superpower
Golisopod gets drill run so its no longer cockblocked by thapex
Mah boy Kommo-o got cc, rocks, and new z move
Defog Lando...because you may as well compress as many roles as possible into this god of a mon

EDIT: damn you Marzbar ;)
(zig could already learn espeed btw)
Does this existence of things like Naganadel and Blacephalon mean that Pheromosa could potentially get a suspect test to be unbanned in OU?
Pheromosa has access to drill run thanks to tutors so thats even more of a reason to keep that beast locked up in ubers as far as im concerned, cuz most of Phero's original checks/counters get boned by ground coverage (thapex, alolawak, gengar, etc)

Last edited:
apperently in post-game when you go through a portal, its completly ramdom if you encounter a legendary or ub, and once again random which one you get

and you can save right after entering a portal, so nothing tedious for soft reseting

Last edited by a moderator:
But if it's completely random what it'll be I don't see how soft re setting will be less tedious.
That you can save after entering a portal (and the game has rolled which Pokemon you can get). I guess it's... better than nothing?

Has it been confirmed that you can buy Apricorn Balls somewhere? The GF building? (And Beast Balls at Aether, if you like those.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)