Unpopular opinions

You know, I think having a challenge mode unlocked after you beat the game is a great idea - because for kids it wouldn't matter since it's something after they've beaten the game and they're used to it.
Know what would make it fine and why it wouldn't be good as the games are now?
Multiple save files.

You know, I think having a challenge mode unlocked after you beat the game is a great idea - because for kids it wouldn't matter since it's something after they've beaten the game and they're used to it.
Know what would make it fine and why it wouldn't be good as the games are now?
Multiple save files.
Multiple save files would be great, but from a financial standpoint I can understand why they would not include that in a game, the people who really want to have another save file will just go buy another game. Including a more difficult mode would be great and there is not reason for them not to include it!

Especially when you have Eevee and the Gen I eeveelutions as better Pokemon to complain about.
Speaking of Eevee, I just don't like like that blob of cutesy mediocrity. I hate how people (especially on /r/pokemon) always want newer Eeveelutions, especially when cross gen evolutions comes up as it seems Eevee seems to have an exclusivity contract nowadays that means only it can have new cross-gen/divergent evolutions. It pisses me off how I get downvoted as hell whenever I mention I'd prefer not to have any more eeveelutions. Do we really more of the buggers?
Every. Single. Time someone asks about ideas for new Pokémon a discussion about Eevee pops up.

Speaking of Eevee, I just don't like like that blob of cutesy mediocrity. I hate how people (especially on /r/pokemon) always want newer Eeveelutions, especially when cross gen evolutions comes up as it seems Eevee seems to have an exclusivity contract nowadays that means only it can have new cross-gen/divergent evolutions. It pisses me off how I get downvoted as hell whenever I mention I'd prefer not to have any more eeveelutions. Do we really more of the buggers?
Every. Single. Time someone asks about ideas for new Pokémon a discussion about Eevee pops up.
It could be that now that we have so many Eeveelutions (8), GF / Nintendo just feel pressured to keep making more. People will want to see an eeveelution for their favourite type and stuff, and since they made 8, well heck why can't they make more?

I personally don't mind whether they add more Eeveelutions or not. If there gonna make more just give us one that can stay OU imo.

EDIT: I really like Eevee as a Pokemon ON IT'S OWN

I just like how versatile Eevee is. When you get one, you have so many options. You could get that type you really needed to help your team, or just choose your favorite design-wise.

I just like how versatile Eevee is. When you get one, you have so many options. You could get that type you really needed to help your team, or just choose your favorite design-wise.
Yeah, that's another big draw. I mean in B2W2 and XY you can literally raise a full Eeveelution time as you can find them in the wild.

Well, about XY. I agree Mega Evolution is good, but only when given to forgotten / underused Pokemon. I mean when they are slapped on legendarys like Mewtwo you run into an issue. I also disagree with "fan service megas" such as the Kanto / Hoeen Starters but that's for another time.
I disagree with the Kanto starters, as they did need the buff. Especially Charizard, who had been languishing in the lower tiers for a while at that point.
Still didn't need two (stupid Mega Charizard-X).

Yeah, rip. It's worse in HGSS iirc, they don't have anyway to get the Gen 4 eeveelutions (I think) unless you trade.
Correct. The same thing actually happened in FRLG as you couldn't get the Gen 2 Eeveelutions without trading (there is no internal clock).
Luckily, thanks to ORAS saying screw it when it comes to regional dex and just fully updated the damn thing, we can get Glaceon, Leafeon, and Sylveon to our hearts content.

I disagree with the Kanto starters, as they did need the buff. Especially Charizard, who had been languishing in the lower tiers for a while at that point.
Still didn't need two (stupid Mega Charizard-X).

Correct. The same thing actually happened in FRLG as you couldn't get the Gen 2 Eeveelutions without trading (there is no internal clock).
Luckily, thanks to ORAS saying screw it when it comes to regional dex and just fully updated the damn thing, we can get Glaceon, Leafeon, and Sylveon to our hearts content.
I hate Charizard - that's a rant for another time though.

And in FRLG you can't even get Blissey or Crobat ;;

I'm popping out a ton of posts here today, but am I the only one who prefers paralysis to sleep for catching legendaries, even in older games? I know a Pokémon put to sleep has a higher chance of being caught than a Pokémon that's paralyzed, but considering paralysis does not wear off like Sleep and I don't have to keep inflicting it, I just find it much more convenient and efficient.
Maybe this isn't that unpopular but I dunno, everywhere I go I see people say "use sleep moves", and any LP I watch the LPer is like "I'm gonna use sleep powder" or whatever.
And I'm not saying that's wrong, I just prefer paralysis and get a little confused why I seem to be the only one lol

I'm popping out a ton of posts here today, but am I the only one who prefers paralysis to sleep for catching legendaries, even in older games? I know a Pokémon put to sleep has a higher chance of being caught than a Pokémon that's paralyzed, but considering paralysis does not wear off like Sleep and I don't have to keep inflicting it, I just find it much more convenient and efficient.
Maybe this isn't that unpopular but I dunno, everywhere I go I see people say "use sleep moves", and any LP I watch the LPer is like "I'm gonna use sleep powder" or whatever.
And I'm not saying that's wrong, I just prefer paralysis and get a little confused why I seem to be the only one lol
I've always used paralysis moves. What if my Sleeper faints? What if it wakes up (hax exists). For me it's just far more consistent to paralyse. Never understood sleeping it. I'd rather not have to revive spam against strong legendaries etc

My status of choice has always been freezing. Jk. All joking aside I also prefer paralysis- it's just a one time deal. Sleep you're gonna have to do over and over most likely. I'll use sleep occasionally, but only when the Pokemon I'm trying to catch actually poses some sort of offensive threat.

I've always used paralysis moves. What if my Sleeper faints? What if it wakes up (hax exists). For me it's just far more consistent to paralyse. Never understood sleeping it. I'd rather not have to revive spam against strong legendaries etc
PP is a thing, though. I remember a Shiny Latios I rng'd way back in HeartGold I needed to redo 4x as he struggled himself to death. I think it took roughly 400-500 balls with him sleeping at 1HP if I remember correctly. If I'd paralyze it'd KO itself significantly sooner, and my chances of capturing it would be even smaller.
Recently I RNG'd a Beldum in Pt and that, too, took in excess of 300 balls. And considering it has only one move with 15PP and does recoil, you really want it asleep all the time.

At first. Once you get the National Dex, Chansey and Golbat can evolve once they've fulfilled the requirements. Eevee, however, still won't evolve into Umbreon or Espeon due to the lack of an internal clock.
Oh. RIP Umbreon + Espeon though.

PP is a thing, though. I remember a Shiny Latios I rng'd way back in HeartGold I needed to redo 4x as he struggled himself to death. I think it took roughly 400-500 balls with him sleeping at 1HP if I remember correctly. If I'd paralyze it'd KO itself significantly sooner, and my chances of capturing it would be even smaller.
Recently I RNG'd a Beldum in Pt and that, too, took in excess of 300 balls. And considering it has only one move with 15PP and does recoil, you really want it asleep all the time.
Personally, I've never really been in a situation where something I'm trying to capture ends up struggling. Mabye I'm just lucky but I'd still prefer Paralysis. I can understand why sleep helps in that situation though.

Kurona needs a Mega

I actually think, aside from wanting Mega Flygon and a few more Gen V Megas, I think we're good with Gamefreak surprising us with ridiculously random Megas (like seriously, Beedrill?)
Yeah like, thing is; there's a ridiculously long line of Pokémon that are less than great that would want a Mega - or, hell, any sort of buff. So when something is said about it it more seems a different way of saying "This is what Pokémon I want to get a Mega."
So it'd be nice to have some surprises and I don't give a shit if things like Flygon don't get one. The only things I could really see as a Mega being necessary for is Starters to keep things equal, but even then it's pretty arbitrary.

Yeah like, thing is; there's a ridiculously long line of Pokémon that are less than great that would want a Mega - or, hell, any sort of buff. So when something is said about it it more seems a different way of saying "This is what Pokémon I want to get a Mega."
So it'd be nice to have some surprises and I don't give a shit if things like Flygon don't get one. The only things I could really see as a Mega being necessary for is Starters to keep things equal, but even then it's pretty arbitrary.
That's the issue with having 700+ Pokemon, sadly. I'd rather they focus on making like 50 good Pokemon and not 200 shit / weak ones.

That's the issue with having 700+ Pokemon, sadly. I'd rather they focus on making like 50 good Pokemon and not 200 shit / weak ones.
Either way there's gonna be a divide. No matter how large or small your selection pool is, some are gonna turn out as the best and some are just gonna turn out crap.
I at least think we're far from the days of Luvdisc though and Game Freak are in modern days not deliberately making something useless. I can't think of anything in Kalos' roster that at the very least didn't have a good intention behind it.

For starters, I'd be fine with Gen IV and V starters getting their Megas in eventual remakes (since it seems inevitable that they will happen). Maybe randomly throw in Gen VI starters in the middle or something.

I only say Mega Flygon because we were already teased with "We would have made it if we knew what to do with it in time." Maybe I'm just salty about it.

Either way there's gonna be a divide. No matter how large or small your selection pool is, some are gonna turn out as the best and some are just gonna turn out crap.
I at least think we're far from the days of Luvdisc though and Game Freak are in modern days not deliberately making something useless. I can't think of anything in Kalos' roster that at the very least didn't have a good intention behind it.
Dedenne is the only one that comes to mind really. We don't need more Pika Clones. Only Fairy Move it gets runs off its inferior ATK stat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)